-
AuthorContent
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2008
11:28 PM

Post #5640808

Well this is the looks of my bedroom for the winter season! Pineapple, vigna, jasmine, ee, passiflora, caladiums and likely then some. But so fragrant to sleep by.

Thumbnail by haighr
Click the image for an enlarged view.

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2008
11:30 PM

Post #5640814

I work on my afghan in that chair by the door going to the tub. Quite fragrant and relaxing least while still blooming, calling for a freeze this eve so had to get them inside.
zhinusmom
(Trisha) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

October 6, 2008
11:38 PM

Post #5640862

That is beautiful! It is getting cooler, I am going to have to start thinking about getting my plants back inside very soon...back to the Jungle Theme for the Winter!!!!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2008
11:54 PM

Post #5640948

Hi Trisha, nice to meet you and welcome to the thread. Surprised you haven't had to bring things in already, we are in the western md mts. are you still in a warm trend there?
Must admit it does smell devine, can't notice the smell as much when outside, but now that they are in, it is glorious. Wont last long in the inside environment and will be cuting all back soon, but enjoy for a bit.
Thanks for coming and thanks for looking and please share your inside garden when you can.
Candee
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

October 9, 2008
3:51 PM

Post #5651191

BTW trisha, what are peanut patties? Why can't you get them, can't you order online and get them?
zhinusmom
(Trisha) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

October 9, 2008
5:51 PM

Post #5651582

Peanut patties are basically about three to four inch rounds of raw peanuts in a some sort of a cooked reddish-pink sugar mixture...the sugar is softer and somewhat crumbly...not hard like peanut brittle!

As for indoor plants don't have a lot any more...Sanseveria, small palms, my avocado trees a few Spider plant starts and Christmas cactus, pothos and burros tail. I suffer from too much stuff in too little space...add a dog and a cat to the mix...oohhh to have a greenhouse!!
Sallysblooms
South, TX

October 10, 2008
3:29 AM

Post #5653673

We don't have to bring anything inside for winter thankfully. I have an african violet collection. I can't have a bunch of plants bringing bugs in!

I have a sunroom though if it gets cold. We have nice winters though.

Your plants look so pretty!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

October 10, 2008
1:33 PM

Post #5654679

Sounds sweet!
Not any problem with bugs Sally, I just hose them off before coming in and they are fine. Would be nice to have a heated sunroom here, but not the case. Have thought about a greenhouse, but they are a lot of work and I just don't have the time, I do have access to a greenhouse where these could overwinter, but I wouldn't be able to see them and tend them everyday, so like them near and dear better.
zhinusmom
(Trisha) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

October 10, 2008
5:11 PM

Post #5655514

haighr I have a funny one...YOU have (or had) the mirror to my dresser hanging on your fence!! I was looking at some back contest photos, I think it was 2004. Came across one of your entries and there was my missing mirror hanging on you fence!!! So pretty!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

October 12, 2008
10:40 PM

Post #5663310

Actually we still have the dresser that goes with that mirror Trisha, but glad there is another like it. It is quite old as it was our gggrandmothers. Got the dresser up in the work room full of paint and decorations for out pictures that we make. What a small world.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 4, 2008
10:23 AM

Post #5750268

How did I miss this?
Love your bedroom Candee, it looks fabulous with all your plants looking snug and warm for winter!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

November 5, 2008
12:43 PM

Post #5754609

Thanks, it is snug as a bug in a rug LOL. Do wish I had a heated sun porch or somethin for them, but this has sufficed for years and guess it shall continue to do so. It is a bit of a hassle when the leaves start dropping and the dust bunnies need collected there.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America