Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: The Views of Autumn Olives: Thank You for the info!

Communities > Forums > Article: The Views of Autumn Olives
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Views of Autumn OlivesReplies: 1, Views: 19
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
qterhrs
Friedens, PA
(Zone 5a)

October 21, 2008
11:28 AM

Post #5698427

Years ago we were given seeds to plant on an abanoned strip cut to feed the turkeys. When they sprouted we realized Autumn Olives were already growing everwhere we just didn't know what they were. I like others thought they weren't edible so I never picked them. The smell of the flowers in the spring are beautiful! We were going to transplant some of them along our property line but now I know to enjoy them where they are. Thanks for the info.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

October 21, 2008
11:30 AM

Post #5698430

You are very welcome qterhrs. You might try the berries to see if the taste agrees with you!

Bev

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Views of Autumn Olives Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Well Done! darius 2 Oct 18, 2008 4:29 PM
Good phicks 9 Oct 22, 2008 2:53 AM
I just might give them a try myresortonahill 2 Sep 12, 2011 6:19 AM
Another disaster by our forest service. mindnova 3 Dec 27, 2008 3:16 PM
I want some... Aunt_A 11 Jan 23, 2011 7:57 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America