Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Needle Arts: Bundled Babies crocheted afghan

Communities > Forums > Needle Arts
bookmark
Forum: Needle ArtsReplies: 7, Views: 74
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
TooManyShoes
Friendswood, TX

October 11, 2008
10:25 PM

Post #5659657

Well, I've seen a photo of a baby blanket I would like to try, except it isn't there anymore.

Here's the link to a picture of it:

http://cats-rockin-crochet.blogspot.com/2008/09/simple-prompts-to-keep-you-on-your-toes.html

It's toward the middle of the page, and of course is just a picture, no pattern.

Originally it had been at a site called CraftClick, but that site was absorbed into another art supply business which no longer carries any type of needlecraftng supplies.

The blog owner doesn't list any way of getting in contact with her.

The wayback machine / Internet archive doesn't have the pattern stored in their archives.

Other crochet pattern pages that list links to the page it used to be on don't work either.

I printed out the picture and am trying to work it up myself, but what I'm doing isn't looking like what is in the picture.

So, if anyone out there has this pattern, or can direct me to the book it is in so I can buy it, I'd appreciate it.

DianeinFL
Wimauma, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 14, 2008
11:07 PM

Post #5671862

I'm so sorry!

Finding a pattern you want to make and then not being able to get the pattern is so frustrating.

I've never seen that pattern that I remember, but it looks like it may have been taken out of a magazine.

Are you on Ravelry? There's a remote chance that someone there might remember where it's from.

I was going to suggest making it a saved search on ebay - but if it's from a magazine a search wouldn't find it.

Good luck...
TooManyShoes
Friendswood, TX

October 16, 2008
1:22 PM

Post #5678091

You know, that putting a watch on Ebay isn't a bad idea.

I came to know the source of the baby rings layette because someone was auctioning off an already made set.

Someone may well decide to auction off a bundled babies and then I could ask about the source of the pattern.

I'm not on Ravelry, but I am on a couple of other crochet groups.
I've never needed to post to the groups before because someone else always has inquired about the pattern I'm thinking about!

I may need to step up to the front for this one though!
TooManyShoes
Friendswood, TX

October 19, 2008
1:39 PM

Post #5690201

Just letting everyone who reads this know that I received a response to a thread I posted on another board and now have the pattern.

The designers' name is Mary Smith.
DianeinFL
Wimauma, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 20, 2008
2:09 AM

Post #5692865

Woo hoo!

Congratulations on getting the pattern :)
mollymistsmith
Valdosta, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 22, 2008
12:06 AM

Post #5701401

TooManyShoes,

Can you tell me where I can find the pattern? I have a grandaughter due in December and that blanket would be ideal. Thanks in advance.

Tami :)
TooManyShoes
Friendswood, TX

August 25, 2011
7:23 AM

Post #8775868

http://www.scribd.com/doc/45551400/Bundled-Babies-Afghan-Inst

Looks like someone posted the instructions on a web site. No picture though, but if you click on my link at the top, the photo is still up on that girl's blog page and you should be able to right click save and print it out that way.

I am currently making it getting rid of colors in my stash and it is turning out pretty cute! It is really fun to make and the squares work up pretty quickly.

Good luck everyone!

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

August 25, 2011
2:01 PM

Post #8776591

Hey shoes, that is really a cute pattern. No wonder you wanted it. I'm not into crochet myself but I enjoy what others do. How about a photo when you've finished?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Needle Arts Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Crochet! celia 23 Nov 21, 2012 4:52 AM
Society Silk Embroidery repair. Jeansgarden 5 Sep 22, 2009 7:28 PM
Hand embroidery MaryinLa 24 May 5, 2009 3:59 PM
Baby rings from 1992 crochet pattern LavinaMae 64 Jul 21, 2014 12:58 PM
Santa Claus mits ViolaAnn 19 May 5, 2011 12:44 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America