Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Passifloras: What is the BLUEST passion flower?

Communities > Forums > Passifloras
bookmark
Forum: PassiflorasReplies: 4, Views: 71
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
graceful_garden
Hahira, GA
(Zone 8b)

September 24, 2008
5:07 PM

Post #5593651

Am already planning for next year, & have been trying to decide what kind of flowering vine to use to cover a wall on my garden shed. Am thinking a blue & a white passion vine would look gorgeous! I have narrowed the white one down to either "White Wedding" or "Biflora" - unless anyone has a better choice! I know that the blue color is usually found on the filaments (? is that the right name?), but which is the bluest? So far, I've found "Sapphire" , but does anybody know of a better one?
It must be root hardy in zone 8. Thanks! Samantha
Oh, also, what should I put on the wall for it to climb on - I'd rather not have to do a wood trellis - could I do wires? The wall is covered with vinyl siding that looks like cedar shingles. Thanks!
PamelaQ
Navarre, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 25, 2008
7:38 PM

Post #5598841

http://www.katzkuntrykuttins.biz/passifloras.htm

Here are some for comparison that have 'blue' in some of their descriptions. Athough, most 'blues' really look purple to me. (Which that is pretty, too.)
Pam
graceful_garden
Hahira, GA
(Zone 8b)

September 25, 2008
8:19 PM

Post #5598954

Pamela - Thanks for the link - that's really helpful to see several on the same page! I definitely like "Clear Sky" !
I agree about most of the ones with blue petals look more purple, at least in the pictures! Samantha
PamelaQ
Navarre, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 26, 2008
12:07 PM

Post #5601256

You know, the more I looked at those pictures, I decided to order 2 of them myself. Can't beat the price, I guess. I ordered the 'Clear Sky' and 'Lady Margaret'. I'll have to think about where I'm going to put them, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.
graceful_garden
Hahira, GA
(Zone 8b)

September 26, 2008
2:12 PM

Post #5601637

HAHAHA!! That often happens to me, too! We may end up having to post on the "Someone stop me. I bought another plant today!!!" thread! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/885401/ Samantha

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Passifloras Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Is anyone having trouble keeping up with name tags? Tropicman 16 Jul 24, 2007 5:43 AM
Am I blue? Ginger_H 6 Aug 16, 2008 6:19 PM
First passiflora bloom PudgyMudpies 14 Feb 7, 2008 2:28 PM
Pics of your passies, please? AuntB 250 Jul 24, 2007 11:20 AM
Passiflora Amethystina gordo 14 Apr 6, 2007 10:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America