Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Canadian Gardening: GNOMES on the go in THUNDER Bay !!

Communities > Forums > Canadian Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Canadian GardeningReplies: 72, Views: 715
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 16, 2008
2:27 PM

Post #5678329

Hi everyone ..

Since I am kinda unsure as to how to do the 'link' thing .. I decided to just do it this way .. will post a note in the other forum as well.

The BOYS made it in fine shape Susan !!! I have safely stashed their travelling case (in case my 'forgetter. whips into full on FORGET mode everyone remember LINEN CLOSET).

Today will be an 'around the house day' for them with some trips outside as I am baking pies and trying to catch up on my EVER mounting housework. Tomorrow I am on call with TBay police .. so .. chances are the boys won't get the TBay tour til the weekend .. unless I take'em to the Police Station with me .. which I am apt to do.

Have attached a pic of them "warming up' in the sun on the kitchen table .

WOoooooooo Hoooooooo .. let the fun begin !! (and I do NOT mean housework) !! LoL

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
Click the image for an enlarged view.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 16, 2008
3:20 PM

Post #5678528

Hi again :-)

Thanks Joanne for the link :-)

Marilynne has finished the pies .. a fresh pumpkin and a fresh apple .. the house smells SO nice !!
We'd like to try some of the pie .. but M says it's time to water the house plants .. and THEN .. outside we go to see what we can get into ..

M took our pic with the pies !!

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 16, 2008
3:22 PM

Post #5678535

One more ... :-)

Bullwinkle tried to tip himself INTO the pumpkin pie !! Silly Moose LoL

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 16, 2008
4:05 PM

Post #5678721

Okee dokee .. Marilynne is LOVIN the company .. she says ,, since her middle name is PROCRASTINATION .. she can leave the housework alone for a little bit .. we did get to help her with a few of her 'indoor jungle' places though .. and .. we met LILLY .. Lilly seemed to think Bullwinkle was worth a few extra kisses :-)

A few more pics and we are off to MAYBE feed the deer some apple peels and cores .. YAY !!

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 16, 2008
4:06 PM

Post #5678729

One of Marilynne's 'jungle places' :-)

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 16, 2008
4:07 PM

Post #5678734

This other jungle place was kinda scary, cuz there was a Momma bear sitting in it !!!

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 16, 2008
4:09 PM

Post #5678749

Bullwinkle, Macho Moose that he is, told Marilynne he wanted to go WAY UP !! So .. she said .. Okee dokee :-)

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 16, 2008
4:11 PM

Post #5678755

SO .. now we have to take a bit of a break .. we'll be back later though ..

M is a bit concerned as her camera has developed a wee idiosyncracy .. and she's going to have to work it out !!

~M~
DonM47
Grand Forks, BC
(Zone 5b)

October 16, 2008
4:42 PM

Post #5678863

Yummy lookin' pies, Marilynne! And Lily is adorable. Looks like the boys are in for treat in Thunder Bay...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 16, 2008
6:02 PM

Post #5679197

Thanks Don .. one is being donated (apple pie) the other is a keeper .

I have 3 more pics to post .. but first I want to ask 'How many pics is too many pics'. I am thinking that perhaps I'll quit with the 'around the property' pics (after these 3) and will wait til I am out and about on the TOWN ? I fer sure don't want to bog us down !!

Happily the camera problem was just a case of needing new batteries .

~M~

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 16, 2008
6:04 PM

Post #5679203

Smokey meets the boys .. HOW I got this pic is anyones best guess .. I knew Smokey was out 'mousing' and decided to go into his 'turf' set up the Gnomes and see what would happen. True to form "Mr. Curiosity' Had to have a sniff or three :-)

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 16, 2008
6:07 PM

Post #5679211

The boys explore one of the bird baths ..

I wiped 'em off with an antiseptic towlette after, you can never be too careful !! Wouldn't want one of them catching 'Bird Flu' !!

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 16, 2008
6:09 PM

Post #5679229

The last one for a bit is the boys on one of the woodpiles .. am kinda disappointed as the pic before I took this one was taken in my Perennial Garden, after MUCH putzin around in the Mums (and wasps) .. and the camera didn't take it !!

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

ggd
North Saanich
Canada

October 16, 2008
6:24 PM

Post #5679287

We can never have TOO MANY pictures M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DonM47
Grand Forks, BC
(Zone 5b)

October 16, 2008
6:50 PM

Post #5679378

Agreed! Sure looks like you have nice place there, Marilynne.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 16, 2008
7:30 PM

Post #5679539

It's a large property and if I am thankful for one thing it's the fact that my very best friend who moved here from Toronto 3 years ago, is a professional landscaper !!
She works as head gardener/landscaper at a local cemetery (has won 2 awards) but .. spends most of her down time here working around the yards and LOVING it ..

Thanks for your input .. :-)

~M~

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 16, 2008
7:54 PM

Post #5679639

2 more outside pics.

First one shows the boys sadly mourning my poor Perennial garden .. I have to admit, despite 3 bad frosts .. it has hung tuff !!
The Cannas are going this weeknd ..

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 16, 2008
7:57 PM

Post #5679659

This pic shows the Boys meeting my garden frogs/toads .. I have a collection of them .. I am slowly getting them ready for their long winters nap.

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

October 16, 2008
8:39 PM

Post #5679928

Marilynne - you sure tempted them letting them sit next to those pies. I bet they were starving after their long trip.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 17, 2008
12:38 AM

Post #5680850

So glad to see them safe & sound, and rested.
Yummy looking pies :-)

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 17, 2008
11:12 AM

Post #5682228

It was a stretch trying to keep'em away from the pies .. but I was able to :-)
One of the pies is now gone .. it was for a bake sale at our local AIDS Committee .. I bake monthly for their fund raising Bingos .. this is just a little extra for a Fall Tea.

Well .. I am gonna 'Live on the Edge' today .. I am on call with the Police .. BUT .. am still going to start my 'Tour of Thunder Bay' with the Boys. Am taking my bud along, so, if I get a call the boys will be placed in her trust and they will all be safely ensconsed at a TIMMIES til I'm done my call. That's the ONE bad thing about living in the country .. you can't hop a bus to go home and a Taxi is $35. +

Time to get the boys up ..

Later

~M~

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 17, 2008
6:39 PM

Post #5683969

WHEW !!!! Many miles and thankfully NO CALLS (yet) and I am home with the boys .. they're napping .. it's been an adventurous day for them, and I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute :-)

There are MANY pics to follow .. so .. sit back and enjoy "SOME" of Thunder Bay :-)

~M~

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 17, 2008
6:41 PM

Post #5683974

We started at the Police Station ..

The boys were very impressed with nice officer who thought they were kinda 'cool' .. he was camera shy though ..

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 17, 2008
6:43 PM

Post #5683988

Marilynne thought it'd be kinda nice to give us a cool place to sit .. and to remind everyone what's coming in the next weeks :-(
Seems her friend drives a ZAMBONI so don't be too shocked :-)

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 17, 2008
6:45 PM

Post #5683997

Then it was off to the Lake Superior waterfront .. The Marina .. everyone has their boats out of the water right now .. but it was sure a nice place to visit ..

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 17, 2008
6:47 PM

Post #5684002

Seems Thunder Bay has LOTS of "Sister Cities" .. Singapore, Finland, Japan .. WOW .. I wonder if she'll take US to those places ?? !!

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 17, 2008
6:49 PM

Post #5684006

WE were kinda nervous in these next pics as she had us balancing right over the water !!!!

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 17, 2008
6:50 PM

Post #5684013

More balancing over the water .. !!!!

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 17, 2008
6:53 PM

Post #5684027

Marilynne and her friend then took us to a place called Hillcrest Park .. they kept talking about a GIANT .. jeez .. we were getting kind nervous about meeting a GIANT .. but .. he was a GENTLE Giant .. they even call him .. The Sleeping Giant .. and he lives out on the Lake ...

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 17, 2008
6:55 PM

Post #5684032

Here's another picture of us and the Giant :-)

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 17, 2008
6:58 PM

Post #5684045

In this Park there was also a very old Bell .. from 1833 .. the bell was removed from the first 'Port Arthur' fire station many years ago when it underwent demolition. The Bell (fire bell) was given a home in Hillcrest Park ..

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 17, 2008
7:02 PM

Post #5684054

Marilynne and her friend stopped for a cup of coffee and we heard them talking about a FOX .. jeez .. Giants and now FOX .. we were again a bit curious but cautious !!
Well .. the FOX .. was TERRY FOX .. and it was wonderful to see his statue and listen to Marilynne read about him to some German tourists who couldn't read English .. she also explained OUR significance to them .. they took our picture !!!

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 17, 2008
7:04 PM

Post #5684062

Another picture of us with Terry .. Marilynne must have gotten a bug in her eyes .. she had water leaking from them when she spoke of Terry ..

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 17, 2008
7:06 PM

Post #5684072

We decided to sit at Terry's Park and enjoy some of the beauty of the area :-)

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 17, 2008
7:08 PM

Post #5684077

You can see Terry from this picnic table ..

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 17, 2008
7:22 PM

Post #5684122

Last relaxing picture ...

After we were done at the Terry Fox Monument .. Marilynne and her friend went for lunch .. we stayed in the car, we sure had lots to talk about as we have seen so much and have made so many memories over the past few months ..
We wanted to make sure Marilynne told all our other Hosts and Hostesses that we miss all of you .. we also wanted to have her mention that we are so looking forward to our FUTURE visits :-)

We have apparently got a 'few' more places to visit on the weekend .. and I think that MAYBE on Monday Marilynne will be sending us on to White Lake ON .. sounds like a very nice place :-)

The Boys

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

DonM47
Grand Forks, BC
(Zone 5b)

October 17, 2008
7:25 PM

Post #5684128

Hope "the boys" are enjoying the lovely scenery of Thunder Bay as much as I am. :)
sanannie
White Lake, ON
(Zone 4b)

October 18, 2008
12:43 AM

Post #5685178

Fantastic pictures! Terry makes me cry too. What adventures the boys have been up to! Now, White Lake is just a wee village, I hope they will not be bored here, but that will not be an option - I'll just keep them real busy! We'll see what we can come up with for the lads. Looking forward to greeting them next week!

Sandy

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 18, 2008
11:55 AM

Post #5686358

Good morning ..

Getting ready to get 'on the move' with the Boys :-)

Sandy .. I looked up White Lake last evening .. WOW .. must be some purdy where you are. From what I gather you are between Marathon and Wawa ?? The more I thought about it .. the more curious I got .. so .. I called up my neice, the SUPER CAMPER, and .. yesirree, she has been to White Lake Provincial Park several times .. says it is absolutely the best fishing lake they have been to .. summing it up .. she spent close to an hour talking about the Park and the surrounding area, so, I do believe you'll have no problem keeping the boys busy :-)

Today we are attempting ... Kakabeka Falls, Old Fort William, and Mount McKay ... should be fun :-)

~M~

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

October 18, 2008
12:34 PM

Post #5686417

And after a visit with Sandy do they go to me or to threegardeners? Maybe the three of us can meet up somewhere. Looks like I might see them in time for Halloween of the beginning of Nov.

I loved the the tour of TB, Marilynne.

Ann

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 18, 2008
8:52 PM

Post #5687681

WHOOSH BANG :-) We are HOME !!! Been quite the day .. and the Boys are keeping me company as I fix and download the pics .. but I am the ONLY one with a glass of wine LoL ...

Ann .. I got the list out , and, as far as I can see there are several folks ahead of you .. Sandy in White Lake is next .. I am shooting for a Monday postal visit .. actually .. my friend ALMOST had me talked in to driving to White Lake she was so impressed with my how highly my niece spoke about it .. but between VCARS and my Hospice stuff and the LU student I am mentoring and, oh yeah. work .. well .. it would have been impossible .. would have been an overnighter as I am almost SURE it's a 6 hour drive? Is that correct Sandy ?

So .. from Sandy it goes to ..erynne, ginnylynn,cybercrone,procrastinator (gawd I luv THAT name :-) ), drivenbonkers, Bettypauze (we need Betty's address), june ontario THEN ViolaAnn :-) am thinking you MAY have'em for Xmas Ann!!
You have the ultimate pleasure of sending them on to Todd Boland in Newfoundland and last but NEVER least Diggin dirt .. what he will do with the Boys is anyone's best guess .. but .. given the fact NF has had SCADS of snow the past 2 winters .. he may have to 'over winter them' for a trip back in the Spring :-)

And so .. sit back and enjoy what I 'think' will be the last of the pics .. mind you .. my bud mentioned about FIVE other places I should go .. if it doesn't rain tomorrow I MAY consider a couple of them .. we about wore out poor Lilly today ..

Cheers!!

~M~

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 18, 2008
9:13 PM

Post #5687731

This is where the Boys sleep at night .. they love it .. AND .. we haven't had but one fire in the woodstove as of yet this season ..
From this vantage point they can watch about all the comings and goings in the house .. AND .. they are safely AWAY from little Lilly who LOVES Bullwinkle !!!

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 18, 2008
9:17 PM

Post #5687741

Our first stop today was Kakabeka Falls (The Niagra of the North) gosh .. it was running ALMOST at full tilt .. when we have had bunches of rain .. the ROAR is amazing.. the Boys were a bit 'freaked out' but I didn't keep them on the rail too long ..

~M~

Link http://www.ontarioparks.com/English/kaka.html

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 18, 2008
9:18 PM

Post #5687743

Another Falls pic ...

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 18, 2008
9:24 PM

Post #5687753

Marilynne thought the mountain of shale in the parking lot of the Falls would be a nice place to put us .. it was sure kinda difficult getting up there though .. Shale is SLIPPERY ..

The Boys

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 18, 2008
9:26 PM

Post #5687757

Then it was on to Old Fort William Historical Park .. WHOOPSIE .. Marilynne was NOT impressed by the fact that is was NOT opened .. but .. we made the best of it and she took some pics anyway :-)

The Boys

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 18, 2008
9:28 PM

Post #5687760

Lilly was always looking out for us .. but .. sometimes we fooled her :-)

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 18, 2008
9:29 PM

Post #5687763

This is the building Marilynne tried to 'break into' to get some pics of something called 'Voyageur History', her friend told her to STOP yanking at the door handle !!!!

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 18, 2008
9:36 PM

Post #5687776

So .. because a bird called a Goose did something to Marilynne's car (boy it made a mess) we left Old Fort William and headed to a place called Mount McKay :-)
WOW .. we were high up !! So much to see ..

Mount McKay
Mount McKay is the most outstanding feature of Thunder Bay's landscape. The mountain and access road are situated on the Fort William Indian Reserve (#52). Loch Lomond, the reservoir for Thunder Bay South (formerly Fort William) lies at the top.

Half way up - at the end of the road - is the scenic lookout with an excellent view of the City and harbour. A small memorial commemorates the war dead of the Aboriginal people. For those who wish to explore further, there is a path (about a half hour hike) up the eastern face of the mountain. Along the way are a number of regionally uncommon flora species including red and sugar maple, and (beware) poison ivy. Once on top of the mountain - besides the spectacular view - one may observe glacial erratics as well as dwarfed trees, especially jack pine (Krumholz Effect). There is a small grove of yellow birch growing on the edge of a second maple stand in the bush just south of the entrance gate.
Do not attempt to climb the talus slope on the north face of the mountain. It is unstable and dangerous.

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 18, 2008
9:38 PM

Post #5687780

HOLY COW .. when Marilynne walked over to this EAGLE Bullwinkle actually tried to scream !!!!!

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 18, 2008
9:41 PM

Post #5687788

THEN .. Marilynne climbed down a VERY steep hill with us and plunked us down on a rock and took our picture with that GIANT way out in Lake Superior .. way way away from us .. sure was a nice view ... :-)

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 18, 2008
9:44 PM

Post #5687792

One more GIANT picture .. Marilynne hopes that people can enlarge the pics ...

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 18, 2008
9:46 PM

Post #5687796

Then we saw a Monument to the Ojibway Elders .. it was very nice..

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 18, 2008
10:08 PM

Post #5687851

Me .. AGAIN .. DOG .. what a time I have had with these pics .. just because I can .. I will bore you with camera/computer woes I have had .. gag me !!!

Today the camera worked like a charm .. I uploaded the pics onto our desktop puter .. S L O W .. is now a word that SINGS in my psyche !! I finally had had it !! I put the pics in a file and exported them to my laptop and proceeded to do any editing required there .. well .. I am not so impressed with the editing program on my laptop .. so .. I hope you are able to ENLARGE the pics ..

I have to thank whoever thought up the GNOME EXCHANGE (was it 2zeus) I kinda came in 'Mid program' .. it has been such a pleasure to share Thunder Bay and area with all of you. My only concern is "What happens after Newfoundland" ? Do we put the Boys to bed for the winter and send them West again .. who knows .. we could very well pick up new 'surrogate homes' for them .. AND .. those of us caught in the fall & winter months .. would be blessed with a SPRING visit :-)

Take care all :-)

~M~
sydney480
Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

October 18, 2008
10:38 PM

Post #5687986

Great pictures Marilynn and thanks so much for sharing. Unfortunately I was unable to take them on a tour while in Vancouver, so I would love to get them back out this way again...perhaps for spring..who knows..I went for a beautiful walk today, but nothing great to take pictures of as the trees at the park I was at where just brown and yellow..will try exploring somewhere different tomorrow
DonM47
Grand Forks, BC
(Zone 5b)

October 18, 2008
11:23 PM

Post #5688172

Beautiful photos, Marilynne. The Niagra of the North...who knew? I do now. Gorgeous! Prompted me to Google Thunder Bay only to find that it is steeped in history with lots of lovely recreational areas. I am sure I'll be learning lots about eastern Canada that I did not know.

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

October 18, 2008
11:58 PM

Post #5688332

Enjoyed the pics, you sure have been busy with the boys.

As to their itinerary, White Lake is only an hour west of my house in Ottawa while drivenbonkers, Bettypauze (we need Betty's address), june ontario are all quite a bit closer to or west of Toronto.

Somehow the list that you have must have gotten out of order because there were all those in the Toronto area and then the three of us close to Ottawa - Sandy in White Lake, myself in Ottawa and threegardeners in N. Augusta - about an hour south of Ottawa.

Ann

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 19, 2008
12:38 AM

Post #5688475

Hmmmmmmmm .. quite the mystery fer sure Ann .. had NO idea how close you were to Sandy ..

I am 'CLUELESS in Thunder Bay' as to what to do to change the order of names so as not to cause a problem.
So .. shall we kinda VOTE on it ?

I haven't seen any posts on the Gnome Travels from several of the recipients to come .. that in and of itself is disturbing .. I know folks 'lurk' in the forums, but, if you are actually following the progression (and reception) of something, like the Gnomes, I would think you might favour the forum with a brief comment so as to let us know you are 'out there' and awaiting their arrival. I know we've hit a few snags .. but HEY .. life is full of'em and this venture is purely for fun .. if you can't have FUN .. well ...

So .. for Sandy's sake .. lets hope we hear from erynne in Hillsburgh or .. ginnylynn in Blyth.

I am so hoping that my comments will not be taken unfavourably, I meant no harm by any of them .. I just want to keep THE BOYS movin :-)

~M~

This message was edited Oct 18, 2008 8:44 PM
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

October 19, 2008
1:59 AM

Post #5688816

Marilynn
Super photo's of your pies! I could almost taste them! At least the calories aren't there.
Lovely blue sky in your corner of the world too.
I love to see the 4 legged helpers that everyone seems to have to assist in these travels.

Ann
ginnylynn
Blyth, ON
(Zone 5b)

October 19, 2008
1:06 PM

Post #5690126

Fun is a subjective thing, don't you think?

I resigned from the travelling gnome list at the beginning of September and notified the person ahead of me on the list. I'll email erynne and let her know you're looking for her.

--Ginny

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

October 19, 2008
1:11 PM

Post #5690133

I'm not overly particular, but I think Sandy and I were looking on their visit as an excuse to get together. At least I was. I had no idea Ginny had withdrawn from the list.

Ann

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 19, 2008
2:05 PM

Post #5690281

Hiya

I will take Ginny's name off the list .. it's not scratched off.

Am thinking I'll be packaging up the Boys today and I'll head off to the post office tomorrow and send them east.

As an aside .. I did a more thorough search re White Lake, ON by using Postal Codes .. well .. besides the fact there a few of'em, I now see that I was in error as far as the locale is concerned. I had thought the area was closer to Thunder Bay (albeit a 6 hour drive) .. I now see that it is closer to Ottawa.
In fact the Google map says it should take Ann 1 hour and 7 minutes to get there :-)

So .. if Erynne decides she no longer wishes to participate .. after Sandy, the Boys would be heading to Cybercrone in Toronto, that is, if a detour to Ottawa doesn't take place.

When you look at it in the scheme of things .. this is fer sure not a life threatening situation .. and I tend to think that as long as the Boys keep moving .. well .. THAT'S a great thing :-) The fact they have clocked so many miles already, and the many smiles their adventures have personally brought me is legacy enough !!!!

~M~

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

October 19, 2008
5:38 PM

Post #5691010

Am home now from our weekend excursion. Had a Dmail from Glenda you said [quote]The final mail list is the one that was sent with the boys. Unfortunately, over time, a few people dropped out, or were not able to participate. Each time a change was requested, I e-mailed the person who had the boys, to cross that name off the list, add a new one, or put in someone's address that was missing. Obviously, that did not happen. That is the unfortunate thing with this type of mailing fun! Pam in Saskatchewan was omitted because she requested it, as her mother had just passed away.
The original list was made according to who requested to be on it, and there was no rhyme nor reason as to when and where the boys went next. If you want to change the list, that's fine. Just as long as the boys get everywhere they should.[/quote]

If it's OK with Sandy, it's certainly OK with me if the boys go to the Toronto area first. As I mentioned, it would be a good reason to get together with Sandy again and maybe also with threegardeners (unless she is one who dropped off the list). I've never met her, but thought this would be good motivation. Perhaps she, Sandy and I could all get together in Merrickville. But I'll go with the flow.

Ann
sanannie
White Lake, ON
(Zone 4b)

October 19, 2008
6:06 PM

Post #5691120

Wow, Thunder Bay is beautiful. I love waterfalls... and that view!

I haven't checked in since yesterday, and there's a lot going on! Sorry for the confusion of where White Lake is.

Marilyn, just send the boys ahead to me and we'll work it out. No worries.

I'm looking forward to showing the boys around White Lake first, then if Ann is available, perhaps we can show them a snippet of Ottawa as well.

Sandy

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 19, 2008
7:07 PM

Post #5691260

I'll be tucking the BOYS into their wee travel box later this aft .. I'll have them in the mail tomorrow .. with luck Sandy will see them by Friday.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if all DG 'Gnomers' in that area could get together :-) Hope you can make it so.

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 19, 2008
9:23 PM

Post #5691685

Good luck on your travels, wee guys! It was a pleasure joint-hosting them here in Calgary :-)

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 20, 2008
4:25 PM

Post #5694834

Hi everyone ..

The Gnomes are safely packaged and on their way to Sandy in White Lake, ON.

We wished them a Bon Voyage and safe travel. According to the young lady at the Postal Outlet they 'should' arrive at their destination by this coming Friday October 24 (fingers crossed).

Enjoy Sandy et al :-)

~Marilynne~
sanannie
White Lake, ON
(Zone 4b)

October 20, 2008
5:26 PM

Post #5695048

OK, I'll watch for the pony on Friday :-) I hope we'll have some nice sunny weather to show the lads around - we might even get to go on a boat ride!

Sandy
cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

October 20, 2008
10:04 PM

Post #5696164

I'm watching and have posted a couple times, but when ever they get here is fine with me.

Whoever sends them, just D-mail me so I know to expect them. OK?
~marilyn

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

October 23, 2008
2:28 PM

Post #5707730

WOOO HOOOOO .. @ 0958 this morning .. the BOYS have arrived in White Lake ON .. I just BY CHANCE checked the tracking # ... let the NEW adventure begin :-)

~M~

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

October 23, 2008
3:42 PM

Post #5708087

Wow! 2 days early. And the weather out this way promises to be good for the next couple of days.

Ann
sanannie
White Lake, ON
(Zone 4b)

October 24, 2008
1:51 AM

Post #5710082

Yes, they arrived! I picked them up at the post office around 3:30p.m. Holy mackerel, you guys didn't tell me what a handful they are! We have been on the go ever since...

They have been up to mischief (especially Bullwinkle) but I'll need some time to get the pics up and tell you the story of their first evening in White Lake, Ontario.

OK, here's the link to their White Lake stop on their Cross Canada tour.

Sandy

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/916445/

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

May 29, 2009
3:56 PM

Post #6613953

This is another thread which doesn't link to the one before it. You'll find the previous one at:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/906091/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Canadian Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Brugmansia 'culebra' available Dennis_taylor 6 Nov 12, 2007 5:22 PM
Rice Lake, ON OhioBreezy 27 Sep 19, 2007 7:46 PM
Hi from Québec / Saskatoon spklatt 53 Sep 8, 2008 11:40 PM
Welcome to ginnylynn from Blyth, Ontario OldFlowerGirl 21 May 20, 2008 3:34 PM
Petunia 2 u 2 DCarrington 44 Apr 14, 2013 11:01 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America