Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Lawn care this fall, lush grass next spring: Grasshopper Problem

Communities > Forums > Article: Lawn care this fall, lush grass next spring
bookmark
Forum: Article: Lawn care this fall, lush grass next springReplies: 1, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Tappi
Las Vegas, NM

September 22, 2008
5:54 PM

Post #5585386

Does anybody out there have alot of grasshoppers on your lavender plants? I do! I know they love sweet smelling plants and from there they hop over to my grass and other plants. So they re just ALL over the front yard!

Does anyone know a way to get rid of those pests?

I've already tried setting out pans of water, dish soap and honey, but they are still around. I got a few of them in the pans and even a bucket of water with the same mix!!

Thanks!
"Tappi"

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 22, 2008
7:12 PM

Post #5585629

Tappi- I wish I could help you but NM is almost a different world from MD, and I don't have grasshopper experience. Why don't you ask this on the Beginner forum--here's the link for you to click. You're more likely to get some good advice there.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/b_gardentalk/all/
Good luck! and thanks for reading.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Lawn care this fall, lush grass next spring Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Well Done! darius 3 Sep 21, 2008 11:00 AM
Do we really need lawns? Noturf 14 Oct 28, 2011 7:32 AM
Works well! JuneyBug 1 Sep 9, 2011 5:03 AM
How about southern grasses? GardenGrammy 1 Sep 12, 2011 7:01 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America