Photo by Melody

Article: Dave's Garden's heroes: Extreme reverse makeover saves the day: What a wonderful world!

Communities > Forums > Article: Dave's Garden's heroes: Extreme reverse makeover saves the day
bookmark
Forum: Article: Dave's Garden's heroes: Extreme reverse makeover saves the dayReplies: 2, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ollierose
Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

October 6, 2008
11:22 AM

Post #5638478

I heard that song in my head as I read this story! How touching! I experienced something similar when the house I rented was being torn down, but didn't have such a generous offering of support. My neighbors actually took plants from me! As you can imagine, I promptly went to their homes and took back what was mine! I guess they were never really "friends" anyway, and that's just fine! I now own a home and have had the fortune of family and friends that share plants with me!

I'm happy to hear the positive results of this story and I'm so happy to be a part of the gardening world!
BesEden
Bedford, PA

October 6, 2008
1:11 PM

Post #5638743

Oh my gosh! They took plants from you? That is the absolute worst! What an insult. I'm happy that things worked out well for you now. And I hope you have much better neighbors!
Aunt_A

October 7, 2008
3:40 AM

Post #5641903

ollierose,

I'm so sorry that people took plants from you but glad you got some back. I have a few of the huge Zinna seeds and some of the small orange variety, too. As a good deed to counteract what happened to you, I'll send you some if you want them. (The huge Zinnias can grow 3 to 6 feet tall.) Just D-mail me your addy.

I LOVE that song; thanks for mentioning it!

Thanks for reading and commenting.

BesEden,

Thanks for reading and commenting.

April

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Dave's Garden's heroes: Extreme reverse makeover saves the day Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
RE The help for Aggiegrl cando1 9 Oct 4, 2008 2:43 AM
Best story ever! dmdula 5 Oct 4, 2008 3:01 AM
Great story Sundownr 18 May 7, 2010 8:26 AM
Well put MitchF 4 Oct 4, 2008 9:24 PM
Beautiful Sharran 1 Oct 4, 2008 2:47 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America