Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the Spring: Care of NERIUM OLEANDER

Communities > Forums > Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the Spring
bookmark
Forum: Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the SpringReplies: 2, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
alibabette
Ottawa,, ON

October 10, 2008
12:56 PM

Post #5654566

Ibrought my oleander in from outside 2 weeks ago.I keep it in a sunny position.Do I have to prune it and remove the old flowering twigs?I live in Ottawa, Ontario Canada

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 10, 2008
6:45 PM

Post #5655801

Gosh, alibabette, I frankly don't know, but I know if you hang around long enough you'll find someone who does know! Try posting your question here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/b_gardentalk/all/

Good luck!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 1, 2009
6:31 AM

Post #7122581

Carrie, great article and a very good advice ! I'm using this method with some of my plants in the garden. For example, I'm going to divide the irises now and they will be fine in spring when it's their blooming time. I also planted a few rose cuttings under plastic bottles and they will grow very well during winter.

Bette, you just found the one who know all about the oleander. I have one too and I'm always trimming it back before I get him back inside . We have hard winters too here. Also, you may want to spray with an insecticide for pests and then make him a shower so he could be clean inside .
Happy Gardening,
Adina

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the Spring Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Fall is for planting, fer sure vossner 7 Sep 8, 2008 4:35 PM
Gladiolus bulbs Gisforgran 11 Aug 13, 2014 9:48 PM
Fall is for planting CHOOD 7 Sep 9, 2008 9:09 AM
Platycodon in Zone 6 Patches001 2 Oct 1, 2009 2:04 PM
thank you Carrie! JacalynFromCanada 1 Sep 9, 2008 9:22 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America