Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Apple Butter, Stack Cakes, and Weddings: Old time memories

Communities > Forums > Article: Apple Butter, Stack Cakes, and Weddings
bookmark
Forum: Article: Apple Butter, Stack Cakes, and WeddingsReplies: 1, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
chessknee
Spring, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2008
3:01 AM

Post #5724420

My husband and I were talking to friends this past Saturday about food, and we mentioned stack cakes, and they had no idea to what we were referring. We tried to describe them, but they got confused and we got hungry for one. It has been years since I made one, and I'll have to try again.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2008
3:06 AM

Post #5724444

Knowing that you are going to make one makes me happy and hungry. I haven't made one in years, and nearly starved myself just writing the article. I think I am going to have to make one, too. Let me know how yours turns out.
Thanks for writing, maybe your friends will believe you if you send them the article, or better yet, invite them over for a sample taste.
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Apple Butter, Stack Cakes, and Weddings Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
dried apples debi_k 8 Oct 27, 2008 2:17 AM
Stack cake memories Hemophobic 11 Oct 27, 2008 6:13 PM
Thanks! wind 1 Oct 26, 2008 2:13 PM
great article as always Dutchlady1 1 Oct 26, 2008 2:17 PM
Apple Butter greenbrain 3 Oct 27, 2008 4:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America