Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: The flowerpot Cafe' XLV (is that right, 14?)

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 224, Views: 1,138
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 7, 2008
7:52 AM

Post #5642304

Come one come all, the newly reovated cafe' is opening it's doors tonight!
The feature walls are dark olive green and the leather lounges and ottomans are Taupe. Its all very modern and all we need are some modern arrangements to set it off!
Some orange, red and black would be great, in metallic containers or something angular! Go for bold architectural foliage but keep it simple and uncluttered.
On the menu is Sushi rolls with avocado, carrot, celery and wasabi and soy sauce on the side

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Click the image for an enlarged view.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 7, 2008
12:17 PM

Post #5642579

Goodness Sue, how do you find the time, with all the entertaining you just wrapped up and working and now the renovations completed already? I love the taupe leather, it is soft as the finest cowhide ever and just what I need to smother into on a cold evening. The olive green is gonna take a bit of gettin used to, I am so used to all the neutrals we had it is quite a bold change.
Hum orange, red and black, not sure what I can scrounge this time of year, but will surely work on it after all you have done in here.
Could we broaden the menu? I'm not much for sushi, so hoping we can have a variety. Meantime, I need to work on stocking the new teak and mirrored bar. Can we get all new crystal as well or have we run out of money doing the recessed lighting? Let me know and I'll start shopping.
OMG is that a Tassimo machine there in the new kitchen? Can I be the first to operate it? Can we have lattes?

Can't wait until everyone else gets here and sees the new joint!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

October 7, 2008
1:54 PM

Post #5642869

i here
still buies bad spelling
i love the food and picture
elle
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 7, 2008
5:32 PM

Post #5643708

Sue, the place looks grand. It feels more like a modern lounge now than a cafe and I have never seen modern that was so comfy!

Candee, have you got those the Latte machine thingy working? I could use a pick-me-up about now. Can you believe that my boss didn't realize I was gone! In fact he came up to me in the breakroom and thanked me for working so hard at my desk for so long that he wants me to take a 3 hour lunch as a reward... I am going to take it and get caught up so he'll never know ;~)

I started another collage. Sticking with the pond theme this one is goung to be a turtle swimming in the water. I can see it in my mind. Now I just need to try and make it work...
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 7, 2008
10:10 PM

Post #5644408

Zany, so you "muse" everyone even at work. I can't believe you weren't missed. I returned everything just as I left it only more of it!
Please start a thread and we shall follow your work in progress, sounds like an interesting subject. And the colors will be a great match with blues and greens. Perhaps you are making this one for the cafe and will put a black frame around it and add some touches of red lilies in the water?
I have been reading the instructions on this machine all afternoon, that is why work is piling up around me and still haven't figured it out. Might I suggest you ask Steven if there is a Starbucks nearby so you don't have a caffeine fit until I can get it going?
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 7, 2008
10:48 PM

Post #5644520

I'll try to remember to take pictures of it...but I don't remember most of the time. I plan to make the frame almost like the first one but with a wider black molded wood on top with real glass instead of the plexiglass I used on the first one. I may make the turtle a bit dimensional too, kind of like a relief, to give him more depth... just working it out in my mind...I could use layers of cardboard, paper machete' or clay...

The nearest starbucks is about 13 miles from here so I went ahead and put on a pot of strong coffee. I needed it bad~
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 8, 2008
12:57 AM

Post #5645027

Sorry,. but just got busy here Zany, been trying to make something for the cafe. Don't have anything for a mod arrangement yet but let's vote on if and where if so we could hang my modern framed glad? If the green isn't what you want let me know I can get another insert for the frames.
Going to have to enjoy everyone elses poseys here soon as I am now down to just dahlias and nothing near mod enough for our new cafe.
Like your dimensional turtle idea, that is how we make our wood pictures with a layer dimensional effect, great concept.

Thumbnail by haighr

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 8, 2008
1:30 AM

Post #5645144

I think the glads would look nice over by the entrance between the two tall narrow windows. I like the green as it is. It shows nicely against the darker green walls.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 8, 2008
5:39 AM

Post #5645907

Oh Candee, that is just perfect! I agree with Zany, it looks so much like a stained glass panel, that between those two long windows would be juuuuuust right!
I'll give you a quick demo on the cofee barista so you can get brewing. I still have a couple of visitors to take care of, and some work to do during the day, but I have an arrangement in mind, just have to procure the ingredients!
I've added a Smoked Salmon wrap to the menu, but feel free to add something to your taste too!
I know i was a bit specific with the theme, but just do what you feel like doing, no pressure! We'll see how everyone likes the Olive wall and if it's not quite right for the punters, maybe we can change it. let me know by early next week

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 8, 2008
5:42 AM

Post #5645912

This is the current feature wall colour, The remaining walls are beige

Thumbnail by weed_woman

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 8, 2008
11:43 AM

Post #5646172

Okay Sue, thanks for that I can see it much more clearly now. I love the new theme, just need to tweek the menu and am sure that will be accomplished as soon as we find a permanent chef. Looking for classier help now that we have done the renos is going to be a tricky venture as well, please everyone, ask around and feel free to make suggestions. We need a matre'd, cocktail waitress/bartender, chef, who am I forgetting.

I think you two are right, why didn't I see that area, guess I was so much in awe that I never turned around when I came in and then I just went back into the lounge and kitchen and out the back door. It is not as easy to see Steven's house now that we put in the narrower windows, but am sure he can still see us coming and going through his yard (he hasn't gottent the fence yet!).

Did either of you notice if the open light was on, just wondering where everyone is?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 8, 2008
1:39 PM

Post #5646580

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the new cafe' Sue, very classy! You've done us proud with the renos.
Candee, the open light is switched on now...

I'll be back later on to have a good look round, has anyone worked out the latte machine yet?

Thumbnail by terriculture

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 9, 2008
11:02 PM

Post #5652646

Hi everyone, The new Flowerpot cafe is Open. Welcome!

Candee, Thank you! I have been admiring your beautiful modern framed Glad, so clever! It looks perfect for the new image in here. Out with the old, in with the new! I'm still looking for some angular metalic containers myself!! I have some old buckets but don't think they will do. I'm staring to think, cheese grater, sieve, collinder,...LoL!

Zany, Looking forward to seeing your latest work of art, our gallery is the perfect place for it.

Inspired by Candee's Glads and frame, I made mine the old fashioned way with sticks!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 9, 2008
11:13 PM

Post #5652692

Thanks for the demo on the latte machine Sue! Think I've got the hang of it now.
Good idea to have a potting shed in the cafe gardens, we can all help out with the cuttings and seed sowing in there over winter. See you later...

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 10, 2008
1:50 AM

Post #5653322

well done Terri. thats exactly the type of arrangements I had in mind! Just use what you can! Still battling to find the right ingredients for mine yet. I'd better get a hurry on or the flowers I have will pass on!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 10, 2008
1:07 PM

Post #5654592

Terri that is perfection. This is the mod of mod cafes - I love it so much in here I can hardly bring myself to leave. Here is my donation, kinda mod, not exactly what we are looking for but perhaps we can put it in a corner.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 10, 2008
1:09 PM

Post #5654600

Here is a different angle

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 10, 2008
1:12 PM

Post #5654606

Gotta show off the lovely shades in the dahlia.
Perhaps someone could put this together in a more mod vase and it would look better.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 10, 2008
1:18 PM

Post #5654625

BTW, if you haven't sucked down all that latte yet, might I have a sip? We are headed on a long drive today and I need all the caffeine I can get!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 10, 2008
7:34 PM

Post #5655973

Hi Sue and Candee, Glad you like them, Thanks! Well Sue, my Glads are a bit past it but what the heck!!
Nice arrangement Candee, actually I've put it in the Ladies room! It looks beautiful in there, love those Dahlias!

Oh did I tell you ? we might be getting some 'Ladies' visiting for a bite to eat, we need to get some cucumber sandwiches made and some fresh cream cakes. Anyone got any fine teas?

To answer your earlier question Candee, personally I like the bar the way it is, we have lots of crystal already. I'd prefer to spend any spare money thats left over in the kitty on plants for the cafe! or any unexpected social events that might happen spontaniously (sp) ! Thats my feeling on the matter...

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 11, 2008
1:56 AM

Post #5657185

Well, since this renovation has made the Cafe into a lovely modern lounge I would like to see us use new, modern glass and dinnerware. There are some lovely ones out there but the one I love (but can't afford in real life) is by Fire and Light. It is made from recycled glass and the colores are lovely. Since on the net I can pretend to be rich please let me donate a stock of their wares to the cafe.

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 11, 2008
1:57 AM

Post #5657189

And of course...

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 11, 2008
2:07 AM

Post #5657233

Oh Thankyou Zany! They are gorgeous, so kind of you to donate them to the cafe!
I'm sure we will have some great times using all our mod stuff.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 12, 2008
7:21 AM

Post #5661204

You guys are doing such a nice job in the cafe'. Hopw lucky are we to have a good bunch of Glassy, oops I mean Classy Ladies to get things done! I must get on to that arrangement tomorrow. The flowers don't look their best, but I have others (I hope) still in the garden, so should be able to get it together!
Lets have that Latte Candee, when you get back. We can sit in the Ladies room and admirw those Dahlias. I think the Passionfruit flowers are pretty special too!
So, my rich friend Zany, lets Latte in those glass mugs eh?
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 12, 2008
7:28 AM

Post #5661211

Latte's all around! I'll make mine a Mocha Latte with mint from the cafe's garden.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

October 12, 2008
4:38 PM

Post #5662322

Hi all, sorry I haven't been around lately, haven't been feeling so well. But I have been working on a project to make one of my plain walmart orchids more interesting.
The stake got painted green to match the plant, and the pot got painted blue and I painted the little clip that holds the flower stem blue aswell to match the pot. Hopefully it turns out well :)

I'll stop by again soon,
Steven

heres a pic of Miss Bruggy, I hear the Vegetable Plot Cafe wants to hire her as their latest act so maybe we can beat them to it?

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 12, 2008
4:43 PM

Post #5662345

Miss Bruggy is simply devine. She fits right in here and should not even consider the Veggie Cafe...When they say "Your so cute I could just eat you up" over there it is not just a nice expression...they mean it!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 12, 2008
9:58 PM

Post #5663160

LoL Zany, and the veggie cafe.!!!! Mocca and mint sounds good, haven't tried that one!

Steven, Hi ... Sorry you haven't been feeling too well, same here!! Your project sounds interesting, you'll have to show us when you're feeling better. Oh yes Miss Brug looks the part in here, what a great find. well done! Nice to see you, I thought you were still at Sue's!!

Sue, don't worry about getting the arrangementsssssss done, in your own time... no rush... chillax!
We will still be here when you get around to it .!!

Someone will have to spend a bit of time showing Miss Brug how to operate the lattie machine, and we can see how she does on a trial basis... ok?
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2008
3:38 AM

Post #5669025

Thanks Terri :) I'll be sure to get some pictures! Hope you're feeling better soon :)

This lattie is pretty good! I think Miss Brug is going to work out fine. Better then Mizz Squash anyways...she always used to pull on the push door.

Steven
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 14, 2008
7:08 AM

Post #5669257

lOL, you guys are tooo funny! Raining here! I'm going to take a pic of my abysmal arrangement now, as I bought the vase and everything specially! I just can't get the time or find the right something to top it off!
I've put it by the windows so you can see it in the fading light! Any suggestions for size, type and colour of foliage or something to give it zing, please!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 14, 2008
11:37 AM

Post #5669508

Miss Bruggy looks like she has a lot of spunk! Should work out fine. Hope you are feeling better Steven, I think you musta got a bug doing that cyber travel. You know that a lot of folks end up sick after a holiday vacation, perhaps you overdid at Sue's? Well, just take it easy and pop back in when you feel better. There is so much to see here at the new cafe, you want to be "up to snuff" to take it all in.

Sue I think that "pops" just the way it is, simple lines, modern and a splash of color. Not sure I like it there in the fading light, think it would stand out better over by the bar where we have the black lights and darker wall, care to move it or shall we wait for more critics to decide?

I got a latte this morn. I think Miss Bruggy is a little bit shy with the froth as mine was a bit flat, but practice will make perfect.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 14, 2008
4:19 PM

Post #5670329

Hi Sue, Had a great time over at your place, Thanks for that. I have some presents to give out but not until I have made my secret garden or I will be in BIG trouble!!!
OOOOOOOhhh BEAUTIFUL Bird of Paradise! Hardly ever see those here and if you do they cost an arm and a leg! So spectacular a flower, it really doesn't need tarting up with leaves!! I agree with Candee, there is too much going on in the background of your picture to really 'see' them properly. Nice one mate, simple but defo classy!! Thank you. (nice vase too).

Hi Steven, I'm feeling better, thanks and you?
Yeah I know what you mean about Miz Squash, she was a looker, but not really with it upstairs!!

Anyone tried out the new glass collection from our rich friend Zany?

Hello lurkers, you know who you are..Lol

This message was edited Oct 14, 2008 5:21 PM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 14, 2008
11:43 PM

Post #5671998

Happy Birthday Flowertips!

Have a fun day, love you lots! xxxxxx

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 15, 2008
12:09 AM

Post #5672097

Wow. Just discovered the new renovations. Think I need to get out my dressy dress and heels. Everythign looks so spify and elegant.

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 15, 2008
3:57 AM

Post #5673031

Lovely glass full Terri! Is that grevillea leaves I spy?
Hi Star, hows things in your neck of the woods?
Thanks for the recommendations for a back ground change. I might try it in photo shop, as I just can't get a good pic without good light! (It's always dark when I'm indoors!)
Black, you say?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 15, 2008
11:54 AM

Post #5673646

That is a fabulous drink concoction you have created there Terri. The white froth is just the topping for our lovely new crystal.
Hi there Star, do change into something more comfy and sleek as this new cafe just oozes with class and vibrant color!
Sue I was thinkin over by the darker wall with the black light where it would be highlighted. May need to try a few spots as we want to highlight the vase as well. Near the window just tends to make my eye wander past it outside and that doesn't do it justice.

Hope everyone has a great week and weekend, we are headed to the cabin later this afternoon to hunt. It is muzzleloader season (that would be hunting the Davey Crockett way with black powder rifles). Will be sure to take my boots off before coming back in the cafe on Saturday or Sunday!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 15, 2008
1:44 PM

Post #5674020

Hi Star! Nice to see you, glad you found us. I've found your fancy heels for you! see you later when you're all dressed up?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 15, 2008
1:50 PM

Post #5674041

Hi Sue and Candee, Thanks! They are Grevillea leaves Sue, no pretty flowers from the plant this year, maybe it wasn't warm enough? Have a good weekend Candee, hope it's not too quiet around here when you're gone, I always miss you!!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 16, 2008
7:30 AM

Post #5677562

OK, took your advice and did the black background. I also added a couple more flowers to fill it up. How does it go now?

Thumbnail by weed_woman

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 16, 2008
4:49 PM

Post #5678891

OHH LAA! That is a MODERN arrangement Sue, Lovely! I like the addition of more flowers, it's like a totem pole of Paradise. Even the negative space (around the flowers) is Angular!! Well done mate!

Hello everyone! The lattie machine is out of order... I don't know what MIZZ BRUGGY has done to it!!! Please lend us your metalic kettles, coffee and tea pots!

Sue, I'm having a bit of trouble with the 'olive' feature wall!!! It's just not my cup of tea... LOL!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 16, 2008
6:36 PM

Post #5679332

LUV the Bird of Paradise arrangement! Very Elegant .
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 16, 2008

Post #5680237

Beautiful job Sue. That is really stunning.
I guess I had better plant those seeds. lol
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 18, 2008
1:06 PM

Post #5686497

Hi everyone! How are you? Anyone got time to make some cakes? lol.

Zany, how is the artwork coming along?
Welcome to the Flowerpot cafe' plantgeek88, nice to see you!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 18, 2008
1:21 PM

Post #5686532

Hello Terri. Sorry,no time to make cakes, only enough to eat them. lol
Hope you are well.
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 18, 2008
3:03 PM

Post #5686855

Ug... My feet are killing me. Ya shouldn't have made such stunning shoes Terri. I had to put them on and then do the town up and danced the nights away showing them off. : )

Actaully, I love the design ya did and I would wear em if they actually had some like that. I think they cool and stylish. Thanks for making them for me. : )

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 18, 2008
3:41 PM

Post #5686976

Good morning!

Terri, my new buddy Oliver the turtle is almost ready to frame but I have to pick up the boards for that yet. I think he is going to look good on the wall opposite the Dragonfly. He is the same size and the frames will be similar but this one will have a bit wider black area against the stained wood.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 18, 2008
8:54 PM

Post #5687689

Hi everyone!
If you like cakes plantgeek88, you've come to the right place. New cake menu coming soon!! Been rushed off my feet in here today, what with the lattie machine not working!!
Glad the shoes were ok Star, wasn't sure they would be be right size!
Looking forward to seeing Oliver the turtle Zany, it will be nice to have more artwork in here.

I finally managed to buy some flowers this week!
Here's an arrangement using orange and red Gladioli and sticks, with an angular vase!

Back later with refreshments!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 19, 2008
12:13 AM

Post #5688388

Fresh pot of coffee...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 19, 2008
12:15 AM

Post #5688396

Box of chocolates, to share!!...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 19, 2008
12:17 AM

Post #5688412

Star cocktail ...

Have a good evening all.

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 19, 2008
2:53 AM

Post #5689054

OMG, Terri, those are beautiful and perfect! I especially like the glads! (Bills been telling me all about the red iris he has been seeing!) Mmmm, and the chocolates are devine! I'm gonna eat them all before anyone else can scoff them. *munch, munch, chew, chew*
And that Cocktail *slurp, slurp* Oh it tastes soooo good! Theres no one else around Terri, so I may aswell finish it! *slurp, slurp, Buuuuuurp* Whoopsh! Shorry bout dat! It jush shlipped out. Ohhh, Shtars shoes are shtill here. I might try them on and, whoopsh... shomeone pulled the floor out from under my feets! I'll jush schit (don't be rude) here for a bit till I can finds my legs! Burrrrppppppp! ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 19, 2008
4:04 AM

Post #5689387

LOL Weed, you started without me! That's ok...I'll catch up! I think I'll start with some raspberry schnapps to go with some of those yummy looking chocholates. MMMM wonderful! Hey, do you ned help getting up or are you waiting for the floor to stop moving?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 19, 2008
11:47 AM

Post #5689966

Hee hee, you are too funny WeedWoman. Sorry I missed the goodies, but it was more fun watching you enjoy them.
Wonderful spread by the way Terri. Next year, I'll have a few glads to add.
I don't have a digital camera, so y'all will have to really use your imagination on this, sending a vase of ferraria crispa, my first, just bloomed.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 19, 2008
3:39 PM

Post #5690589

WHAT the ... is going on in here? Sue tut tut, this sort of behaviour is not in keeping with our new sophicated image!!!!!!!

Why didn't you just say you wanted the Naughty chair !!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 19, 2008
5:02 PM

Post #5690893

Have a think about how you will be replacing the chocolates for all to share!!!!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 19, 2008
5:09 PM

Post #5690932

Here's one for the 'Ladies room' Help yourselves to a squirt (you too Steven) we won't mind!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 19, 2008
7:24 PM

Post #5691312

New fish tank for the cafe'... Has anyone got any fish to go in it???? !

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 19, 2008
7:25 PM

Post #5691316

close up...

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 19, 2008
9:08 PM

Post #5691643

Oh, I wish I had pictures of a goldfish plant!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2008
9:35 PM

Post #5691743

Wow you have been really busy in my absence. Chocolates gone! Drinks - gone! Potty - needs dumping (thanks Zany) -
I stepped out in the high heels at the cabin and near broke my leg when trippin over the black walnuts. Discarded them up by the tree stand out back!
Lovein the BOP by the black wall, really pops now.
Quite tired here been cookin, huntin, tracking and stalkin all weekend, so nice to just come home and chill at the cafe. Am really enamored with al the arrangements you have brought in in the past week and they are still looking fresh as daisys! I did put new water in all the vases but do Refuse to do the potty as I did enough cleaning up at the cabin. Gutting deer, plucking turkey and settin traps for coyotes, so no potty duty for me!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2008
9:46 PM

Post #5691781

Oh my goodness Zany you just didn't watch for him to come around I got a pic when I got home he musta been hiding on you ! Sorry about the blur Terri sur you don't mind, but he was swimmin pretty fast!

This message was edited Oct 19, 2008 5:47 PM

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 19, 2008
11:09 PM

Post #5692088

Hi Zany, I've never heard of a goldfish plant, good thinking!

Hi Candee, So nice to see you back! How clever to find a goldfish plant, he/she looks quite happy in there. We shall have to give it a name!! Thankyou, and I bet you haven't even unpacked yet Lol.
Sorry you missed out on the chocolates, here's a box just for you! Note, they haven't been opened!!

Have a good week everyone!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2008
11:23 PM

Post #5692140

oH THANK YOU, don't need to unpack mate, we have everything up there ways as underwear and stuff LOL! You have been there you remember. We wore all from shorts to longjohns this weekend. Long as the sun was out was warm but then a fire in the stove in the eve and then the winter stuff and then shortsleves! LOL, been around th park so glad for the chocos you broght for me friend!
BTW how do you find the time and energy my friend??? I am so tired and it is only 7:30 here???

This message was edited Oct 19, 2008 7:25 PM
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 20, 2008
8:43 AM

Post #5693594

Would you all stop talking so loud! My head is killing me! OMG, what was in that cocktail Terri? (or was it the chocolates?) Oh, more chocolates! I don't s'pose you'll be wanting to share those candee?
Thanks for the seat Terri. Naughty chair is it? I must have been bad yesterday~! Its pretty comfortable, think I'll sit for awhile.
Oh, a fish tank, and look, theres Nemo! I could watch him swimming all day. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
Why can I smell channel? Is that you steven?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2008
11:20 AM

Post #5693757

Sorry Sue but do believe you have had your fill, I won't be sharing mine, but will savor every morsel.
My question is, who is going to tend the fishtank, or is that what the chanel is for to mask the fishy smell?
Steven, are you waiting for the right moment to burst into the new cafe? We miss seeing you. I have been coming in the back door from the patio and so havent' seen your lawn recently. Hows that bruggie? Fenced yet?
Zany, must go home today from work and pull the dahlias as we had the first frost last night. Glad it did not happen while we were at the cabin as I had forgotten that I put my vigna back outside, took it in yesterday whew!
Terri, these are scrumptious, just my favorites with nuts instead of gooey filling, you are a doll!
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 20, 2008
3:47 PM

Post #5694684

Wow! Love the arrangements. The channel one looks like it shoudl be an ad on the tv for a commercial.

I love glads. Unfortunatel;y all the 500 bulbs I planted croaked from the drought and excess heat adn sun. Glads make make beautiful basket handles. If ya take one and put with flowers facin out on each side of basket and then bring together at top and tie with wire and decorate with a bow.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2008
5:01 PM

Post #5694967

Star so sorry to hear about your glads that is a lot of bulbs to loose and likely quite an expense. I would love to see one of your basket creations?
Glad you are glad for the glads as I tire of them when they incessantly drop over crashing even when I have tediously staked them as much as I can.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2008
5:02 PM

Post #5694968

Hello everyone!

Candee, Thanks and glad you enjoyed the chocs, I prefer the nutty ones too!
Well, I'm not surprised you are tired after all that hunting! while you were doing that, I was playing about with flowers lol.
Don't go worrying about who's gonna clean the fish tank, I'll do it !!!! I think our little fish needs a friend though!!

Sue, still feeling a little delicate are you? So pleased Candee didn't share her chocs hahaha!
Looking forward to more of your stylish metalic angular arrangements, do we still have 25 tables in here?

Star, Thanks! whooo hoo on tv eh? cool!
I like your glads for handles idea, got me thinkin'! Just need a metalic basket and we'll be ok Lol!
Sorry about your Glads, will you try again next year?

Hope you are feeling better soon Steven, we need to discuss Miss Bruggys position here.

Hi Zany is Oliver framed yet?
Hi Plankgeek88, Is Father Christmas bringing you a camera?
Hi elle, where are you lady? we are missing you!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2008
5:44 PM

Post #5695142

Gosh, first frosts already Candee, where did the summer go? Hope you get your Dahlias up tonight then! Oh goody! hopefully a few more Dahlia arrangements for us! Lol.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 20, 2008
5:53 PM

Post #5695191

Hi All,

Terri's flying teapot took me to 8 countries in 30 days, and then to Houston and back. My Danish friends came to visit here so I extended my vacation by several days last week. Terri - thanks for such a unique mode of transportation - it had all the comforts of home. In glancing quickly over this thread and other threads in this forum - a LOT has happened in the last two months. One event that I particularly wished I was here for was that fabulous trip to Sue's place in Australia. Lovely blooms and arrangements all. Hello to the new people who has visited the cafe in the last few weeks. Here is Terri's flying teapot again - waiting out in the newly renovated cafe's back acres.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2008
6:26 PM

Post #5695312

Diane,
Welcome back!!!!!!!! Wow, you must be exhausted with all that travel, I know how tiring it can be. Photos, I know there are around her someplace, please post a link for us to view your holiday adventures. Would be nice if we could put up the new video screen here at the cafe and view them together?
We are so happy you are back safe and sound although never feared as the teapot was the best way to travel. Sue will surely have another blowout at her place and sure you will make that one.

Yes Terri frost already, came on too quick, too soon for me. Will see what is available when I get home as it was too dark when I left this morn to see any possible damage, but do need to get the tubers up and in quickly as another frost due this evening.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 20, 2008
8:00 PM

Post #5695693

Good afternoon everyone! The sun was out bright and warm so I spent most of the morning at the park giving Pyxle a good work out. She does love her park time!

Oliver is going to have to wait for his frame until I can pick up a couple of boards for it. In the meantime he is swimming about merrily on his easel stand. I have to keep telling myself to leave him alone because everytime I sit down by him I end up doing something else and will over do it.

Well, the town whistle just blew the 1:00 signal so I better get ready for work!

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 20, 2008
9:07 PM

Post #5695971

Hello y'all,
Star, I have a a few hardy glad bulbs (pinks) that you are welcome to have. D-mail me if you want them.

Terri, all I'm getting for X-mas is a bundle of switches. I've been so bad. ;)

Sue, Sue, Sue. Have some more chocholates?

Love the fishtank. And the teapot.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2008
9:46 PM

Post #5696090

Dianne! Welcome home!!!!! Ohh so glad to hear that ole Tpot gotcha there and back!! I was a bit worried for a while thinking it might have clapped out in cyber space! Good to have you back. I'm sure we'll get another winter break down under, everyone start being really nice to Sue ok?

More chocolates Sue? Lol.

Zany, Beautiful colours! Did you use your papier mache for Oliver? he looks quite heavy! Love the red twigs, are they painted on or printed? Hanging it opposite our Dragonfly, really looks good. Thank you for another refreshing piece of art. Well done! Really makes me want to have a go at a collage, love the silks.

Plankgeek88. LoL I don't think you have been that bad!!!!!! surely not?
Candee, Did you get the Dahlias up yet??? Great idea! we have a TV room Yay!!!! metalic, angular .. .. ..
light bulb.. ding!!!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2008
9:59 PM

Post #5696143

My goodness Zany, Oliver is absolutely fab! Where do you get such grand ideas, he is gonna look great on your wall, better yet on the cafe wall with those greens! Lovin the bubbles adds just the right touch. I know what you mean about the overdo, I tend to keep at it myself until I wish I had stopped! So just stop he is wonderful.
plantgeek - sorry bout the switches, but they aren't so bad, I have been getting them for years now and actually have a collection that I use in arrangements! The teapot flew Dianne all over the world, that is why we couldn't use it to go to Sues and had to ride the spiders and such. But she is back now!
Oh, here are my switches! Case you thought I was a "good girl" this will prove my point!

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2008
10:04 PM

Post #5696163

Here is what is left of the dahlias, quite a hard frost and nothing survived. Glad I have been collecting zinnia seeds before now, or would be lost as they are all gone as well. Oh well, time to "chill" and relax for the winter I guess.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2008
10:07 PM

Post #5696171

Even got to the EE and they were a bit protected in the pines and brick box etc.

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2008
10:20 PM

Post #5696218

Always trying to make out you are a bad girl . We know you're a goody goody mate. LoL!! keep trying to convince us!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2008
10:25 PM

Post #5696234

no flowers? awwwwww dont like mr frosty!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 20, 2008
10:27 PM

Post #5696241

Hey, gimmie back my switches! lol Might be needing those later.

Poor EE. Will it recover?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2008
10:30 PM

Post #5696258

What is EE?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 20, 2008
10:34 PM

Post #5696270

Elephant ear my dear
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2008
10:39 PM

Post #5696286

OOOOOOOOOOOhhh I see , will never forget! Dont know anything about them, soz dear!
Btw, I'm keeping the switches, they might come in handy!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 20, 2008
10:41 PM

Post #5696291

Hee, hee, you bad girl.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2008
10:51 PM

Post #5696330

me?

I am pleased to see Candee making use of our new potting shed! You did a tidy job on the tubers in there!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2008
11:07 PM

Post #5696396

Well not too tidy yet, must take them out, rinse and dry, but too cold to do it this evening. Hey those are my switches and I worked or "played" hard to acquire them folks!
I dug some shoots of the EE before the frost and have them in the tropical bedroom, so they will be back next year, but would not come back otherwise as they are not hardy here.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 20, 2008
11:28 PM

Post #5696471

Oh, ok. I'll just hafta wait till X-mas. Hey wait, there is a big pad of prickly pear outside. All is not lost. lol Just kidding y'all. I'm more inclined to indulge in chocolate like Sue.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2008
11:32 PM

Post #5696480

Hey did you say pears, ours at the cabin are finally ripening. Pear pie anyone?

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2008
11:34 PM

Post #5696489

Potting shed is massive and I love this little shed for some of the plastic pots.

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2008
11:53 PM

Post #5696569

finders keepers!

I need my beauty sleep! night night and sleep well all!

The turnip sisters are hanging around outside, looking for work! Do we need them??

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 21, 2008
12:08 AM

Post #5696629

Pear pie? when are you makin' it?????
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 21, 2008
12:19 AM

Post #5696680

Terri, I threw the lumpy paper machet goop out. Even after 4 days the fibers would not break down enough to knead into a smooth medium and I was too cheap to drive 30 miles one way to buy sculpy clay. So I used cardboard to give him 3 different levels for a bit of dimensional effect.

The twiggy plants are all painted on by hand. The "red" ones are a metalic copper acrylic paint just to add a bit of drama to his pond. I may have gone a bit overboard on the twigs and the bubbles but so far have resisted the urge to block any of them out.
He looks better in real life than on the computer. The back light on screen makes it look a bit garrish.

I have been trying to sketch out a rooster to do but so far I haven't come up with any I like. Sketching is not a great skill of mine.

Candee, pear pie? I've never heard of it but it sounds yummy!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 21, 2008
12:24 AM

Post #5696702

I was wondering why you were boiling the paper? I always cut it up small and blast it in the liquidizer with water!!!!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 21, 2008
12:38 AM

Post #5696799

LOL my blender flew south with my son and I read that slow boiling it for 24 hours would break it down. But after 72 hours it was still like it started out and I had to admit defeat. But shhhh...Bob thinks I used it and is trying to figure out where I hid the results...LOL he even looked in the attic crawl space :~) Luv to mess with my man!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 21, 2008
6:52 AM

Post #5698131

Oh, I feel much better today.
Hi Dianne! Glad your back. I can't wait for the link to your travel pics! I bet you saw some 'Good Stuff'. Terri's teapot is also great for the new look cafe'
Hi Star, sorry about your glads (my DH still reckons they are iris's, after all, what would I know?)
Candee, love those switches, they are perfect for the cafe, and so would the pear pie be. (still a bit peckish, seeing as no one will share their chockies *sniff, sniff*) Sorry about your EE's and Dahlias.
Zany, your turtle is gorge! I am loving the colours and textures.
Terri, I think we should definitely employ the turnip sisters, or at least give them a trial run! How are they at making raisin toast and cappucinos?
I bought in a fruit platter, as it's the beginning of the summer fruit season. Many more to come yet!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 21, 2008
6:53 AM

Post #5698136

Lucy Turnip has whipped up a plate for us to try. Have a taste and see if she'e worth hanging onto!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 21, 2008
6:54 AM

Post #5698139

I reckon it's not bad, but a bit on the blurry tasting side! Which Turnip sister is going to have a go next. Maybe she'll whip us up something different?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2008
11:40 AM

Post #5698438

Hey Sue that platter looks great. I just harvested our one pineapple on Sunday and we scarfed it right down w/o even taking a photo. LOL, Steve and I were like 2 starved animals as we stood at the counter cutting and biting until it was gone!
If Lucy Turnip is going to stick around, would someone please give her real butter for the toast, that looks and tastes a bit like margarine? Must admit the cappo is quite tasty.
Terri, if all three are going to be employed, could they do something with their hair, it really is a bit "yuck" for our new cafe. Perhaps if they got it trimmed and styled? Sorry to be so picky, but what might have looked okey dokey in the old cafe just doesn't work for me over here? Guess that is why I continue to get the switches LOL!
Zany, whatever the process for creating your designs it is working cause they do look fab! I don't have the foggiest idea of what you and Terri are talking about boiling, but the outcome is working!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

October 21, 2008
2:13 PM

Post #5698919

i here been busy trying to sale bear, and flower , and candle
at festival
here is a picture
elle

This message was edited Oct 21, 2008 9:15 AM
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

October 21, 2008
2:20 PM

Post #5698953

ooo
here the picture
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2008
4:13 PM

Post #5699422

Good display you have there elle, good luck with this one. Looks like your weather is good, hope you have a great turnout.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 21, 2008
4:44 PM

Post #5699548

Hi everyone! Busy busy in here, lovely to see the cafe doing well.
Zany, poor Bob! How long will you let him keep looking? Lol!
Sue, yum Love fresh fruit, great addition to the menu. The raisin toast looks fine, not burnt at least! are you sure that is butter? I'm kind of in agreement with Candee on the turnip sisters, they are a bit scruffy looking for the cafe. I was thinking they could work in the gardens and potting shed.(they were hanging around outside) I'm sure you need help at Brom Palace Sue! We could let them work in the kitchen washing up and stuff too!

Just remember what happened with Miss Bruggy, she looked the part, smart and very pleasant to look at but she broke the lattie machine and hasn't been seen since!!! lol

Ohhhhh Candee, I can just imagine your juicy pineapple, it must taste even sweeter when you grow it youreslf for 2 years!!

Hi elle! good to see you. Hope the sales go well, everything looks great! I love the little colourful teddy in the middle.

C'mon everyone set out your stalls! we are having a festival at the cafe this week, bring along anything handmade, flowers and potted plants, cuttings, pots and baskets... all your cool stuff!! artworks,crochet, cakes anything you've got!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 21, 2008
5:30 PM

Post #5699714

Plankgeek, would you consider having a henna tattoo and face painting stall? or maybe an Agony Aunt tent? Lol.

... dear plankgeek, my flowers don't love me anymore! What can I do?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 21, 2008
8:44 PM

Post #5700534

I think both ideas are quite excellent Terri. Oh my Agony Aunt, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.
How about a stall for those who overindulge-you know who you are. Call it Aunt Acid.

About you flowers, I'd eat them. All that yummy food y'all brought has made me hungry.
Seriously, what seems to be the problem?
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 21, 2008
10:35 PM

Post #5700962

You sent me skittering sideways to find out what a Agony Aunt is :~) LOL I found it on google of course! So now I'll have someone to run to with all my woes!!! Ya better make that tent big enough to set up a couple of cots cause we may be in there a while...
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2008
10:49 PM

Post #5701114

Okay now I gotta go google, jeez!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2008
10:52 PM

Post #5701121

Well "blow me down" mates, never heard of such a thing, spin of of Dear Abby? Anyway am very fortunate that I don't have any woes, I lead a charmed life and couldn't be married to better man, must be something in the name "Steven".
Now if anyone wants my secrets for happiness, dmail and I'll cut you a deal LOL!

This message was edited Oct 21, 2008 7:34 PM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 21, 2008
11:09 PM

Post #5701159

Huh? Didn't realise you no comprende me sometimes!
I see Candee's already poaching punters for the Agony Aunt gig!

Our festival will last all week so take your time and hunt for your treasures! Prizes for fancy stall holders!!

Plantgeek, I know you dont have a digital camera! Aunt Acid LoL!!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 21, 2008
11:16 PM

Post #5701196

Candee, I am so glad you lead a charmed life with your Prince Charming! That will leave more time for Agony Aunt to spend with me! Goodness, it has been a long time since I allowed myself a good whine so poor Aunty will want to change vocations before the first day is out as I catch up.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 21, 2008

Post #5701246

I see I'm gonna hafta break out my leathers here. This is a job for Captain B#tch-n Switch
(insert sound effects of squeaking leather)
Allrighty then, whose next?
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 21, 2008
11:33 PM

Post #5701251

Terri.. Took my new shoes out for a walk in the garden and found a cute little cafe, so I stopped to have a cup of coffee since I knew the machine here was broke.

Since I had fancy shoes, I ordered a fancy cup of coffee.

Thumbnail by starlight1153

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2008
11:44 PM

Post #5701299

Star, you need to bring their recipe over to the flowerpot, we need more of those, luscious! Are those straws for each of us, please, please???
Zany whining, now that's a good one? I don't believe it.
PGeek - Lovin the sound of squeaking leather - or are those just new shoes?

Bazaar in the cafe, what shall we present. I have a blanket, but not sure I really want to sell it with winter setting in. But if I get an offer I can't refuse, well then nuf said.

Now what else it lying around here that is no longer useful? No, not Steve LOL!

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2008
11:46 PM

Post #5701305

BTW Dianne, where are those trip photos, I could peruse them while I am searching for treasures for out bazaar?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 21, 2008
11:48 PM

Post #5701315

That is a fancy cup of coffee, really pretty! Next time you go to that cute little cafe Star, give me a call, I wanna go there! Thanks for sharing this cup!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 21, 2008
11:54 PM

Post #5701342

Whats your best price on the blanket? I'm just browsing at the moment, waiting for more stalls!! great start bring it on !!!!!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 22, 2008
12:42 AM

Post #5701549

I'll set up a table soon . . . I just need to figure out what to put on it... But you know I'll come up with something...

LOL Candee, I am out of practice but I think I can remember how to whine... err whimper ... or cry ...or sink into self pity ...or ... well, maybe not!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 22, 2008
12:52 AM

Post #5701596

I'm going to set my stall up tomorrow, can't wait!! Did you crochet your blanket Candee? nice pattern and lovely autumn colours. Looking forward to seeing all the treasures!! maybe we could do swaps for the blanket Candee? lol

Sue, hope you don't mind us having stalls in the cafe this week, you have cool stuff to barter with in cyber space, don't you? Lol!!

Steven, Hope you are feeling better? Get well soon and bring your bric a brac over to the cafe!!

Wonder if Dianne has presents for us????? LOL!!!

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 22, 2008
7:02 AM

Post #5702706

I've got little pine needle baskets to sell. they make a nice gitft if you fill with shells, or soaps e.t.c.
Agony Aunt. I've got nothing to whine about really, but lots to 'Wine' about! LOL
I might have a go with Acid Aunt! She'd be carrying a bottle of antacid tablets yeah?
I didn't see the margerine on the toast. How could you tell just by looking at it? oh, I know, the butter would have ripped the toast up when they tried to spread it!
I'll have to go and look through my market box, and see what else I have to offer for sale.

Thumbnail by weed_woman

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2008
11:56 AM

Post #5702985

Terri, yep made the blanket, I have crocheted quite a lot over the years. If you are interested there are lots of photos of the items on my webpage at hhcreations.com under the Home & Crafts tab.
Sue, are you sure you want to part with that basket, you know it will be gone quickly with all the basket "hoggers" we have here LOL! I am afraid to post mine, you are very brave to do so!
Nice try Zany, about what I expected, knew you didn't really have it in you! Now get to work on that table. I have to get a few more things on mine as well, just need to start looking round. I know I have a wood work of art that we haven't sold yet, has sort of an egyptian flare, yuk! Just the thing for a bazaar I guess.
Plantgeek - perhaps you could start with that leather you discarded, would likely sell now that we have leather furniture in here and it clashes with the sofa. Sure you have other treasures as well.
Steven, here is your chance to sell that book you have been writing!
Dianne - perhaps you can sell off souveniers from earlier holidays now that you are likely back with new items?
What are we going to do with the money we raise? Guess we should think about the hired help and perhaps uping the wages to get better quality? I notice the turnip sisters still haven't done a thing with their hair, perhaps we could send them to the salon with some of the proceeds?

This message was edited Oct 22, 2008 7:58 AM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 22, 2008
12:49 PM

Post #5703139

Hi Sue, Didn't mean to dis your margarine man! Butter only rips the toast if it's cold, ok I'm a butter snob!!!! Is there trouble brewin'? where's that switch???LoL!
Cute basket, please reserve for me!!! you have to get in here early folks to get the bargains.

Hi Candee, Thanks for your link, I will go and have a look see!
What are you afraid of? the big bad wolf? LOL maybe you need to have a word with Aunt Acid about those fears ! Let us be the judge of the 'yuks' ok?!
I had a word with the Turnip sisters and they said they don't 'do' hairdo's.

Well I'm home early 1/2 day at work today. Going to cut Sue's pineapple, scoff the lot then Start finding stuff for my stall.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2008
3:53 PM

Post #5703878

Hey if you keep the butter (land of lakes) on the counter it never rips the toast. And you can always soften it in the microwave if necessary. Sorry Sue, I can spot margarine light years away LOL! I am a cholesterol freak, the more the better LOL! It always drives me crazy when I see restaurants handing out those refrigerated pats of land of lakes right out of the freezer or somethin - I can put a half stick of butter on a half of a baked tater and still isn't enough for me.
I am leaving early today as well Terri, but to go to the salon to have my hair cut and styled - shall I take the turnip gals with me just for the heck of it, I can trick them and tell them we are going to the turnip patch for schnapps and shooters?
Hey if this pic sells then happy to laugh and yuk all the way to the bank! Will put her on the table or somethin soon as I get primped!!!
Do you think we should be reserving stuff before anyone else sees it? I mean if you want to make a trade or pay cash or credit fine, but just a hold, don't think so. What if I just show up with cash and want to buy right now? What then friend?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 22, 2008
4:11 PM

Post #5703925

Candee,you drive a hard bargain mate!!

Good idea, take the turnips, what harm can they come to? LoL
Glad you have decided to smarten yourself up toooo hahaha!

I'll be setting my stall up soon then I have to go out, please keep an eye on it for me while I'm gone, Thanks!!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2008
4:37 PM

Post #5704000

LOL, guess I told you I deserve the switches, you just won't believe me LOL!
Don't be long, I am only here until 1:30 then off to pick up the turnip gals and head to the beauty parlor!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 22, 2008
4:52 PM

Post #5704042

Roll up! Roll up! Get your Handbags here today!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 22, 2008
4:55 PM

Post #5704050

Dont be shy to ask for a closer look, if anything catches your eye!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2008
5:53 PM

Post #5704263

You my friend are an absolute creative genius. Particularly the one with the poseys popping out of the circular opening. How much is that one? Oh, forget it if I have to ask I can't afford it. Just bag it up for me and I'll meet you at the cash register. Now gotta run and get to the hair place, hope the turnips are waiting by the curb as I am running a bit late and must drive all the way home first and then go from there, whew! Hope there are a few dollars in the new bag case I need gas in my travels.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 22, 2008
6:14 PM

Post #5704336

Do you mean this one Madam?

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 22, 2008
6:34 PM

Post #5704406

I think I may have to take the one that has the flowers in the wire cage...It is like me, all the beauty is trapped inside the tough exterior...
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2008
10:33 PM

Post #5705305

LOL Zany you are tooooooooo much, you just make me laugh out loud, can you hear me now???
Yes Terri that is the one and I found $3.50 inside and bought some gas to go to the salon! I feel pretty, I feel pretty, I feel pretty and witty and wise LOL!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 22, 2008
11:00 PM

Post #5705384

**GRIN** Ya know that person they wanted you to set up on a blind date with your single brother or friend...the one when you ask what she looks like they say...Oh, she has a wonderful, sweet personality and a fantastic sense of humor...but they won't say she is short, fat and homely... just that she is beautiful on the inside...

LOL I am the one they were talking about. If beauty is skin deep, why does ugly go to the bone?... Oh well, I have that inner beauty going for me and darling Bob adores me in spite of my always picking on him.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2008
12:01 AM

Post #5705634

Never doubted it for a minute Zany you have mused me for years and Steve adores me inspite of a lot of things and I him as well. Having a zany, candy time is what life is all about. Now get this,
I took the turnips to the "hair dressr" with me and I actually got them in the door and I actually convinced turnip snip and turnip top to get theirs done, but turnip root would have nothing to do with it. Now should we hire them?
BTW Zany you shoulda seen Steves face when I was fixin dinner and I was telling him I was doing the hair on 3 turnips and had to get it done and then I did and lost the finished product and had to begin again, now you talk bout a good sport LOL, what fun we have.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2008
12:08 AM

Post #5705654

BTW I never did or set up any blind dates, all for one and one for all and you gotta go out and find it and get it yourself!
SO here is the wood work of art, she doesn't thrill me - we have done and sold lots of wood art but not this one, don't even want to put it up for sale in public as I really don't like anything about it.
Textured paint in the frame, slate painted background and all is wood and grooved and well you know what we do.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2008
12:21 AM

Post #5705714

Here is she a bit closer in the shoulder head area, so who is interested???
Nobody just as I expected LOL!

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2008
12:28 AM

Post #5705746

And I have this dried arrangement from years past that I could part with for a significant price, now I am talkin pricey, as this was not as easy to get as it looks.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2008
12:30 AM

Post #5705751

And now for my incredible indian basket woven and all the fringe and feathers , now bet Terri or Dianne or Sue or Steve or Zany or PlantGeek or Lurkers or Somebody can use this one!

Thumbnail by haighr

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 23, 2008
1:37 AM

Post #5706036

LUVin' the Turnip do's! So sheek and upscale.

The wood lady is pretty but not my style...no pics of anyone prettier than me allowed unless they are related. But that basket is lovely and would look wonderful anywhere.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 23, 2008
2:46 AM

Post #5706358

That basket is mine, and I want a handbag from butter snob, and I want my boobs to look like Cholesterol freaks, Wooden ladies, boobs, 'cause I haven't seen them that shape for about 18 years! LOL (in the mirror of course)
Those Turnip girls! I reckon we should get them to paint the feature wall, so as its ready for next week and we can try a different colour scheme.
Maybe one of zany's artistic creations would make a nice back drop? Any ideas?
more baskets? These ones have a carved bone necklace attached

Thumbnail by weed_woman

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 23, 2008
7:59 AM

Post #5707004

Weed, those baskets are so cute. You could fill them with anything from seashells to chocolates and they would make perfect gifts. Guess I better print some money so I can buy a couple dozen of them at the festival.

OK, I put a lot of work into my booth... so step right in...

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 23, 2008
10:50 AM

Post #5707097

Oooh, I'll have to have the carved bone necklace. Weed, set one basket aside for me if you don't mind. If I had a camera :lol: I'd show you the collossal box of chocolates I made-
bourbon balls, turtles the size of Volkswagons, pecan brittle dipped in chocolate, a couple of virgins dipped in chocolate... oops, those are mine, get out of there y'all, nothing but truffle those two... and that reminds me, just in - chocolate covered licourice whips.

Everything looks soooo wonderful. Y'all are awesome. I'm sure we will clean house with this bazzare.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2008
11:48 AM

Post #5707196

Okay Zany here's my $10, now what is it you see here in me? You don't necessarily have to tell all darlin! You obviously now see what I mean about this wood work, not my cuppa java either!

Sue I knew you would want that basket and so would Terri and you beat her to it. Can't believe you paid such a hefty price I had on it, but guess you have saved up for this. BTW those cholesterol boobs are not a copy of any I have ever seen. Remember in art you can create what you have never seen only dream of LOL!

Plantgeek - I can see those chocolates even though you think I can't and I tell you when Sue lays eyes on them, they are gonna be gone, be careful the blast of air when she hits the door doesn't knock you down!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2008
11:51 AM

Post #5707203

I almost forgot, I don't mind if the turnip gals do some work around here, but don't let them change the colors, I really like the green Sue! I believe all of us do and are planning our decor and arrangements and china and such around the new mod theme! They can touch up the scratches we have made already in rearranging some of the planters and such, but please not the color, it is really starting to grow on me.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2008
12:45 PM

Post #5707338

Did you mean this one Madam Zanymuse?
Good choice! this one is in keeping with the cafe theme, angular and metalic!! (just incase I didn't sell anything) they can decorate the cafe'! Notice the handle made with Gladioli, suggested by Star. Actually I'm surprised Star missed out on that one... LoL!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2008
1:00 PM

Post #5707383

Hi Candee! You are lookin' lovely today with your new hairdo! Oh Fabulous job done getting the turnips through the salon door, well done! They look great ! Dont worry about turnip 3 she'a already been mashed with a carrot! very tastey too LoL!

So sorry to break this bad news... the turnip sisters got caught in a storm on the way home last night... they are so upset their hairdos got ruined , but they still turned up for work, so that is good!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2008
1:08 PM

Post #5707408

Oh BTW, may I buy your painting? The frame alone is worth more than what you are asking for it!! I was wondering you would consider working on it a little for me?
I see a possible Gaugain! Add a jungle background, give the Tahiti girl an suntan, put a flower in her hair... a masterpiece with vibrant colours... Let me know when I can have another viewing..!

The dried arrangement is gorgeous! I'll see if I have any cash left for that at the end of the week!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2008
1:34 PM

Post #5707525

Hello Sue... still mates????? lol.

Love your baskets, but I'm not going to indulge in those today!
Waiting for the Broms and other plants to arrive!! Which handbag were you interested in?

Madam Zanymuse, great idea ! Beautifully presented booth, I'm sure you will attract lots of customers to the cafe.

Plantgeek, cool chocolates , please save some for me!!

This message was edited Oct 23, 2008 3:07 PM

This message was edited Oct 23, 2008 5:11 PM
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

October 23, 2008
2:24 PM

Post #5707717

look what i found for the cafe
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2008
4:15 PM

Post #5708204

Hi elle, Good find! It's about time we had some more greenery in here!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 23, 2008
5:31 PM

Post #5708496

Terri, the handle looks marvelous. You amaze me with your style in arrangements. So versatile!

Candee, look deep into the crystal ball...deeper...deeper...there...I can see ... yes, I see you on a snow machine with a big box strapped onto it... You are laughing and a tall handsome fellow named Steve is pouting because he lost the race to the cabin and has to haul the firewood in all weekend... ... ... ... and later by the fire I see... oops... private moments... guess I can't tell all ... at least not on DG!

Elle, what kind of plant is that? It is sure going to look great in the Cafe over the winter months.

plantgeek88, that chocolate brittle sounds wonderful. I'd like to order a couple boxes. Yummmmm

The poor Turnip sisters sure were brave to come in to work after that storm messed up their fab hair do's but I think they still look charming. Ms Bruggie has some competition.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2008
6:23 PM

Post #5708636

Do those gals have any idea how much time and money I spent on those dos for them. How thoughtless to just head out into a wind storm. Dang! Glad one of them was useful in your stew!
Wow, Zany, impressive had no idea you were so right on in your readings. You must have been doing this for a long time.
Elle that orange is just the touch for against the olive wall, looking great. You should put it on a table and sell it to the cafe during this weeks' bazaar.
Sorry Terri, but once these are glued, painted and have the finish put on they cannot be tweeked. I told you it wasn't a prize, but great ideas you have. We do have one of a "chick" laid out on the nude beach under and umbrella and one that is southwest in the desert if you would like to take a peek, but suggest you just stop by our house when in town or visit the webpage for details and prices - not sure they would sell well at a bazaar.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2008
6:25 PM

Post #5708648

Now, I know we are in the middle of the bazaar, but please allow me to introduce Madame Woodonthewall. She has been a member of our family for many years since my mother passed. We have become so fond of her that she now adorns herself with my motherís favorite jewelry. We have been talking about the cafť and all the wonderful folks involved in its creation and development and maintenance and she is quite interested in helping us out. She herself has suggested becoming our hostess (with the mostest). She is very elegant and well bred and a class act, not stuffy nor stuck up at all. We call her Woodsy and she would love for all of us to call her that as well. She would happily greet customers, get them comfortably seated or just give them a tour of our facility. In addition she would be proud to serve our latte and other hor dourves (horsey durveys).

Donít worry she doesnít smoke, that is just one of her fetishes, she loves to carry a cigarette holder. It has diamonds (well rhinestones, but she doesnít know that) going down the side of the holder. Kinda of an actual part of her that she just wonít give up.

Now I must emphasize, Woodsy does draw the line at certain things. She does not do windows, nor dishes (she canít put down the cigarette holder), she does NOT dance on the tables but will introduce our entertainers. She doesnít lift heavy items, but she is happy to do some light gardening on the terrace (which by the way is through the door to her right). She canít work early mornings as it does take some time to do that hairdo of hers and get that makeup on and no late evenings as she needs her beauty sleep. She is available all afternoons, early evenings until about 9pm and occasionally on the weekends.

So what do you think, give her a big welcome? She may even purchase a few items here at the bazaar and is willing to work the cash register for us!

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2008
7:11 PM

Post #5708788

Thank you Zany! Hope your bag comes in handy, please call at my handbag stall again sometime!!

Well, Good evening Woodsy! Sure is nice to have a bit of 'eye' candy in here!

Shame about the painting Candee, I thought you would be able to work on it like you do so well with your computer skills, oh well never mind!! if you don't need my monopoly money
... lucky you Lol!

I might just add it wasn't the turnip sisters fault, they were waiting at the bus stop and a lorry went by and sprayed them.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

October 23, 2008
7:20 PM

Post #5708822

sorry do not know name of flower
ot seed no name
any one know
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2008
7:25 PM

Post #5708833

Is it a french marigold, tagets?

NOTICE BOARD
Flower quiz at the cafe next week!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 23, 2008
7:35 PM

Post #5708858

Woodsy, Dahling! It is so good to have you at the Cafe! Thank you so much for holding my favorite table. How do you stay so lean and elegant working around all these scrumptious eats?

Well, I have to get to work a bit early so Bob can take off for Frisco again. Poor dear is scared they may have to aputate his foot if they can't get the infection cleared up again. I'm not big on worrying...doesn't help ... but have to admit it doesn't look good right now. Wish I could go with but finances won't allow that.

See ya later!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2008
7:35 PM

Post #5708862

There are no stall restrictions here at the cafe! Have as many tables as you like... lol

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2008
7:37 PM

Post #5708864

Poor Bob, Hope everything goes well for him Zany.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2008
7:59 PM

Post #5708927

Don't worry about your booth while you are at work Madam Zanymuse, I have found an assistant to for you!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 23, 2008
8:59 PM

Post #5709163

Welcome Mademe Woodsy. Have some chocolates? A cup of fresh chai?

Here are two boxes just for you Zany.

Haighr, not to worry about Sue. That's what the licourice whips are for, "back you beastie"!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2008
9:08 PM

Post #5709201

Greetings Plantgeek! How are you on this fine day? May I interest you in one of my creative handbags? I'll do you a good price!!!!! lol
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 23, 2008
9:23 PM

Post #5709256

I'm just peachy, thank you Terri. Why yes, I'd love one of your beautifully creative handbags. Gotta have somewhere to stash the bone in my nose when I come to this lovely abode. lol

The assistant you found for Madame Zany is a riot!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2008
9:36 PM

Post #5709290

Hey, I don't mind the bone in your nose!!!! feel free to wear it around here. Maybe take it out if the 'Ladies' ever show up !!! I thought Jean might show up with her paintings and plants to ask for a stall. and sammut must have loads of spare carpets lol! Had a great ride home from Sue's on that magic carpet, BTW.

Is Madam Zanymuse's assistant ok? What did she tell you?

Which handbag would Madam like to see?

This message was edited Oct 23, 2008 10:49 PM

This message was edited Oct 23, 2008 10:51 PM
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 23, 2008
10:02 PM

Post #5709351

She said that she has many spectacularly juicy stories, but I'd have to wait for the book, which she will sign of course.

I do believe I'll take the one on the far left in front. That one looks like too much fun.

Best of luck to you and your husband Zany.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2008

Post #5709368

Zany - you and Bob are wished the best here and we will keep you in our thoughts that all goes better than expected.
I'd like to get a layaway of the book plantgeek. No need to get it signed, just want the pages and the photos!
Sorry Terri, I just can't control everything, surprise! Now you aren't buying that are you.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2008
10:17 PM

Post #5709390

Yes I'll buy it as seen Thank you Candee!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 23, 2008
10:18 PM

Post #5709396

Your wish is granted. One spicy page turner coming up.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 23, 2008
10:20 PM

Post #5709400

Make that two. lol Ahh heck, I'll order a dozen.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2008
11:23 PM

Post #5709601

Are you sure Terri, don't want you being sorry after the fact that you got stuck with a bad one. And it isn't cheap althought it isn't neat!
Okay so I am getting a book. Yippee, can't wait to read page 39, Zany told me that where it gets juicy!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2008

Post #5709625

I'm sure! As a matter of fact, I think she's quite charming and may be a good investment!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2008
11:54 PM

Post #5709688

Well that is what some of our customers think, so enjoy. I am just glad she is gone! I almost feel bad that you didn't ask me to come down on the price, cause I would have since she has been collecting dust here for some time!

Now look at this here comes Madame Woodsy, already enamoured with Sue and she barely knows here except through me???
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 24, 2008
12:22 AM

Post #5709823

'Night everyone. Gotta go snuggle up with sweetie (she's feeling a bit neglected).
The snakes say goodnight too.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 24, 2008
12:29 AM

Post #5709838

Night, enjoy!
Now look at that , here she comes now.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 24, 2008
12:33 AM

Post #5709850

Just for Sue, where are you ?

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 24, 2008
12:35 AM

Post #5709853

Terri are you up for a cuppa, this one is for you? I am lovin these walls Sue what a great painter you found, please keep the turnips away from changin them.

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 24, 2008
12:43 AM

Post #5709882

'Night plantgeek!

Wow Candee, she looks stunning! Thanks for the cuppa, just what I needed!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 24, 2008
1:01 AM

Post #5709954

I thought you looked like you could use a pick me up
Thanks she is quite something to look at, she gets quite the eye when folks come to our home.

This message was edited Oct 23, 2008 9:03 PM
BTW the nicks you see are my photography, not her physic.

This message was edited Oct 23, 2008 9:04 PM
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 24, 2008
1:21 AM

Post #5710008

Forgot to mention, and hope everyone likes and is not allergic to Mz. Puss, cause Madame Woodonthewall goes nowhere without her. Hope she too is welcome and can just laze around as windowdressing?

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 24, 2008
2:24 AM

Post #5710195

Oh Beautiful, Mz Puss will be most welcome! I'm sure everyone will love her. Thank you.

Here's a little gift for you Candee. It's a Victorian Tussie-Mussie, made with Roses and Lavender .
Good night Dear friend.

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2008
5:00 AM

Post #5710675

Well well... you have certainly been busy today while I was at work! I see new floral arrangements, a book has been written, a new cafe kitty, I got not one but two boxes of candy and a lovely assistant who celebrated her new job by getting herself thoroughly potted (all puns intended). I think I may need a box of those licorice whips to keep her in line.

I guess most of you are tucked in for the night now so I'm going to get Bob's kit packed for his trip. He'll leave at midnight and if they don't put him in the hospital he'll be home tomorrow night sometime. In the meantime I'm going to try to chill out with a hot pot of tea and try to get some rest so I am not dragging my tushy all day tomorrow ;~)
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 24, 2008
11:57 AM

Post #5711035

Oh Terri I am going to find a special place for my Tussie, it is gorgeous. You are just the best.
Zany you and Bob will be in my thoughts today with all good prosperous thoughts. We are going out of town this afternoon so won't be back on until Sunday and will check in with you first thing on my return.
I was down in the game room this morning and found a few more items for the bazaar. Here is a basket with an old dreary arrangement that I am sure someone can purchase and spice up.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 24, 2008
11:59 AM

Post #5711043

Then I spotted Mr. Jack E. Lope sitting there looking bored and lonely and thought he might like a new home so he is up for grabs, just be careful you don't grab his horns. Steven, is he a friend you might like, oh no better yet I bet plantgeek will have him before anyone even sees him!

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 24, 2008
12:01 PM

Post #5711050

Last but not least, I am getting tired of having Mr. Godzilla Man staring at me when I am trying to shoot the eight ball so he is up on the auction block as well. Haven't priced him as you just make me an offer and he is yours.

Thumbnail by haighr

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 24, 2008
12:15 PM

Post #5711098

Hey, who took my picture on a bad hair day?
Actually, I love that sketching. I'll take it! How 'bout I trade you for a box of chocolates and some whips?
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 24, 2008
12:21 PM

Post #5711115

My.. my ..my.. busy busy folks and all these new people running around. Figure everybody needs to keep their energy up, so here to start the day off is a fresh picked/squeezed glass of orange juice.

Everybody grab a glass a vitiamin C now. Then back to having fun. : )

Thumbnail by starlight1153

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 24, 2008
12:33 PM

Post #5711150

Hee, hee... yummers, that sure went down smooth.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 25, 2008
12:05 AM

Post #5713098

Hi everyone!

Have a good weekend Candee, Love the crooked handle basket, I'll take it!!

Hope it's good news for Bob Zany. Is Madam Zanymuse reading tonight? What do you see for me in your crystal ball????

Thanks for the orange juce Star, nice to see your flowers!

G'day plantgeek! hows it going mate? sold many chocs today?...

Sue, Have you gone walkabout or what??????????? LOL!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 25, 2008
9:19 AM

Post #5714089

Hi all. Thanks for all your happy thoughts. It looks like they are going to be able to save Bob's foot but the damage is extreme. They did the surgery this evening and said the bones show no sign of desease. The soft tissue loss is major though and he will be in the hospital at least a week and maybe longer. Then Disability for 6 month to a year and propably forced early retirement after that... Major lifestyle changes are headed our way but as the say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" so watch out... we may need superman/woman costumes soon ;~)

Terri, I see tall willowy branches and lots of greenery in your future. I also see grey skies ahead but you will brighten the gloom with your wonderful arrangements and everyone around will forget the weather as they gaze upon them. I also see you in a stunning new outfit...So go shopping!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 25, 2008
12:16 PM

Post #5714283

Hi Zany, So pleased to hear Bob's foot can be saved. Wish him well and lets hope for a speedy recovery.
Thank you for my wonderful reading, Oh I can't wait to go shopping LOL!

Just popping in with one for the Ladies room...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 25, 2008

Post #5714288

and one for the Gents...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 25, 2008
12:21 PM

Post #5714296

Mr and Mrs Leafy !

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 25, 2008
12:30 PM

Post #5714322

Hello everyone!

Roll up! Roll up! New stalls welcome at the cafe...

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 25, 2008
1:07 PM

Post #5714425

Glad to hear the good news Zany. I can only imagine that the rest will not be easy, so I wish you both the best. I'll get to work immediately on the costumes, as I have much leather to re-fabricate.

Love the new decor Terri. Very nice.
I have sold much chocolately goodness, so much that I moved the Aunt Acid booth next to the chocolate booth. Get them coming and going.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 25, 2008
1:24 PM

Post #5714498

Thank you Plantgeek! They were inspired by Bob and Zany... funny thing is, they hate to be apart and already I caught them together!!

So everything is groovy with your stalls, good good! I'm going to set up by you with my next stall, ok!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 25, 2008
2:11 PM

Post #5714640

Roll up! Roll up! ... Get your fresh cakes here today!

No pushing , No shoving, form an orderly line please!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 25, 2008
2:13 PM

Post #5714648

Get your cakes here today!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 25, 2008
2:16 PM

Post #5714655

Bb q'd carrot cake ...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 25, 2008
2:17 PM

Post #5714658

Merinque...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 25, 2008
2:19 PM

Post #5714665

Thinking of you all! Roll up! Roll up!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 25, 2008
3:22 PM

Post #5714803

I almost forgot a very special cake, come in and have a slice!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

October 25, 2008
3:42 PM

Post #5714857

how about zucchini bread
the whole one for work
and the other for us
want a pices
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 25, 2008
3:43 PM

Post #5714858

Oh wow!!!!!!!!!!! Pushes evrybody else aside so I cna get first dibs on evrything. Just what I need. Been outside and am froze to the bone and hungry as a piece of thread looking for a needle.

Have flyswatter handy so wil smack any hands I see tryign to sneak pieces before I have my fill. Sop much for the diet, but I can't resist cake. YUMMMMYYYYYY . Thanks to the chef.

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 25, 2008
3:48 PM

Post #5714876

Oh yes, Elle. I got the butter dish and a knife. No paper plates so we wil have to use the good dishes.

I don't what ya used for our personalized cakes Terri, but it cute. I have to eat evrybody elses so I cna save mine. Wil put it in the freezer.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 25, 2008
4:08 PM

Post #5714926

Ah, Mistress Star.. so you are the real Agongy Aunt. lol
I agree, the personalized cakes are awesome. Way to go Terri! You are the woman.
My belly rumbles mightily, so I must sample the wares... Ummm... Wow... Yummm!
I'm so glad you set up next to me Terri.
I think we need something to wash all this goodness down. Star, do you still have some of that wonderful OJ?

Those two are very cute BTW. Let's give them some space. hee, hee, hee

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 25, 2008
4:09 PM

Post #5714930

Hi elle and Star, Wish I could taste the Zuccini bread for real! still haven't tried it. LOL
Thanks elle, sorry ran out of 'E's for all the names with the chocolate letters.
Maybe Aunt Acid is carrying some on her chocy table?

Slow down Star! you wont be able to get out the door if you eat them all! Thank you!
Have a coffee with those cakes and warm up a bit!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 25, 2008
4:20 PM

Post #5714978

Hi plantgeek, Thanks! Please dont let Star scoff all the cakes!! I'm going out for a while, will you run my stalls for a few hours please?
Oh yes the Orange juce was delicious, such a treat to have freshly squeezed around here!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 25, 2008
9:18 PM

Post #5715894

Sorry Terri, I was eating... I mean guarding the cakes. And that very yummy zuchinni bread too. Mmmmm Mmmmm.

One chocky letter E coming up.
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 26, 2008
2:32 AM

Post #5716915

Well, if i can't get out the door ya all wil just have to keep making me more and mroe cakes , but I could be on 24 hour coffee duty. : )
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 26, 2008
7:10 AM

Post #5717408

Well, Terri beat me to claiming the basket so I cloned it ;~)

starlight1153, I know you enjoyed the cakes and am sure glad Terri hid some under the counter for the rest of us.

Elle, that was the best Zuccini bread I've ever had. Yummmy!

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 26, 2008
10:10 AM

Post #5717499

What? Wheres all the cakes? I'm gone for a couple of days and you greedy lot ate them all! Even my special one from terri! Humphf! *crossed arms and big frown*
I actually did drop in yesterday, and thought I'd posted, but looking back, it doesn't seem to be there? Nevermind.
Glad Bob is good Zany. It must be a worrying time for you. You sound like the sort who can roll with the punches, so I'm as sure as Madam Zany that all will be well!
PG, drop that bit of cake now! It has "SU" on it! Did you eat my chocolat "E"?
Terri, PG's eating all the cakes!
Thats it I'm off to the bathroom to wash the tears off! OMG, Star is stuck in the doorway! LOL. She'll have to stay there until she burps, (or worse)
I might have to use the mens! (woo hoo, is there anyone in there?) No? Good.
Oh whats this? Mr Leafy? who's hiding in that stall? Mrs leafy *shocked surprise* Lucky you two are married!
Wow, it's been a rollercoaster ride for me today! Think I'll help myself to a cuppa thanks Terri. You've done such a good job of keeping us all fed and watered throughout the festival.
Oh Elle, you darlin' a peice of Zuchinni bread just for me! Thanks pal, elle!
Goodnight all
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 26, 2008
12:18 PM

Post #5717647

Not to worry Sue. I have a bundle of chocky whips just for you. lol

Star honey, Aunt Acid is here. And she brought some Crisco just in case.
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 26, 2008
12:44 PM

Post #5717706

Oh my. I am laughing so hard I have to hold my sides. Nopthing like being stuck in the door and having to stay there til I burp.

I gonna be laughing all day over that one. I need a tissue for the laughter tears a rooling. heheheheheheheh

And Crisco. I'll look like a greased piggy. hahahahahhahaha
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 26, 2008
12:52 PM

Post #5717725

That's ok Star, you'll do us proud. lol
(for those who heve not seen the old Crisco commercial with Lorretta Lynn: she holds up a can of Crisco for the camera, big, big smile and say's " Use Crisco. It'll do you proud.")

Oooh, too many cakes.Oh Aunty Acid...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 26, 2008
1:01 PM

Post #5717748

Hi everyone!

Zany, I love how you transformed those baskets, they look beautiful. Shame Candee didn't spruce the basket up herself, it would sell for alot more now!!

Not to worry Sue, like zany said, I have more cakes hidden away!!
I think you were dreaming about posting yesterday Sue!!
WoW!!!!!!!!!!! on the gorgeous arrangement,,, so pretty, great shape!! Oh so glad we have our 'sunday best 'arrangement today.. Thank you., I'll put in the entrance to greet the customers next to Mz Woodonthewall. It's all looking very fancy in here!

Star, that would be great if you could be on 24hr coffee duties, will you fix me up a capacino (sp)!!please?

Thanks? for minding my stall PG , are there ANY cakes left? did anyone buy a handbag.?
... c'mon hand over the takings LOL!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 26, 2008
1:18 PM

Post #5717796

Hee, hee. Of course there are more cakes, well, maybe just one. But I saved it for you. Really I did. snicker, snicker
You cleaned up on the handbags. Sold every one. Here's the cash and I'll even throw in a few chocky whips for eating all of your cakes. 'scuse me... burrp
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 26, 2008
4:04 PM

Post #5718268

Paedon you!

Sold every single one? Wooo Hooo!

Madam Zanymuse was right! I've already been shopping and spent every penny!
Infact, I had to buy a trunk to put all my outfits in. Lol

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 26, 2008
4:13 PM

Post #5718313

What was that strange noise? Star...was that you? Why are you all greased up? Deat me, you sure got yourself into trouble didn't you!

Sue, that arrangement is splendid! I can see I may need to take some floral arrangement classes to fit in here.

Well, today is catch up day. I have to get all the errands done that Bob usually takes care of and then get busy catching up on my own. Lol Laundry and bill paying, shopping and mopping, gotta get gas while I'm out too. I noticed it dropped to 2.90 a gal yesterday here. It will probably rise again right after the election... I gotta find me a bicycle!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 26, 2008
5:29 PM

Post #5718574

Found you one Zany!!!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 26, 2008
6:29 PM

Post #5718734

LOL Terri, it is perfect. A bicyle with a built in basket for me (I have been called a basket case so often I believe it ;~)

Well, I finally got the bills made out and took a much needed soak in the tub, so it is off to town to put things in the mail drop and pick up necessities. I sure hope my short little legs can reach the pedals.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 27, 2008
12:01 AM

Post #5719927

Zany dear you must be exhausted, don't wear yourself out as it sounds you will have your hands full for quite a while, but happy to hear that Bob will not lose his foot. Things will work out for you, you have the faith to make anything work to your advantage.
Love the bike Terri got for you, but a bit rickety, so take care with it.
Oh my Terri, so many cakes and cupcakes, never saw so much food, so where did it all go? All I saw were crumbs? Now I am not as sensitive as Sue, so you won't find me bawling in the bathroom, I'll just be hanging at the oven door waiting for you to make me one more!
Love you new duds, you musta really gone shopping "uptown". But what is with the boa and the shiny boots?
Plantgeek, you you have any choc covered strawberries? They always sell good.
Star, are you sore? Sounds like you were in a tough spot, how you aren't bruised too much. I wish I had been there to see you stuck, sounds hilarious!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 27, 2008
12:34 AM

Post #5720017

Huff, Puff, Whew! I forgot how much excercise a bike is when you have to go uphill. I am going to need to trade the wicker bike in on a tenspeed or better yet a moped...do they still make mopeds?

MMMM did someone say chocholate covered strawberries? where are they? Who's hiding them? Anyone want to join me on a chocholate covered strawberry hunt?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 27, 2008
12:41 AM

Post #5720037

Brrrrrp... what strawberries? hehehe OK, yes, there are chocky berries...somewhere. Find the cratefull of them and you get a free box. Ready... go!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 27, 2008
12:45 AM

Post #5720052

Hi Candee, Nice to see you back. Did you have a good weekend?

Sorry about the cakes, I didn't expect them to go so fast! Next time I'm baking I'll make sure you are at the cafe!
The boa and shinny boots are for Plantgeek (for her next Birthday).
I did see a chocolate fountain on plantgeeks stall earlier, with fresh strawberries to dip in.

Our clocks changed today, we are no longer in British summer time! Getting up in the dark and getting home in the dark... I don't like it!!! Oh well, at least it's always bright and warm here at the cafe' in cyber space. Lol!

Have a good week everyone!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 27, 2008
1:14 AM

Post #5720139

I found these in the cooler and it looks like there are a lot more hiding in there too.

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 27, 2008
11:55 AM

Post #5721070

Our clocks finally change this weekend and I will be happy for a while as I have been driving to work in the dark for longer than a month now. When they change it will be light when I leave in the morning at least for a little while. Can't imagine leaving and then getting home after dark as well? You must put in a very long day Terri.
Had a great Aby weekend, she loved the Powerwheel Jeep we got for her and although only 2 she drove it a bit herself, not much at steering yet, but loves going backwards (guess she takes after her grandma!)
Wish I had found those before dinner Zany as I am actually still too full this morning to have one, perhaps I'll get more out later in the day for a nice snack. Plantgeek musta hid them in there thinking we wouldn't bother to open the lid on the cooler, especially after the last time, when we found those beers in there LOL!
Zany, if you find a moped, please get a helmet we don't want you bumping your head or something. I'll look when I get home, I might have something you can use???
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2008

Post #5721131

Morning evrybody, when somebody gets a chance, can we have a new thread, please, getting hard for me to load up. Thanks for all that grease, I managed to get out the door and just in time too cuz racing against the clock now to bring evrythign in or get it under cover with the frist and the biter, biter cold front high winds coming in and aroudn today. Still gotta a bunch to do, moved about 2,000 pots undr shelters yesterday and stil got about as many to move or get covered today.

Gotta figure out where I gonan try and to a bunch of tuber begonias that I picked from a sale that are way to young to make tubers yet and wil freeze if left out side.

oh why winter have to come so soon especially when yoru not ready for it.

Sue, what a pretty basket, looks like it took ya alot of hard work to get it up into that shape.

LoL cute bicycle. Now I got that old timey song about a bicycle built for two running in my head. Can't remember who wrote it.

Well, off another shower, stil tryign to get the Crisco out of my pores. : )
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 27, 2008
7:57 PM

Post #5722874

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/917795/
Jump on the flying carpet and come to the Flowerpot Cafe' XV. Its a much shorter walk once you've been there.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America