Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Ornamental Gourds: Seeds from Open Pollinated Gourds

Communities > Forums > Ornamental Gourds
bookmark
Forum: Ornamental GourdsReplies: 1, Views: 59
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mawnature
Monroe, LA

October 25, 2008
12:40 PM

Post #5714346

The gourd seeds I planted were in a package labeled Birdhouse Gourd mix...and I did get a few different types. But I removed seeds from two birdhouse gourds that looked alike, and the seeds are different colors, and are slightly different in size and shape, too. I would appreciate it if someone can tell me if this means I have seeds for different gourds? Many thanks,

Annette

Thumbnail by mawnature
Click the image for an enlarged view.

brigidlily
Lumberton, TX
(Zone 8b)

November 3, 2008
4:51 PM

Post #5747509

It could just be variations; I don't think any two seeds would be identical and I've had seeds that look very different from the same gourd. Plant them both and find out! That's half the fun -- IF you have the space!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Ornamental Gourds Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Gourd planter (Part 2) Snake Gourd dave 23 Nov 24, 2009 7:32 PM
Mystery gourd Pala 24 Oct 11, 2008 11:52 PM
My Itsie-Bitsie Luffa Ball plant Morph 28 Mar 8, 2008 11:16 PM
Gourdaholic- looking for seeds from Large Gourd from Nigeria Gourd 35 Apr 6, 2009 4:35 PM
Cattle Guards used as arbors/tunnels (has anyone used them) Gourd 21 May 15, 2007 3:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America