Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Bird Lovers, Wake Up and Smell the Shade Coffee!: Great Job!

Communities > Forums > Article: Bird Lovers, Wake Up and Smell the Shade Coffee!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Bird Lovers, Wake Up and Smell the Shade Coffee!Replies: 2, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

September 28, 2008
6:16 PM

Post #5609715

Marna, excellent presentation. Finally, a coffee article connected to gardening!

I'm a coffee drinker concerned with sustainability which in my mind covers everything from the labor pool, land use, birds... and all the way up the chain to us. Yes, it costs more to support those practices, but what choice do we have if we really care what happens on this lovely blue planet?

Thank You.

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2008
9:55 PM

Post #5610356

thanks Darius, it is indeed a complex subject. Many of the fair trade coffees are not organic or shade grown. It's difficult to do the right thing in all areas and sometimes you just have to pick your cause.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 29, 2008
3:06 AM

Post #5611467

Yes, thanks for this important information! I only drink one cup a day, but I will check into the "mountain grown" coffee I drink...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Bird Lovers, Wake Up and Smell the Shade Coffee! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great wake up article beclu727 2 Sep 28, 2008 2:43 PM
Excellent Article! pelletory 0 Sep 28, 2008 2:53 PM
Best Article So Far! nanny_56 0 Sep 28, 2008 4:52 PM
Thank you... Sundownr 1 Sep 28, 2008 9:52 PM
Interesting! marzissa 1 Sep 29, 2008 1:52 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America