Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Electronics: digital camera

Communities > Forums > Electronics
bookmark
Forum: ElectronicsReplies: 7, Views: 78
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

October 16, 2008
3:08 AM

Post #5677010

Might someone recommed a reasonably priced dig. camera that is easy to use such as for posting pics. on the computer? Lee
Rocco
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2008
2:17 PM

Post #5686688

The Canon Power Shot A720is would be an excellent choice in a lower priced camera. The camera has a very large image display, eight megapixels and optical zoom. It is priced at $199 at most stores.
leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2008
2:56 PM

Post #5686831

Rocco, thanks for the info. Is it easy to use such as posting pictures on the computer, etc.? Or do I need to be an Einstein? lol I am rather new to all this. Lee
Rocco
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2008
3:55 PM

Post #5687021

Lee
The cameras that I have owned were supplied with a software CD and an instruction manual that covers most of what you need to know. A cable is usually supplied that allows you to connect the camera to the computer USB port for photo download. Most computers have that connection on the front for easy access. I have an inexpensive HP printer that has a slot for the memory card from my camera which is a little easier than using the cable. Inexpensive memory card readers are also available.
If you have any problems, ask about them on this site and you will always find someone available with the proper answer.
leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2008
3:59 PM

Post #5687038

Rocco, I have an Inspiron 530s tower. Is that where i'd plug in the cable? Also, I have a Dell 305w printer. Please clarify and help me with this. You must think me an absolute fool. lol Lee p.s. I think the printer is wireless.
Rocco
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2008
10:13 PM

Post #5687868

Lee
I searched the Dell Inspiron 530s and found a photo of the rear of the computer. You have four USB 2.0 ports there. The photo seems to show that they are in the lower right hand corner. This is where you plug in the camera cable. It doesn't matter which one you plug into. The other end of the cable has a smaller plug that fits the camera. Since the ports are at the rear you can leave the cable plugged in and bring the other end to a convenient location in front. A camera memory card reader would be a better setup. You could leave it plugged into the port and then insert the camera memory card into the reader. Plugging the cable directly into the camera will drain the camera batteries faster. I have seen the card readers listed for less than $15.00.
You should also check your printer manual to see if it has slots for reading camera memory cards.
Edited for spelling correction

This message was edited Oct 18, 2008 6:55 PM
leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2008
11:43 PM

Post #5688262

Great info Rocco. thanks. Lee
lonejack
Longview, WA
(Zone 8b)

July 29, 2009
5:57 AM

Post #6878824

I am getting up in years a little and have inherited my mothers shaky hands.
I have a Nikon F600, with image stabilization. I had to give away my coolpix 5000 because I couldn't hold the camara still.
One thing the F600 does allow me to do is, use flash or ISO settings.
For close-ups of your growies you might keep in mind that you will need a
good MICRO setting.
Most of the small dig. camaras are pretty good.
For fixing the photos for better resolution I use GOOGLE Picassa. It is a
free download from GOOGLE.
I use an Epson printer that has a port that I can plug my memory chip into and download.
Picassa will assist you in downloading.
Hope this helps.
Lonejack.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Electronics Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Apple Ipod Nano Gwendalou 5 May 16, 2007 5:22 PM
Need Circuit Help Marth164 2 Oct 17, 2007 2:25 PM
e-S/W CKT help chacha1234 5 Oct 17, 2007 2:18 PM
MP3 advice anastatia 3 Mar 3, 2007 9:35 AM
DISH remote? anastatia 2 May 5, 2007 8:04 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America