Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Biochar: Good for your garden AND your carbon footprint!: Look foward to more info

Communities > Forums > Article: Biochar: Good for your garden AND your carbon footprint!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Biochar: Good for your garden AND your carbon footprint!Replies: 1, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Allwild
North, TX

October 14, 2008
2:30 PM

Post #5669969

I had read about adding burnt wood to your compost and now I have a better understanding of what it does. This is so interesting I want to know more, specifically how to make your own charcoal (easily and cheaply of course). Look forward to more readings. Thank you for sharing.

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

October 14, 2008
6:49 PM

Post #5670792

Thanks. I hope to get all my materials and write about making 2 different burners before Christmas. I can build a cheap burner now from 2 steel drums of different sizes. However, I also want to make a better burner to capture the gasses and use them as the primary fuel to burn/char... and that takes more dollars for materials. That will probably be my Christmas present to myself!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Biochar: Good for your garden AND your carbon footprint! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Interesting sallyg 9 Oct 9, 2008 5:18 PM
You're on to something... Sundownr 7 Apr 18, 2009 2:28 AM
Great phicks 3 Oct 13, 2008 11:41 PM
The Rest of the Biochar Story: erichj 18 Nov 6, 2010 7:16 PM
Getting started dave 9 Jun 13, 2012 10:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America