Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Snow Seeds: Seeds of friendship

Communities > Forums > Article: Snow Seeds
bookmark
Forum: Article: Snow SeedsReplies: 2, Views: 45
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

November 2, 2008
2:22 PM

Post #5743284

Sharon: You are so generous and thoughtful with your gifts to older friends who can no longer garden in a yard! I know they love you.

I have some seeds of the baptisia that was growing at Locust Grove when we were there. Yes; I admit to snitching some seeds from there! Would you like some of that?

Angie
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2008
6:05 PM

Post #5743936

Angie, it isn't "snitching", think of it in the same way you think of birds scattering seeds...we are just helping spread the beauty to other places. It is like my neighbor's angel wing begonia that is wonderfully beautiful. The wind from Ike really did a job on that begonia, so while she and I were picking up debris, she was throwing broken pieces of the begonia in the trash also. I helped her but I kept the begonia debris and started a bunch of new baby begonias.
Same thing with seeds, we are just helping spread the beauty.
Thanks for writing.
Sharon

Oh, and yes you know I would love the baptisia!!!!
Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

November 2, 2008
11:47 PM

Post #5745101

I have some of that hardy begonia from my sister's garden and I love it. It's so attractive at the edge of a shady border. I'll get some of the baptisia in the mail to you if you'll D-mail me your address. Hugs, Angie

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Snow Seeds Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Another article to make us smile! KyWoods 9 Nov 13, 2008 4:01 PM
lol Kathleen 1 Nov 2, 2008 6:11 PM
Kindered Souls..... Gitagal 7 Nov 3, 2008 3:46 PM
Great Article roserairie 2 Nov 2, 2008 6:08 PM
Seeds...... Ucabutrfly 1 Nov 3, 2008 6:11 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America