Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: This Toad Will Become Your Fall-Flowering Prince: Great

Communities > Forums > Article: This Toad Will Become Your Fall-Flowering Prince
bookmark
Forum: Article: This Toad Will Become Your Fall-Flowering PrinceReplies: 3, Views: 30
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
phicks
Lakeland, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 18, 2008
9:59 PM

Post #5687820

Great Article and Pics Paul
lortay
Navan
Ireland

October 20, 2008
1:38 PM

Post #5694103

I have always loved the old Tricyrtis formosana and 'Imperial Banner' seems to be a real winner. I note also that the 'Plant Finder' lists 14 suppliers of 'Raspberry Mousse' in the U.K., so clearly this problem is current in this part of the world as well.
ACWinOH
Sandusky, OH
(Zone 5a)

October 20, 2008
6:46 PM

Post #5695405

I planted three 3" pots of Golden Leopard in a raised clay bed this past May. This bed receives partial sun and/or bright shade all day. I have them planted with brunnera, heuchera, astilbe, alchemilla and columbine . The only plants that seem to prosper are the heuchera and the alchemilla. The tricyrtis are still tiny and only one put out a few timid blooms. Perhaps it's too much light? Would love a grouping like I've seen in photos from other gardens. I moved one to see if it would be happier so time will tell. - Carol
TexasTam
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 22, 2008
12:33 PM

Post #5703085

Hi Carol - I'd give your toad lilies another year to develop. Mine really took off in their second season. If yours don't bloom well next fall, then you might consider moving them to a shadier spot.
TexasTam

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: This Toad Will Become Your Fall-Flowering Prince Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Native Texan ACWinOH 0 Oct 23, 2008 10:29 PM
Tricyrtis Lencl362 0 Feb 16, 2011 4:37 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America