Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

GNOMES on the go in THUNDER Bay !!

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Hi everyone ..

Since I am kinda unsure as to how to do the 'link' thing .. I decided to just do it this way .. will post a note in the other forum as well.

The BOYS made it in fine shape Susan !!! I have safely stashed their travelling case (in case my 'forgetter. whips into full on FORGET mode everyone remember LINEN CLOSET).

Today will be an 'around the house day' for them with some trips outside as I am baking pies and trying to catch up on my EVER mounting housework. Tomorrow I am on call with TBay police .. so .. chances are the boys won't get the TBay tour til the weekend .. unless I take'em to the Police Station with me .. which I am apt to do.

Have attached a pic of them "warming up' in the sun on the kitchen table .

WOoooooooo Hoooooooo .. let the fun begin !! (and I do NOT mean housework) !! LoL

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Hi again :-)

Thanks Joanne for the link :-)

Marilynne has finished the pies .. a fresh pumpkin and a fresh apple .. the house smells SO nice !!
We'd like to try some of the pie .. but M says it's time to water the house plants .. and THEN .. outside we go to see what we can get into ..

M took our pic with the pies !!

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

One more ... :-)

Bullwinkle tried to tip himself INTO the pumpkin pie !! Silly Moose LoL

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Okee dokee .. Marilynne is LOVIN the company .. she says ,, since her middle name is PROCRASTINATION .. she can leave the housework alone for a little bit .. we did get to help her with a few of her 'indoor jungle' places though .. and .. we met LILLY .. Lilly seemed to think Bullwinkle was worth a few extra kisses :-)

A few more pics and we are off to MAYBE feed the deer some apple peels and cores .. YAY !!

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

One of Marilynne's 'jungle places' :-)

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

This other jungle place was kinda scary, cuz there was a Momma bear sitting in it !!!

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Bullwinkle, Macho Moose that he is, told Marilynne he wanted to go WAY UP !! So .. she said .. Okee dokee :-)

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

SO .. now we have to take a bit of a break .. we'll be back later though ..

M is a bit concerned as her camera has developed a wee idiosyncracy .. and she's going to have to work it out !!

~M~

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Yummy lookin' pies, Marilynne! And Lily is adorable. Looks like the boys are in for treat in Thunder Bay...

Thanks Don .. one is being donated (apple pie) the other is a keeper .

I have 3 more pics to post .. but first I want to ask 'How many pics is too many pics'. I am thinking that perhaps I'll quit with the 'around the property' pics (after these 3) and will wait til I am out and about on the TOWN ? I fer sure don't want to bog us down !!

Happily the camera problem was just a case of needing new batteries .

~M~

Smokey meets the boys .. HOW I got this pic is anyones best guess .. I knew Smokey was out 'mousing' and decided to go into his 'turf' set up the Gnomes and see what would happen. True to form "Mr. Curiosity' Had to have a sniff or three :-)

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

The boys explore one of the bird baths ..

I wiped 'em off with an antiseptic towlette after, you can never be too careful !! Wouldn't want one of them catching 'Bird Flu' !!

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

The last one for a bit is the boys on one of the woodpiles .. am kinda disappointed as the pic before I took this one was taken in my Perennial Garden, after MUCH putzin around in the Mums (and wasps) .. and the camera didn't take it !!

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
North Saanich, Canada

We can never have TOO MANY pictures M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Agreed! Sure looks like you have nice place there, Marilynne.

It's a large property and if I am thankful for one thing it's the fact that my very best friend who moved here from Toronto 3 years ago, is a professional landscaper !!
She works as head gardener/landscaper at a local cemetery (has won 2 awards) but .. spends most of her down time here working around the yards and LOVING it ..

Thanks for your input .. :-)

~M~

2 more outside pics.

First one shows the boys sadly mourning my poor Perennial garden .. I have to admit, despite 3 bad frosts .. it has hung tuff !!
The Cannas are going this weeknd ..

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

This pic shows the Boys meeting my garden frogs/toads .. I have a collection of them .. I am slowly getting them ready for their long winters nap.

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Marilynne - you sure tempted them letting them sit next to those pies. I bet they were starving after their long trip.

(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

So glad to see them safe & sound, and rested.
Yummy looking pies :-)

It was a stretch trying to keep'em away from the pies .. but I was able to :-)
One of the pies is now gone .. it was for a bake sale at our local AIDS Committee .. I bake monthly for their fund raising Bingos .. this is just a little extra for a Fall Tea.

Well .. I am gonna 'Live on the Edge' today .. I am on call with the Police .. BUT .. am still going to start my 'Tour of Thunder Bay' with the Boys. Am taking my bud along, so, if I get a call the boys will be placed in her trust and they will all be safely ensconsed at a TIMMIES til I'm done my call. That's the ONE bad thing about living in the country .. you can't hop a bus to go home and a Taxi is $35. +

Time to get the boys up ..

Later

~M~

WHEW !!!! Many miles and thankfully NO CALLS (yet) and I am home with the boys .. they're napping .. it's been an adventurous day for them, and I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute :-)

There are MANY pics to follow .. so .. sit back and enjoy "SOME" of Thunder Bay :-)

~M~

We started at the Police Station ..

The boys were very impressed with nice officer who thought they were kinda 'cool' .. he was camera shy though ..

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Marilynne thought it'd be kinda nice to give us a cool place to sit .. and to remind everyone what's coming in the next weeks :-(
Seems her friend drives a ZAMBONI so don't be too shocked :-)

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Then it was off to the Lake Superior waterfront .. The Marina .. everyone has their boats out of the water right now .. but it was sure a nice place to visit ..

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Seems Thunder Bay has LOTS of "Sister Cities" .. Singapore, Finland, Japan .. WOW .. I wonder if she'll take US to those places ?? !!

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

WE were kinda nervous in these next pics as she had us balancing right over the water !!!!

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

More balancing over the water .. !!!!

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Marilynne and her friend then took us to a place called Hillcrest Park .. they kept talking about a GIANT .. jeez .. we were getting kind nervous about meeting a GIANT .. but .. he was a GENTLE Giant .. they even call him .. The Sleeping Giant .. and he lives out on the Lake ...

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Here's another picture of us and the Giant :-)

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

In this Park there was also a very old Bell .. from 1833 .. the bell was removed from the first 'Port Arthur' fire station many years ago when it underwent demolition. The Bell (fire bell) was given a home in Hillcrest Park ..

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Marilynne and her friend stopped for a cup of coffee and we heard them talking about a FOX .. jeez .. Giants and now FOX .. we were again a bit curious but cautious !!
Well .. the FOX .. was TERRY FOX .. and it was wonderful to see his statue and listen to Marilynne read about him to some German tourists who couldn't read English .. she also explained OUR significance to them .. they took our picture !!!

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Another picture of us with Terry .. Marilynne must have gotten a bug in her eyes .. she had water leaking from them when she spoke of Terry ..

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

We decided to sit at Terry's Park and enjoy some of the beauty of the area :-)

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

You can see Terry from this picnic table ..

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Last relaxing picture ...

After we were done at the Terry Fox Monument .. Marilynne and her friend went for lunch .. we stayed in the car, we sure had lots to talk about as we have seen so much and have made so many memories over the past few months ..
We wanted to make sure Marilynne told all our other Hosts and Hostesses that we miss all of you .. we also wanted to have her mention that we are so looking forward to our FUTURE visits :-)

We have apparently got a 'few' more places to visit on the weekend .. and I think that MAYBE on Monday Marilynne will be sending us on to White Lake ON .. sounds like a very nice place :-)

The Boys

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Hope "the boys" are enjoying the lovely scenery of Thunder Bay as much as I am. :)

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Fantastic pictures! Terry makes me cry too. What adventures the boys have been up to! Now, White Lake is just a wee village, I hope they will not be bored here, but that will not be an option - I'll just keep them real busy! We'll see what we can come up with for the lads. Looking forward to greeting them next week!

Sandy

Good morning ..

Getting ready to get 'on the move' with the Boys :-)

Sandy .. I looked up White Lake last evening .. WOW .. must be some purdy where you are. From what I gather you are between Marathon and Wawa ?? The more I thought about it .. the more curious I got .. so .. I called up my neice, the SUPER CAMPER, and .. yesirree, she has been to White Lake Provincial Park several times .. says it is absolutely the best fishing lake they have been to .. summing it up .. she spent close to an hour talking about the Park and the surrounding area, so, I do believe you'll have no problem keeping the boys busy :-)

Today we are attempting ..... Kakabeka Falls, Old Fort William, and Mount McKay ... should be fun :-)

~M~

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

And after a visit with Sandy do they go to me or to threegardeners? Maybe the three of us can meet up somewhere. Looks like I might see them in time for Halloween of the beginning of Nov.

I loved the the tour of TB, Marilynne.

Ann

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.