Photo by Melody

Article: Aunt Bett's Gingerbread: Wild Ginger: Loved it!

Communities > Forums > Article: Aunt Bett's Gingerbread: Wild Ginger
bookmark
Forum: Article: Aunt Bett's Gingerbread: Wild GingerReplies: 2, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Aunt_A

October 8, 2008
1:27 AM

Post #5645131

Another great article. Thanks for sending some smiles; I can almost smell that brown bread w/ ginger. Mom used to make ginger bread in tin cans from soup and such. I wouldn't do that now, but love the smell. I might just try your recipe...

...unless, of course you said that you were sending out ginger bread to the first 19 posts, your posts included. In that case, looks like I'm #19. I've either got good timing or I can count really fine.

LOL

Thanks again!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

October 8, 2008
2:14 AM

Post #5645300

Well, goodness, April...hmmmmmm...I don't remember making that promise, but I'll tell you what, if I get on a baking kick anytime soon, and if I can find some wild ginger, and if I also can find a big iron skillet, I will share for sure.
On the other hand, I would have to season the iron skillet for a while, so that might take some time, because it has to be really black and well greased. And of course I can't look for wild ginger this late because I didn't mark it earlier...By the time I get it ready to bake, it might be somewhere in late fall 09, so you can expect it then. OK?

You always make me smile. Thank you.
Sharon
Aunt_A

October 8, 2008
4:29 AM

Post #5645789

I'll be waiting by my mailbox; hubby and I camped out like folks waiting for the next donut shop to open. (Donuts yuck...I'd rather have ginger bread than donuts).

LOL

Thanks again for a wonderful article.

April

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Aunt Bett's Gingerbread: Wild Ginger Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Another winner Hemophobic 23 Oct 22, 2008 12:38 AM
Yum phicks 1 Oct 7, 2008 10:19 PM
Smiling Once again! Seedtosser1 1 Oct 7, 2008 11:02 PM
Ginger hope43 1 Oct 8, 2008 2:16 AM
Sweet article Raggedyann 2 Oct 9, 2008 9:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America