Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Soil and Composting: Question about using wormcast tea

Communities > Forums > Soil and Composting
bookmark
Forum: Soil and CompostingReplies: 2, Views: 38
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LenaBeanNZ
Brisbane
Australia
(Zone 10b)

October 25, 2008
11:54 PM

Post #5716416

I have a fairly simple question about using worm juice. How much should it be diluted, and how is it best used? By that I mean is it best applied to the roots or leaves?

And if anyone could tell me about its nutritional properties as well I would be very interested to learn.

I was just gifted about 10 bottles of it by my friend Lauren. Her gardener friend is going on a long holiday overseas, so wont be growing summer crops this year. She offloaded her worm juice onto Lauren, who passed it on to me. I gladly accepted it, but have never used it before. A good oportunity to learn about something new.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions,
Lena
graceful_garden
Hahira, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2008
12:48 AM

Post #5723833

Lena - I don't know anything about the tea, but I know the castings do not need to be "cut" with anything else before use - they won't burn your plants, even using them straight. I would guess that you could use the tea full-strenght, as well, but maybe someone else with experience can help! Good luck! Samantha
LenaBeanNZ
Brisbane
Australia
(Zone 10b)

October 28, 2008
1:41 AM

Post #5724026

Thanks Samantha. I diluted the tea 1:5 to water my houseplants and mature seedlings with this morning. It was such a pale colour, I hoped it would be ok. Glad to know I cant/ didint burn my plants with it. I am still hoping someone can shed a bit more light on it for me though!

:-) Lena

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Soil and Composting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Clay poppysue 16 Oct 21, 2013 3:56 PM
Free compost, myth or truth JaiMarye 14 Oct 27, 2010 6:58 AM
Who Bakes Dirt 76summerwind 29 Apr 4, 2008 6:22 PM
sterilizing options tiG 22 Mar 29, 2008 7:47 PM
Soil & Fertilizer: Compost Tea SoCal 119 Mar 5, 2008 11:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America