Photo by Melody

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: Cafe' Coffs Harbour, your Australian experience.

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 230, Views: 1,203
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 4, 2008
4:02 AM

Post #5631502

Come one come all, to Cafe' Coffs Harbour while the Flowerpot cafe' is undergoing reno's.
Spend Labour weekend enjoying the sights and sound of a Garden on the sunny North East Coast of of N.S.W, in Australia.
We may even squeeze in a tour of some of the sights in Coffs Harbour! (weather and time permitting)

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 4, 2008
4:05 AM

Post #5631510

Hello! I always wanted to visit OZ! So Coffs Harbour sounds like great place to start.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 4, 2008
4:11 AM

Post #5631523

On arrival, You will be picked up in an Airconditioned vehicle, (100 degrees farenheit today) and driven 15km North of Coffs Harbour to a property of 2 & 1/2 acres close to the coast.
After a quick bite (cheese platter) and a glass of 'whatever you like', you can chillax around the pool, soaking up the sun...

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 4, 2008
4:13 AM

Post #5631526

or you can sit in the shade and read a book while the gentle breeze ruffles your hair
*ruffle, ruffle*

Thumbnail by weed_woman

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 4, 2008
4:19 AM

Post #5631541

Well, I think sitting in the shade and relaxing sounds great after the long flight. I am sure to feel right at home too because that table and chair set looks exactly like the one in my side yard. A nice wine cooler and some fruit anad cheese ... paradise!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 4, 2008
4:39 AM

Post #5631574

Well, just be careful on that chair! The whole set cost $50 and has lasted 5 years ($10 a year) but has now got quite a bit of rust, due to coastal living and a salt water pool!
I will be replacing it for xmas. (Hint, hint DH)
77sunset
Merino
Australia

October 4, 2008
4:56 AM

Post #5631606

I'm coming on the trip. Anywhere warm will suit me. I may sit awhile in the sun but then I would like to explore every nursery within reach. I'll bring an empty suitcase for the treasures I can find. (plant treasures , that is)A nice cuppa and maybe an ice cream sundae with nuts, no cream, thank you.
You will have your hands full Sue. I see half of DG arriving for the sunshine. Jean
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 4, 2008
6:44 AM

Post #5631736

You paid about the same as I did for that set, also about 5 years ago. But mine was on a sheltered patio until this year so it is still sturdy. Guess I better bring it to the dry porch for the rainy season to keep it nice.

I am looking forward to your showing us around your garden and seeing what you can show of us the area.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

October 4, 2008
2:05 PM

Post #5632317

ooo just in time for my vaction
what a surprize
i going to love to have my vaction here
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 4, 2008
8:32 PM

Post #5633311

Hi Sue, Yay, I'm here at last! Thanks so much for organising the flying doctors to bring me here! This is just what the doctor ordered, a nice rest and sunshine.
Wow! the pool looks so inviting in the heat Sue, it's beautiful the way it sparkles.
Cant wait to have a propa look around, first I'll have a seat in the shade and cool off with something to drink. I'm loving it here already!!

Hi Jean, Zany and elle, nice to see you all here!
Jean, Where is Merino?, I don't see it on Sue's map, have you travelled a long way?

This message was edited Oct 4, 2008 9:49 PM
77sunset
Merino
Australia

October 4, 2008
9:36 PM

Post #5633480

Hello Terri and everyone else here at Sues. Merino is in the southwest of Victoria , about an hour from the south Aust. border. It was a very big merino sheep breeding area. Still sheep but also cattle and grain now. I had to travel via bus and train up tp Coff's Harbour but well worth the trip.
I'm enjoying this rest but the waiter is a bit slow with breakfast. I suppose that's to be expected with all the visitors arriving.
I bought a plate, Sue. Have to have nibbles.
I wonder what today's tour will be. Jean

Thumbnail by 77sunset

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

October 4, 2008
11:35 PM

Post #5633773

What an awsomet trip Sue! haven't read the whole thread yet but the pictures were nice! I bet your pool must be warm too.

I'm a little lost searching for the brom palace...

Steven
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 5, 2008
12:31 AM

Post #5633930

G'day Jean, G'day Steven,G'day Zany,G'day elle.
Jean, I don't think sue has any waiters, only hubby!!!! I've heard Bill makes a good barbie, so we might have one while we are here if we are lucky.

Sue said to make ourselves at home, I made a pot of tea for you Jean and a pot of coffee for the rest of us. if anyone wants to join us, we will be having our drinks at Brom Palace. Lets go and find it...

I think a bus load of holiday makers have arrived at the gate, Sue has gone to see who they are.

Thumbnail by terriculture

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 5, 2008
1:07 AM

Post #5634038

LOL Teri the ad says "Put another shrimp on the barbie" not "put another Barbie on the bus!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
3:37 AM

Post #5634516

O.K you lot, Sorry, I slept in a bit this morning, (we had daylight savings and had to put the clocks forward.
Who else was woken by the kookaburras at 5.52AM?
Why don't you all come to town with me and check out the markets?
Those who need to go, go before we leave please.
I've put a lovely arrangement in the bathroom to add a touch of class.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
3:39 AM

Post #5634523

Here we go, everyone in the bus.
Look at the honey eater in the garden on your way out!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
3:40 AM

Post #5634528

Check out one of Coffs HArbours round-a-bouts. They garden on all the traffic islands around here!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
3:43 AM

Post #5634533

Ok everyone, off the bus. This is the Vernon st markets, where you can buy plants, bric-a-brac, home grown vegetables and live chickens and turkeys!
I bought an antique singer sewing machine and a bird house, a brom and a flower arranging book. It pays to get here early!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
3:48 AM

Post #5634546

Lucky we've got room in the bus. Look at all the bric-a-brac and plants you guys bought!
Jeans got a couple of pots of Louisiana iris' and an Apricot Angel! Terri bought a huge bunch of Native Australian flowers to re-arrange, Zaney got a bargain with some lace, tie-dyed fabric and yarn, and Steven's been quite well behaved! He hasn't bought anything yet!
Lets go down to the Harbourside markets.
All Aboard!
(Terri, you can just hold on! theres facilities at the next one! You shouldn't have drunk so many coffees this morning!)
This si the homegrown market. NO IMPORTS ALLOWED!
There is a band playing and yummy food from around the world. What are you guy's going to have? I'm having the profiterole with Chantilly filling and chocolate sauce! Yummm.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
3:50 AM

Post #5634552

I better walk that off! Who want to walk down to the Marina? It's only a hop skip and Jump. Theres a souveneir shop there and the fish market.
Look at the lovely boats.
This is where you come when you want to go out Dolphin or Whale watching.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
3:50 AM

Post #5634554

Steven, do you want to stop here for a fish?
The pelican might steal your bait. If not him, then the sea gulls will get it!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
3:53 AM

Post #5634565

O.k, we didn't get too much to take back to the bus this time, but we all weigh a little more!
Lets stop at the Big Banana for the photo opportunity. No one will believe you came to Coffs Harbour if you don't have a photo of this! They have a water park now, an ice skating rink, an indoor snow slope, an Orchid and Brom nursery (which I have promised DH to stay our of for the moment) and an international motel fro those with high incomes! (I've never seen the inside of it myself!)

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
3:56 AM

Post #5634572

O.K everyone, we're back at base, so lets take our goodies inside, freshen up (gosh Terri, you look a bit worn out, go and have a little Nanny nap and catch up when the weather cools down a bit)
Feel free the rest of you, to wander about the garden, have a swim or a sleep. There'll be nibblies served by the pool in a short while.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
3:57 AM

Post #5634575

Here Terri, I'll show you to your room.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
3:58 AM

Post #5634580

Stroll through the garden if you like

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
3:59 AM

Post #5634585

Have a seat in the shade and listen to the birds and not much else. A great place to sit and read

This message was edited Oct 5, 2008 1:59 PM

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
4:01 AM

Post #5634594

From here you can sit and count the Dwarf Eastern Tree frogs that sit on the pots and plants in the pond. Don't worry about this Pelican Steven, its not real! No, the Sea gull isn't either.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
4:01 AM

Post #5634596

Well, I reckon iots high time we all got into the sparkling pool while I go rustle us up some nibblies!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
4:07 AM

Post #5634607

I have some more visitors arriving, so don't be upset if I can't get to you right away. Just sing out if you feel I'm not looking after you as well as I should! I might just go look in on Terri and make sure shes comfortable.
Go and check out the brom gardens if you like.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 5, 2008
4:14 AM

Post #5634625

What a great day we had. I think the best part was delicious foods at the homegrown market. But all that walking and heat has made my feet swell so I'm going to take a dip in that lovely swimming pool and chill out in the shade.

The lace I found is really going to look perfect on my grandaughter's bridesmaid gown. She is going to be the maid of honor at her best friends wedding and we have been looking for something special for weeks now. I think the tie dyed fabric is a hoot. It reminds me of the 60's and 70's. And this wool yarn is so beautifull! I can't tell you how fun this trip is for me!

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
4:18 AM

Post #5634639

I'm so glad you are having a good time Zany! I aim to please!
I put my new sewing machine and bird house on the front veranda. When Terri comes out to the balcony, won't she get a surprise?

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
4:21 AM

Post #5634646

I wish Traci was here, I know it's her birthday today, and she'd have had a ball!
Everyone send her a card if you can
http://davesgarden.com/members/pupilpropogtr/
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 5, 2008
5:17 AM

Post #5634734

That sewing machine is a great find. I have had my treadle machine since I was a little girl. It still works but I need to get a new leather for the belt.
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 5, 2008
6:02 AM

Post #5634835

Hellow Sue sorry I am late my flight was canceled it was a long wait for the next one glad to say here at last , thanks for the long cold drink . pleased to meet every one the good thing about daylight saveing a I have pleanty of time to enjoy your garden.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 5, 2008
7:29 AM

Post #5634876

sammut, it is nice to meet you.
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

October 5, 2008
9:29 AM

Post #5634927

well I would rather have been in Coffs Harbour this weekend than at work all day Sat.
It was Nor'West & 27C.
Today I was stewarding at dog club & it was drizzly & lucky if it hit 10C while I was standing out in the rain watching over Test C dogs doing their 10 minute down stay.
The handlers got to hide in the club house lucky things!
I remember stopping at the Big Banana on the way up to Brisbane from Sydney.
Love those Aussie icons - the Big Lawnmower, Pineapple, Cow...
NZ has giant fruit, & fish down South and a giant L&P bottle in Paeroa.
cheers - Dalfyre
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
11:50 AM

Post #5635068

Welcome sammut and Dalfyre, glad you could make it! Sorry about the delay with your flight Sammut and the day at work dalfyre! Never mind, come and chillax with the rest of the party and have a bit of pizza. Theres not alot left. Terri was feeling a bit better, obviously, because she ate most of the vegetarian pizza. Theres still a bit of pepperoni, supreme and BbQ Chicken left. Dig in or you'll miss out.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 5, 2008
11:53 AM

Post #5635071

The cheeses and snack platter never made it to the table I'm afraid! Everytime I heaqded for the door, one visitor or another would scoff the lot. I'm not naming names, but you know who you are! LOL
Oh, and by the way, Tyco here will try and get passed you as you go in and out of the door. Please try to keep him outside as Some visitors are allergic to cats. (thanks)

Thumbnail by weed_woman

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 5, 2008
1:03 PM

Post #5635231

Hi everyone, nice to meet you Sammut and Dalfyre.
Ohhhhhh I had such a lovely day. Thanks for looking after us so well Sue.
My room is so pleasant and comfortable I had a great sleep, didn't hear the Kookabarras (what ever they are)! Our trip around Coffs harbour was great, enjoyed everything, even the roundabouts look cool!
The orchids look lovely in the bathroom by the way!
I thought the markets were great too, I can't believe I only bought a bunch of flowers!!!
I did managed to get something else from the tourist shop down at the Marina.(show you later). Sue your sewing machine looks great, how come you spotted that? you always get the good stuff!! The veggie pizza was nice, Thanks for remembering!!
It's just great to chillax around here.I was going to have a play in the garden kitchen area where you keep all your lovely artifacts . Leo is sitting right in the middle and looking at me as if to say... no way lady I'm not movin'!!!
Is it ok if I borrow your boots please Sue?, might go for a walkabout!!!!!!!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 5, 2008
1:06 PM

Post #5635241

AAAAAaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh help!

there's a huge spider on your boots Sue!! quick take a picture to show them all or they won't believe me when I tell them how big it was.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 5, 2008
1:30 PM

Post #5635301

Did I tell you I saw Chrissy at the Big Banana? she said she might pop round later.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 5, 2008
7:05 PM

Post #5636360

Did Hubby enjoy the beers I brought for him? I found a couple of empties when I was Stargazing last night.

Where are the motorbikes????

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 5, 2008
7:30 PM

Post #5636415

Have you got any profiteroles left? they were yummy.
Sorry to keep disturbing you Sue!!!
Where is everyone?
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 5, 2008
7:35 PM

Post #5636428

I'm out here drooling over all the Broms. I can't think of anyplace I'd rather be right now. Come on out and stroll the grounds with me if you are feeling up to it.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 5, 2008
8:18 PM

Post #5636512

Hi Zany, didn't see you there, I'ts so easy to get lost in these 21/2 acres!
Look at that lovely foxglove on the corner, do you think it seeded itself?

What are you going to make with your tie dye fabric? maybe Sue will let you use her new sewing machine to whip up some creations to take home!!

I haven't seen any Kangaroos yet, have you?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 5, 2008
8:48 PM

Post #5636589

Funny Jean isn't here, she's normally first up! Must be having a lay in after all the walking yesterday.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 5, 2008
8:57 PM

Post #5636626

Love it here!!
The sugar cane mulch looks superb, really sets the flower beds off, don't you think??
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 5, 2008
9:37 PM

Post #5636700

Well, I really wish I could have visited while up at the cabin, but there is not cyber up there and no transportation. Looks like you have had a great couple of days, but now that I am here I want some real action, so where do we go next, the outer banks.

I loved the pool, just what I needed after the cabin some warmth and sittin round just chillaxin. Whatever you do next, I may just wait here at the ranch for you as I have acouple of days of catchin up to do.

Nice to meet all the new folks here and will be catching up with everyone soon.
77sunset
Merino
Australia

October 5, 2008
9:57 PM

Post #5636758

I'm here. Just lazing and loving it. It's been so nice to be driven around, but how am I going to get all my plants back home ?
I may need a special bus. I couldn't help myself, there were so many bargains. Sue , your home is beautiful and so large. I may just sit here all day.
I did enjoy the markets . So many things to buy. I'm so glad we were all able to buy so many pretty things.
I'll get up and help with things if someone will lift this big cuddly pussy cat off my knees. I did enjoy playing with the dogs. They are very energetic. I must have lost the pounds gained from the cakes and other yummy food.
I had better start moving as I must open the Tea Rooms for those that could not get up here. By the time I unload all my bargains at home, I will need another holiday.
So nice to meet everyone and I hope you will pop in to see my garden anytime you are passing. Hubby rand to say it's raining so I may just stay a little longer in the sun.
Here is a little something for our gracious hostess. Thank you so much Sue. It has been very enjoyable. Jean

Thumbnail by 77sunset

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

October 5, 2008
9:59 PM

Post #5636766

Sorry I couldn't make up there everyone ...I had too many visitors here for the long weekend ...but I have sure enjoyed the pics of your great Coff's Harbour ...I have always thought it beats the Gold Coast hands down ...oh Sue your place looks fantastic! you have been working so hard ...congratulations ...are you thinking of opening a bed and breakfast for gardeners? I am sure it would be a real winner. You could flog them home made pickles chutneys and jams as well as some plants ...you could give lessons on various garden projects and then take them on various outings around the place.
Hi everyone up there ...wow aren't you lucky to have enjoyed Sue's hospitality ...what did you enjoy the most? where is Jean did she get lost???? ...or is she down the road at a Nursery? tell her I said hello when she turns up.
Well I will catch up later I have people arriving soon so I had better be off ...enjoy your trip home everyone!
Sue it's a great place!
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 5, 2008
10:04 PM

Post #5636782

morning everyone gee its starting to to warm up all ready looks like its going to be a nother nice day glad I have my hat and sun screen
with me .

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

October 5, 2008
10:06 PM

Post #5636785

Oh there you are Jean ...ha ha ha I guess the place is so big we missed you over there ...I thought you might be hiding after what happened at the grand final last night ...ummmm if it makes you feel any better there are a heck of a lot of sore heads in NSW today ... hurry home to the tea shop there were peopleout the front in the rain this morning.
Happy journey home.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 5, 2008
10:11 PM

Post #5636807

Oh Sue this is such a welcome relief from the chills back home. You are so hospitable to have all of us over for a holiday season, think I'll kick back and stay a few months, if you have the room, I won't be a problem ( I hope LOL) - Once the cafe is back up and running from the renovations, I'll pop back over there.

The pool is such a welcome site, all the pools back home are covered and waiting for the ice storms!

Jean I don't know what that is , but it is a lovely specimen? So nice to see gardens just coming to life when mine are going dormant for months to come.

Zany, please do come out of the sugar cane fields, it is no place to be in the evening, those roos may get you and you would look really silly in their pouch?

Now, just sighing and relaxin with a beer by the broms - thanks for the invite!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 5, 2008
10:50 PM

Post #5636931

Oh Jean, don't leave us yet!! We are staying until Tuesday or Wednesday (at least) thats when our renos will be done.

Hi Chrissy, sammut and Candee, lovely day isn't it? So glad you all came to Sue's it's been outta this world!!

Steady on the beer Candee, it's only early morning over here. we haven't had breakfast yet!!
77sunset
Merino
Australia

October 5, 2008
11:09 PM

Post #5636984

Okay Terri. I'm staying an extra day. Hubby says it's freezing and wet there.
The pretty gift for Sue is a Velthelmia. Have I got the spelling right Sue ? I hope you don't mind us staying a bit longer but it is so warm here and I still haven't explored all your little corners yet.
I see Chrissy over there. I'll go and chat. I wonder where Lesley is. I'm sure she was coming.
I just had to buy these when I was out as I thought Sue had done a lot of cooking, so enjoy these meringue cookies while they last.
I think it;s time to get up and have a bit of a walk around the neighborhood to see what the gardens are like. . Anyone else felling energetic ?

Thumbnail by 77sunset

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 5, 2008
11:19 PM

Post #5637012

Hey I got here late, so give me a break Terri! Lotta catchin up to do, matter of fact think I'll have one more before breakfast and have one of those merinques to chase it with!!!
I'll chill in an hour or so and take a rest for the evening, you know how difficult travel can be even when it is cyber travel, must admit the bus trip was quite comfy and I had plenty of room to spread out and stretch my legs.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 5, 2008
11:24 PM

Post #5637026

Hi everyone. You missed the fun out there in the canes. Riding around in a Kangaroo pouch is fun so long as you stay put and don't fall out when they jump about. And who knew that those adoreable Koalas had such long claws! One of them slashed out at me... that is what woke me up from my dream... It seems I fell asleep among the Broms. It was a fun dream though ;~)
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 5, 2008
11:32 PM

Post #5637047

Gotta try to "bear with us" and watch out even when sleeping Zany. So glad you woke up safe and sound. Koalas ? Perhaps we need to ask Sue how to trim those nasty nails.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 5, 2008
11:50 PM

Post #5637108

Yay! Great Jean, you're staying longer. We don't have to rush as much to try and see everything, we can take our time. Sounds like dreadful weather you've left hubby with. LoL!
Those meringue look delicious, good thinking, buying those for snacks. I'll have one with a coffee
when we get back. Ok then lets go and check out the 'hood'...
Anyone else fancy a stroll? We may be gone quite a while, it's too warm to walk fast!!
Sue might be up by the time we get back eh?!!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2008
12:05 AM

Post #5637171

Ooo, but I did buy something! I just hid it from the strange tourists who aren't in our group! I bought something at the flower show and another pizza cause by the time I caught up everyone had eaten the other ones! hahaha

Steven

heres what I got!

This message was edited Oct 5, 2008 7:06 PM

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 6, 2008
1:13 AM

Post #5637410

Hi i have had a long walk I dont think I missed any thing I must say this has been a great stay good company but I must start to get ready to go home a big hug to Sue and her Husband they really looked after us I hope to come again and see all of Coffs.
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 6, 2008
1:27 AM

Post #5637464

I have arrived home safe and sound thanks to all had a great time it was great to meet sw gardener -Terriculture-Haighr-Zanymuse-77 Sunset-Chrissy- I dont think I missed any one and Sue and her husband .Sorry you missed the visit Dalfryre
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 6, 2008
9:50 AM

Post #5638358

Gosh, what a busy day chasing you all around and answering questions and stuff! Thanks for that lovely flower jean. I've not seen it before, so am not sure of the spelling. It is lovely!
This morning, those that are up early came with me to water at my neighbours while they are away in Europe for 7 weeks. Candee was up, but was sitting by the pool downing Bills beers and the merangues! You'll make yourself sick Candee!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 6, 2008
9:51 AM

Post #5638359

That spider was back on my boots Terri! I think this time instead of letting him go, I might spray him with the pesticide!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 6, 2008
9:52 AM

Post #5638363

There's plenty of Roos around for those who want to get some nice photos. they stand pretty still, but don't get too close, as they are protective of their Joeys (baby Kangaroos)

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 6, 2008
9:55 AM

Post #5638365

Candee, I think maybe you should get off the Banana lounge and go and sit in the shade. There is a nice breeze blowing through the Gazebo, and you can admire some more broms and Clivia flowers there.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 6, 2008
9:58 AM

Post #5638369

I think if you look close, you'll see Zany in there, laying amongst the broms, dreaming pleasant dreams no doubt!
Don't the Iris's in the garden look special today? It must of been that drop of rain we had last night. It's still abit overcast, but at least we can walk around in shorts and shirts! Its so mild!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 6, 2008
10:00 AM

Post #5638375

For lunch today, we are going to have fresh bread rolls, with your choice of turkey, Ham and lots of salads! I think we will all squeeze into Brom Palace for lunch. Some of you might have to sit on the floor, and we'll keep the seats for the older bunch eh?

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 6, 2008
10:08 AM

Post #5638382

I'm Glad sammut made it home ok. Also that Chrissy was able to drop by for a quick visit. She probly has the least distance to travel out of all of you, so it's not such a big fuss to drop by.
I've got to take the dogs down to Emerald Beach, because they are champing at the bit! Anyone up for a walk and a swim?
All aboard the Barbie bus! (No Steven, please leave that lovely orchid at home, it will be ok!) (*pstt, DH, Hide that orchid in my shade house*)

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 6, 2008
10:09 AM

Post #5638383

This is the best place to go in for a dip, and those that feel energetic(not me) can go for a walk up on the headland. I don't think there are any whales about at the moment, but you might spot a dolphin or two playing in the surf.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 6, 2008
10:13 AM

Post #5638388

Back on the bus all. It's time for the afternoon siesta and garden stroll. Our visitors from Sydney are making a baked chicken dinner tonight, with lots of baked veges for Terri.
I'm going to sit on the front veranda in the shade and admire the flower garden

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 6, 2008
10:16 AM

Post #5638390

If you need some parsley, Cabbage, mint, lettuce, garlic, Leek, coriander, Kaffir lime leaves, or Nasturtian flowers, check out the vege patch

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 6, 2008
10:17 AM

Post #5638391

Zany, get out of the Brom garden! Theres lots of other parts you haven't even seen yet!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 6, 2008
10:18 AM

Post #5638393

Candees finally finished all the Beer, (and Bill is not happy) and is now staggering around in the shadehouse. I hope she doesn't knock anything over.
We'd better get that dinner dished up so we can get her off to bed!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 6, 2008
10:21 AM

Post #5638399

ok everyone, pull up a chair and eat your dinner while its still hot!
I don't think I'll be up for long! I have a four hour job in the morning, but you guests just make yourself at home while I'm gone, and I'll see you for lunch.
There is milk and eggs in the fridge, coffe and tea by the jug and cereal and bread in the pantry. Feel free to do whatever takes your fancy. Maybe Steven can drive the bus into town for a spot of souveneir shopping. What, you can't find your orchid Steven? Wow, I wonder where that could have gone? *shh Candee, you did not see it in the shade house!*

Thumbnail by weed_woman

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 6, 2008
11:34 AM

Post #5638501

Hi Sue, I'm having a wonderful time! It was fun watering your neighbours garden, but it's not a patch on yours!! The Iris are beautiful today.
Love it in the gazebo, it's so pretty with all the coloured lights around it.
I'm coming to work with you! we can get the job done in half the time ok? Don't forget to wake me up!! Thanks for dinner, my baked veggies were really tastey and I had such a great day.

It was lovely meeting your Aussie mates, shame they had to leave so soon!

When Jean and I went for walkabout we talked about doing some sketching or painting.
Good job I brought my watercolours and sketch books. The landscape around here is wonderful. Jean has done some beautiful work, maybe she will show you!!

There's always one! Are you feeling ok Candee, a bit too much sun perhaps?!!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 6, 2008
11:36 AM

Post #5638505

I wasn't staggering round, just trying to take it all in and got my head to spinning, still can't believe I am here. Wow, not to mention my full belly, can't tell you when I have eaten so much. I made myself a turkey club sandwich for brunch and sat there in the gazebo admiring all your hard labors. Then I found Zany in the broms and bribed here with a hand dipped ice cream that I found in the freezer and we headed over to the veggie garden. I picked a few bananas and Zany and I then went back to the freezer, made a couple of banana splits and relaxed in the shade house for a new hours until dinner.
That baked chicken was the best, Terri did you eat all the veggies I never saw them come out of the summer kitchen, matter of fact I never saw you come out of the kitchen, hum? Makes me wonder down under?
Sorry missed the bus to the beach and town, but since I arrived late I wanted to stay here at the ranch and check things out.
Steven is staying in that guest room with a view of the palms, so I think I'll stay in the one just opposite the brom palace, it has a better view in my mind, all those colors just outside my patio door.
Whew, speaking of which, believe I'll just lie down a few minutes and dream of tomorrow.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 6, 2008
12:26 PM

Post #5638600

Here's a few more beers for BILL! He's been so good putting up with our endless chattering about flowers. Thanks for having us, will we be going on bike rides?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 6, 2008
12:43 PM

Post #5638662

psst Candee, are you still awake?
Lets go and have a midnight feast and play some pool in the rec room!!!!!!
Don't they go to bed early around here? LoL!!

guess what? I found some raisin toast ha!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 6, 2008
1:58 PM

Post #5638899

Love that chair Sue made, is that 'mind your own bussiness' growing in it?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 6, 2008
3:39 PM

Post #5639322

Look what I found in the souveneir shop. The sign said...

' Hats for Sheilas'

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 6, 2008
4:39 PM

Post #5639538

Good day all! I just know you thought I was lazing in bed late but I got up really early and have been for a lovely hike. I am just amazed at all the lovely scenery here. I met a lovely gentleman down the road who gave me a tour of his garden and his wife made up a big picture of a fruity rum drink that was delicious. He also demonstrated the didgeridoo. That is so cool!

Sorry I missed the beach but it looks like you all and the dogs had fun. I wish I could have brought Pyxle. She loves a good romp and chasing around with other dogs.

Now is there anything I can do to help out? Here, let me help wash up those dishes.
Oh, I bought an inflatable matress while I was out. I want to try sleeping under the stars tonight and listening to the night sounds. They are so different from the sounds at home.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

October 6, 2008
8:11 PM

Post #5640158

If you sleep outside you can look up at the southern cross! ...yes the night sounds are interesting ...but watch out for the night life ...I hope you don't mind spiders and snakes. The odd wombat might wander by ...and don't be scared if you hear a strange sort of grunting noise ...that will just be a male Koala looking for some female friend.Have fun!
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

October 6, 2008
9:14 PM

Post #5640367

Just warn the overseas visitors about "Drop Bears"...
hate for anyone to be devoured by the Killer cousin of the cuddly Koala;)
Here in ChCh it is damp & cool again - the ducks are wearing gumboots - they don't want to catch cold.
I used to feed them when I worked in town - a bit of bread by the river bank, very peaceful lunch breaks.
Had to stop as the C.D's were getting bolder, and being short in stature I thought they might see me as a better snack than bread.
(C.D = carniverous duck)
My dogs are envious of the trip to the beach, Chita loves to swim, in the water she becomes a crocodal.
(or is she a dalligator?)
Her sooky son only likes to go in up to his elbows.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

77sunset
Merino
Australia

October 6, 2008
9:39 PM

Post #5640449

Good morning everyone. I have been packing my bags as i really must leave. i don't know when I have had such a fantastic time with so many lovely people.
It has been great fun to tour around and see everything plus the joy of Sue's beautiful house and garden.
Truly a memorable experience. I have so many photos to remind me of this trip.
I managed to fit in everything I bought and am really glad I hired this vehicle to go home in as I would never have fitted on the bus and train.
Hubby will have a fit at the expense but I'll sell a few plants at the market to pay for it . Besides, I did buy him a very nice shirt plus that lovely bottle of wine some ladies wanted to open. (Zany I think was the main culprit )
I think I need to get home away from all the delicious food. I will have to run around the garden for a few days to shed the pounds I'm sure I've put on. Thank you for the company on our walk Terri and the compliments on my painting. I have had a rest from it during winter but must get back to it as I now have heaps more ideas floating in my head from all the places we have seen here. I did bring a few prints up in case someone wanted a souvenir of Australia that was not from the shops. Here's one for Sue as our gracious and non complaining hostess.
thank you sue

Thumbnail by 77sunset

77sunset
Merino
Australia

October 6, 2008
9:42 PM

Post #5640460

Sue has her Kookaburras so everyone else can take a print from the box on the corner table over there. I didn't see any of these here but they are around my house in spring. Gang Gang Cockatoos
It was so nice to meet you all. I hope we can do this again one day. Jean

Thumbnail by 77sunset

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 6, 2008
11:25 PM

Post #5640794

Well I will surely take those cockatoos home with me they are gorgeous. Sorry I am so tired but had to take the cyber surfboard home for a bit to pull in the rest of my tropicals as they were calling for scattered frost this evening and could not lose my passis and vignas!
But now that I have done that and returned to aussi land I need to chill, no drinkin tonight want to repay sue for her hospitality and repay here for that one chair I did tip over in the shade room, don't think there was any damage, but time will tell.
Zany I love sleepin under the stars, why don't you put your matty on my pattio and we can star at the stars and I will protect you from those dastardly "drop bears". We have bears back home but they sneak up on you from behind, not overhead!
I can chill out tonight and have nothing to take home but fond memories and there are many. I have more tropicals than I can handle and am gonna be tripin over them at home when I return, but have loved enjoying those of Sues that can stay out all season.
Do wish I could contribute more, can I run and get somethin from the store or make a hot toddy for you Sue? Any last request I would be priviledged to honor thanks to your hospitality!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 6, 2008
11:32 PM

Post #5640828

Spiders and snakes...hmmm well I still think I'll give it a go. It ought to be interesting and I never let the rattlers or the tarantulas and scorpions scare me off when camping so hopefully your Aussie critters will share the night with me too.

Cockatoos! LOL the only ones I have ever seen were pets!

77sunset, Thanks for the prints.

It was a lot of fun but I have to fly out early in the morning. My poor Hubby is getting lonesome and I have got to get back to work before the boss realizes that I'm gone. (I put an inflatable doll at my desk but they are bound to realize it isn't me because it is too quiet)

weed_woman, in case I don't see you in the morning, I want to thank you for your wonderful hospitality. I am leaving you a box of California wines and cheeses. I hope you enjoy them

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 6, 2008
11:33 PM

Post #5640829

Here are the cheeses...

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 6, 2008
11:47 PM

Post #5640907

zany, so sorry you have to go already, seems like I just saw you in the broms and then you were gone. Perhaps we can tell some stories tonight while waiting for the morn and your return to the real world. I need to head home soon as well as I really don't want to wear out my welcome. The cheese and wine is a fine gift and sure Sue will be thrilled to find it on the doorstep.
Now you be safe this eve and I will guard you out there on the terrace, I will stay inside and be the responsible one for once, enjoy it while it lasts, doesn't happen often! I am usually the one sleeping under the stars with the bears and critters at the cabin, you really have to come up there sometime as well.
I had a few minutes today and went to the bakery and picked up some biscuits, believe they are Arnott's Biscuits, hoping that Sue and Bill and all do enjoy and invite me back even though I was a bit of a trouble.

Thumbnail by haighr

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 7, 2008
1:06 AM

Post #5641264

Candee, the biscuits look scrumptous. Please come on out and sleep on the terrace with me. There is plenty of space and I really think you will enjoy the night critters as much as I do. I think part of the reason they never bother me is that they know I am just curios and don't mean them any harm plus the fact I am too busy satisfying that curiosity to show any fear.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 7, 2008
1:41 AM

Post #5641431

Hi everyone, will be sad to see you all go home! It's been great fun hanging out with you all.
Thank you Jean for the beautiful print, I will treasure it and frame it when I get home. Keep up the painting, you have great talent. Have a safe journey home with all your goodies. You're all welcome to the Flowerpot cafe anytime! It's not as elegant as your Tea rooms, it's more of a cafe/bar kind of place, but there's always a friendly face to welcome you. We are having renos done at the moment, but be sure to call in for the grand re-opening.

Gosh Zany, your gifts are perfect! I'm sure Sue and Bill will be happy with those.
I'm far tooooooo scared to sleep outside, especially with all the stories I've heard about the strange Critters,CD's,Wombats,snakes,Spiders,Drop Bears and all the rest!!!!!!!

I found Sue's guitar, anyone for a singalong?
What shall we sing? here we go...

' Tie me Kangaroo down ... no no not that one!

' I come from a land down under.. Yeah... no no not that one!

'I should be so Lucky! Lucky Lucky Lucky no no not that one!

Wish Chrissy was still here she knows all the great music and loads of songs!!!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 7, 2008
2:28 AM

Post #5641637

A sing along would be great fun...if I could sing! I'm afraid the wild life would protest if I tried to sing anything these days. But you all go ahead and I'll tap my feet and keep time to the music.

Here's a songs couple I found listed on the net as folk songs from Oz

Cyprus Brig

Poor Tom Brown from Nottingham Jack Williams and poor Joe
They were three gallant poacher boys their country well does know
And by the laws of the Game Act that you may understand
Were fourteen years transported boys unto Van Diemen's Land

When we landed in this colony to different masters went
For little trifling offences boys to Hobart Town gaol were sent
Now the second sentence we received and ordered for to be
Sent to Macquarie Harbour that place of tyranny

Down Hobart Town streets we were guarded on the Cyprus Brig conveyed
Our topsails they were hoisted boys our anchor it was weighed
The wind it blew a nor nor west and on we steered straight way
Till we brought her to an anchorage in a place called Research Bay

Now confined in a dismal hole those lads contrived a plan
To take possession of that brig or else die every man
The plan it being approved upon we all retired to rest
And early next morning boys we put them to the test

Up steps bold Jack Muldemon his comrades three more
We soon disarmed the sentry and left him in his gore
Liberty Oh Liberty it's Liberty we crave
Deliver up your arms my boys or the sea shall be your grave

First we landed the soldiers the captain and his crew
We gave three cheers for Liberty and soon bid them adieu
William Swallows he was chosen our commander for to be
We gave three cheers for Liberty and boldly put to sea

Play on your golden trumpets boys and sound your cheerful notes
The Cyprus Brig's on the ocean boys by justice does she float

Click go the Shears

Out on the board the old shearer stands
Grasping his shears in his long bony hands
Fixed is his gaze on a bare-bellied "joe"
Glory if he gets her, won't he make the ringer go

Chorus
Click go the shears boys, click, click, click
Wide is his blow and his hands move quick
The ringer looks around and is beaten by a blow
And curses the old snagger with the blue-bellied "joe"

In the middle of the floor in his cane-bottomed chair
Is the boss of the board, with eyes everywhere
Notes well each fleece as it comes to the screen
Paying strict attention if it's taken off clean

The colonial-experience man he is there, of course
With his shiny leggin's just got off his horse
Casting round his eye like a real connoisseur
Whistling the old tune "I'm the Perfect Lure"

The tar-boy is there awaiting in demand
With his blackened tar-pot and his tarry hand
Sees one old sheep with a cut upon its back
Here's what he's waiting for "Tar here Jack!"

Shearing is all over and we've all got our cheques
Roll up your swag for we're off on the tracks
The first pub we come to it's there we'll have a spree
And everyone that comes along it's, "Come and drink with me!"

Down by the bar the old shearer stands
Grasping his glass in his thin bony hands
Fixed is his gaze on a green-painted keg
Glory he'll get down on it ere he stirs a peg

There we leave him standing, shouting for all hands
Whilst all around him every shouter stands
His eyes are on the cask which is now lowering fast
He works hard he drinks hard and goes to hell at last

You take off the belly-wool clean out the crutch
Go up the neck for the rules they are such
You clean round the horns first shoulder go down
One blow up the back and you then turn around

Click, click, that's how the shears go
Click, click, so awfully quick
You pull out a sheep he'll give a kick
And still hear your shears going click, click, click

Stringybark Creek

A sergeant and three constables set out from Mansfield town
Near the end of last October for to hunt the Kellys down;
They started for the Wombat hills and thought it quite a lark
When they camped upon the borders of a creek called Stringybark.

They had grub and ammunition there to last them many a week,
And next morning two of them rode out, all to explore the creek,
Leaving McIntyre, behind them at the camp to cook the grub
And Lonergan to sweep the floor and boss the washing tub.

It was shortly after breakfast Mac thought he heard a noise
So gun in hand he sallied out to try to find the cause,
But he never saw the Kellys planted safe behind a log
So he sauntered back to smoke and yarn and wire into the grog.

But Ned Kelly and his comrades thought they'd like a nearer look
For being short of grub they wished to interview the cook;
And of firearms and cartridges they found they had too few,
So they longed to grab the pistols and the ammunition too.

Both the troopers at a stump alone they were well pleased to see
Watching as the billies boiled to make their pints of tea;
There they joked and chatted gaily never thinking of alarms
Till they heard the fearful cry behind, 'Bail up, throw up your arms

The traps they started wildly and Mac then firmly stood
While Lonergan made tracks to try and gain the wood,
Reaching round for his revolver but, before he touched the stock
Ned Kelly pulled the trigger and he dropped him like a rock.

Then after searching McIntyre all through the camp they went
And cleared the guns and cartridges and pistols from the tent,
But brave Kelly muttered sadly as he loaded up his guns,
"Oh, what a pity that the tried to run."

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 7, 2008
2:39 AM

Post #5641669

What are the chords for that one? LOL!!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 7, 2008
2:55 AM

Post #5641718

Cyprus Brig

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 7, 2008
2:56 AM

Post #5641723

click go the shears

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 7, 2008
3:00 AM

Post #5641746

Stringybark Creek doesn't show the music :~P

but here is another one

Look Out Below

A young man left his native town
Through trade being slack at home
To seek his fortune in this land
He crossed the briny foam

And when he came to the Lachlan
His heart was in a glow
To hear the sound of the windlasses
And the cry 'Look out below'

Wherever he turned his wandering eyes
Strange sights he did behold
Of full and plenty in the land
And the magic power of gold

He says now I am young and strong
And a digging I will go
For I like the sound of windlasses

So now he's settled down again
With a charming little wife
He says there's nothing can compare
To a jolly digger's life

Ask him if he'll go home again
And he'll quickly answer no
For he likes the sound of windlasses

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 7, 2008
3:02 AM

Post #5641749

There a lot of them at this site http://folkstream.com/songs.html
Some show the music and lyrics and some have midi's to listen to.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 7, 2008
3:10 AM

Post #5641782

Hahahahaha nice one Zany!

Oh did I tell you? I can't read music!!!!!!!
I've got to crash out now, anyone else want to play?

Sue will be waking me up for work soon. G'day and G'night.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 7, 2008
7:16 AM

Post #5642273

See you Jean! Thanks so much for coming and thank you for the goodies! How lucky are we? Beer, chocolates, cheeses and wine! I feel a bout of gout coming on! LOL
Wow Terri, you left the pool room in such a good condition after your late night! I don't know how you played pool with DH's stuff still on the table!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 7, 2008
7:16 AM

Post #5642276

Someone left their shirt behind though! Could it be Candee's?

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 7, 2008
7:20 AM

Post #5642283

Zany, you looked so comfy sleeping out in the back yard. I hope the dogs didn't wake you! Have a great trip home, and you too Candee. Get those tropicals in and safe before the cold gets them!
terri, I'm so glad you came to work with me. Susnas hedge looks great, and it gave me time to get in and prune and deadhead the roses.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 7, 2008
7:22 AM

Post #5642286

Also lucky that you were there when Ralph called and said he had people viewing his house tomorrow, as it's for sale, so he wanted the yard tidied. It was good of you to weed and water the flower beds while I mowed the lawns! Thanks so much!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 7, 2008
7:26 AM

Post #5642290

You ladies were all a great help in the kitchen last night! I really appreciate the effort you all made to make everyones trip a good one. I haven't seen Steven all day though, maybe he's still looking for the Orchid. *chuckle, chuckle*
Candee, you were no trouble at all, just a bit tipsy at times, but hey, I'm quite jealous!
Terri, for all your help, I'm going to take you for a motorbike ride! You can take the Triumph (being british)

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 7, 2008
7:27 AM

Post #5642291

And I'll take the Velocette!
I'll have to get hubby to get them out of the pool room for us.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 7, 2008
7:28 AM

Post #5642292

If steven ever shows his head, he can take the mini Ducati for a spin!
Beep, beep!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 7, 2008
7:32 AM

Post #5642294

Tonight is a make your own dinner night, as there is still so much food in the fridge. theres a bit of pizza, some cheeses and dips and pickled things, along with leftover baked chicken that would make yummy sandwhiches. Theres always salad veges in the garden too, so dig in, don't be shy!
I'm going to take one more stroll in the garden before it gets dark, then Have a shower, and then pick up my guitar and have a go of some of those songs that Zany dug up. I also know how to play waltzing matilda if you want to sing along. (I am not going to write out the words though, Zany! That must have taken you ages, or did you cut and paste?)
C'mon, eat up!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 7, 2008
8:26 AM

Post #5642319

The Barbie Bus got me home safe and sound at the speed of light. I slept soundly out in the yard and the dogs were wonderful company. The sounds of the animals were quite interesting although I couldn't say what half of them were. But they melded together into a lovely dream and made the night one of the best I have had in years.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say a proper goodbye but I didn't dare wait for the next departure time. Thanks again for your wonderful hospitality!

edited for typo.

This message was edited Oct 7, 2008 1:26 AM
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 7, 2008
11:37 AM

Post #5642520

Oh dear Zany, I came out to wake you up this morn and thought the dingos had taken you! So glad to know you just got an early bus. I was sleeping so sound with the patio door and windows open, I didn't hear a thing, so figured you must have gone with them willingly.
Dinner was scrumptious, I grabbed mine while you were taking your late evening stroll. I bet you slept sound yourself Sue after all the work you and Terri accomplished and then the bike rides. That fresh air blowing in my face always tired me but in such a refreshing way.
Ah, yes that is my shirt down at the bar, but I was wearing a tank under it and just got overheated as I was so excited to win at pool again, been so many years that I could see well enough to shoot and it was quite easy to beat Terri at 8-ball, cause she really didn't know the rules!
Stringybark Creek - now I sure wish I had heard you guys singin that one, the lyrics are my favorite. I have been know to belt out a few tunes, but must tell you that it is more piercing than those dog calls! You can be glad I had worn myself out.
Now believe I am going to take a morning stroll around your entire palatial grounds Sue. You and Bill have been the most generous hosts and I cannot thank you enough. I will just continue my stroll down to the beach as that is where the cyber bus is picking me up, so if you find another shirt down there later it is mine as I may be taking a dip while waiting for the bus to arrive. Thanks and will see you back at the cafe and look forward to coming to your wonderful neck of the woods again perhaps next year, if I get an invitation? It was splendid to spend time with all of you and to meet and make new friends, what a wonderful journey! Goodaye mates!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 7, 2008
1:07 PM

Post #5642711

Wow, this is all so wonderful here. Thanks for the invite. Whoohoo! I hardly know where to start so I'll just close my eyes and spin and head in whichever direction I'm facing. Here goes... oh crap, I'm too old for this... opening eyes now, there's a really big spider, think I'll slap a saddle on it and head for the beach. Anybody want fish for dinner?

Sue, you certainly have a beautiful home, wonderful blooms everywhere, and the feel of the place is very upbeat. Thank you for being such a gracious hostess.
And I love that chair.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 7, 2008
10:13 PM

Post #5644418

Hey plantgeek88 sorry I missed you - we musta crossed cyber paths as I just left this morn. You will have a great time on your vacation at Sue and Bills, just stay away from the bar, I got a bit lightheaded and almost missed an entire afternoon of fun in the sun!
Be sure to spend some time gazing from the gazebo and if you can spend a night sleep out under the stars, the critters sound bad but they are just as gracious as Sue and won't bother you if you are a friend to them.
Enjoy!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 7, 2008
10:24 PM

Post #5644454

Haighr,sounds lovely sleeping under stars, listening to critters and not radios. I'm sure never before heard sounds would produce interesting dreams.
I'll avoid the motorcycles too, they would only get me into trouble. Besides, I have a giant spider for transportation- the perfect way to get out of traffics jams, either crawl over or swing around on threads.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 8, 2008
1:00 AM

Post #5645045

Never thought of spider travel, but sounds challenging, I would probably get my feet caught in the spokes!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 8, 2008
1:34 AM

Post #5645162

Hi all, welcome to Sue's Plantgeek88! would you like some chips with your fish?
Bye to everyone, missing you already.

Had another exciting day here in paradise, Thanks Sue.
Really enjoyed going to work with you. I was so surprised to see Susans garden, the design was so formal, I thought we were back at Hampton Court!! Glad I was some help. although I did keep asking you if things were weeds or not.

Loved going on the bike and a big Thank you to Bill for letting me ride the Triumph.
Oh and I don't know what Candee's talking about!! I thrashed her 8-0 at pool. Who are you going to believe?!!!! LOL.

Well Sue, I stripped the beds and washed all the sheets, I didn't realise your pink dressing gown was in the machine, everythings pink now ..Sorry!
Don't worry about dinner tomorrow , lets go out to eat somewhere (my treat)

It's so peaceful today, are you going to get on with your homework for Horticulural college? I know you haven't had time to do any!!
I'm chillaxing by the pool, resting and reading a book. ahhhhh bliss!

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 8, 2008
5:21 AM

Post #5645874

Goodbye Zany, Candee and Hello Plantgeek, glad you could make it over.
Hi Terri, no time for homework today. I followed Plantgeek and Spider down to Emerald Beach and did 3 gardening jobs till 3pm then back to water at kerrys again. No sign of Plantgeek yet, must be getting plenty of bites (from fish, not spider) No doubt we'll have some fish to fry. Do you eat fish terri?
If not, we could go into coffs and find a restaurant somewhere. Most of them have a vegetarian dish or two on the menu.
I have to show you this house i drove past today. Plantgeek will have seen it too on the way to the beach.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 8, 2008
5:23 AM

Post #5645877

I got some veges while I was at kerrys. We can cook them up tomorrow for you Terri, to try and get you better.
There is Cabbage, Brocoli, Carrots, Broad Beans (yuk), Silverbeet (Chard), Celery, and all kinds of stuff

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 8, 2008
5:25 AM

Post #5645881

Also, there are peas, radish, round Beans and more Brocolli in this patch.
We'll be eating like kings! Kerry will be home in 2 weeks, but I don't know if any of this will be here when she gets home. Tomorow I'm going to schedule in an hours weeding and a lawn mow, so that it looks neat when they arrive. I might have to do the lawns once more though.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 8, 2008
5:26 AM

Post #5645882

Check out her flowering Cactus!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 8, 2008
5:30 AM

Post #5645890

Steven must have left without saying goodbye! Unless hes still looking for that orchid? Maybe I had better put it back and just play dumb when he finds it? it was pretty bad of me to try and keep it for myself. I thought he wouldn't be able to get it home anyway, due to quarantine laws, but if he's catching the cyber bus, he can skip all that rigamarole.
Well, stick around for as long as you like, I'll be around, but mostly in the evenings, as I have to work most days.
Help yourself to tea and cofee e.t.c, and feel free to request a viewing of any area of the garden.
Cheers
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 8, 2008
1:59 PM

Post #5646630

Ok folks, I have a heaping mess of fish to go with all the veggie goodies here. This should keep us stocked for days.But if y'all think not, this will give me an excuse to head back to the beach (not that I need one) And yes Terri, I would love some chips too, thank you.
Love that house Sue. Yes, I did see it along the way, had to pull Spider off to the side of the road to gaze at it for awhile (and let Spider eat her lunch. Feed her a badly dressed tourist once in awhile and she's good to go.)
Kerry's cactus is stunning! That's about the most beatiful one I've seen. Hat's off.

Hmmm... I may have to coax that roo for a ride. I knew I brought a pocketfull of sweet oats for a reason. So, I'll clean these fish first, let them slow roast, seasoned and wrapped in banana leaves in an earthen pit, then head out for a spin. Who know's, I may find some tropical fruit for dessert.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 8, 2008
2:40 PM

Post #5646783

Wait for me please plantgeek88! .I'll come to the beach with you.

Hang on a minute, I'll just get my hat ... although I did get some funny looks when I was wearing it the other day!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 8, 2008
2:45 PM

Post #5646803

Ready? lets go!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 8, 2008
3:02 PM

Post #5646878

Whoohoo! Hang on tight, this roo likes to go fast.
See, we're already there. lol
This is one awsome beach. Care to go snorkeling? I brought extra gear. Who know what wonderful things can be seen below the surface.
Love your funky hat by the way.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 8, 2008
3:10 PM

Post #5646910

Oh Thanks! Are you sure I don't look like a badly dressed tourist? LOL
Would love to go snorkeling, how thoughtful of you to bring extra gear.

Race ya to the sea?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 8, 2008
4:04 PM

Post #5647118

Nah, it's an ecclectic look.

Allright, on the count of three...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 8, 2008
10:28 PM

Post #5648527

AHhhhh you win! I'm exhaused, didn't realise the sea was so far out, it's taken ages!!
It's so beautiful here snorkeling, good idea if yours plantgeek88.
Maybe Sue will download/upload (whatever it is) my photos later if I ask her nicely!! Hope I got some good shots.

Think we should head back to Sue's now, it's getting late and I have to write a list (Sue asked what we would like to see in the garden). Don't know how I'm going to tell Sue that I don't eat fish either!!!!! Hope she doesn't think I'm being awkward or anything!! The gardens Sue works at all look so well maintained, obviously by Sue! she's a great gardener don't you think?
I can't believe Steven left without saying goodbye, it's just not like him. I'm sure he'll be back! The last time I saw him he was tearing down the coast road on the Ducati.

It's been fun today, Thanks plantggek88.
How are we getting back? Is Skippy still here?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 8, 2008
10:55 PM

Post #5648618

You bet he is. I didn't feed him all of the oats. hee, hee.

Hey, why don't we pick some daylilies on the way back, toss them into a salad. The yellow ones have a nice hint of sweet to them. And I'm sure there's some kind of wild fruit growing somewhere.

Sue is a fantastic gardener. Hats off to you Sue! You are the Brom Queen.

Yes, it has been a blast Terri. Let me know anytime you want to go to the beach.
Tommorrow, I will take Spider out for a spin around the back country, just to see what's there. You are welcome to come along. There might be giant fruit bats to make friends with. Now wouldn't that be a ride!
Wow, am I hungry. Swimming in the ocean works up an appetite. And that manta ray wore my scrawny butt out, the way it streamed and whipped us around all over the place.
Whoohoo!

And keep the hat. ;)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 8, 2008
11:29 PM

Post #5648745

Sounds good, I love salad, especially made with homegrown lettuce and tomatoes. Rabbit food for the pomme!!
some bread and cheese perhaps, Bobs your uncle.. no fuss, I'm quite easy to please really. LoL!
Sue makes fabulous puddings too.

I wonder if Sue is working tomorrow?, feel a bit guilty having fun and lazing around when she's hard at work in this heat!! Lets try and persuade her to play hookey and come to the back country with us!!!!!

I'd better go and have a quick shower, and get back into bed, the flying doctors are coming back to see me!
Obviously , I'm far too weak to go home yet .
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 8, 2008
11:52 PM

Post #5648832

Would you like an apple?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 9, 2008
12:58 AM

Post #5649045

Hi Sue, It's been another great day. missed you though mate! Hope you're not too tired to read my list of stuff I'd like to see in your garden?!! My fav bits are the garden play areas with all the interesting objects!
The kitchen
The bathroom
The lounge
The powder room
The bike shed
The barn
The bales of sugar cane mulch for sale at the gate, we don't see that in England.
I couldn't see your Blue Moon rose either! oh and more Palm trees and Grevilla! is it flowering?

WHAT was that Sue? your good looking brother is coming to visit? Oh heck! I'd better go and wash my hair and put some lippy on. LoL ...

sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 9, 2008
1:59 AM

Post #5649323

Hello to every one still at Sue's house sorry i had to leave so early bad luck I missed the bike shed great collection bikes my son rides a old Triumph .
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 9, 2008
10:49 AM

Post #5650155

Oohh, how lovely. Thank you Terri. Yummers! Crisp and sweet. Just what I needed. Ahh do declare little ole' me was feeling a touch of the vapors and thought ahh too would never make it home in mah state of weakness. lol

Your'e right, we should persuade Sue to play hookey. We could promise to help her with her work after we've been naughty.
Let's all run amuck and get tattoos. lol You too sammut. Welcome back by the way. Pleasure to meet you.
Whadaya say Sue? Wanna play?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 9, 2008
3:59 PM

Post #5651221

Finally getting a chance to develop some of my photos - loved the time spent at the Big Banana and the view from the skywalk was spectacular.

Thumbnail by haighr

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 9, 2008
5:15 PM

Post #5651468

That has a lot of "appeal". Sorry, couldn't help it. hee, hee
Glad you could get back with us haighr. Look forward to seeing all of your wonderful pics. I'd share some, but an emu swallowed my camera. I didn't want to follow it around for several days, had better things to do.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 9, 2008
7:39 PM

Post #5651971

G'day mates! What's happening down under today?

Sue was so knackered she fell asleep in front of the telly last night.

Sammut, nice to see you back mate. Bill's bike collection is very impressive, and I was so suprised he let me ride the Triumph!! She rides like a dream. Have you got any pictures of your son's Triumph?

Hey Candee, I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away from the place! Great photo mate. How's my Aussie accent coming along? I think I sound almost like a local now!! I think Sue looked at my list (she did ask what we wanted to see)!! but was to tired for all that work!! I was wondering, you're great with doing photo's and links... I remembered all those parts of the garden are in the 'flowers in the garden thread' back on the cut flowers forum.

Plantgeek88, G'day! Sue's got enough Tattoo's already! I'm too scared fo have tattoos mate, but I'll hold your hand while you get yours done if you like!!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 9, 2008
10:43 PM

Post #5652575

G'day y'all! Poor Sue was whooped last night, but raring to go to work this morning. Maybe we should just kidnap her. Make her have some fun. lol
Hey, there's always room for another tattoo. Thank's for the offer Terri, but please just hold the pain killer- close by that is. Hmm, what should the next one be? Something to commemorate the experience here- wonderful people, amazing creatures, beautiful flora... Better think on this a bit, let it cook and come back later.
If you want, we can get you a henna tattoo, painless and not permanent.

So, today I traded fruit with flying foxes for rides. It was spectacular! And I didn't throw up once. We were above the canopy and I saw all kinds of things growing there that I thought existed only in my imagination ( or a night of too much fun) just kidding on that last. I'm too danged old now.
Then, I collected seeds and edible tubers, went fishing-cooking them now, hope everyone's hungry- and there's still plenty of daylight left for more adventure. hint, hint, anyone, anyone...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 9, 2008
11:50 PM

Post #5652795

G'day Plantgeek88... Age is just a NUMBER!!!! I remember having a chat with Zany, I invited her Mum to the Flowerpot cafe' for tea once, her Mum told her she was too old to play make believe!!!!! but Zany didn't take any notice.
Have you heard of Pippylongstocking? she's my best friend and we travel the world together having great adventures, just like this one.

Why didn't I think of that? a henna tatto would be fab! I've never had one.
Ohhhhh PLEASE>... you're putting me off my lettuce with your talk of thowing up!

You won't be able to take those seeds home y'know, just try going through 'nothing to declare' and see what happens!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 10, 2008
12:24 AM

Post #5652942

Oh, I do enough declaring to get me through most situations. And don't think there will be any problem since I'll be riding Spider. I'll claim she is my green wheelchair, and if that doesn't work, well then, she will just eat the customs officer.
So there.
Sorry about the throwing up bit, I won't mention throwing up again. No sir, not another word about... uh oh... hee hee. I bet you thought I was going to write something vulgar about... gotcha
Ok, well after all that, I will spring for you henna tattoo. You can even design one yourself if you like. And when you grow tired of it, simply run down to the beach and let the ocean do it's thing. At least 4 or 5 times. lol

Ahh yes, Miss Pippy. Now that girl knows how to have a good time. When I was flying around today on the bats, I thought I saw a streak of red hair go by. Could have been her.

So what's everyone been up to today? What new things did anyone do or see?Hellooooo Sue.
Terri, if we don't hear from her soon, I think we are forced to do an intervention. It's for her own good.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 10, 2008
12:55 AM

Post #5653087

What? you saw a Kangaroo puke? YUK!! gotcha back!
Yes, Pippy's hair is just like mine, we are twins y'know.

Sue and Bill are having a quiet time together ( if you know what I mean) lets stay out of the way for now!

Anyway, we didn't come all this way to be entertained! We make our own fun, right?
I did promise Jean to visit her at the Tea Rooms, while I was still in Australia, do you fancy that?

This message was edited Oct 10, 2008 1:56 AM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 10, 2008
1:04 AM

Post #5653125

just one thing... when we get there . Please be sensible!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 10, 2008
1:21 AM

Post #5653200

LOL you got me, all over my shoes. hahaha
Ah ha, so that was you flying through the air! You go girl. Teach me that trick and I'll show you how to transform into a mesosemia capanaea. (it's a butterfly, hehe)

You betcha, I would love a big cup of oolong or Ti Quan Yin. Gotta stay healthy with all this adventuring around. Besides, this will give our hosts their alone time. ;)

Allrighty then, (insert Xena warcry here) off to tea and adventure!
You brought band-aids, right?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 10, 2008
1:25 AM

Post #5653221

Sensible? Why I wouldn't dream of being anything but sensible.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 10, 2008
1:46 AM

Post #5653294

Sorry folks! Got caught up with work and all, and yes, Bill home for a bit, so to speak.
I'm going to have to love you and leave you to yourselves over the weekend I'm afraid. Theres a family thing I can't get out of, no matter how hard I try! I have to drive to the central coast (5 hours) tomorrow, then back again on Sunday! Really not thrilled at all! To top it off, its the last week of the school holidays, so the highway will be packed with holiday makers going home! I have plans to pull up and sleep if it all gets too much.
Sorry terri, I'll have to get out with the camera again, because I burned all my past photos to CD to free up space, and it will be much easier to just snap em again!
I'm haveing alot of fun playing with you lot! Do stick around, and I'll try and get some of your requests posted soon.
Sue
This is what my garden used to look like

Thumbnail by weed_woman

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 10, 2008
1:49 AM

Post #5653316

Jean wont have any coffee, she hates the stuff! and can't stand the smell of it or anything.
I'll take some with us in a thermos flask!

They serve TEA and it's all very nice and elegant. Lets just try to behave like a normal.

Tell Jean we got there by bus ...ok?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 10, 2008
1:58 AM

Post #5653350

Oh Hi Sue! All that travelling, poor you! Have a good journey. No worries mate!
I'll look after the place for you and do the gardening. Are you taking the dogs with you?
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 10, 2008
2:06 AM

Post #5653379

Not sure yet. Its only one night, but I might need them for company on the drive. Can you water in the Brom palace on sunday morning? If it rains they'll be ok, but sometimes we get real scorchers!
I'm back off to work, just stopped in fro a bite to eat, and to check on my visitors. Thank god its Friday!
Cheers terri!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 10, 2008
2:13 AM

Post #5653401

I've got quite used to them now, they have been so good it's helped combat my fear of dogs!
Don't worry about Brom palace or any of the garden, I'll be making regular inspections and keeping everything ship shape!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 10, 2008
2:17 AM

Post #5653409

Hey there Sue! Welcome back.
I'll help too. Leave a list of what you need done and it shall be.

Wow, what a difference you made with your garden. Hats off! It truly is a transformation.

I sympathise with your long drive. But at least it will be a done deal before you know it.
Be safe and we will see you soon.

Ok, ok Terri, I'll play along. I'll take the bone out of my nose, just for you. lol
And since you are bringing coffee, one of my most favorite things in the world, I'll be especially well behaved. And I have a jar of black locust honey to sweeten the coffee with. Ever tried that? Mmmmm.
So, I'm dressing up proper, washed off all smudges and can even give the bus number if required. Shall we...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 10, 2008
2:47 AM

Post #5653541

Nahh forget it mate! ... another time!

You heard Sue, we have responsibilies around here now. We have work to do.

Shame you got all dressed up to do the weeding ... LoL!!
I haven't tried that Honey .. honey but I do like greek yogart with honey and sliced bananas!

It's sooo hot here today mate, think I'll go for a snooze first ... see you later?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 10, 2008
3:25 AM

Post #5653662

tee hee, was thinking,... how about we do a bit of re-decorating for Sue, while she's away!!!!!!
We can start working on it tomorrow, it will be a nice? surprise for Sue LoL.

laters gaters...
77sunset
Merino
Australia

October 10, 2008
3:43 AM

Post #5653704

Caught you all. I just grabbed a passing Eagle flight to check up on what's doing up here since I left. can't stay as Mumma Eagle has babies to get back to. I hope you are not all laying about and doing no watering. I saw Sue's request there.
You are all very welcome to do a side trip to our Tea Rooms but I am a bit worried about the effect some may have on our exclusive clientele. Namely myself, Chrissy, Sue and the other 'Ladies" here. We are, after all a Tea Room , not just any old cafe. Ha ha.
Come and visit We really are all very glad to see anyone pop in as long as they don't hog all the cakes.
I will move out the pet snake and any lurking spiders. You will have to bear with any other critters that make their home here. , Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 10, 2008
3:59 AM

Post #5653749

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats it, I'm outta here! Please Jean, , get rid of all the critters before you go!
I wont be able to sleep a wink tonight.

Hey!!!!! Have you seen our new upmarket Flowerpot cafe then Jean????? Sue designed it actually.
I promised to come to the Tea Rooms. Are you coming to the Flowerpot when I get back?
77sunset
Merino
Australia

October 10, 2008
5:28 AM

Post #5653954

I would like to visit the Flowerpot cafe and hope to see you there Terri, when you stop running. Really , he won't hurt you.
My sons always had crawly and creepy things around the house when they were young.
You will have to watch when you take a walk around the gardens here, because at this time of year, the snakes are all coming out and can be quite testy..
I promise to have no critters around inside when all the ladies ( and men ) visit.
Jean
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 10, 2008
5:39 AM

Post #5653995

Hello--Helooooo come out- come out were ever you are there you all are sitting haveing a cup of tea and a bite to eat in the shade I found a new way to travel I was sitting on this old peice of carpet pulling weeds wishing I was up here and wham here I am sorry I dont have picture of my sons bike he calls in to my house after he has been for a ride to day he was in the ute he come to cut my lawn his house is only 10 minutes away and to morrow the ute again to take me garden shoping so mondaty or tuesday he will come on the bike then I will get a photo enough about me whate have you all been doing gee I love the henna tatoo's naa I dont want a swim but i will sit on the side and dangle my feet this is nice opps I fell in this is a good way to cool of I would love to play more with every one but I must see whate my carpet can do every one hold hands terriculture hold my hand dont worry open you eyes we will do a circle around the grounds wish wish and wisshhh up -up and away THIS IS FUN hold tight we are going to land yes I know my knees were wobbley when I arrived too big wave see you all soon.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 10, 2008
12:15 PM

Post #5654443

Ooo, 77sunset, is that a carpet python? It's beautiful. Please don't put it away just yet. Can I hold it for awhile? Makes me miss my snakes a little less. I've got two, sweet as can be, very good snugglers.
You are most kind to invite us for tea and I promise not to eat all the cakes. lol

Sammut, very cool wheels you have there. I think it can take you anywhere you want to go. Whoohoo! And there is plenty of henna if you want a tattoo. Happy travels.

Wake up sleepyhead. Have watering can and weed snips, reporting for duty. (sound of heels clicking together) (muffled snickering)
Seriously, let's get to it. I'll do the weeding since you are scared of snakes, and you can do the re-decorating.
Then, after we're done, how about a cup of tea at Jean's?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 10, 2008
1:31 PM

Post #5654671

Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you. I won't be able to help as I have to go along with Sue on the 5 1/2 hours trip as we have committed to see our grandbaby and Sue was kind enough to have us along to share the drive.
No worry mate, won't be tippin the bottle in the car, we will be safe and return on Sunday,
Will be anxious to see what you have done with the place, perhaps a new bed for Sue and Bill to enjoy.

Now lets see she has all those theme gardens, how about a theme of our Coffs Experience. Perhaps each of us could leave behind one of our favorite items and use it in the new bed. I got a trumpet that is just sitting around, perhaps a music garden and Zany could contribute the guitar? Just ideas.
Plant, perhaps you could contribute that trom"bone" you took outta your nose, or do we really want that in the garden? Well I shall leave the trumpet before we leave this afternoon over at the gazebo cause I know Sue won't walk all the way around there before heading to the car and we do want her to be surprised.
Bye all for now, must get packing.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 10, 2008
2:13 PM

Post #5654829

Okay had no time to wait for a vote, so I started on the new theme bed for Sue. I love this cyber space cause you can get so much done in such a short time, seems like I have hardly broken a sweat, but let me tell you I smell bad from it and should shower again before heading on the trip as I can see Sue sniffin to figure out what that stink is for the first 3 hours of the drive.
I went down on Sue and Bill's lower 40 where they seldom tread cause it is a hike and there was not much there to look at. I dug a new bed and then took the Triumph into town with the trailer behind it, yes you have to be really good to do this trick and loaded with mulch. I got the horn planted and did stumble across a yucca (bet Sue never even saw it there before) so I left it. Feel free to move it if you need.
Got the trumpet planted and thought that some japanese blood grass would look nice and catch her eye the next time she wonders down under/down under. So now I have done half the work for you, but no problem since I spent most of my time here just getting tippsy and being a pest.
Sure hope this makes up for it!

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 10, 2008
2:16 PM

Post #5654839

I really think this is a great surprise idea for Sue and Bill, so now let's "dig in" and do this up right!

Thumbnail by haighr

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 10, 2008
5:39 PM

Post #5655621

I can't find that guitar but this baby grand piano was sitting on the curb with no insides so I grabbed it. I hope she likes it because it was really hard moving it on the cyber bus.

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 10, 2008
8:44 PM

Post #5656224

G' day me ole muckers!

The new music beds are lookin' terrific! What a great idea, Sue's gonna love it! G' on ya mates.
Sammut, I can't wait to go for a spin on your carpet tonight. How cool is that? Yayyyy!
geek88! Wakey wakey, how cheeky!!
I've been up all night mate! Been painting a mural in the rec room, no-one thought to stop me!!!!!
Better get on with it, sorry, can't stop to chin wag right now. G'day!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 11, 2008
12:04 AM

Post #5656754

It's a scorcher! not a cloud in sight. Has anyone watered Brom palace today?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 11, 2008
1:25 AM

Post #5657054

Just adding a toadstool to the Fairy garden ...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 11, 2008
1:29 AM

Post #5657067

Been to town to get some stamps to send my postcards home...
The stamps here are beautiful!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 11, 2008
1:33 AM

Post #5657080

I liked them so much I sent a letter to myself!!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 11, 2008
1:45 AM

Post #5657128

Better get back to my muriel !!! Still got loads to do, think I've got more paint in my hair than on the walls LoL!

If Sue gets home before I come out again, stall her, don't let her in the rec room. OK?
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 11, 2008
1:48 AM

Post #5657153

I went over and watered the Brom Palace twice. This heat dries things out so fast!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 11, 2008
1:52 AM

Post #5657168

You're right there Zany!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 11, 2008
1:58 AM

Post #5657196

Those stamps really are exquisite aren't they!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 11, 2008
7:04 PM

Post #5659140

Good afternoon all, sorry! G'day.
Yes Zany, they are great wildflower stamps, so colourful.

We got up really early and went back to the market Sue took us to last week!
Found an old electronic drum kit, and turned it into a plant stand. Hope Sue likes it!

Did anyone else buy anything?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 11, 2008
8:12 PM

Post #5659269

Has anyone seen my mobile phone? I can't remember where I left it.

The kids have probably sent a load of messages for me!!!!!! something like this I guess...
When are you coming home Mum?????
My PE kit needs washing ...

etc etc...

I'll be leaving Sue's tomorrow !!!! Gotta get back to reality, kids, job, hubby, housework!!!! y'know how it is.
I't's been fun and I've enjoyed meeting you all. I just need to do the finishing touches on the mural in the rec room,
then start packing...
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

October 12, 2008
5:16 AM

Post #5661086

just looking out my front door admiring the way the late sun hits the trees...
it was 6pm when I took this pic.
If I hurry I can jump on a flying kiwi to Coffs Harbour & get a quick dip in the pool before dinner is ready here.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 12, 2008
7:10 AM

Post #5661198

Hello, I'm home!
OMG, llok at that trumpet in a new garden bed! I love it, oh and a baby grand in the flower garden, how clever is that! And a recycled drum kit to hold all those lovely new plants and decorations! You guys are soooo clever! thanks very much! Its just what I needed to see after the looooong drive home!
Whooosh! What was that? Yay, Sammut! Look at you go, and you've got the whole crew on there with you! (Terri, are you vacumming while you fly?)
Terri, you look much better, but how do you feel?
I'm absolutely rooted! The drive is exhausting, concentrating on the changing conditions, speed zones, signs and mad road users! Think I'll just catch up on whats been going on, then do those garden visits I promised! If not today, then tomorrow, so even if you have to go home, call in for a cuppa in the next day or two for a few more visits!
Thanks again my DG friends!
Sue
(the laundry)

Thumbnail by weed_woman

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 12, 2008
2:47 PM

Post #5661950

Hi Dalyre... Glad you got to call in for a dip in Sue's pool. A flying kiwi? now that is a little far fetched!!!!!!!! honestly. haha.

Sue mate! you're home safe and sound, great to have you back. Think we've been keeping the place to your standards,( hope so). Have a good rest from all that driving. I'm feeling a lot better, this place and the company was just the kind of tonic I needed. Can't say I'm dying to get back to rainy London though!!!!!!
Wow, even doing the laundry in paradise is fun, you get your head down and have a kip and I'll hang the washing up for ya OK!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 12, 2008
7:35 PM

Post #5662716

While Sue is having 40 winks. If anyone would like a peek in the rec room, follow me ...

Watch out the paint is still wet behind the door!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 12, 2008
7:41 PM

Post #5662729

DA DA!!!!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 12, 2008
7:43 PM

Post #5662735

The other wall !!!!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 12, 2008
7:50 PM

Post #5662755

Wild thing! I hope you don't mind, but I couldn't resist a little tweak on the collage wall.

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 12, 2008

Post #5662756

Hope she likes it. Hahaha!

Wait till you see the 'other' wall ...

Laters gaters...

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 12, 2008
7:52 PM

Post #5662763

LMAO at the green boots!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 12, 2008
7:53 PM

Post #5662769

Snap Zany! we posted at the same time!!! LOVE what you did to the collage. I have had my work cut out getting rid of rude words everywhere!!!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 12, 2008
9:01 PM

Post #5662991

ok same as before... don't let Sue in there until I say so!
I'm having a breather from the 'make-over' in the rec room.

Well, seeing as it's my last night here, I've made dinner for everyone!
It's a pan of 'scouse' which is a lamb and vegetable stew. My Mum used to make it with Welsh or New Zealand lamb.
Luckily I found some NZ lamb in Sue's freezer. I'm having 'blind scouse' which is scouse with out the lamb!!
This dish is a traditinal meal served in my hometown which is Liverpool. I didn't want you all thinking I was a Cockney sparrow (nothing against Cockneys) from London, I just live there!!!!
I thought it would be nice to eat in the rec room tonight, relaxed like. We can warm up the scouse when everyone's ready.

Just got the last wall to finish... the sound system is working great...

' Come as you are ..., hope Sue like Nirvana!!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 12, 2008
10:15 PM

Post #5663223

The scouse sounds yummy with or without the lamb.

While you have been so busy there I have been having fun driving my darling crazy.

Him: "What are you doing?"
Me: "Tearing up paper"
Him: "Huh?"
Me: "I'm just sitting out here in the utility room tearing up paper"
Him: "Uh...oh...ok..."
5 minutes later...
Him: "What did you say you are doing out here?"
Me: "I'm just sitting here tearing this paper up into little pieces"
Him: "Oh...Okay...Why?"
Me: "so it won't clump so much when I cook it"
Him: "You're messing with me again aren't you?"
Me: "No, why would you think that?"
Him: "because you just said that you are going to cook shredded paper..."
Me: "Well, I am going to cook it...on low heat of course...for about 24 hours"
Him: "OK...I give up...WHY ARE YOU COOKING PAPER?"
Me: "Because it comes out better if it is cooked"
Him: "Paper is better if it is cooked?"
Me:"Yes"
Him: "better than uncooked paper?"
Me: "Yes"
Him: " (muttering and walking away...) You're messing with me again..."
Me: "I don't know why you'd think that..."
Two hours later:
Him: " Honey, what's this cooking on the stove?"
Me: "Shredded paper"
Him: "What's in the oven?"
Me: "Pot roast"
Several hours later...after dinner.
Him: "Is that really paper cooking in that pan on the stove?"
Me: "Yes dear, it is really paper cooking"
Him: "Should I call the men in the white coats now?"
Me: "Wouldn't it have been more hospitable to have invited them in time for dinner?"
Him: "OK, Why are you cooking paper and what is it for?"
Me: "Because it comes out better cooked...It is for a batch of paper-mâché for my latest project"
Him: "Why didn't you say that you were making paper-mâché when I asked you this morning?"
Me: "Because you asked what I was doing and at that time I was tearing up paper... besides, I like messing with you ;~)"

Life with me might be a bit challenging at times...
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 12, 2008

Post #5663224

While you have been so busy there I have been having fun driving my darling crazy.

5 minutes later...
Two hours later:
Me: "Wouldn't it have been more hospitable to have invited them in time for dinner?"
Me: "Because it comes out better cooked...It is for a batch of paper-mâché for my latest project"
Him: "Why didn't you say that you were making paper-mâché when I asked you this morning?"
Me: "Because you asked what I was doing and at that time I was tearing up paper... besides, I like messing with you ;~)"

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 12, 2008

Post #5663226

5 minutes later...
Two hours later:

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 12, 2008
11:17 PM

Post #5663495

Zany, you're once, twice, three times a lady and I lurrvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve you!
Dunno why I'm singing that... it's Lionel Richie...!!!!!!!!!!

Well Zany, I knew That!! as soon as you said you were tearing up paper!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 12, 2008
11:39 PM

Post #5663597

LOL yes, it seems obvious to most people but my darling has no creative bones and no imagination so everything with him is very literal. After over 30 years together it has turned into a game. I answer literally and wait to see how long it takes him to get to the right question to get a satisfactory answer. The record so far was 3 days while I collected old dishes, smashed them and built a planter. He finally asked the right question the third day and learned I was building and mosaicking a planter.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 13, 2008
12:02 AM

Post #5663702

LoL Zany, Can't wait to see what you make with your paper mache'.

Here's the 'other' wall... mini Anfield... For football matches , NOT SOCCER!!!!
Did I say I'm a Liverpool supporter? Can't wait for the day when Sue and I sit down and have a chat about whether Raffa should play Torres upfront with Keane, and debate Stevie G or Masha in midfield ? ...

Anyone know the words to ' walk on, walk on with hope in you're heart ... '
and you'll never walk alone again... ?

sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 13, 2008
12:04 AM

Post #5663715

Morning just poped up to check the weather when I left the sun was shinning chance of a storm in the afternoon so only a quick stop of , any scouse left - love your cooking it's great just whate I needed after flying around .
Can I peek in the rec. room THATE IS A WORK OF ART has Sue seen it yet ? now I want one do you think you have time to do a wall for me . I'll just finish of the washing up and make a pot of tea lets sit and have it out side girls your getting a good sun tan while your here

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 13, 2008
12:11 AM

Post #5663777

When you walk through the storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

[ Gerry And The Pacemakers Lyrics are found on www.songlyrics.com ]
Walk on, through the wind
Walk on, through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

Can't stick around to sing with you but will practice while I am away and may get better with time, loving what you and Zany are creating!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 13, 2008
12:15 AM

Post #5663793

Hi Sammut, I've made some cakes to have with the tea...
So glad you popped in, may I catch a lift back to London when you leave, please?

Thanks for the compliment on my sun tan, really I'm quite proud of it!!!

All together now... Walk on ...>>>>>>>>

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 13, 2008
12:25 AM

Post #5663849

Hi and Bye Candee! Thanks so such for writing out the words . always brings tears to my eyes!

I hate Goodbyes. can you telll??????hahaha!

Dear Sue and Bill.
Thanks for having me, I've had a great time and you have looked after me so well.
I'll always remember my time here with you at Coffs Harbour.
See you at the Chelsea flower show next year ?

Thanks again for all the sightseeing, I had a blast!
Good Luck with the next race Bill.
Take care of each other, Lots of love, Terri.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 13, 2008
12:27 AM

Post #5663857

Ready when you are Samut... Byeeeeeeeeeeeee everyone!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 13, 2008
1:04 AM

Post #5664014

forgot my hat. ...

cheers!

sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 13, 2008
3:46 AM

Post #5664674

this is a long trip I sewed the loops and the belt so now we have seatbelts tie the bag to the loop heavens its full you must have shoped till you droped ,now tie your hat on we dont want to lose it London here we come.open your eyes now you will be home in a flick of a dogs tail
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 13, 2008
7:38 PM

Post #5666918

See ya, cheerio! I miss everyone already! Just aswell I'm back on my own as its back to Tafe today! Hence the early computer chat.
Couldn't stop last night as I was dog tired and had an early one.
I love my new rec room thanks Zany and terri! Do I get to keep the ladder? And the shoes? Coool! Thanks sooo much.
I will leave you with a last wander in the yard.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 13, 2008
7:40 PM

Post #5666925

the burnt patch is from my last bonfire, but will become a garden, probably early next year.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 13, 2008
7:41 PM

Post #5666928

brom gardens

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 13, 2008
7:42 PM

Post #5666934

the push mower

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 13, 2008

Post #5666935

the bike shed

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 13, 2008

Post #5666939

The plough

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 13, 2008
7:44 PM

Post #5666942

Up the garden path (one of them)

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 13, 2008
7:45 PM

Post #5666948

the kitchen

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 13, 2008
7:46 PM

Post #5666951

ok, so it wont post a picture without words!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 13, 2008
7:47 PM

Post #5666952

Iris in the boat

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 13, 2008
7:47 PM

Post #5666954

unfinished pathway by the pool

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 13, 2008
7:48 PM

Post #5666958

other direction

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 13, 2008

Post #5666960

Thanks for coming everyone!
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

October 13, 2008
8:18 PM

Post #5667055

thanks for the glorious garden tour...
so many neat features to admire.
That iris is really nice, I have some coming up that came from my Mum's.
No idea what colour they are so that is something to look forward too:)
Pic is spider web in the mist this morning... my herbs are in the background.
cheers - Dalfyre

Thumbnail by dalfyre

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 13, 2008
11:07 PM

Post #5667839

Lovely and so glad we got back safe and sound. Hope you enjoy the music garden. The path by the pool looks so inviting, so hope I get an invitation again.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 14, 2008
6:52 AM

Post #5669245

Great pic Dalfyre! That must have been an abstract spider, or it was drunk when it started! LOL.
No worries candee, you can visit anytime!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 14, 2008
7:38 PM

Post #5670970

Thanks for the mini-vacation Sue. It was fun. And you are definitely the Brom Queen.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 15, 2008
3:49 AM

Post #5673012

Thanks geek! Or should that be "Sir" or "lady Geek"?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 15, 2008
12:19 PM

Post #5673720

Ms. Geek will do just fine thanks.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 15, 2008
11:38 PM

Post #5676073

Ok, Lady geek! You've just been ladyised! (I don't think thats really a word) Maybe princess geek. Not much goes on in the Bromeliad forum eh? I thought there'd be more interest.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 15, 2008
11:52 PM

Post #5676136

I've never been Ladyized before. lol Hmmm... could be fun.
I was thinking the same thing about the brom forum. It's as lively as George Dubya's intellect.
(Duhoo!- Homer ,The Simpson's)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 15, 2008
11:55 PM

Post #5676147

DOH!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 16, 2008
12:22 AM

Post #5676259

Well, hi-diddley-ho neighboreeno ( Flanders) I hope I wasn't being politically-incorrect to the intelectually challenged. But then good ol' Georgie woulndn't have enough going on to know that. Ooops, better go flagellate myself for being insensitive.
See you in church.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 16, 2008
7:32 AM

Post #5677564

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/910458/
You are so funny Flandersgeek! Come and chat in the Flowerpot cafe'. How are you at flower arranging? Are you a 'Doh' or a "oh my goodness' (Apu)?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 16, 2008
12:25 PM

Post #5677892

Im more of a Snowball II in that after arrainging all the pretties just so, I would eat them.
(then hack them up ) Sorry Terri.

Thank's for the invite. See you there. :)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 1, 2009
5:44 AM

Post #5950598

Happy New Year Sue, Bill and all our Aussie mates!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 1, 2009
1:31 PM

Post #5951071

Ditto on that. Have a most wonderful start to the new year.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

January 2, 2009
11:57 PM

Post #5958273

Thanks you guys, you always know where to find me!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 3, 2009
2:12 AM

Post #5958898

We have our ways. bwahahahahaha
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

January 3, 2009
2:21 AM

Post #5958954

she's gone fishin' LoL!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

January 3, 2009
2:35 AM

Post #5959020

Hehehehe
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 8, 2009
12:17 AM

Post #6235379

G'day Sue! fancy a cuppa?

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

March 8, 2009
11:51 AM

Post #6236975

Thanks Terri, too cute! Jeans legs would fall off if she had to walk this far! I might start a new cafe coffs thread in a couple of weeks. BIG MAYBE!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 16, 2009
1:03 AM

Post #6272911

Hi Sue, I've learnt how to do links, fingers crossed this works!! Mystery tour LOL!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/960143/
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 19, 2009
12:02 AM

Post #6287235

Hi Sue! Candee's Birthday party on Sunday, you are cordially invited to attend. LoL!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 19, 2009
3:22 PM

Post #6289711

hi all
can you start a new thread
i on dail up and can not get every thing up
and i do not want to miss out
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

April 17, 2009
5:45 PM

Post #6424378

Hi Sue!
Have you got any pineapples? I can't be bothered to go to the supermarket!!!
Hope everything is groovy!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America