We were given one of these and need ideas!

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

I am posting this in a couple of forums to get as many ideas as I can. It hold 260 gals. Then I can present them to DH.. I want to make the best use of it I can in case we never get another.

Thumbnail by ves522
Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

ok.. this is some really interesting resource material.

I have a large plastic container that I am planning on using to haul water to some trees that I am going to plant some ways from the house. I have a small trailer and am going to put the tank on it..

I love the fact that you have a metal frame around it.. I would love to know it history.. and I love to reuse what others no longer find a use for..

Does it have an opening of any kind on its top?

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Make a rain catcher out of it.

Gentry, AR

i have 4 of these i made tanks to raise fish in the run the water from the tanks to feed my hydrophonic veggies the back to the fish take. the waste from the fish feed the plants and the plants take out all the bad stuff for the fish nothing other than food for the fish is needed.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

gthumbus, I would love to see a couple pictures of that set up.. What kind of fish? Do you catch rain water in the for the fish?

Gentry, AR

kathyjo i use well water but i read about a guy that used rain run off from his barn. the type of fish is tilapia i don't have any pictures "yet" but am working on a blog that shows pictures from start to finished set up. here is a sight with the same idea not the same tank but could show you the basic idea. on the fish you could grow any from cat fish, perch, to even crawfish its just that tilapia don't mind small spaces so you can grow more than other fish and a tilapia will be ready to eat from fingerling to 1 1/2 to 2 pounds in 6 to 9 months.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

That sounds very interesting and I would love to see the blog when you get it ready..

Gentry, AR

i'll try to d mail you when i get it ready might be a little while i'm putting up a 20 by 60 foot green house so thats taking a lot of my time. but hopefully i'll get it started soon

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images