Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Beef brisket

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

My husband (a competition BBq-er, sorta) is doing a beef brisket tomorrow for the Michigan/Michigan State Football game. I'm drawing a blank on what to fix to go along with it other than cole slaw! I have to have cole slaw since my little brother (by 10 months) is going to be here and he begs.

Suggestions? I'm going shopping tomorrow with my daughter so I need to fix whatever it is early... baked beans? potato salad? pasta salad? I'm already making "butt buns" (don't ask)

Michelle in Michigan
Go Blue :)

Cochise, AZ(Zone 8b)

After that, I have to ask! "butt buns"? Grill some taters and winter squash!

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

My son, who was 7 at the time named them.

Thumbnail by MsKatt
Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

BB's are beautiful. Sweet and sour cabbage. Cauliflower salad. Roasted Asparagus.

Missouri City, TX

Potato salad, pinto beans, Texas Caviar (Black-eye pea salad), Pickled okra, dill pickles, pickled and fresh jalapenos, sliced onions, BBQ sauce (your choice). Ice cold beer, iced tea, lemonade.

Any and all the above (including your cole slaw) could be found at most Texas brisket BBQs.

I like a chopped brisket stuffed baked potato, too.

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

I ended up doing a marinated veggie salad, cole slaw, potato salad, buns, and baked beans and we had plain old Texas sheet cake for dessert. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.