Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Gingers: Does anybody recognize this one? oh, Tickisox, where are u?

Communities > Forums > Gingers
bookmark
Forum: GingersReplies: 2, Views: 53
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 16, 2008
7:17 PM

Post #5679483

I purchased this hedichium from Ticki thru the LA. In fact I bought 2 diff. plants. I was particularly interested because these are short gingers, growing no taller than 4-5 ft, if that tall. They have done wonderfully and while vigorous they're not house eaters. I'm wondering if anybody recognizes this beauty. Ticki, if you see this, PLMK. thanks. These short gingers are fine! I hope the pic is good enough, I took it w/ my cell phone.

And the fragrance! You can smell them 50 ft away!

Thumbnail by vossner
Click the image for an enlarged view.

TickiSox
Lowndesboro, AL
(Zone 8a)

October 16, 2008
10:57 PM

Post #5680414

Nerie(is that correct?) you would ask me about the one I wasn't sure of! I know you bought a no name from me, that's the other one of your plants.
After thinking about it and going through my mind about short growers I think that you have gardnerarium 'Kahili.' And it wasn't so much the flower as it was the dark rich green foliage that you got the pic of also. Mine got to probably 5ft this yr, the largest it has ever gotten. And I'm so glad that you got blooms so you could smell the fragrance.
Kabby

Thumbnail by TickiSox
Click the image for an enlarged view.

vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 16, 2008
11:04 PM

Post #5680455

howdy ticki. yes, you're correct that one was a noid. I was just hoping that since that time you had been able to ID this beauty. I am so happy with it. and yes again, the foliage is very dark. I have about 7-8 blooms, in fact.
nery (you were close, lol)

thanks for your help.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Gingers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Costus Raspberry Yogurt-pic Moodene 8 Jul 15, 2009 12:26 AM
Dichorisanda pendula Moodene 9 Aug 28, 2008 5:33 PM
Stumped by non-blooming butterfly gingers smartdog 20 Mar 13, 2007 10:09 PM
Oh That Fragrance! Xeramtheum 43 Sep 17, 2008 1:08 AM
Costus asplundii - first photo of flowers gingersrus 11 Jan 2, 2009 3:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America