Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: The Flowerpot cafe' XV (15)

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 252, Views: 1,077
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 27, 2008
7:56 PM

Post #5722872

Hi Star, this should help to get you here quicker! We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/910458/
Now, I do believe the feature wall is up for discussion? Does anyone wish the olive colour to be changed, and is there a suggestion for new colour? And more importantly, who's going to do it?
Zany, no need for classes, I've been reading a good floristry book. It has guidelines which help to make order in an arrangement. Hope your legs aren't too sore from that bike ride!
Guess I've got competition for the chocolates in the cafe', blimmen Plantgeek! Who invited her anyway? oh, yeah, that was me, well...*mumble, mumble* Just make sure you give me a fair go at them! LOL
Hi Candee, back from your little cabin in the woods! Glad you had a good time, as always!
Our clocks went forward about 3 weeks ago. I hate it! Some of the other states don't have daylight savings, and it gets tricky working out what the time is, but I guess you Americans have that problem too?
Ok, well enjoy your cappucino's (Terri, spelling!) as I have to ready myself for class and zoom off!
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Click the image for an enlarged view.

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2008
8:06 PM

Post #5722903

Thank you .. For once I didn't get left behind either!!! : )

Saw that about changing time and thought I forgot to set mine. Forget when we have to do it here.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 27, 2008
10:04 PM

Post #5723269

So glad to have a new cafe #, that last one drove me nuts! 15 is a great number.
Sue not at the little cabin this time, went to grandbabies 2nd bday at the beach. Got her one of them Power driveable Jeeps, just like grandpas at the cabin. She is such a dollbaby!
Perhaps Zany could use these wheels instead of the bike, not that the bike isn't great, but this would be easier on those CA hills.
As for the olive, I don't want a change, I want to go with it as it is mod beyond mod and we needed a real change.
Steven, are you gonna make it over here, we been missing you.
How bout that KArma and Traci, are you ever coming back, did we scare you off?
Sue I also love what you did with those lilies. Time, heck I don't even know what day it is mosta the time!

Thumbnail by haighr

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 27, 2008
11:19 PM

Post #5723455

Oh crap, it's that time again to change time. Who thunk of that? Silly rabbit. At least I'm my own boss, so if I'm late for work, oh well.

What a little cutie! Looks on top of the world with her big blue vroom vroom. I would be too.

Why Terri, that is so sweet. How did you know that I needed a new pair of boots? And a boa to match! I can't imagine where you got the idea for that. lol I absolutely love them. Look out now, got my boots and as boa and I'm ready to goah. Ding dada ding, dada ding, dada ding...

Zany, you win the chocolates! Or was that Candee? Well, whoever looked in my secret hiding place... burrrp,'scuse me... wins. Ooowee, sure is high up here in these new heels. Ooops, fell face first into a box of chocolates. Sorry Sue. Well, not really, mmmm,
hehehe Guess you better get youself over here while the gettin's good. I've had one too many brews and can't control myself. Y'all help yourselves to a cold one.
Hmmm... I think I'll make some home brew for our bazzar, hot spiced meade. Yeah, that will go great with this cooler weather. (and chocolate, always with the chocolate)
I'll just put all the ingredients into my Hurry The @#$# Up Machine, and presto! I even brought earthen mugs to serve from. First round is on me. Cheers y'all.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2008
12:07 AM

Post #5723614

So is Madame Woodonthewall wanted as the new hostess with the mostest?
Plantgeek, she is there to pick you up but be careful she loves to dress in heels!

This message was edited Oct 27, 2008 8:10 PM

Thumbnail by haighr

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 28, 2008
12:23 AM

Post #5723683

I'm sure we will have the mostest fun. Whooops...slipped again. Why thank you Madame. You are too kind. Chocolates?
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 28, 2008
12:54 AM

Post #5723861

I agree, lets keep the decor as is for awhile. It is very nice and I am luvin the modern ergonomic seating in the lounge. I am not sure if that wall is olive or forest green but it is very soothing and was an excellent choice. Candee, I think Madame Woodsy has fitted in nicely and should have the security of full time employment here.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 28, 2008
11:41 AM

Post #5725088

Ditto
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2008
11:49 AM

Post #5725116

Okay, I will give Madame Woodsy the good news. She will be thrilled, although she won't express it, she keeps a stiff upper lip for appearances in public. But sure she will be dancin in her quarters when we aren't lookin.
I love the seating as well, but must admit, I fell off the first one I tried cause there was nothing to lean against, but have since mastered most of it and am a bit more careful before just plopping my butt down on something.
Madame thanks you pg, but must maintain her figure so will not indulge in the chocolates, so that makes more for us!
I am not sure I properly thanked Terri for all those special cookies, what a gallant effort on her part to make them with our names, she does have an eye for detail doesn't she?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 28, 2008
12:15 PM

Post #5725169

Tell Madame Woodsy that the chocolates are majic- no calories, and so she may indulge to her dear heart's content.

Yes, Terri is awesome. Hat's off to our culinary magician extraordinare!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2008
12:26 PM

Post #5725198

Just so Zany realizes that the jeep is a perfect fit for her, I gave it a spin myself and drove it right to her door. Now can I get a lift home?

Thumbnail by haighr

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 28, 2008
12:42 PM

Post #5725228

LOL I want one of those. Looks like too much fun.
Come on Candee, I'll give you a lift. Here, have one of these brews (don't look at the time) and the magic bubbles will lift you up. All you have to do is flap your arms and we are on our way. Bet you never thought you would be chugging a brew at 9am and flapping like a duck. Hey, we must be at an Octoberfest doing the duck dance.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2008
1:47 PM

Post #5725413

Well I can imagine chugging a brew at 9 but would likely have to chug several before I begin flapping. But it works, those bubbles are so soft they are like clouds zipping me back, now to get down, must I start bursting a few bubbles when I am ready?
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

October 28, 2008
3:28 PM

Post #5725781

hi
i got here but i am empty hand right now
love all picture
been helping huband with rabbit and goat
been to dr
just old woman
i will think of something for the cafe
hang this on a wall
elle
he thing he king of the farm

Thumbnail by ellesgh

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2008
4:02 PM

Post #5725897

Now he could be Zany's new ride and I'll keep the jeep? You are never empty handed Elle - you always bring yourself, your sense of humor and your fun! - And Goats!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 28, 2008
4:48 PM

Post #5726051

I think I will let Candee keep the jeep and I will have fun with that goat. I'll get busy and make me a goat cart! When I'm not riding with him I can put him out on the slope behind the fence to eat the brambles and weeds for me. In fact, he can be a source of income because people sometimes rent goats to clear property. Now that is a win win!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 28, 2008
8:41 PM

Post #5726908

Zany, all you hafta do is burp. But not too much. This is an aerial art that requires precision and controll. (remember Willy Wonka?)

Hello Elle. Love that goat! He's a whopper. They are really wonderful critters, very intelligent and have the coolest eyes.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 29, 2008
5:46 AM

Post #5728583

Hi all, chattin away, wakin me up! Colder weather PG? Speak fro yourself! Very hot and humid here! Whew, all dirty and smelly from mowing lawns and working in gardens! Yuk. Don't sit too close! I haven't had a chance to zip home and have a shower. Give me some of that bubbly you two!
Candee, that buggy looks awesome. You look very small! Are you a Leprechaun?
I suppose we can keep the wall for awhile, I thought in the abscence of floral arrangements, it must be putting you all off! So did i have the numbers right for roman numerals meaning 14? 15 was much easier.
Madam Woodonthewall can definitely stay, I say! Although she will have to go outside to smoke, I'm sure the other punters agree.
Hi Elle. That goat is great. His ear looks like a big dogs tongue! We should hang him on the door of the mens lavatory. (s%#thouse as it's called here)
Whoops, where did that come form. I've been in Australia far too long!
Well, the sun is still shining, and its cooled down enough for me to walk home now and have that shower. See you tomorrow, if you're lucky! LOL
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 29, 2008
10:41 AM

Post #5728761

Oh Sue, I thought that smell was the goat. lol Just "kidding". Here, have a cold brew. Made this myself, all organic ingredients, rich and heady. Or, I just made a batch of cooling herbal tea, my own concoction - flavored with a hint of raspberry and fresh collected honey.

Holy hoohahs, but is it cold or what! Down to 35 degrees this morning. Did anyone bring a wrap? Terri, I'm so glad you gave me this boa. At least my neck's warm. lol
Poor Madame Woodsy, freezing her bodacious @@ off. Here honey, have some mead.
Let's go snug up with the goat.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 29, 2008
11:37 AM

Post #5728859

Madame does not smoke, that is her prop, she just can't put it down, it is studded with diamonds!
LOL at the stinkin Sue, glad you weren't stinking when we were all visiting! Sounds like you are hard at work.
Leprechaun, well not quite but perhaps a little fairy!!! Now gotcha thinkin LOL!

This message was edited Oct 29, 2008 7:39 AM
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 29, 2008
5:33 PM

Post #5730156

Weed, that Frog with the snail cap is a hoot!

Candee, I believe in fairies and you might be one to fit that little jeep. But where are your wings? Did they fall off from eating too much chocolate and drinking too many Lattes?

I'm shivering this morning. The sun is playing peek-a-boo with the clouds and they say there is rain heading this way in the next couple of days. If so it is going to be a cold rain. I may have to crank the heater up soon because I'm already wearing 2 extra layers of clothes.

Gotta run some errands and get to work. You all be good while I'm out and about...or if you can't be good be careful
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 29, 2008
9:33 PM

Post #5730900

Well you outta be here Zany it is in the 40's and I haven't turned the heat up over 55 yet, refuse to until Nov. 1 and we are freezing, perhaps my wings froze and got knocked off.
Here is a bicycle for you to trick or treat in, it is holding my one and only bloom left in the garden a yellow echinacea and there are more buds coming ??? Better hurry before the first snow!

Thumbnail by haighr

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 30, 2008
2:59 AM

Post #5731986

Don't laugh but that is exactly the type bike I am looking for to ride around town. Trouble is most of them I find want more than I paid for my first 3 cars combined!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

October 30, 2008
6:04 AM

Post #5732373

just delivering these flowers for the corner. NZ flax flowers (slightly unusual in that they have yellow instead of red flowers BTW) and some Australian Lomandra longifolia flower and seed spikes. They smell amazing, like a mix of fiberglass resin and sweet vanilla.
got to run, things to water, very hot and humid, but dusty!
Thanks PG for the herbal tea, it was very cooling on my parched pie hole.
I am glad that Madam Woodonthewall doesn't smoke Candee. I like her much better now, and the doorway won't be full of tobacco smoke. LOL. Of course, fairy, now why didn't I think of that?
Zany, I borrowed the picture. Is'nt it cute? It makes me laugh. Somedays I'm the frog, somedays I'm the snail!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 31, 2008
6:26 AM

Post #5735885

Boy, I blink an eye and here we are, already in flowerpot cafe XV. There has been such a flurry of activities here - remodeling, new hirees, a festival with lovely purses, baskets and loads of chocolates, a variety of neat wall paintings, etc. It is amazing how creative you all are. I picked a lot of persimmons last weekend, but I guess it was too late to sell them at the festival.

Sue - what is another name for the New Zealand flax? That is such a neat looking flower - it is so exciting discovering new plants.

A great big hello to all the regulars!!!!! Zanymuse and plantgeek - I don't think we have met. Will try to pop in more often to make your acquaintances.
Dianne

Thumbnail by soilsandup

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 31, 2008
6:27 AM

Post #5735887

So, since I missed the festival, I am adding fresh cut persimmons to the cafe menu. Not as good as those chocolate covered strawvberries, but it is quite a healthy snack.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 31, 2008
7:49 AM

Post #5735936

Well hello soilsandup. It is very nice to meet you. The persimmons look wonderful. I have never tasted one though and am a bit hesitant to try new foods...can you tell me what they taste like?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 31, 2008
11:52 AM

Post #5736114

I'm with Zany here Dianne, they are quite lovely in appearance - sweet?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

October 31, 2008
12:23 PM

Post #5736175

A pleasure to meet you soilsandup. Those a very nice looking persimmons. I've never seen them sliced, only smashed for pudding. Love the symmetry. They are much bigger than the ones around here.
Mmmm... now I'm hankering for hot persimmon pudding with a dollup of freshmade whipped cream.

Hey, has anyone seen Terri? Did she fall into the pumpkin? It is a good place to hide to scare Trick-or-Treaters.

Happy Halloween everyone! I'm off to the lab to see what's on the slab. Bwahahahahah...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 31, 2008
3:15 PM

Post #5736701

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hi everyone, Happy Halloween!
Thanks for the new cafe Sue, everything is looking good. Beautiful NZ Flax arrangement.
Love the jeep, what a fantastic present! The bicycle is so cute Candee!
Nice to see the King of the farm elle.
I haven't tried persimmons either, the texture looks like a nectarine! Thanks Dianne.

Trick or Treat?
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 31, 2008
4:11 PM

Post #5736909

Hey all. Only got aminute to stay, but just found out about the phot contest. Maybe some of ya cna enter your designs and creations.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/911283/
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 31, 2008
5:16 PM

Post #5737142

Hi all - persimmons are one of my favorite fruits - especially in the fall because there are not too many other fresh fruits around. What I have is the Fuyu variety, and you can eat those when they are crunchy. Texture is like an apple when picked firm, and it is quite sweet. I have to warn people that there are two main kinds of persimmons - the other is the Hachiya variety, and you have to wait until they are mushy to eat them. They are the ones that are normally used in baking and in probably the pudding that PG mentioned. The Fuyus will ripen and soften too, but I prefer to eat them when they are hard. You can tell the difference mainly in the shape - the Fuyu has a rounded bottom, while the Hachiya has a pointed bottom. I have given persimmons to friends who loved it, and then they see it in the stores and buy the wrong kind. The wrong kind is extremely astringent, and will really make your mouth pucker. You do NOT want to eat those before they are mushy. Whew - end of my long-winded dissertation on persimmons! LoL. But, do try the Fuyus when you get the chance. And yes, I am going to brag a little here, I do have the biggest Fuyus in these parts. A couple was 3/4 lbs. I posted this photo in the what's blooming in my garden, but am posting it here so that you can see the persimmon tree in the background.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 31, 2008
5:21 PM

Post #5737168

and here is a closeup where you can see the shape of the fruit. The above photo of the harvest has some of the persimmons upside down so that you can see the flattened bottoms too. If you looked very closely, at the rear of the counter top is a Hachiya persimmon, placed upside down, with the pointy side up. That dark orangy-red color means that is ripe and mushy

This message was edited Oct 31, 2008 10:27 AM

Thumbnail by soilsandup

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 31, 2008
7:35 PM

Post #5737527

Hi Star, Thanks for the photo contest link. Is anyone going to enter?
WoW! Dianne you certainly have a great crop this year. What is the lovely blue flower on the left?

Thanks for the Treat! Great addition to the cafe' menu.

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 31, 2008
8:09 PM

Post #5737605

Now I am going to have to try some. I think I saw some in the produce market the other day... I hope they are the sweet crunchy kind and not the pucker you up type...now I know where the old expression "She is a parsimonious old bag" comes from ;~) LOL the neighbors said that a lot about the woman down the street from us when I was a kid. I always thought they were talking about her constantly pursed and puckered lips.

Well, I'm off to work and then off to San Francisco to visit Bob and drive his car home. I'll be back Sunday or Monday.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 31, 2008
9:39 PM

Post #5737829

Terri - the bluish/purplish flower is Tibouchina urvilleana (aka as princess flower). Great long bloomer.

Zany - I have never heard of the word parsimonious so I just had to look it up - it does mean misery and stingy. But, I like your idea of using the word persimmonious to mean someone with "constantly pursed and puckered lips" Hope that Bob is feeling better and have a nice trip to SF.

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 31, 2008
10:55 PM

Post #5738050

I pared down this arrangement a little for the cafe. So Sue, here is a red and black arrangement for one of the tables - no orange or metallics though.

Happy Halloween everyone. I took the easy route this year and am dressing up as a boy scout - thanks to my son who happened to have kept his uniform.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 31, 2008
11:43 PM

Post #5738191

Have a good weekend Zany, Hope Bob is recovering well.

Thanks for the lovely arrangement Dianne. Happy halloween and have fun dressing up! It was freezing outside here tonight!

Trick or Treaters were following me on my way here, are we opening the door or not?? LOL!

Thumbnail by terriculture

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2008
11:17 PM

Post #5744970

Did the DG photo contest the first 2 years of DG n gave up, too much too soon and too many contenders. The site has really gotten too big for me and cannot keep upl Used to like havin a RU a couple of years, but now way too large for my taste and too hard to keep up with.
I really like DG , but must admit gets a bit tiring after a bit, am getting weary Dave.!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 3, 2008
4:05 AM

Post #5746098

Well, I made it back from S.F. and it was great to see my guy for a while. He is holding in there and we are hoping for the best. We still don't know how long before he will be able to come home but we are taking it one step at a time.

Candee, I hope you don't weary of us too much! I have cut back to just a few forums these days and although I miss seeing some people regularly it is easier than trying to keep up on everything and feeling bad when I fail.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2008
12:53 PM

Post #5746760

Zany so glad you got to see your guy for a visit. Hope he recups quickly and can get home soon.
Not weary of the cafe, just commenting about the photo contest that was mentioned, I used to enter and vote, but if you check it out there is just too much to even consider voting, there are thousands of entries to look at. I just don't have the time or patience anymore I guess.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 4, 2008
12:45 AM

Post #5748987

Hi everyone! Winters here, come in the cafe and warm up!! ok Sue it's summer for you!!

Hi Zany, glad to hear Bob is doing ok. Hope it's not too long before he will be home again with you.

Hi Candee, Lol , getting weary Dave!!! I wonder if 'Dave' has ever been to our cafe?!!
I haven't got the time or patience to go through that amount of photo's either!! Love seeting your photos Candee, you are really good at taking pictures. Love the creative frames you make too!

I am going to the florists either tomorrow or wednesday !!!! Hope to get some nice flowers. It's my flower club on wed night, the last competition for this year. The theme is 'Fireworks' as usual I don't have any ideas yet Lol! Suggestions would be very much appreciated. It also depends on what flowers are available of course.

Been missing you all!

This message was edited Nov 4, 2008 12:48 AM
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2008
1:09 AM

Post #5749078

Oh a trip to the florist, lucky you fresh flowers for you and the club. Remember to bring them to the cafe when finished.
I have been weary all day, think I am catching one of your bugs, hope not next week is my big babysitting week all week with Abygail.
Didn't you start out the year doing a fireworks for the club, or have I completely lost my mind. Last of the year, you mean they don't have a Christmas theme?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 4, 2008
1:26 AM

Post #5749205

Ohh lovely! a whole week with Abygail, better star resting now to to prepare LoL! I hope you will bring her to visit the cafe again!
I will make sure I get some reds and orange flowers at the florists, to fix up the tables in here!!
You haven't lost your mind, I did say it was fireworks one month, got mixed up with autumn shades I think.
In December they have fancy gift wrapping instead of a competition. Everyone wraps a gift and they are given to the old folks home.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2008
12:35 PM

Post #5754587

Can't wait to see how you gussy up the tables in here. I don't have anything to offer right now, perhaps later I can find something.
Fancy gift wrapping, I'll bet you are an expert at that as well. I will try to get Abygail to the cafe, if she hasn't worn me out too much!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 5, 2008
9:08 PM

Post #5756272

Keep the coffee hot...I'll be back soon but right now I am off to prepare the house for a wheel chair. Bob is coming home! He'll have to have a home nurse come in every other day as well as a phsical therapist and when I'm not at work I'll have to wait on him hand and foot... but he'll be home!

Our meager savings are gone and we will have to save every penny we can so I will not be renewing my subscription to DG for a while but this forum and a couple others are still open to non subscribers so I will be around still. Hugs all around and I'm off!!!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 6, 2008

Post #5758279

Thrilled to hear you are getting Bob home. Try to pace yourself so you don't wear yourself out with all you have to do. Do you have anyone else around that can give you a hand with things?
I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and look forward to seeing you pop in any chance you get. Take care and we'll keep the latte steaming 24/7.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 6, 2008
1:06 PM

Post #5758325

Congratsulations Zany! Glad to hear the good news. I'll keep chocolates on hand too.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 6, 2008
5:03 PM

Post #5759060

Hi Zany, That is such Great news to hear Bob is coming home! Try not to tire yourself out!
It's good to know the medical side of things will be taken care of with the nurse making home visits.
C'mon eveeryone Zany needs coffee to keep her going!!!!! I know you all have coffee jugs in America!!!!!! LOL

Hi Candee, No I'm not an expert at gift wrapping, actually I'm rubbish at it . LoL!
Hope the Abygail preparations are coming along nicely?

Hi Plantgeek88! Nice to see you around these parts. I've been missing you mate!!!!!

Well, I'm off to play with my lovely new flowers!!!! catch you all later...
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 6, 2008
5:27 PM

Post #5759135

Can't wait to see your next creation. I think about 1 more trip to the grocery store will finish me off Terri LOL! Will likely still have to pick up a few things. I believe my MIL is going to come a few days as well to see her.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 6, 2008
5:41 PM

Post #5759166

Well if you MIL is coming, maybe you shouldn't bring Abygail to the cafe in cyber space!
She might think you have a screw loose. Lol!

This message was edited Nov 6, 2008 5:42 PM
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 6, 2008
6:20 PM

Post #5759256

She knows I have a screw loose! Perhaps I will bring them both!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 6, 2008
7:07 PM

Post #5759378

Everyone is welcome at our cafe!

Come on over and guess which is my Firework arrangement , Please friend! Any one of them could be mine, it's not that easy! or maybe it is???
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 6, 2008
8:42 PM

Post #5759884

Yes Terri, we have jugs here. lol
Whew, been busy with work, running 2 businesses, daily chores, cats and snakes and DW and... and... whew! Where's that danged coffee?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 6, 2008
10:14 PM

Post #5760223

OOpps! sorry about the delay. Been cooking then helping one DD with homework and the other DD with hair dye!
Now that the homework DD has gone to bed and the hair dye DD has gone out with her boyfriend...
Chillax time for me, now I'm knackered LoL!

New coffee pot for one coming up! BTW, it will be REAL coffee, otherwise the arrangement quiz (on another thread) will be out the bag once you see my flowers!!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 6, 2008
10:25 PM

Post #5760260

Oooh, can't wait to see. I bet it will be spectacular.
Real coffee mmmmm. (Homer Simpson drooling)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 6, 2008
11:04 PM

Post #5760371

Here's your little pot for one, sorry no doughnuts today!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 6, 2008
11:05 PM

Post #5760375

I thought it looked cute, and the cup comes with it!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 6, 2008
11:31 PM

Post #5760452

Thank you Terri. Ummm ummm. Just what I needed. And what a neat serving set. Makes the java all the better. :)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2008
12:10 AM

Post #5760595

While you are here, you might like to browse the latest flower arranger magazine.
I'll leave it on the coffee table in the lounge!

Here's something to eat from the mag!

Coconut ice
Pumpkin Bites
Sedum parcel

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2008
12:12 AM

Post #5760605

Berry Delight
Coffee Rings

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2008
12:14 AM

Post #5760613

Chocolate Log
Battenburg Slice

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2008
12:15 AM

Post #5760621

If anyone wants the instructions , I'll type them out.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2008
12:18 AM

Post #5760632

Some arrangements to fit in with our modern theme.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2008
12:19 AM

Post #5760643

From the European Floral Academy...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2008
12:23 AM

Post #5760655

Metalic container Sue!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2008
12:27 AM

Post #5760675

Ikebana arrangements...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2008
12:28 AM

Post #5760685

Arum lilies

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2008
12:30 AM

Post #5760692

Last one for tonight! Goodnight all.

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 7, 2008
12:30 AM

Post #5760693

Wow, these are all very nice! Thank you. Great yummies to go with coffee, beautiful blooms, pals, what more could anyone want?
Terri, you rock!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 7, 2008
12:31 AM

Post #5760696

'Night dear. Me too. I'm whooped.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2008
12:34 AM

Post #5760708

Thanks PG, glad you enjoyed them. Sleep well !
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2008
12:44 AM

Post #5760741

Well you better rest Terri, you have been quite busy. Those are some splendid ideas in the magazine. I have always been enamoured with that Ikebana, really my kinda thing. Sweet dreams to all!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

November 7, 2008
1:30 AM

Post #5760911

hi all, dropping in an arrangement for the weekend, as i will be spending time with Mum, so might not get in for a couple of days. Glad Bob is coming home Zany, good to see you both candee, and Plantgeek.
Terri, it is difficult to pick your arrangement. Maybe if we knew the other competitors, we would know their style also? Thanks for all the goodies!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 7, 2008
1:49 AM

Post #5761046

Weed, that is lovely. I love the leaves at the bottom. they really stage the arrangenemt beautifully.

Terri, that one with the two different green leaves is very striking. I love the simple elegance of it.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2008
11:10 AM

Post #5762069

Wakey Wakey! Good Morning, It's a lovely sunny day here! Candee, I do admire the Ikebana style, but find it very difficult to do. I'm more your cram it all in , over the top style LoL!
( night night Sue)!
Have a good weekend with your Mum, be good! no burping, swearing or *arting LoL
BEAUTIFUL flowers! are they all from your garden? love the leaves too, they look great hangin' there! Did you use oasis at the top of the vase?
Hi Zany, that one is my favourite too! So elegant, reminds me to use light and dark shades of green for more impact!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2008
12:31 PM

Post #5762187

[quote]cram it all in [/quote] now doesn't that beat all, yeah, sure that is what you do !!!
Sue, those are lovely and I bet they are from your bloomin wonderland down under now aren't they? Tell you mum hello from all of us and do be sure to take her to the Big Banana!

This message was edited Nov 7, 2008 7:31 AM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2008
3:20 PM

Post #5762733

Hello Candee!
How are you ? whats the weather like? what day is Abygail arriving?
Here's an arrangement for the cafe. Orange and red Roses Eucalyptus sp? leaves and stems. ( just hide it in the corner please)!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2008
3:57 PM

Post #5762883

Oh very mod and perfect for the cafe.
It is actually 75 degrees today, I am leaving work early and cut grass. They arrive on Saturday!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 8, 2008
12:52 AM

Post #5764643

Terri - thanks a lot for all those wonderful pictures. I have a lot of potential "stuff" in my garden, just am at a loss as to how to use them. the one that you have labelled Arum lilies - what are the feathery stalks? Almost look like some kind of Euphorbia, but a little finer.

Sue and Terri - lovely arrangements. Sue - what are the orange flowers?? Have a great time with your mom.

Zany - don't have much of a way of coffee pots. Will a teapot do? Bob is one lucky guy to have your loving care. Candee - have fun with Abygail. I am going to a "black and white" ball tomorrow at my dance studio...but I will be wearing purple.

Plantgeek - cats and snakes??? quite a combo there. We had three foster kittens for the past three weeks - two went to their adoptive home yesterday. One littlest one will be neutered next Wednesday (it took a bit longer for her to gain weight) and then she will join her two brothers in their new home. The person decided to adopt all three of them. I get to have my bathroom back (that was where my daughter decided their litter box and eating area will be)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 8, 2008
3:09 PM

Post #5766146

Hi everyone! Have a good weekend.

Candee, Thanks! Have a great week with your grandbaby and MIL!
Will that be the last mowing of the year?

Dianne, Thank you! About that Arum lily arrangement, in the mag it says...
This design uses two containers in the form known as 'straight and crossing' Euphorbia stems stand vertically, with Phormium (varigated New Zealand flax) leaves as the crossing lines. Arum lilies, and small branches of green skimmia are used low to complete the arrangement.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with your 'potential stuff'!!
Why (may I ask) are you wearing purple to your 'black and white' ball ?!!! Have fun anyway!

Here's an arrangement for the cafe. I used Iris leaves and Roses..

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 8, 2008
3:19 PM

Post #5766178

A bit closer..

I'm off out to watch Liverpool, win hopefully!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 8, 2008
11:36 PM

Post #5767983

Can't chat long, dinner party to attend.
Terri and Sue, gorgeous flowers and arraingments! Hat's off. I love seeing new plants too.

Soilsandup, hat's off to you too for taking care of the kitties. And yes, snakes and cats may be an unusual mix, but you should see all the other creatures I wanted to bring home.

Ok, Zany, Candee, all of y'all, have a great evening.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2008
3:51 PM

Post #5770039

Hi plantgeek (love your name)! Thanks!
Hope you enjoyed your dinner party and are not feeling too hung over today!! Don't forget to tell Dianne about your spider friend too!.
Liverpool won... Happy days!!!!!
Dianne, Did you dance the night away???

Hello lurkers!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 9, 2008
4:16 PM

Post #5770144

Morning everyone. Nope, not a bit hung over, a little too much roasted squash perhaps.

Ah yes, Spider. Sue has this huge spider that was gracious enough to allow me to fit a saddle onto her and took me for rides to the beach and into the bush. She also accompanied me through customs "to negotiate" getting seeds passed. Sweet gal.

Congratulations Terri on your teams victory!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2008
4:32 PM

Post #5770193

Are you going to turn into a Liverpool supporter???? YAY!!!!!!

On the Menu today we have EGGS...

Boiled... (a yellow rose)!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2008
4:35 PM

Post #5770209

Scrambled

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2008
4:36 PM

Post #5770215

and

Sunny side up!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 9, 2008
5:44 PM

Post #5770422

Bravo! A most excellent display of courses. I cannot chose, they all are so wonderful, so I will have to have one of each.

Ahhhhhh...most satisfying. Thank you Terri. :)

I'm now whipping up a batch of organic muffins stuffed full of fresh-picked blueberries,
Mandarin orange and pecan scones, and huge pot of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee.

Brunch is served y'all. Go Liverpool!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2008
6:21 PM

Post #5770521

Dianne, I have the same queston - purple to a b&w ball? Very ingenious on your part. Now if it was a black and blue ball I would understand the use of purple LOL.
Excellent arrangements, now am sorry that I mulched my iris leaves the other day after mowing. Mowing will be over when the leaves are all down as I like to mulch them. Congrats Terri on your win.
I love the scrambled eggs they look like the ones I made this morn with cheese and steak.
Abygail arrived yesterday and she and Tasha are visiting this afternoon, they don't fly out until Tues and hopefully not into hurricane Paloma that is in the caribbean. MIL Ruth came this morn and we are watching the boob tube right now.
plantgeek, that sounds like quite a batch of food and the coffee sounds irrestible, may I trouble you for a cup? I can send Madame Woodsy to fetch it.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2008
6:46 PM

Post #5770644

Plantgeek, thanks, LoL no- one can eat 3 eggs surely!! Paul Newman ate 50 in a film can you beat that?!!
Ohhh your scones sound delicious, 3 please! A friend of mine went to Jamaica on holiday and she brought me some of that Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee. It is really nice, very expensive here!
Thank you for the treats today! ... Please may I have another cup?

Hi Candee, Thank you. Good to hear you are feeding them all top quality scran over at your place!
Hope the hurricane doesn't cause any damage and they are all safe. Have fun!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 9, 2008
7:04 PM

Post #5770708

plantgeek88, I reread a few of the posts here and you mentioned that you have been busy running 2 businesses. Can I be nosey and ask what kind of businesses they are? I struggle keeping the house up with just one job these days.

Terri, will that last arrangement stand on it's own or does it have hidden support? It looks so neat I may try to copy it when the roses are in bloom again.

Soils, a teapot would be great. I actually drink tea a lot more often than coffee.

I started thinking about the many pets we have had over the years. Of course there were the dogs and cats and guinee pigs, and hamsters and rats, a toad in a terririum, a tarantula, a crawdad, freshwater aquariums and a 100 gallon salt water tank, parakeets, myna bird, cockatiels, canaries, a duck named Danald Duck, lizards, snakes, a cricket, a possum, a racoon, a fat hen that never layed an egg, a goat and Elizabeth the lamb. LOL and no, we lived in the city and not a farm with all of those!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 9, 2008
7:10 PM

Post #5770722

I got interrupted while typing that last entry and when I came back and hit the send button I see I missed the wonderful brunch you prepared. A boiled egg and a pecan scone with a cup of tea sounds lovely. Yummy, and I didn't have to cook!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2008
7:16 PM

Post #5770741

Hi zany, yes it stands on it's own, no hidden support, just in a vase of water. The coloured wire is keeping the Iris leaves together at the top.
Hope Bob is recovering well?
WoW! that it a list and a half of pets!! I like the fat hen that never laid an egg... lol!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 9, 2008
8:00 PM

Post #5770868

LOL, I had to open the pictures and look again before my old eyes could see the dark vase. Now it makes sense!

Yeah, I always thought it was a rooster in drag because it kept trying to crow. It sounded like a sick canary and strutted like a rooster. I named her Confusion. She was almost as funny as Danold who was a mallard drake who thought he was a dog because my mutt at the time rasied him. Silly thing would even try to fetch the newspaper by dragging it across the lawn. Come to think of it I do believe that duck was the best watchdog we ever had.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 9, 2008
9:44 PM

Post #5771210

Please y'all, help yourselves to the goodies. There's plenty, buckets, boatloads. lol

And yes Terri, I can beat 50 eggs...with a whip. hahahahaha

Candee, living with so many critters must have been wonderful. And they seem like they were quite the characters too. I can just picture the duck dragging the paper and the hen must have been a hoot.
I had a tarantula once. Got her because the landlord's son kept hitting on me and was too stupid to understand rejection. I knew he was terrified of spiders, so I bought one, let him see it and when he came bothering again, I invited him inside, shut the door quickly and asked him if he would help me look for my new pet that had escaped from her tank.
I'm evil, yes, evil. bwahahahaha
So, it worked.

You are not being nosy at all Zany. I'm a painting contractor, getting too worn out for the job. Very toxic as well. So I have decided this year to start a plant business dealing with succulents, cacti, tropicals, unusuals, terrariam plants and endangered species.
Can't make a cent as a poet unless you are teaching, and good luck getting a position anywhere. So I thought I would go for something that I love doing instead of what I have to do. I would not want to have the deathbed regret of never trying.
It has been slow, navigating obstacles, but I guess I have to be like a seed and wait for the rain.
Whew, that was a mouthful. Time for some java.

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 11, 2008
1:40 AM

Post #5776074

Hi All - only have a few minutes, but wanted to pop in with a freshly brewed pot of Chrysanthemum tea for Zany and anyone else who wants some. Sorry Plantgeek - no java for now...hopefully you will be able to take a breather every now and then with your busy life.

Terri - loved all the different offerings of eggs you had. My, my, there were lots of other goodies to be had too.

The black and white ball is called that to signify that it is an occasion to dress in your finery - since there was going to be so many black and white dresses there, I decided to go with purple. I had a great time - closed up the place at half past midnight.

Loved all the stories about your various pets. I do have to clarify that it is my daughter who is fostering the kittens, I am just helping her out now and then. They are the cutest things though.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 11, 2008
2:11 AM

Post #5776190

soilsandup thanks for the lovely tea. It was a real pick-me-up.

plantgeek88, painting is definately something that gets harder with age, especially ladder work. The plant business sounds a lot more fun!

The Home health nurse came out and attatched Bob's wound vac. today and said the wound is starting to close in a bit which is good. He goes back to Frisco in 3 weeks. So far so good!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 11, 2008
4:22 PM

Post #5778094

so glady bob doing good
here have some fresh egg
they are the first from my chicken
i love the tea
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 11, 2008
6:04 PM

Post #5778506

Hi everyone! Hope the relos are all well and being looked after propa like!!

elle, Thanks for the fresh eggs! Good idea to bring some in, Plantgeek ate the last lot!!!
Will you be making Christmas goodies?

Zany, Great name for your hen, confusion LOL!!
Good news that Bob is on the mend, hope he's not tiring you out yet!!

Plantgeek, that was so cruel frightening the poor chap like that !!!! lol
Good luck with the new plant business, as you say, it's better than having regrets.

Dianne, Glad you enjoyed the ball, coming home after Cinderella time!!!
Thanks for the Chrysanth tea on the menu, they are pretty huge! and what a lovely teapot you have there.
I'm sure the tea drinkers will enjoy that brew!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 11, 2008
11:19 PM

Post #5779682

Fresh eggs! I do love eggs and fresh are mighty nice for a change.Thanks!

We are getting rain today but it is a warm rain and the temp is still sitting at 60 degrees. I found one of the grandkids left me a little present of their little water color set. You know the type with the hard little squares of color. I decided to give it a try... LOL kids paint on typing paper... I did a goldfish and a rooster. It was rather fun. I may just splurge on some real water colors and papers and see what I can do...I have no talent or skill but playing is rather relaxing and stress relieving.

I told Bob I think I'll paint a bunch of different pictures and do what most no talent hacks do with their not so great pieces...wrap them up and give them as gifts... after all, who doesn't like to get hand made gifts from untalented friends and family ;~)
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 12, 2008
12:54 AM

Post #5780105

Zany Darling, ... You DO have talent!
We have your Beautiful Artworks hanging here at the cafe and everyone loves them!
Keep chillaxing with your painting, you're doing great. looking forward to your next creation.

Freezing rain over here to report! Hate winter! moan moan...
Night night all.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 12, 2008
1:44 AM

Post #5780358

LOL, I'll have to add you to my gift list :~}
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 12, 2008
4:15 PM

Post #5782387

yes i will be making some for xmas
but what i do not know yet
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 13, 2008
3:10 PM

Post #5786079

Hi everyone! are we still open? think I see a light through the window!!

Yay! I'm on Zany's gift list , Thank you!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2008
3:16 PM

Post #5786102

Wow, I am glad I stopped in for that cuppa Dianne, exactly what I need right now, as it is raining and stuck inside.
Zany, confusion is the best name I have ever heard that is a hoot and glad to hear Bob's wound is healing, you must be taking great care of him.
plantgeek, sounds adventurous to start a new business, good for you. Right now you better get busy with that whip cause elle showed up with a bunch of eggs and am sure she has lots more.
Please allow me to introduce MIL Ruth and Abygail. They can't stay long as Ruth is going home today, but she has been having lots of fun with Abygail. Aby is now speaking O'la as if she is the one in PR LOL!

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2008
3:19 PM

Post #5786107

Lest I not forget Casey who is fondly called "bad dog" that is what Tasha and Aby call him and it fits!

Love the stained glass window we had installed, this is the first I had seen it!

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 13, 2008
3:53 PM

Post #5786258

Hi Candee, Ruth and Abygail,
Thanks for popping in to see us, you look so cosy on the sofa together, precious times!!
Just the thing to do on a rainy day.
'bad dog' looks very good to me!!!

Here'a a little Tea party for Abygail and Grandmas Ruth and Candee!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 13, 2008

Post #5786273

Abygails chair

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 13, 2008
4:04 PM

Post #5786286

Teaset!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 13, 2008
4:07 PM

Post #5786295

Some cakes for you all!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 13, 2008
5:14 PM

Post #5786541

Abygail is getting so big! Wasn't she born just a couple of days ago? That picture of Ruth and Abygail is priceless. It really captured the feeling of shared fun together.

Terry, that tea party looks grand and inviting. How do you fing time to come up with so many different arrangements!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 13, 2008
5:27 PM

Post #5786580

Hi Zany, I seem to have 100's now don't I? LoL!
I've been trying to put a portfolio together, but I never know which ones to choose!
I usually spend a day making different things (when the housework needs doing)! and hope that they will fit in one of the threads during the week!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2008
6:01 PM

Post #5786699

Well, Abygail just finished sitting on her throne Terri, eating all those fabulous treats and washin them down with the smily teas. You are too kind friend.
Zany, I cannot agree more, where does the time go? She was 2 in October and is she ever a dollbaby. Thanks so much.
Terri if you were here you might have a different perspective on bad dog LOL!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 13, 2008
6:15 PM

Post #5786735

Glad you enjoyed the tea party!
Here's a bouquet for Ruth to take home with her, nice meeting you! Merry Christmas!
Safe journey home.

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 13, 2008
6:21 PM

Post #5786755

i here but no time to help the cafe
the goat are driving me craze
every time i go chick my chichen
they get in the yard
you need to go thought the goat to get to the checken
got 4 egg so far
none today
need to work today
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 13, 2008
6:40 PM

Post #5786797

Hi elle, Sorry the goats are driving you crazy. That must be life in the Boonies! LoL
Have a good day at work.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 13, 2008
7:59 PM

Post #5787081

elle, tell those goats they better behave cause it has been years since I had a roasted goat! 4 eggs. That is breakfast for two. It sounds like they are starting to get the idea of what they are supposed to do.

Terri, from what we have seen here you should have one thick portfolio of wonderful and unique arrangements already!

Candee, has it really been 2 years already? My the time flies.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 13, 2008
8:42 PM

Post #5787250

Mmmmmm... roasted goat. It's not too baahaahaad. Sorry, couldn't let that one go. lol
I promise not to eat it all like I did the eggs. But they were so danged good.

Thanks for the eggs Ellesgh. There is nothing better than farm fresh. Real food!

What a wonderful pic Candee. Truly precious.

Good to hear Bob is doing well. I see he tried my remedy of dried Zanubian cave crickets. Tastes like crap, but works everytime.

Terri, I'm with you on bemoaning winter. I absolutely hate being cold and unable to grows things outside. I suppose we could move to Tahitti but... wait. I have an idea. How about constructing a humongous heated dome over the Cafe, say about 10 acres, tall enough for small trees and vines, filled with birds of paradise, exotic flora, a couple of monkeys...
Whadday'all say?

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 13, 2008
9:18 PM

Post #5787391

OOH, in the dome we can build a Star Trek Holodeck and set it to be anywhere in the universe according to our mood... Just think of the exotic plants we could have... LOL ok, I admit it, I'm a Star Trek fan.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 13, 2008
10:25 PM

Post #5787595

Yes, me too. Resistance is futile.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 13, 2008
11:22 PM

Post #5787775

Hello Treckies!!! Beam me up Scottie...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 14, 2008

Post #5787949

Exotic fruit bowl, tuck in!

Love the dome Plantgeek!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 14, 2008
12:15 AM

Post #5787957

Fresh fruit is good for you!!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 14, 2008
12:42 AM

Post #5788048

Wow! Hats off to you Terri. How beautiful. So yummy too! That really did make my mouth water.

Well. 'night all. Gotta go snuggle up and watch a movie. Oh darn. lol

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 14, 2008
12:53 AM

Post #5788086

Thanks Plantgeek! Enjoy the movie .. snuggle snuggle!!!

Hey Sue!!!!!!!! Has Mummy gone home yet???

'night all.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 14, 2008
1:23 AM

Post #5788217

That is the perfect center piece for the Thanksgiving diner table!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 14, 2008
1:35 AM

Post #5788272

Lovely arrangement, Teri. I love how your plant purchases show up in so many different places, and in so many different ways. You get a lot of bang for your money. The tea party was a great idea for the special guests Abygail and Ruth. Sorry I missed them.

Elle - I have vegetables and fruits from my yard, and thought about getting a few hens for some eggs. How many do you have, and are they a lot of work? Not sure if our city ordinances will allow me to have any...

I actually volunteered to work at a Star trek convention about 30 years ago when all the original stars were in it.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 14, 2008
5:32 PM

Post #5790582

the chicken are no trouble
i feed them 2 time a day and water them
no egg the last two day
i miss it
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 14, 2008
6:47 PM

Post #5790846

Hi everyone

Thanks Zany, I didn't think of a Thanksgiving table when I made it!!
Thanks Dianne, I try to use the flowers a few times, first tall then short!!!!

Hi elle, Don't worry about the hen, I think she is a very special hen.
This morning I collected all these eggs she laid for us!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 14, 2008
7:34 PM

Post #5790993

Just popping back in with some tea and coffee before I go out tonight!!

Coffee pot,...oooops, I spilt a bit!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 14, 2008
7:38 PM

Post #5791004

Dianne, did you wear a costume for the Star Trek convention?

Tea anyone?

Have a great weekend, chillax guys!

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 14, 2008
7:41 PM

Post #5791011

You too Terri. Very lovely arraignments, as always. I'm curious though as to how that chicken stamped its eggs, before or after laying them? lol
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 14, 2008
7:46 PM

Post #5791026

Hi Plantgeek, Very funny!! Actually I put the stamp on, it says ' elles fresh eggs' lol!!
Have a good one, Cheers mate!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 14, 2008
9:09 PM

Post #5791292

Cheers to you too!

Soilsandup, that sounds like a great idea. I'd love to have a big yard full of critters.
Ellesgh, you have a really good thing there on a farm. I'm sure there are some things that are not easy, but to me, it's better to dodge road apples than idiot drivers everyday.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 14, 2008
9:55 PM

Post #5791431

yes
we are trying to make it like the old day farm
rabbit.chicken.goat
dog
we are getting a calf or two
we try to grow our own veg.
and my flower
elle
PS.
on a 40 A place
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 15, 2008

Post #5793240

Elle, that sounds so wonderful. I would happy-dance myself stupid if I had 40 acres to play with. Hats off to y'all for giving it a go. I had a friend who did the same thing and I know it's not easy, but what a great way to live.
Some pals of mine are venders at a farmer's market and grow a lot of organic heirloom veggies and flowers, so much better than the crap sold in stores. If we want to feel real, we have to eat real. So there. lol
Good luck to you and if you are ever looking for seeds, let me know. I may be able to locate them or their sources.
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

November 15, 2008
10:02 PM

Post #5794866

Hi everybody. Busy as all get out righ tnow, but the weathe rso lousey, just had to pop in and get a sniff from around the cafe and look at some beauty. 23F temps do a number on th eplants. Most everythign has gone dormant here. Stuffed some mum plants that trying to bug in gh and hopefully will have them to make an arrangement from.

Hope everybody is doign well and their gardens too!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 15, 2008
10:54 PM

Post #5795075

23f brrr. We are having a lovely break in the storms here today with the sun shining, temps in the high 60's to low 70's and the air so crispy clean from the last rains that you can see forever... too bad I'm stuck at home and not able to take a long drive in the country because today is the perfect day for it. But since I am stuck at home with the darling, I called my brother and talked him into taking my Mother out on a day trip around the lost coast. It is about a 5 hour drive along the coast, very steep, narrow, winding road with some of the most beautiful scenery and vistas on the planet. He's never been on it and Mom hasn't been out that way since 1998 when Dad was still able to travel some.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 16, 2008
5:30 PM

Post #5797655

Ruth loved the bouquet Terri, she raved about it all the way home. You have all been very busy it appears. elle, your chickens sure got productive when Terri threatened them with the hose if they didn't get busy and produce for you.
plantgeek a goat for you, now is that just for company or to help with the lawn mowing?
Zany, I will happily go along on that drive along the coast, but beware, if my eye begins to wander we may wind up in the ocean.
Dianne, I am not sure I would ask about chickens in Sacramento, all that clucking could get your neighbors stirred up LOL!
Steven, haven't seen you in a while, you doing okay or frozen solid these days.
We had temps as high as 78 F yesterday and today had some snow showers - talk about weird weather?
Nice to be back and those teas etc were all a welcome sight for these tired eyes, knees, elbows LOL! Not long till T-day and another house full, but will be ready when it gets here. Hope we can all take turns with that centerpiece, our meal will be around noon, so if I could use it from 12-1 that would be great!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 16, 2008
6:55 PM

Post #5798000

LOL. The goat would be for company, not much lawn to speak of since I replaced grass with blooming things. Goats are very cool critters, love the eyes too.

We get weird weather like that all the time here, so much so, that no one pays it much attention and if we don't get it, something's wrong. lol

My DW and I have decided to stay home for Tday this year and stuff ourselves with grilled scallops, shrimp and something green, watch a good movie, tell each other silly jokes, smooch and enjoy the quiet. No drunks on the roads to contend with, no blustery realatives, and no danged football game blaring on the TV for the boys to watch while we are expected to clean up. Whoohoo!!! I'm so thankful. lol
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 16, 2008
9:52 PM

Post #5798597

Sounds like a great plan plantgeek. We used to do the seafood thing at Christmas holiday just for a change from traditional. I do a lot of cookin on t-day, but do a lot the day ahead and then not so much to do on the big day. I don't have a dishwasher so I do wind up with a lot after, but doing a day ahead not so much initially.
We do our quiet smooching at Christmas while we are away on R&R.
Lucky you not much kentucky grass to contend with, we have been working on the same thing, hence our isle of dreams that too care of a lot of mowing.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

November 17, 2008
10:42 AM

Post #5800097

Hi Candee and geek, whens T-day? is that thanksgiving?
We have seafood at xmas, because its usually so darned hot! The last few years we've had some of the neighbours over for a champagne breaky, then we all jump in the pool! The visitors usually have to go to their rellos houses for lunch, so me and Bill are left to finish off the bubbly and smooch also! I can't wait, it also means 2 weeks off from weeding others gardens!
I think Steven never forgave me for trying to steal his orchid when at my house the other month. I haven't seen or heard from him since, not even a thankyou for putting him up, but I guess thats to be expected for being such a rotten host and wanting his orchid for myself!
I have been lurking but been busy with some stuff so haven't had much time to stop in for a chat. I have been following the conversation though, so don't forget, I'm watching you's!
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 17, 2008

Post #5800291

Wow, what is that tree with purple blooms? How beautiful! Love to have one.

Yes, T-day is Thanksgiving, also known as turkey day (for being a turkey if you get out in the madnness of traffic).

Your X-mas sounds wonderful. I'll go for that!
We mostly keep to ourselves that day too, except for one quick obligatory visit to deliver a few goodies to a niece and nephew who are too young to understand that some folks don't celebrate xmas. Then, it's back home to snuggle up with the cats and snakes, our housefull of plants, each other and much silliness,chocolate, smooches... and the rest is none of your all's buisness. lol

Ok Lurkey Sue, don't wear yourself out and keep in touch.
Candee, more dreaming, less mowing.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 17, 2008
1:04 PM

Post #5800315

Thanksgiving is Thursday, November 27 this year. The cooking begins on Wednesday at my house.
I understand the no celebrate with gifts and a lotta hoopla on Christmas plantgeek. Steve and I go away every Christmas and have been doing so since the kids have been out on their own. They all come home for T-day and opening of deer season but then off to their inlaws at the Christmas holiday.
I'll be jumping in a pool as well this Christmas Sue, as we will be in PV for the holiday. No gift exchange at all and we just get a few things for the grandbabies. Sounds like you have a great neighborly day planned for yourselves.
Sue, what is that, it is so nice to see your warm gardens and hear your warm tales. Please pop in often as you can.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 17, 2008
7:11 PM

Post #5801575

With the kids all living so far away and none of us able to travel the distance we are ignoring the whole season pretty much. I did buy 2 turkeys while they are on sale because we both love it. I'll cook one and then seal the cooked meat up in meal size packets in the freezer and keep the other frozen until we need it for more lunch meats. It sure tastes better than the stuff the call sliced turkey in the deli dept.!
I always volunteer to man the fort at the power plant gate so the younger folks with families at home can take the time off to be with them on the holidays.

I don't think anyone here will be swimming unless they go to the gym. The rivers are a bit cold and muddy this time of year. But the fishermen will be out in mass.

I was just noticing that I spend most of my DG time in this and the Artisans forums... funny because I am not much of an artist or a flower arranger! So it must be all the great people who are that attract me. I am in awe of all the true talent here.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 17, 2008
7:20 PM

Post #5801607

Weather report... 47f today cold,wet and windy!!!!!
Hi everyone, Good to hear you are all ok.
Lurker Sue, How are you going to fill up the tables with modern arrangements lurking??? that will never do!!
Never mind watching we need some Action around here!! I wanna see your big leaves!! lovely purple thingy tree! begins with T has a B in it and A at the end, but can't remember the name!!

Smoochy smoochy talk going on, then say its none of our business!!! LOL lurve is in the air!!
Zany, Hope your Mum enjoyed the drive, gave you and Bob some 'alone' time eh? LOL! Hope he's getting better.
Star, Nice to see you, glad you enjoyed the sniff around the cafe!
Candee, Good Ruth like the bouquet. It must seem quiet at home this week without them?
I guess you are all going to be busy cooking, please share your cakes with me!!

We miss you Steven, come back one day!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 17, 2008
7:25 PM

Post #5801785

Zany, we love having you around here! Thanks for joining our cafe and being great fun. We posted at the same time.
I take so long to type, you wouldn't believe it!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 17, 2008
7:31 PM

Post #5801799

Close up, proteas,chrysanths,rose petals,chinese lantern,carnations, coloured pins,Poppy seed heads sprayed gold.

Got to go and feed my chicks! Have a good evening all.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 17, 2008
7:33 PM

Post #5801808

Hi elle, didn't mean to miss you out, did your hen lay today?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 17, 2008
7:37 PM

Post #5801820

Dianne, I haven't heard that expression 'get a lot of bang for your money' I guess I do, LoL!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 17, 2008
7:41 PM

Post #5801831

We use a lot of slang phrases here in the states terri. Love that arrangement, looks really hot, hot in the cafe.
Glad you are "cattle prodding" Sue, she needs to start gathering those poseys, perhaps if she take a bit of time next week instead of laying round the pool on her holiday, she will make something then??? hint, hint

As for me, still staring at those same gourds but w/o the zinnias for accent. Guess I need to go out and collect some new grasses as Tasha and Mike brought me a wonderful vase back from PR and Ruth gave me a new little vase when she was here. If I just had some doggone flowers!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 17, 2008
11:53 PM

Post #5802749

Hi Candee, Thanks! Where is PV and PR?
I was wondering if we were going to see those gourds again! How do they look now? you have lots of beautiful pines, grasses and cones to use! Oh and I really would like to see your new vases, if you please!

I'd say it's a gentle nudge, rather than the cattle prod treatment LoL! I'll leave the whip for Plantgeek to sort her out!
Sue, I think you deserve the lurker cake this week, Congradulations!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 18, 2008
12:49 AM

Post #5803009

PV is Puerta Vallarta, MX and PR is Puerto Rica.
Yes I have things to use, but it is almost dark when I get home and today it snowed all the way home over the mts and the wind is brutal, so when I hit the door I don't venture back outside. This weekend we are going to the cabin and then t-day and then hunting season for a week so will get those grasses together soon as I can.
Will post the vase it is really nice wood and goes well with our decor here.
The gourds are still firm and look good as the first day I got them. When they go to seed I promised some to mittsy, where is she by the way???
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 18, 2008
1:06 AM

Post #5803109

I dunno!
Miss Mittsy too and hope she is keeping well along with all our other friends that used to visit the cafe!
Thanks for explaining what those letters stand for! Is it warm in PR at Christmas then?
You had snow! no wonder you don't want to venture out when you get home. Same here, it's dark when I get home too. Is it a working day on Friday after Thanksgiving or is it holidays also?
I like the sound of your wood vase. Do I have a wood vase? can't think of one if I have, I wonder.. LOL!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 18, 2008
1:24 AM

Post #5803215

Hagerstown, MD? whats that? I'm learning stuff today, I wasn't paying attention in school 30 years ago!!
Humansville MO? Thanks Miss.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

November 18, 2008
11:27 AM

Post #5804225

Thanks for the cake Terri, and love the sparkelrs on the first one!
Too wet for flower picking and I think they all is mush!
The purple tree is a Jacaranda, and there is a cerise Bouganvillea climbing the large conifer. I took the picture while out driving in the country on a drizzly sunday. we were checking out a five acre property that is going cheap. We do that alot!
Puerta vallata and Puerto rica? Isn't that where the love boat used to dock? and also Acapulco?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 18, 2008
12:37 PM

Post #5804342

Yes Sue on PV and the love boat I believe. PR is in the caribbean and PV is on the west coast of Mexico as well as Acapulco. We try to hit the warm spots every Christmas holiday, but try not to visit the same place twice.
Jacaranda, I have heard of that now that you bring it up and it is lovely. So you are always house shopping, certainly not with that beautiful estate we all came to visit or are you planning an even larger estate for our next trip down under???
Now Terri is more info for you, yes we live in Hagerstown, MD, but hence not the name. Steve's last name is Haigh and his nickname has always been haighr and hence my favorite name selected for DG, just in case you thought haighr was short for Hagerstown, which we fondly refer to as Hagersbush as it is "in the sticks" - Now I must tell you it is a great location up in the western maryland mountains and just a 1 1/2 hour drive from Washington DC and Baltimore so not too remote.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 18, 2008
1:29 PM

Post #5804494

Sue! Good to see ya. Although I have to say I had my whip all ready, oiled and eveything. lol Oh well, I'll just shuffle off and put it back in its lonely boring little case, sniff, sniff... Here I go now, sniff, sniff... Has anyone been bad? lol

Oooh, I'd love to have that 5 acre lot. I would cetainly plant a jacaranda tree there. Too bad they won't grow here.

Ahhh!!! The Love Boat, not that again! Run while you can.
A warm place long away from snow sounds great though. Good for you all Candee. I'd rather have a tropical sunburn that frostbite anyday. Hope y'all have a wonderful time.

Terri, I love the last arraingement! It's very cool. Protea is a an awesome plant.

Zany, save me a fishin' spot if you will. Fresh fish sounds great.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 18, 2008
4:45 PM

Post #5805207

Hey plantgeek, don't put the whip away, sure there will be a use for it. Just stick it in the umbrella stand by the door where we can get at it readily.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 18, 2008
5:54 PM

Post #5805450

Hahahaha!!! You betcha. I knew there were kindred spirits here.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

November 18, 2008
6:03 PM

Post #5805469

Hi everyone! I just thought I'd pop by and see how you all were!

Sue, love the frog with the snail! Too cute!

Candee, You look great riding the jeep! I should get me one of those!

Terri, I love the tea party! Are those tulips tied up with raffia? I really like the look and am going to have to try it myself!!! Oh and did you make those cakes? I've always had a soft spot for cake :) I had to close off the picture cause I almost started droooooooooooooooling...they look sooo goooood!

Who the new helper in the cafe? She really fits in with the new modern art deco style.

Steven

I just found this picture of Bella from when we were moving back in April. Her and Coco are both in the box and we're a big hit with everyone who was helping us move!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 18, 2008
6:23 PM

Post #5805553

ues
i got 6 egg so far
in about a week and a half
we do not know how many laying we got 8 hen
elle
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 18, 2008
8:35 PM

Post #5805955

Steven, Bella will be a great addition to the cafe. Watch out for her help when moving though. I had a cat named Oscar that moved to Ohio without me once. My sister had been staying with me and when she packed to leave he crawled into a box and went with her. When she opened the box he jumped out, hungry and a little dehydrated but ok. Lol he ended up as a mouser in their barn. Big city cat turned country.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

November 18, 2008
8:57 PM

Post #5806030

hahahahaha, thats too funny Zany! Oscar the traveling cat!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 18, 2008
9:13 PM

Post #5806087

Yeah, the funny part was that my sister doesn't even like cats. But Oscar decided she was his person and would follow her everywhere. It drove her crazy but he was determined she was going to accept him and he would always bring his catches right to her and drop them at or on her feet. LOL he was wooing her in his mind and grossing her out in hers. Needless to say...I loved it!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 18, 2008
10:35 PM

Post #5806377

What a zany story Zany, what an interesting story you always bring to happy hour! Can't imagine the surprise of your sister with that box.
Hey Steven, glad we coerced you back in here, knew you couldn't stay away. Bella is always the bell of the ball and I know why, she is a beaut!
Sorry you missed the scrumptious treats, but sure there will be more to come expecially this time of year.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 19, 2008
12:49 AM

Post #5806792

Hello Steven! Nice to see you and Bella at the cafe, (and everyone else of course)!!
Thanks! glad you liked the arrangements. The collar is ready made from sisel (fabric) and very handy to use for a quick Hand tie. Our new helper is the very stylish Madam Woodonthewall, with Miss Bruggy still working part time!!
Got home late tonight! Just popping in quickly to tell you our good news today. We have been at katie's school for an Award ceremony, watching her collect her award, I was so proud of her, tears and all!! It was for Personal Social and Health Education! eh?
We didn't have that subject when I was at school. LOL Anyway an Award is an Award, right?!!

Sue, not hassling you honeybunny!!!! feel free to bring mush and leaves anytime!!
Candee, MD Maryland of course!!!!!! seems so obvious now that you've told me! Sounds like a lovely place to live.
Plantgeeky, So Sue's got mushy flowers, and you fell for that one?!!!!! LOL
Glad you like the Protea 'cos I'm making you a fresh cuppa tomorrow.
elle 6 eggs is half a dozen, soon it will be dozens of eggs to collect!! maybe you will bake a cake for us with your eggs?!!
Zany, lol oscar, famous travelling cat!!

Have a good night all, see you tomorrow! Leaving a couple of table arrangements.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 19, 2008
12:51 AM

Post #5806797

Bear grass and red roses...

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2008
12:25 PM

Post #5808090

That first one Terri- is that a bunny ear tribut to Bella? They are so stylish and fit right in of course. Big congrats to Katie and her oh so very proud family. Never heard of that course at my age either, but guess things have really changed since the old "home ec" courses! LOL.
Good idea for the eggs, elle what are you going to make with them. How long do fresh eggs keep? Do you refrigerate them after gathering? Curious blonde questions here.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 19, 2008
1:18 PM

Post #5808187

Congratulations Terri! That's great news. I'm sure your kiddo was proud too. I'm sending y'all a virtual sampler box of organic hazelnut truffles, dried mango slices dipped in kiwi flavored yogurt and mandarin orange sections lavished in dark chocolate. Enjoy.

Steven, welcome back. I do remenber you from Sue's place. What a cute bunny. We are begining to assemble a small barnyard here with all the critters we have. Whoohoo! The more the merrier.

Zany, that's a great cat story. I have read that when cats present us with their kill (or nearly killed), they are sometimes trying to teach us how to hunt. This is what mama cats do with their young. But in you kitties' case, he may have been trying to impress your sister into letting him stay. lol

Six eggs! My mouth is watering Elle. I'm on my way over. lol I do love real eggs and they are so much healthier. I read they contain lechithin, which is lacking in factory farm eggs. The lechithin negates the bad cholesterol in egg yolks to some degree. And they just taste so much better. We can get things like that at farmer's markets while they are in season, but after that, it's off to the health food stores and their high prices and questionable definitions of free-range chickens.

Love the bunny ears also Terri. We have a creek here named Beargrass Creek. I never thought of the grass being used for decoration. Yours look elegant.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2008

Post #5808759

Dibs on the choc covered mandarins and I don't even care for chocolate that much. I just had 5 of them and they are almost gone, if nobody takes the other 5 I'll be back later!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 19, 2008
4:09 PM

Post #5808815

we have not try them yet
i might get dave to cook
they are small
it would take 3 to make 1
i might try 1 today
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2008
6:52 PM

Post #5809381

What are they elle, chickens or cornish game hens ???
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 19, 2008
9:59 PM

Post #5809998

they are chicken

Thumbnail by ellesgh

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 20, 2008
2:19 AM

Post #5810794

Hi Candee, yes it can be a tribute to Bella's ears or whatever you want! Thank you.
I hope you saved some of those chocolate mandarin sections for the rest of us? No dibbing!!

Hi Plantgeek, Thank you for the chocs, the hazelnut truffles are absolutely yummmmmy!
Beargrass creek sounds like a lovely place. The florists sell Beargrass around here sometimes, it's quite expensive for a small bundle. Most of the time they won't sell you any foliage!!!

Hi elle, so Dave cooks... Cool! The chickens look like young ones, how old are they when they start to lay eggs? Us city folk are not familiar with the ways of chickens!!

Been watching England v Germany football tonight! Had a few friends round so I didn't get time to make your cuppa plantgeek Soz!!
Have a good night all.

P.S. Hope you are feeling better Sue and it stops raining soon!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 20, 2008
12:42 PM

Post #5811653

They look like a happy bunch of cluckers there elle, hope they step up their production to your expectations if they haven't already.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 20, 2008
2:27 PM

Post #5811947

Hey Terri, would you like some beargrass seeds? Grow it yourself and save money.
No problem on the cuppa. I was warming my hands around a mug of ginger-peach green tea sweetened with agave nectar. I can now feel my toes. lol
Did your team win?

Elle, those are some very nice looking chickens.Occasionally, we will brave the crowd at the state fair, slough through grease fatted air, pork-butt-on-a-stick, green-hued children who have just gotten off the tilt-a-whirl, and make our way to the livestock barn. Whew!
We mostly go there to pet the animals-goats are so personable- look at the different breeds of chickens and rabbits, horses, whatever else we can find.
Some of those chickens look like they are sporting 80's style doo. What a hoot. And others are truly beautiful, long colorful plumes that you would expect to find on a bird-of-paradise.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 20, 2008
4:40 PM

Post #5812420

they are 5 month old
we are surize that they are laying
they do not lay much in the winter
we get 1 egg every other day
we got 8 hen
but we think only 1 or 2
are laying
i would like to have a cup of that tea
i am a tea nut

elle
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 20, 2008
5:51 PM

Post #5812637

One humongous mug coming up Elle. :) And to go with it, thin slices of dried lime dipped in mango sauce.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 20, 2008
11:49 PM

Post #5813743

Hi everyone!
Plantgeek, yes England won 2-1, so everything is hunky dory!
I would like some seeds please! Does it grow easy like ordinary grass? or does it need to be near a creek in wet conditions?
I have used some black Mungo grass here with the Tea time arrangement.
Enjoy!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 21, 2008
2:06 PM

Post #5815499

Oh black mungo grass, new one to me and I love it. Have to check if I can get some around here. The tea is lovely thanks so much and what are those things?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 21, 2008
4:21 PM

Post #5815982

Hi Candee, Glad you like the tea set Thank you! I've made a mistake, it is Mundo grass, I think!! Sue's the expert she has this black grass!! Wish I hadn't taken the pic with the black background because it really doesn't show the grass off well. The flowers are Protea and even though they were quite expensive they have been going for 3 weeks so far, so thats quite good value really Lol!
Are you going to the cabin this weekend? Hunting time and all that jazz!! Keep warm and enjoy yourselves. I bet it looks stunning around the cabin at this time of year? Photo's please this time darling!!

Hi everyone!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 21, 2008
5:08 PM

Post #5816154

Yep we are going up this afternoon and put some corn out and hope the pipes haven't frozen. We don't do them until after hunting season and it is always touch and go this time of year. We lost one fridge a few years ago as the newer ones cannot take the cold weather and the combo antifreeze and oil froze and ruined it. There was quite a mess as the freezer was full of deer meat and it had all thawed and run all over the floor, what a stinkin mess. Now we don't keep as much in it but still need to shut it off in the cold temps. Keep your fingers crossed for me that all is functioning.
Protea is another one I have not heard of, must go look at that one as well. I checked the black grass is hardy in our area so may have to try and get some next season,.
Wonder how karma is doing with her bloodgrass? Hope it is still thriving for her.
mittsy, haven't forgotten the seeds, believe it or not these gourds are still as firm as ever and still on the table.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 21, 2008
5:20 PM

Post #5816199

Candee, for protea, check Silver Hill Seeds. There may be other nurseries here that carry it, but it's a South African shrub not hardy to our zone...sniff, sniff. It's also called a sugar bush.

Terri, I don't think beargrass needs to be in marshy conditions from what I've read. I have never grown it, but if it can survive our extreme temperature fluctuations, humidity and droughts, I'm sure it will do ok in your neck of the woods. I'll look around and Dmail you when I find some.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 21, 2008
5:30 PM

Post #5816229

Oh good! you haven't gone yet then. I thought you may to on your way already.
I'll be keeping fingers and toes crossed for you, hope all is working well up there.
No idea about Karma, she's got better fish to fry these days lol, miss her though!
Would love to see the gourds again, are you going to make a Thanksgiving arrangement with them after the weekend? Have a great time, now I will miss you!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 21, 2008
5:38 PM

Post #5816246

Have fun in the woods this weekend and I hope you catch dinner.
I'm gonna hafta beg some venison from my brother since my Dad has lost his taste for it.
Actually, he's just gotten lazy. lol
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 21, 2008
7:12 PM

Post #5816557

Howdy Plantgeek! Yay it's Friday!!!!!! are we rockin' tonight?
Thanks for checkin' out the seeds for me.
Was thinking, with all that sniffing you are doing.. we had better stock up the ladies room with tissues! Can anyone do origami? Lol.

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 21, 2008
9:13 PM

Post #5816903

Have a great week end everyone! Here's hoping for no frozen pipes. I have a busy weekend ahead with Bob returning from Frisco tonight, chores and taking Mom shopping and trying to teach my niece how to set up her web page and paypal account. She wants a online store but I doubt she will actually stick with it...Big dreams and little drive to make things work... Oh well, I'll help her and see what happens this time.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 21, 2008
9:34 PM

Post #5816965

Funny, funny Terri. I'm blaming all the sniffling on traumatized sinuses and not the fact of winter. But y'all ain't buying that, are you? lol
Not much rockin' tonight unless you call poetry meetings a rip-roaring good time. You know us writers are a risque bunch who like to expose our apostrophes and dangle our participles in front of everyone. Woooo, better watch out.

Zany, sounds like you are going to need the whip this weekend. lol It's all yours. Congrats on your hubby coming home. Hope you two have a snuggly weekend.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 21, 2008
10:12 PM

Post #5817096

Hi Zany, Pleased to hear Bob is coming home. Good luck with your neice and everything! I was going to ask how the latest Artworks are coming along, but I guess you have your hand full at the moment!
Have a nice weekend and don't work too hard!

Poetry group no less! I'd better watch my p's and q's !! you must cringe at my spelling, apostrophies and dangly bits lol! what the heck! This cafe will not disriminate against those that cannot write propa ok!! Hey have a great night! I shall be wondering around the cafe chatting to Madam woodonthewall (we have fab conversations)... we will be saying.

Plantgeek where art thou? !

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 22, 2008
12:59 AM

Post #5817585

Hey elle, I found some new ducks for your farm!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 22, 2008
2:48 AM

Post #5817976

LOL Terri, a flock of pigeons and a couple of geese do not a duck make!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 22, 2008
3:02 AM

Post #5818042

LOL Zany, I told you I wasn't a country person, see I don't know the difference between ducks and geese!!!!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 22, 2008
3:07 AM

Post #5818056

**giggle** the geese could live on the farm and the pigeons are squab "on the hoof" so since both are edible and lay eggs I can understand a city gall being a bit confused.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 22, 2008
3:38 AM

Post #5818140

I'm confused alright!

These parsnips are my friends... HELP!

night night Zany!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 22, 2008
4:17 AM

Post #5818228

OOH! Do people really eat those ugly things?

Good night and sweet dreams
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

November 22, 2008
10:31 AM

Post #5818546

Ughhh! I hate parsnips (sorry terri) Do we need to move the cafe? Hows everyone coping with the long scroll to the bottom?
Have a nice time at the cabin Candee, and congratulations on Bobs return Zany, also good on you for helping your neice.
I like your Tea setting Terri, I too have the black Mondo grass and would never have thought of using it for arrangements! I must learn to think outside the square.
Let me know if we need to move, and if we require a new paint scheme.
Sue
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 22, 2008
2:20 PM

Post #5818939

Good afternoon flowerpot people!

Sorry for the UGLY parsnips!!!! hey you dis my parsnips! Actually they do not usually look like that, more like a carrot shape when you buy them in the shops!! These uglys are my homegrown efforts ok!

Sue, with all the cakes around here, the excercise is good!! I was thinking we could wait until after Thanksgiving to start the new Christmas cafe?
Mondo!!!!! I knew it was something like that! I only have a small clump of it so just snipped a few blades.
You probably have so much to choose from Sue, some stuff might get overlooked!!

Plantgeek, Have you got your Liverpool scarf on because we are playing in half an hour!
The pigeons I got for elle's farm are magical!!! look how they changed colour overnight.

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 22, 2008
2:55 PM

Post #5819072

Terri, silly rabbit, I would never laugh at your dangly bits. And sometimes we need to have our p's and q's run amok so that fun things come of chaos. So let the good times roll!
Love those pics BTW. What a beautiful park.

Here y'all, I brought fresh honeydew melon slices, drizzled with mango/kiwi sauce,(think tropical, stay warm) venison jerky, marinated in my own secret spices and to wash it all down hibiscus/raspberry tea sweetened with honey straight from the hive.

Those parsnips remind me of Medusa rush. Very cool.

Lurkey Sue! There you are. Been playing in the pool? I have to say I envy you. I'm not a winter person at all. My hands don't get warm again till spring. lol
How's the weeding biz? I'm sure it's kicking into high gear about now.

Go Liverpool!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 22, 2008
7:21 PM

Post #5819855

***giggle*** I just can't help it...I had no idea a veggie could be that ugly!

Maybe a cup of Plantgeek's hibiscus/raspberry tea will bring me to my senses and let me see their inner beauty... but I doubt it... grin...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 22, 2008
7:26 PM

Post #5819869

LOL Plantgeek! Hate football, don't want to talk about it!!!! until our next game on Wednesday !

How was the poetry meeting? The park is called Dulwich Park, it was rather a dull day but I didn't see any witches LoL!
Thanks for the Honeydew melon, that went down a treat! I'm trying to think tropical but it's
f f f f freeeeeeeezing here!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 22, 2008
7:29 PM

Post #5819878

Hi Zany, we posted at the same time. They are ugly ok!!!! fine by me!!! I'm not crying into my parsnip soup!! LOL!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 22, 2008
7:38 PM

Post #5819902

Hope Bob got home safely and had a comfortable night?
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 22, 2008
7:48 PM

Post #5819923

Yes, he just had to go down Thursday and come back Friday. It's a long trip on a shuttle bus in a wheelchair so by the time he got home all he wanted was a hot shower and bed...both of which are work when you have to keep one leg up and dry. But once he was cleaned up and snuggled into bed he slept for 10 hours straight.

Well, it's time to go get Mom and head into town for shopping and then to my nieces place. I told them everything has to be done today because even God rested on the seventh day and I am certainly weaker than God.

Terri, don't feel bad about your uglies. I did a google image search of them and even the blue ribbon winners are ugly. The looked like ghostly carrots on steroids so at least your uglies show a bit of character.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 22, 2008
8:02 PM

Post #5819970

Good to hear Bob had a good night.. He has probably missed your home cooking, happy shopping!
Great description of a parsnip... carrots on steroids haha!
Enjoy a relaxing day on Sunday and if you come in the cafe, please wear your Sunday best. Lol!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 22, 2008
8:24 PM

Post #5820033

Zany, you need a cup of my "special" tea to see things like that. lol Come see me later.
Glad that Bob is home and doing well. I'm sure he is too.

Liverpool will do better next time. I'll fix 'em up with my homemade bourbon balls. Then we'll see who feels no pain. lol

The poetry meeting went fine. No one's danglies got tramped on too much. Mostly, we critique each other's work, which, done properly, is crucial for editing. Sometimes writers can't get out of their own ways to fine tune things. What's clear to the author is not always so for the reader, so the point is lost without clarity.
This is a very good buch of people who focus on crafting instead of letting personal opinion get in the way. I'm pretty lucky and have them to thank for a few pieces being tweaked just right.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 22, 2008
9:31 PM

Post #5820257

So nice to hear Bob is on the mend and is actually getting his rest, now Zany you be sure you get a nice cuppa and some rest as well.
We came back from the cabin today as we had things to do at home so Steve just put some corn out this morn when we got up and we headed back. There is a bit of ice on the pond as you can see.
I'd like to try some of those bourbon balls plantgeek, they sound yummy.
Thanks for the crossed fingers, no frozen pipes and the fridge was still running - we will shut it all down the last week of hunting and then have some cozy weekends at home until the thaw!
LOL on the geese, Terri you are a riot ducks??? MR ducks, no der not!
Sue, please soak your toes in the pool for me, will be a while before we can do that here again. Nice hottub weather though.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 22, 2008
9:34 PM

Post #5820273

As for the gourds I am almost embarassed, well that is if I were the embarassed type LOL! They are still on the pewter platter on the table same as they were with the zinnias. So they sorta are the centerpiece for Thanksgiving.
Here is a photo of the pinetree that split at the cabin, we will cut it up in the spring.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 22, 2008
9:39 PM

Post #5820292

And here is Steve getting the corn out.
As for the protea, I am giving up. Have been reading about it and doubt it would grow here even inside, itis some gorgeous stuff and I was amazed at the cost of an arrangement upward of $150, but as you say Terri sounds like it lasts for 3+ weeks.

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 23, 2008
2:16 AM

Post #5821085

Oh my goodness! There's a riot going on at the cafe !!!!
Geese, ducks whatever!!!!!!!! quack quack hiss! Lol.

Nice to have you back Candee, flying visit to the cabin! It looks very beautiful this time of year but very cold with the ice on the pond there. Lovely pictures, Thanks for remembering to take them!
Will you be making a Christmas tree arrangement with some of the pine branches?
The Protea arrangements sound Very expensive!!! I got 4 with foliage for 6.99 and thought that was a bit too much to spend LoL!

Plantgeek, do me a favour please? if anyone mentions the duck thing again... get the whip out ok? lol!
Sounds like you had a splendid evening with fellow poets and writers.
Good idea for the Bourbon balls they certainly didn't play with any today!! Maybe I'm being a bit harsh it was a draw we didn't actually lose!!

Chillax on Sunday everyone!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 23, 2008
2:27 PM

Post #5822200

What a beautiful place to get away to Candee. What are those little trees in the foreground of the first pic? Love the color of the bark and the way they stand out against the pond. Great shot. I bet your cabin is a wonderful place in the spring too, full of wildflowers and critters scurrying about.

Ok Terri, whip is in hand. lol Somebody please say duck.
LOL. One box of balls on the way. When's the next game?
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 23, 2008
5:57 PM

Post #5822781

Oh dear, she has that whip ready to crack... the very idea quacks me up. . . I'm going to wassle out of her reach ... the rest of you DUCK!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 23, 2008
6:04 PM

Post #5822799

we will make a home for any animal
they are all welcome
we had pancake and egg this morning
the egg sure were good
elle
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 23, 2008
6:31 PM

Post #5822890

LOLOL! She said the majic word! Twice. That's eggsactly what I wanted to hear. Run Forrest, run...

Elle, that sounds yummy. It seems that animals know they are welcome here too. Every stray and lost critter in the neighborhood comes here. The word is out.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 23, 2008
7:37 PM

Post #5823082

elle, pancakes and eggs sound wonderful and we have that for supper sometimes, not with fresh eggs though, that is your speciality.
Those trees plantgeek are a type of flowering locust if I recall correctly and the leaves have a sweet taste to them. It is a nice weekend getaway, but you know what they say about having a second place, twice the work. But twice the pleasure as well.
Believe you are in for quite a whippin there Zany with all that quackin up.
Terri feel free to come and get all the pine branches and pine combs you can carry, bring a huge cyber truck cause not only do we have many pines at home, there are hundreds more at the cabin and acorns and other nuts for your wreaths desire.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 23, 2008
7:58 PM

Post #5823135

Hi everyone... It's pancake day, tuck in!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 23, 2008
8:00 PM

Post #5823138

Have them while they are hot!

Back later! no more quacking please!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 23, 2008
9:18 PM

Post #5823346

Now those are some flippin flapjacks!!!
Here is my cyber arrangement for the cafe, how do you like it next to the wall there?

Thumbnail by haighr

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 23, 2008
11:10 PM

Post #5823756

Hanging my head in shame... please accept this cyber bouquet as a token of my apology for my shameless behavior.

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 23, 2008
11:14 PM

Post #5823766

lol you got great duckies zany, I just started a new thread for cyber arrangements, check it out. Figured I would use my posies that are finished for the season and create more arrangements to keep me busy while inside!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 24, 2008

Post #5823958

Love your cyber arrangements ladies! very clever, especially the goose dish!!
Like the way you managed to get the eggsact green wall Candee. Sue will be pleased!

Which reimnds me, Sue (our cafe designer) was asking us to think about our Christmas cafe and how we would like it. Any ideas? keep modern or go traditional, what do you all think?
I know you are all in Thanksgiving mode but Sue would like some imput please!

Plantgeek 88! Our next game is on wednesday. Champions League, the top teams in Europe are in this competition. Liverpool have won it 5 times, which is more than any other club in England.
We also have a song about that!! another time. lol!

elle, Thank you for accepting the animals to your farm!!
Candee, yes please! I'll send the cyber truck over to collect all your lovely stuff for christmas goodies, Thank you!
Zany, nice try. she's still looking for you Run Forrest Run! Your bouquet sure is purdy! Thank you.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 24, 2008
1:46 AM

Post #5824282

I'm running... If life is like a box of chocolates...why am I left craving it so bad?
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 24, 2008
5:00 AM

Post #5824904

I think a free for all Christmas is in order. We can mix styles and worry about cleaning it up for New Years.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 24, 2008
12:55 PM

Post #5825423

That is a nice idea Zany, that way we can all design what we like and bring it in to share regardless of mod or not. I was first thinking that all ultra mod would be fab, but not everyone is up for that and some may like the traditional reds and greens. So we could just use different themes in different areas of the cafe, for instance:

In the powder rooms and sitting areas perhaps put the mod stuff in brilliant colors.
Keep the traditional reds and greens in the reading/meditation room.
But then what for the front cafe entrance?
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 24, 2008
1:35 PM

Post #5825512

Zany, Zany, Zany...you can run but you can't hide. Eventually, you will have to come out for chocolate, like the ones I have here glistening like jewels, filling the air with their dark rich goodness. Mmmmmmmm...

Candee, thanks for the tree ID. The best honey I ever had was from a honey locust tree. A rare commodity too, but if you like the stuff, I highly recommend it.

Yummers on the flapjacks Terri. Eggsactly what was needed to start the day.

How 'bout a woodsy look in the front? Candee, could we use a few boughs of your felled pine tree? I've got tons of mistletoe, fountain grass plumes, porcelain berries, holly berries, wreaths of rush and moss.

Go Liverpool!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 24, 2008
5:53 PM

Post #5826480

check it out! http://blog.foodienyc.com/2006/02/chocolate_brush.html

yummy!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 24, 2008
7:36 PM

Post #5826791

ROFL! This is too good. Ok, I'll let you off the hook this time. I'll even send you a box of orange slices dipped in dark organic chocolate, because this deserves a prize.
Danged but if that doesn't look tastey. I'll have to see if I can sweet talk DW into cooking it. She loves goat cheese, and I think it tastes like a wet goat smells, but perhaps not with this recipie.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 24, 2008
8:22 PM

Post #5826963

LOL I redeemed myself! Orange slices wit dark chocolate!!! YUMMY That does sounds heavenly.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

November 25, 2008
8:54 AM

Post #5828837

Hi all, just a quick flit by to drop in soemfresh flowers.
Yum Terri, those pancakes are eggsactly what I want!
Candee and Zany, well done on the cyber arrangements! What a great idea. That chocolate nosh looked bizarre Zany!
Hey Geek, you asked me something way back in this thread, but I can't remember what it was? Anyway, gidday gidday!
Cheerio, must go!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 25, 2008
12:37 PM

Post #5829023

That bucket is just duckie Sue. You have a big task to keep us wintereroverers warm sunny and fullo posies for the months ahead. You are doing a fab job, thanks! What are the purple thingies?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 25, 2008
11:27 PM

Post #5830997

Being semi-nontradational as I am, I never care if the pie is eaten before, during or after the T-day feast. Hellppa youselvesss!

Thumbnail by haighr

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

November 26, 2008
6:00 AM

Post #5832072

Hi Candee, the purple thingies are Verbena, and there are shasta daisies, leek flowers and centaurea foliage. The bucket is my ash bucket from the fireplace, but being spring, it's not needed.
When is T-day? Yummmmm! What kinda pie is it? (I eat anything 'cept parsnips)
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 26, 2008
6:31 AM

Post #5832121

I am so glad Candee serves pie early!

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 26, 2008
1:40 PM

Post #5832486

turkey day is tomorrow Sue but the cooking starts early.
Zany so glad you gotta piece, don't forget to share with Bob, he is likely mighty hungry after all you both have been through. I do hope that is real whipped cream you dobbed on top?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 26, 2008
5:59 PM

Post #5833265

Just droppin in with my 10" chocolate, chocolate cheesecake. Be careful this will fill you up quick - don't worry I used lowfat cheese LOL!

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 26, 2008
7:15 PM

Post #5833478

Hi everyone, Just popping in quackly to say hello and to wish you all a great Thanksgiving time!
Bagsy first slice of the choc choc cheesecake, it looks FANTASTIC!! I showed it to Katie, she said WOW I want one Mum!!! Thank you for the treats and have fun.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 26, 2008
8:34 PM

Post #5833693

Will do and happy you are havin such a good visit with sis, say hey for us.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 26, 2008
11:41 PM

Post #5834154

Of course it is real whipped cream! Non of that fakey stuf on a perfect pumpkin Pie!

You are really hitting me in the hunger zone with all these yummies!

Poor Bob is going through a rough spell and has not been able to eat for the past few days. He ran a fever of 101 for 4 days, his foot is swollen to the point the skin cracked and he has hic coughs so bad he can't sleep. We spent all morning at the emergency room and I just got him home and back into bed with his foot up on pillows, some stronger antibiotics, muscle relaxers, and a sleeping pill. I was late for work but he was finally sleeping when I left the house and should stay out for at least 10 hours according to the Doctor...just in time to knock him out again for the night when I get home.

So far they still say that they are going to be able to save his foot so we are trying to remain positive.

I'm bushed and a bit on the cranky side but I think I'm going to go ahead and bake him a sugar free pumpkin pie this weekend since he's been trying so hard. (I have to work Thursday and Friday so we were planning TG dinner on Sunday with my Mom and Brother).

Now where did Terri make off to with that chocolate cheese cake...

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

November 27, 2008
8:03 AM

Post #5835118

Quack quack Terri, and gobble gobble to our American friends. All the yummies look scrummy.
Sorry about Bob Zany. It must be quite a juggling game to keep on working and running the house as well as looking after his needs. I hope you have plenty of friends and family for support? I hope his foot starts to heal (heel...LOL) soon! Corny I know! Doh...,
So pumpkin pie is the go for Turkey day? I only ever had it once, and I'm pretty sure it was yummy! I must make one next year when I harvest all my pumpkins!
Cheers everyone.
Sue
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 27, 2008
1:29 PM

Post #5835425

Hey there y'all. With all the goodies around here, I'm going to have to be careful to save room for the ones in our kitchen. I know it's a terrible sacrifice of gastronimic proportions, but we are all put to the test somewhere along the way. Wish me luck, here I go (sweat breaking across forehead), whew this is tough. Candee, gimmie a slice of that cheesecake while I'm working so hard, gotta keep up my strength.

Zany, sorry to hear Bob is having a rough time of it. I hope that you both get through it with as much ease as possible. Like Sue said, it must be difficult to do everything you have to do, so be sure to take care of yourself too. Eat your veggies young woman.
Thought I'd pass on a home remedy for hiccups that has always worked for me. It's here if you want it it: Squeeze the juice of one orange and sip it as slowly as you possibly can without stopping until all of the juice is gone. This has never failed.

Sue, we also have pecan pie for Tday and here in the horse farm area of Kentucky, there is Derby pie, which basically is pecan pie with chocolate chips. Yum!

Terri, duckey dearie, have a great day and stay warm. I'm sending you a virtual alpaca scarf and gloves that I knitted fresh off the critter who was happy to share. The temps were climbing in the Andes and she was relieved to be rid of her excess wool.

Hope y'all have a good day and entirely too much fun. Candee and Zany, compliments to your culinary skills.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 27, 2008
3:56 PM

Post #5835813

Hi everyone, Happy Thanksgiving day!

Zany, I hope the new antibiotics are working better and that the nasty infection is cleared soon. Well done for keeping everything together at this awful time you are going through. Nurse Zany deserves a special pat on the back!!!

Sue, Glad you enjoyed the pancakes!!!!! our friends seem to think they look like flapjacks LOL!!!
Thank you for the pretty bucket arrangement, those colours are perfect for the ladies room. I'll put it in there!!!!

Candee, You must be a fabulous cook! The pumkin pie looks so neat with the fancy edging and everything,
Tres bien, mon ami ! I might have to get the receipe for the delicious cheesecake, it looks so good I do REALLY want a slice!!!
Had a lovely few days with SIL staying, I have lots of new greenery from her garden to play with!! So I'll be heading over to the 'go green' thread with it sometime soon!!!

Plantgeek, Thanks so much for my hat and gloves, they are a bit on the thin side, but still warm and cosy!!
Those oranges slices with dark chocolate sound too good!!

Be Thankful for this day and enjoy!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 27, 2008
6:38 PM

Post #5836236

My alapica gloves are really cool, so thin I can wear them doing arrangements LOL! Thanks Plantgeek 88.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 27, 2008
6:49 PM

Post #5836266

hi all
hope every one have a good day
we are off to our son house
his new house that is
i am getting 1 egg a day now
cookies with fresh egg
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 27, 2008
8:59 PM

Post #5836476

Hi elle, Enjoy the day at your son's house! Hope you get treated special and don't have to do the washing up LOL!
Chillax with those cookies and put your feet up!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 28, 2008
10:51 AM

Post #5837588

Hi everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your 5 bits yesterday!

Detox today with our cranberry cocktail. Grab a straw and enjoy!

Freezing cold rain here today Brrrrrrrrr don't want to go to work!!!!!!!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 28, 2008
4:53 PM

Post #5838209

I really like that cranberry cocktail. Your imaginative arrangements are so fun!
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

November 28, 2008
11:53 PM

Post #5839069

If I get on my knees, roll over and bark would it get somebody to make a new thread, please. can't get on this thread hardly anymore.

if that don't work how about a pretty pic? : )

Filled up on all the goodies.

I must say weedoman. your really startign to get good at fower arranging. I really liked your last arrangement. : )

I gettign ready to start cuttign mums, so finalyl, I may have some flowers to work with. : )

Thumbnail by starlight1153

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

November 29, 2008
4:32 PM

Post #5840701

Hey y'all, just wanted to drop in quickly to say hey y'all. hehehe
Our computer has finally crapped out, burnt its little plastic guts it did. So I'm using the library puter which allows for only one hour of use per day.
Glad everyone had a great day filling up on goodies, fresh eggs and fun.
Star, glad to see ya back here.
Terri, I purposely knitted the gloves thin cause I knew they would be perfect for eggsactly the thing you are using them for. lol
Stay warm, have fun and eat chocolate.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 29, 2008
5:59 PM

Post #5840916

plantgeek88, sorry to hear your computer died. A 1 hour a day time limit on line would hurt!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 29, 2008
8:16 PM

Post #5841464

Hello all!

Thanks Zany, I'm glad you think my arrangements are fun! I enjoy making them and when it's no longer fun I guess I wont lol! How is Bob? Hope the new medication is working.

Star, Good to hear from you! nice flower, what is it? New Christmas thread on it's way!
Hope to see your Mums soon.

Plantgeek That is TERRIBLE news!!!!!!!!! I was so looking forward to our virtual chocolate advent calendar, a little choc surprise to open everyday... oh no. We will all miss you!!!!!! naughty computer. hurry back!
My gloves are marvelous btw.!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 29, 2008
8:40 PM

Post #5841608

Hi everyone, the new cafe' is open.

Please will someone do the link thing!

On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me..
a parsnip in a pear tree... lol! see you there!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 29, 2008
10:33 PM

Post #5842086

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/928504/

new cafe thread now open... come on in and enjoy a cuppa or a sippa ...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America