Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Common Outdoor Spiders: Know Them, Love Them: Re: My spider with the happy face

Communities > Forums > Article: Common Outdoor Spiders: Know Them, Love Them
bookmark
Forum: Article: Common Outdoor Spiders: Know Them, Love ThemReplies: 3, Views: 116
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Britta1000
Santa Fe, NM

September 23, 2008
5:45 PM

Post #5589490

I have a spider perfectly located in a web under my eave. She is obviously pregnant and slightly orange with the most wonderful 'happy face'. I have tried to identify her but have had no luck so far. If anyone has an idea of her type, that would be great!
Britta

Thumbnail by Britta1000
Click the image for an enlarged view.

TexasTam
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 24, 2008
1:48 AM

Post #5591435

What a beautiful picture! Maybe she is of the "Have a Nice Day" species...lol!

Seriously, I'll poke around on buggguide.net and see if I can find anything. Kudos on a great photo of your gorgeous girl.
Leeney4
Calabasas, CA

November 3, 2008
4:29 PM

Post #5747440

She looks like one we have. I think she is an orb spider but others have also said it could be a potato spider. This is what mine looks like. Don't think yours is pregnant, that is their shape. Here is a photo of our friend...

Thumbnail by Leeney4

radiobushbaby
Albuquerque, NM

October 15, 2009
9:09 PM

Post #7172917

We have a huge one too. "She's" eating bees on the flowering ivy.

Thumbnail by radiobushbaby

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Common Outdoor Spiders: Know Them, Love Them Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Nice article kniphofia 7 Aug 2, 2010 5:42 PM
I know where Derek is coming from. LHicks 1 Mar 15, 2008 6:44 PM
Jumping spiders Machikoneko 5 Mar 4, 2011 1:15 PM
Spiders are AWESOME cluelessnTN 5 Aug 2, 2010 7:02 AM
Lovely spiders MelbaJ 0 Aug 2, 2010 4:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America