Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Aunt Bett's Gingerbread: Wild Ginger: Sweet article

Communities > Forums > Article: Aunt Bett's Gingerbread: Wild Ginger
bookmark
Forum: Article: Aunt Bett's Gingerbread: Wild GingerReplies: 2, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Raggedyann
Lawrenceville, GA
(Zone 7b)

October 9, 2008
12:32 AM

Post #5648957

Your articles are always very informative and I appreciate them so much! Gingerbread cookies are one of my fave things to bake during the holidays. You are very lucky to have Aunt Bett and her traditions. Thanks for keeping them alive!

Susan

For some reason I've kept this book from 1953. It's falling apart but the colors are so vivid and my son loves the story.

Thumbnail by Raggedyann
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

October 9, 2008
2:47 AM

Post #5649479

Oh my goodness, Susan...what a great keepsake you have. I have a few of my old books, but don't have that one. It would have been fun to use that picture in the article.
I am so glad you like the articles, and look forward to your comments. I think they bring back memories for a lot of folks.
My Ninna was named Susan, and so is my daughter.
Thank you for writing, where is Lawrenceville?
sharon
Raggedyann
Lawrenceville, GA
(Zone 7b)

October 9, 2008
9:30 PM

Post #5652321

The book is older than I am! lol
I also have a thing for gingerbread men/women Christmas ornaments, cookie cutters, so did my mom. Her middle name was Sue :) That is sweet to name your daughter after your Ninna.
Lawrenceville in northeast of Atlanta. We are a little over an hour from the mountains. Wish we were closer, there are too many people here and still more moving in, building houses...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Aunt Bett's Gingerbread: Wild Ginger Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Another winner Hemophobic 23 Oct 22, 2008 12:38 AM
Yum phicks 1 Oct 7, 2008 10:19 PM
Smiling Once again! Seedtosser1 1 Oct 7, 2008 11:02 PM
Loved it! Aunt_A 2 Oct 8, 2008 4:29 AM
Ginger hope43 1 Oct 8, 2008 2:16 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America