Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Weather: Novembers Dail Weather - Season Changes

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 120, Views: 957
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 3, 2008
1:45 AM

Post #5745576

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/917896/

Not much in the way of visual changes here, but the days and nights are cooler!

Welcome one and all to the forum! We look forward to hearing of your weather all over the world!

63.0 F / 17.2 C
Light Rain
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 57 F / 14 C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 3.8 mph / 6.1 km/h
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 9.0 miles / 14.5 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 1500 ft / 457 m

This message was edited Nov 2, 2008 8:48 PM

Thumbnail by MySharona
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Indy
Alexandria, IN
(Zone 6a)

November 3, 2008
2:18 AM

Post #5745718

Up here it is really nice and warm for early November...around 70 for highs for 3 or 4 days.

Man, how I dislike winter!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 3, 2008
2:21 AM

Post #5745732

Our high today was around 75. I'm enjoying it while I can. At the same time I can't wait til snow so I can dig out my sled and have some fun.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 3, 2008
3:53 AM

Post #5746054

Thanks, MySharona~ what a beautiful photo start the thread with.
Indy~hope the winter will be an easy one for you:)
pepper~sounds as if you're all set for it:))
Today's high was mid-20's. No wind, sunny.
There were 6 moose here this afternoon. I was unable to get all 6 to get in the frame:), but here's 4 of them.

Thumbnail by kiska

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 3, 2008
4:53 AM

Post #5746240

51F this evening with a chance of showers tomorrow followed by sunshine and mid to upper 60's through Thursday. After up to 9 inches of snow in areas just to the north last Wednesday the past 3 days were beautiful, mild and sunny! My fall yard work is just about finished and I took advantage of the nice weather to pick the last of the apples and stain and seal the garage.

Sharona...Sweet photo!

Kiska...It's time to open Kiska's Home for Wayward Moose. Nice "birdhouse bling".

Pepper...I'll be happy if I never get my sled out this winter!

Here are a few photos from the past few days.

Wednesday was just plain nasty...

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 3, 2008
4:54 AM

Post #5746242

Indian Summer was back big-time by Friday.

early_bloomer

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 3, 2008
4:57 AM

Post #5746253

I took this photo of my backyard from the lean-to roof while I was working on the garage last Friday. You can see my new "old" kettle and my little apple orchard.

early_bloomer

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2008
5:47 AM

Post #5746322

I love your photos, EB.

Thanks, Sharon.

I don't have sled, I don't want a sled, I will never have a sled. ☺

Thumbnail by kwanjin

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 3, 2008
10:56 AM

Post #5746552

Well be in the mid to upper 70s all week. Our cold front has blown away, bummer ^6^

Pepper What is a sled? LOL!
Kiska Wow 6 moose! They like to winter at your home. Love the birdhouse bling!
E_B Thanks! I took the picture at the Marina. Love the pictures, especially like how youve showcased the kettle. You must have a large plot of land.
Celia - LOL!

63.9 F / 17.7 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 61 F / 16 C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.15 in / 1020.9 hPa(Rising)
Visibility: 8.0 miles / 12.9 kilometers
Clouds: Few 300 ft / 91 m
Mostly Cloudy 2400 ft / 731 m
Mostly Cloudy 10000 ft / 3048 m

Today
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers in the morning... then a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 70. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Thumbnail by MySharona

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 3, 2008
11:04 AM

Post #5746565

Good morning!

It's cloudy and breezy this morning, with intermittent rain showers. 43F.

The very dreaded end of this horrible month has passed with a wave of lay-off as predicted. The people who still have a job don't know for how long and many have to accept pay-cuts or shorter hours. I've noticed that a few non-essential items have run out in the stores. Instead of leaving empty spaces in the shelves, they're filled with something else instead so it's not very noticeable unless you're looking for the particular items that are missing. I hate the uncertainty of not knowing what's ahead ...

Thank you everyone for your support, it means a lot to me. Not sure there's anything you can do to cheer me up, but knowing that you care certainly helps. ;-)

Celia - about Halloween. The girls haven't complained much, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind an extra costume dress-up day in school. Ash Wednesday is the official dress up day here and in the past years the custom of kids going around businesses and singing for treats has spread. I'm pretty sure that's an adaptation from Halloween. We watched a Halloween movie and had caramel apples for desert and they were very content with that :-)

Debi - the next holiday here is Christmas and preparations are starting early this year. At least I am starting early ;-) There's a need to focus on something positive. Also, people are starting their Christmas shopping early while there's still something in the stores to buy... at reasonable prices. I'm thinking of putting up some outside lights early this year, I need some ray of light in all this darkness ...

Marylyn - GREAT job on the costumes! :-) Your bunnies are so cute :-)

Sharon - I'm so glad that the end of this ordeal is in sight for Gary and all of you. Thanks for the autism link :-) Gorgeous sunrise photos :-)

Joey - a mountain lion running around those woods of yours sounds pretty scary to me! The high stress levels are bad - I'm very sensitive to it and get over-stressed very easily so I'm experiencing a bit of an overload. I just need to keep active and positive ;-) I didn't manage to get the holly seeds to germinate, not sure what I did wrong. It can be tricky ;-) It was fun trying nonetheless :-)

Kelli - YAY!!! on the rain!!! :-)

EB - gorgeous photos :-)

Hi! to everyone I haven't mentioned :-)

I decided to sponsor a child through an Icelandic help organisation. Like everyone else they're feeling the crunch badly. There are so many children out there who need our help, if everyone who could, would support only one child there would be none left to fend for themselves... here's a link to their US site: http://www.abcchildrensaidusa.org/Home.html

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Rann

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2008
1:45 PM

Post #5746884

Rann, you are such a wonderful person to be helping someone else! Times are tough and you think of others. You celebrations sound like fun without the door to door candy expeditions.

43F with 52 for the high. We have more rain coming and they are now predicting snow fopr tomorrow mixed with the rain.
Feels like: 39F

Barometer: 30 in ↓
Dewpoint: 39
Humidity: 86%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 7 mph SSE
Sunrise: 7:01 AM
Sunset: 5:20 PM
UV Index: 3 Low

Thumbnail by kwanjin

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 4, 2008
1:14 AM

Post #5749095

Helluuu!! We have had an exceptionally warm day today...I thought that it was fall already. :D The high today was 67 w/ no rain in sight until Friday. As of right now we are down over 5" of the wet stuff. We may have a monstrous fire season. :(
At Dublin...
Clear: 54F
Feels like: 54F
Barometer: 30.4 in
Dewpoint: 46
Humidity: 76%
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 6:50 AM
Sunset: 5:22 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Sharon, Thanks for the new thread! And what a wonder pic to start it off with! :D LOL!! Boo killed the moss...indeed! :D That is so...funny!
Adina! Love the GH! Wow! And your plumber did your lighting? Those are really pretty lights! :D Heck, Your entire house is Gorgeous!
Marylyn, I love the Bunny's Costumes! They are cute as can be! ~ I'm talking about the girls! ;) You did a great job on the costumes. And am glad that they had fun! :D
Kiska, It sure is getting cold at your house! :-O Love the "birdhouse bling"! So Per-Fect! :D And you have even more "meese" around this year! So neat! But will they end up being kind of destructive? Hope not!
Rann, Sorry that the seeds weren't productive, but if you want to try it again, just let me know! :D I pulled up a partial root w/ leaves & it is slowly growing! :D I have no idea how long it takes them to mature, but am quite anxious to find out. I do know that they like acidic soil, so I put pine cones down around it. I hope that you all don't run out of too much (in stores) before things start to improve. It must be a terrible feeling. You are in my thoughts... The cat can be scary if you think about it...or if I smell her...Talk about cat pee! EWWW
Marsue, Love the Checkered Skippers! Neat- O! :D Great Pic!
Pepper, Those are some hefty thorns on that tree! Wheeeww! Ours don't have thorns that large, but I guess it's a different kind of Locust tree.
Celia, Love the little Cedar & your Weeping Cherry is Gorgeous! :D
E_B, Love the pics! Snow, Indian Summer & Apple trees! I Love seeing snow come down like that! That Kettle looks like it needs to be used! ;) We made apple butter this week end in a kettle just like that...180 quarts & I don't know how many pints. But those kettles make the Best! :D
Deb, Love the Cosmos! They are beautiful! Are they close to you house?

The answer to the trivia is...B
Any thunderstorm could be deadly, but a severe thunderstorm has winds > 58 mph and/or dime-sized hail.

Good Nite All! :D
Joey

Adina...you asked about JW's costume...very simple. :D

Thumbnail by music2keep

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 4, 2008
1:41 AM

Post #5749302

It might have stayed below 70F, though it felt a lot warmer than that in the sun.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 2:51 PM PST on November 03, 2008
67 F / 19 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: 50 F / 10 C
Wind: 9 mph / 15 km/h / 4.1 m/s from the South
Pressure: 29.94 in / 1014 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 3800 ft / 1158 m
Mostly Cloudy 4800 ft / 1463 m
(Above Ground Level)

Yippy-ti-yay

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 4, 2008
1:42 AM

Post #5749307

red-tailed hawk

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 4, 2008
1:46 AM

Post #5749323

western kingbird

Thumbnail by Kelli

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 4, 2008
2:00 AM

Post #5749409

MAN that's some dry looking county Kelli!
So that's what that bird was we were seeing out there!

73 here today and basically thru the week.
Rain maybe on Friday thru... forever it looks like! LOL!

Ric
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 4, 2008
2:05 AM

Post #5749423

Sorry to have fallen behind again; so many great photos, as usual, and interesting going's on with all.
Thanks for comments/birdhouse bling. Seems not to bother them in the least to have it on the feeder.
20*F/ darker now w/time change. (5pm). Snow in the forecast.
Sunrise a couple of weeks ago.

Thumbnail by kiska

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 4, 2008
10:19 AM

Post #5750267

Good morning!

It's another wet one here, breezy and 47F. I'm enjoying the warmer temperatures so I don't really mind the rain too much ;-) lol

Kelli - what a gorgeous scene in that first photo :-) Very dry but still stunning :-)

Kiska - gorgeous sunrise!

Joey - JW is so cute! I went shopping yesterday and things were spread out pretty thin in places ... still enough of necessities though. It is a pretty unsettling feeling since we don't know how long this "freeze" will last. What is even more unsettling to me is how unresponsive our "allies" have been to this attack on us ...

Celia - thanks :-) You know when you think you are in trouble it helps to think of those who are so much worse off than you are ... it brings things into perspective ... despite things being very grim here, we still are blessed with everything we really need (for now at least). And I'm very thankful that we still have something to spare for those who desperately need it :-)

Hope you all have a GREAT day!

Rann

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 4, 2008
11:02 AM

Post #5750300

Rannn Just know that we are here for you, in Icelands corner and please let us know if you need anything. Thank you for the link!
Celia beautiful skyline
Joey Hoping you get lots of the white stuff soon to make up for the loss : ( Theres our big boy! Hes is sooo cute!
Kelli I really hope you get rain soon.
Kiska Wow beautiful gorgeous picture! Background!

61.9 F / 16.6 C
Overcast
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 56 F / 13 C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/hfrom the SE
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph / 8 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 7.0 miles / 11.3 kilometers
Clouds: Overcast 700 ft / 213 m

Today
Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog and drizzle in the morning. High 70. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Look what I found this morning!

Thumbnail by MySharona

petralittledog
Salina, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 4, 2008
3:47 PM

Post #5751017

What is the name of that flower? I don't remember ever seeing anything even similar to that.

There are certainly many beautiful pictures on here.

Thank you, they are very enjoyable.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 4, 2008
4:50 PM

Post #5751282

Petra - That is my orchid cactus Epiphyllium Hookeri. I have 3 more buds then it should be finished blooming for this year...sadly :(

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2008
5:03 PM

Post #5751313

Okay...I had a post all ready and it said I sent it. But it's not here. Dang. And grrr...

39F with 49 for later. It's raining and we should get snow mixed with it. Yea! Rain!
Feels like: 30F

Barometer: 29.7 in ↑
Dewpoint: 36
Humidity: 87%
Visibility: 2 miles
Wind: 18 mph NW
Sunrise: 7:02 AM
Sunset: 5:19 PM
UV Index: 2 Low

Somebody threw away a perfectly good cat!

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 4, 2008
5:49 PM

Post #5751428

LOL!

Ric

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 4, 2008
6:50 PM

Post #5751611

Oops, I'm behind again. I read, but computer is slow so I couldn't open every picture.

Marylyn, you are a beautiful family. The bunnies are adorable!

Rann, I've got a few Christmas toys ordered already. We don't get a lot, so I guess I'm almost done :o) (We just celebrate with my Dad, Daughter, SIL and the 2 boys

Joey, the iris was a rebloomer. Immortality.

Thank you Marsue (Yum picture)

Sharon, I thought it was a dahlia, but I wasn't going to say anything :o)

Kelli, enemy or not, cool picture!!

Sharon, lovely start up picture!

Indy, Pepper, I agree with both of you :o)

Kiska, laughing over all the moose! Lovely bling!

EarlyBloomer, I love the black and white picture with the barn the only color!! We're going thru Indian Summer too! Tomorrow is THE last nice day! The kettle cleaned up nice. I love the yard and trees!

Kwanjin, giggling over the sled!! Or lack of :o)

Sharon, I love the sun streaking down the ocean.

Rann, we're there for you!! I wish it could be more. We put lights up the other day. Not all of them, just the house, garages and shed. Helping another child in your own time of need. You are an angel.

Deb, I hand my apple crown to you! WOW, JW is growing so fast!! He's adorable in his costume!

Kelli, I love the wide open space!! That is the sort of pictures my jigsaw puzzles are. I only do scenery. Nice hawks! We are seeing a comeback of the red tails around here. Kingbirds have a nice yellow belly.

Ric, we're to get rain Thursday.

Kiska, that's a beautiful sky !!

Sharon, that is a pretty flower!

Kwanjin, those dumpster kitties make the best pets LOL!!

72* sun thru clouds and breezy. It's really supposed to pick up later. Got my vote in. Now just waiting for the final tally.

Our old freezer gave out and they didn't have the same size. I had to go smaller. I kept out a chicken to fry, bony pieces to boil and pick the meat off and zucchini for a cake. The freezer is now just level full.

Chicken ''stone'' soup

Thumbnail by billyporter

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 4, 2008
8:46 PM

Post #5752050

Hi, everyone ! I'm done with the cleaning , finally! Just a few details to fix. Today was a rest day and I hope I can go to bed earlier.
Sharon, the orchid cactus bloom is amasing !
Celia, you are too funny and the pic is hysterical!
Kiska, what a beautiful sunrise!
Kelli, love the kingbird!
Joey, love JW's Tshirt! The plumber had to do the lights outside at our request because the electrician didn't show up in time and we didn't want to wait any longer. Finally, he showed up, on Sunday afternoon, to install our generator...ugh!
E_B, what a beautiful orchard! Such a change of scenery!
Sally, yummy, I got so hungry! LOL
Our house has curtains , yiipeee!
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 4, 2008
8:48 PM

Post #5752053

And on the inside...the livingroom.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 4, 2008
8:51 PM

Post #5752068

The dining.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 4, 2008
8:56 PM

Post #5752090

Celia, I hope someone was able to recycle that cat. He probably has a few lives left in him yet. ;-)

Someone asked when is the recommended time for pruning of roses here. What I heard was between Christmas and early February.

We got almost 0.3 in of rain overnight.

Updated: 11:51 AM PST on November 04, 2008
67 F / 19 C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 45%
Dew Point: 45 F / 7 C
Pressure: 29.95 in / 1014 hPa (Falling)
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 4700 ft / 1432 m
(Above Ground Level)

more of those so-called "golden foothills" Can you see why I can't wait for winter and things to start growing again? (That has got to be a very strange sentence to most of you.)

This message was edited Nov 4, 2008 12:58 PM

Thumbnail by Kelli

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 4, 2008
8:56 PM

Post #5752092

Our bedroom.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 4, 2008
8:57 PM

Post #5752096

Ooops, sorry I got in the middle of your postings.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 4, 2008
9:00 PM

Post #5752106

Kelli, glad to see you're here too ! Those hills are gorgeous! In Bulgaria they have a resort Golden Sands and the sand sure looks like gold !
I have to show you the other corner of our bedroom.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 4, 2008
9:10 PM

Post #5752137

Adina, you deserve a rest! You and your family have worked hard, but you have a beautiful house!! I love the curtains, and the couches make it a very comfortable room! That is a beautiful table and chairs!! Well done!!

Kelli, smiling, this time I had comments on notepad and was waiting till weather took a hit before I stepped in the middle. You got rain!! I hope we get a lot of rain Thursday! I love the foothills. And yes, it is strange!

Adina, I love the last room. The floor is gorgeous! I'd love to see a picture of the golden sand!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2008
9:21 PM

Post #5752170

Adina, your house is amazing. I hope I can do as well if/when we decide to build for ourselves. Can I steal some of your ideas?
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 4, 2008
10:24 PM

Post #5752509

High in the low 70s, sunny and very windy.

I had to help my grandma move some rocks today. Now I'm sore! LOL

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2008
10:38 PM

Post #5752556

In the last ten minutes, I received some very bad news. A freind of mine I worked with and became good friends with has died at the age of 29. She had heart problems and was on meds for depression and anxiety. She didn't go to work and, when he father was called, he stated she has passed away in her sleep.

This makes me so sad. Brooke was loving and had a heart the size of Texas. She was going to school to finish her Masters in Psychology. She wanted to help children with problems after violent situations. Abuse, deaths, accidents...

She leaves behind countless friends and her parents.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 5, 2008
1:11 AM

Post #5753176

Sorry to hear about her. At least she is out of pain now. :~)
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 5, 2008
4:06 AM

Post #5753929

I'm so sorry, Celia. We will be praying for her family and friends.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 5, 2008
11:42 AM

Post #5754519

Good morning! And congrats that the elections are over! Hopefully with a good outcome :-)

It was very windy and rainy yesterday afternoon and last night, but it's stopped raining now and the wind has calmed somewhat. Still quite breezy though. 53F and cloudy.

Celia - I'm so sorry about your friend.

Adina - your house looks amazing! Congratulations! Now it's time to relax and enjoy isn't it?? :-)

Sharon - thanks :-) What a gorgeous bloom!

Sally - thanks :-) My girls are very excited about this sponsoring thing and I'm sure it'll be quite an eye opener to them to see how fortunate they really are. Our sponsor child is a girl who will turn 12 tomorrow. She lives in an ABC childrens's home in India. Yesterday we received a Christmas card she'd made for her future sponsor last Christmas and it was very touching to read. We're preparing a birthday card to send her along with a small gift (hairpins) and some photos. The ABC schools give children a chance to receive an education which they wouldn't have gotten otherwise. It's their key to a better life when they grow up.

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann

This message was edited Nov 5, 2008 12:04 PM
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 5, 2008
12:34 PM

Post #5754584

Celia Cute picture of Isis!
Sally Your chicken soup looks delicious!
Adina Your house looks great! I really like the sheer curtains, the dining room table is beautiful, the bedroom floor and those chairs look so comfy.
Kelli Yeah, youre pretty darn dry there. Golden Foothills is a good name for the area. I know you are looking forward to a change in season.
Pepper Those must have been some big rocks LOL!
Celia Im so sorry to hear the news of your friend. That is so sad. We are keeping her family and friends in our prayers.
Rann - I read the article. I cant imagine what you are going through. We are praying for you and your country as well. That is a great thing you are doing, sponsoring a child. I think it's wonderful that Selma Run and Hildur Eva are getting involoved too.

60.3 F / 15 C
Overcast
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 57 F / 14 C
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 9.0 miles / 14.5 kilometers
Clouds: Overcast 1000 ft / 304 m

Today
Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog and drizzle in the morning. High 70. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

There is a Low hovering over our area that is keeping our temps from getting too hot. I like it!

Here are my dahlias all in bloom. You can see the section where Callie sat on them :P

Thumbnail by MySharona

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 5, 2008
1:47 PM

Post #5754751

Wow, I didn't realize that it had been a few days since I have been here--sure makes it hard to catch up. I can't comment on everything but I do just want to say:

Great photos everyone!

Rann: Hang in there. We are all on your side here on the weather thread and please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do for you. That is so great about your family sponsoring a child and so good for your girls, too, to get involved. It will certainly teach them compassion for those less fortunate.

Kiska: what is it that attracts the moose to your yard?

EB: more great shots of the PA countryside. Your orchard is very pretty. Nice pot, too!

BP" what kind of "stones" did you put in that "stone soup"? LOL
Kelli: great shots of the "golden foothills"--sure looks dry, though. Reminds me of scenes from a western movie.

Adina: isn't it nice to have the curtains installed? Now you have some privacy! The curtains are very pretty and I like the chairs in your bedroom, too!

Celia: so sorry to hear about your friend! Please know that you are in our thoughts.

Joey: Awww, just look at "our" sweet boy!

Sharon: pretty dahlias and the orchid cactus, too. Loved the sunrise shots.

No snow here, thank goodness! Just several days of absolutely wonderful weather, although unseasonably warm. We are supposed to get some rain tonight--hope so, because we need it.

Today Mostly Sunny
High 80F
Precip 0%
Wind: S 14 mph
Max. Humidity: 62%
UV Index: 4 Moderate
Sunrise: 6:33 AM CT
Avg. High: 66F
Record High: 82F (1978)
Tonight: Isolated T-Storms
Overnight Low 60F
Precip 30%
Wind: S 13 mph
Max. Humidity: 81%
Sunset: 5:10 PM CT
Avg. Low: 41F
Record Low: 20F (1976)

Fall Foliage: trees across the street from my house

Thumbnail by marsue

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 5, 2008
1:49 PM

Post #5754758

Good morning! Happy Day-after-Elections Day! Whether or not I'm happy about the outcome of the elections, I'm always VERY happy that they're over and I won't have to hear any more political ads for a looong time. Or get anymore of those annoying recoded-message phone calls. Yayy!

Several years ago I sponsored a boy from Indonesia through another program, Rann. I "had" him from age 6 until he graduated from their technical program and got a job. It was a blessing on SO many levels... I cried when he graduated and wrote his last letter - I was so proud of him, and so sad that I wasn't going to hear from him anymore. I'm so glad you are going to support your little friend - it will be wonderful for all of you. :-)

Adina, your house is lovely!!

Sally, what is chicken stone soup?

Those are gorgeous dahlias, Sharon!!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53am CST (39 min ago)
Temperature 63 F 17 C
Dew Point 61 F 16 C
Humidity 93%
Pressure 29.99 in 1015.5 mb
Wind Speed 5 MPH 4 kts
Wind Dir SE 140
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 9 mi 14.5 km
Current Conditions Mostly Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 64.0F / 17.8C

Today Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2008
1:51 PM

Post #5754762

34F with 44 for later today. And we got some snow. Not much, you can still see the grass.
Feels like: 26F

Barometer: 30 in ↓
Dewpoint: 29
Humidity: 82%
Visibility: 5 miles
Wind: 11 mph W
Sunrise: 7:03 AM
Sunset: 5:18 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 5, 2008
3:18 PM

Post #5755001

Marylyn - I always wondered what happened when the sponsored child grows up. Are they completely cut off from you at that time? Are the cildren not given your information at that time? It's a shame you lost contact with him.

Celia - Sounds chilly there this morning!

One thing I have learned is I don't really need my tv to survive. I pretty much quit watching it this last month. The constant barrage of ads, pundits, etc...blah blah blah LOL!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2008
3:23 PM

Post #5755022

Good morning, all.

I feel a little better now that I've been up awhile. This year has been extremely trying. Yesterday was the last straw. I broke down and couldn't even tell Darrell what was wrong.

Sharon, it is chilly. It's been snowing since I posted last.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 5, 2008
3:48 PM

Post #5755130

It is 66* outside and extremely windy. Partly sunny too.

The wind is bad enough that I might not run errands today.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 5, 2008
4:47 PM

Post #5755353

[quote]Marylyn - I always wondered what happened when the sponsored child grows up. Are they completely cut off from you at that time? Are the children not given your information at that time? It's a shame you lost contact with him.[/quote]

In the organization I went through, we were encouraged not to give the child our address while they are in the program. Letters get passed along the families and friends and other sponsors have had trouble with unscrupulous relatives using the contact info in bad ways. :-( I got to write one last letter to my Widiyanto when he graduated from the program, and I did give him my address then in case he wanted to write back. I never heard from him, though... I think maybe a girl might have been more likely to keep in touch. :-) The organization itself keeps in contact with the grown up kids, though, as much as they can (the now-adults aren't obligated to inform the organization when they move or anything, of course) and are always there for them if they need counseling or advice. Some sponsors have been able to travel overseas and visit "their" children... I would have loved to do that!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 5, 2008
7:30 PM

Post #5755917

Celia: You've lost your dad, your mom and now your friend in the space of about 10 months. You are certainly entitled to "break down" every so often. It helps to get those bottled-up emotions out--much better than keeping them pent-up inside and trying to keep a "stiff upper lip"!

Marylyn: I'm sorry you lost touch with the young person you sponsored. Perhaps one of these days he will get in touch with you again.

I read something on my little inspirational calendar this morning. I think it is appropriate for all of us to keep in mind. It was a quote from a woman named Barbara Johnson and it says: "We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope."

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 5, 2008
8:20 PM

Post #5756100

Thanks everyone for appreciation on my home, I'm glad it is over and I can get back to my usual chores...uh! It's been great to share with you very moment of my home's construction!
Celia, I'm so sorry about losing your friend...so young! Of course you can steal some ideas, anything you like !
Sharon , your dahlias are awesome !
Marsue, that is such a beautiful tree!
Sally, I'll search for those pics I took last spring in Bulgaria, when we spent the Easter holidays in the Golden Sands resort...it was great !
Rann, what a wonderful thing you're doing, bless you !
Other mums are blooming in my yard !
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 5, 2008
8:53 PM

Post #5756215

Pepper, I'll bet Grandma enjoyed your company as well as your help!

Kwanjin, that is heartbreaking. I'm so sorry.

Rann, your girls learn so many good things from you. They are blessed! Not many kids get a life experience like that. You are a beautiful family.

Sharon, we ate that soup in 3 meals :o) Your dahlia are so pretty! Do you keep them year round? Are they roots rather than tubers?

Marsue, I had leftover cabbage that I shredded, mushrooms that couldn't go another day, my own garden carrots and onions that needed using. Ditto for the garlic. I had red peppers from a friend that looked hot but weren't and I saved the fat and broth for potatoes and gravy :o) Stones can be very tasty!! What a beautiful tree!

Marylyn, so many beautiful people here. I'll bet your boy never forgot you! Have you ever read the childrens story about stone soup? A man walked into a village with a stone. A special stone that made soup. He put it into a pot of water and set to boiling the stone. He commented that a carrot would go nicely, so someone ran and got a carrot. A potato would be good. Someone else got a potato. It went on till they had a wonderful pot of soup and everyone ate it. My favorite story. I may have not told it well, but that's the gist. We have stone soup a lot ;o)

Kwanjin, I've heard the S word for us, but it won't be much. I love those clouds! I'm so sorry for your sadness.

Marylyn, it is sad that you don't have contact, but he also has to make his own way in life. You gave him a fighting chance.

Adina, I enjoyed your house building and think you have a wonderful place to live! Beautiful Mums! I have red ones and white ones and don't think I have a picture of the, It's almost too windy to get a good shot now.

74* for us. I hung clothes very early this morn so they would dry before any sprinkles set in. They did, but we are just overcast. It is getting Dyson dim in this room even tho the window is at my back.It's a beautiful day tho. I filled pots with potting soil and dug a the last tubers to store away. All my outdoor chores are done and I welcome the dreary day!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 5, 2008
9:07 PM

Post #5756267

Sally, glad you are here! Just found the thread where I posted some of teh pics from Golden Sands :

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/841853/

The sand seemed like gold, really!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 5, 2008
9:22 PM

Post #5756302

Adina, oh my gosh! It really does. It's so fine. When I was in Florida 32 years ago, I brought home a small baggie of white sand. I still have it and some of the shells we found. I did leave the dead jellyfish there LOL!
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 5, 2008
10:17 PM

Post #5756483

Hugs to you, Celia.

Interesting sand color, Adina, and I like the color of the chrysanthem. There are spots on the beach here where there are little flecks of something (mica?) that sparkle. It doesn't exactly look like gold, but it's kind of neat. One time we were up at the Yuba River (central or northern CA) and the sand in the river was full of flecks of pyrite ("fools gold") and it did look like gold. I kept a jar of it for a while, but it just wasn't the same in a jar as in its picturesque natural place.

Windy today

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on November 05, 2008
73 F / 23 C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 16%
Dew Point: 24 F / -4 C
Wind: 18 mph / 30 km/h / 8.2 m/s from the North
Wind Gust: 25 mph / 41 km/h / 11.3 m/s
Pressure: 30.02 in / 1017 hPa (Falling)
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 30000 ft / 9144 m
(Above Ground Level)

"Golden foothills" is not any specific place, just a description of the grassy hills that don't stay green. The green plant here is wild gourd.

Thumbnail by Kelli

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 6, 2008
12:11 AM

Post #5756894

22* Mostly cloudy with sun working hard to break through.
Celia~ I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend and one so young.
Been gone off and on most of the day;
Hi to all
Jackie
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 6, 2008
12:35 AM

Post #5756970

Greetings to all, a beautiful warm day here in Pa. Temps in the mid 60's - these past few days are absolutely perfect to go out and pull perennial weeds. Unfortunately I have contracted pneumonia. Don't know where I picked it up - unless it was at the Senior Citizens Center last Wed. when I went for my flu shot. LOL I had the necessary x-rays and got a 10 day prescription for a very expensive antibiotic for bacterial pneumonia. Tomorrow will be the third day for meds - and I already feel I'd like to go out and weed tomorrow.
However, the doctor clued in my husband with the bed rest and push fluids routine and he is soooo watchful. Was into the dr. today and declared still living. Now I need to get my car scanned. Never had this sh** before,
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 6, 2008
1:40 AM

Post #5757249

I had it when I was 18. You're lucky you caught it early. I let it go until I was too sick to go to class. I ended up in the hospital for 10 days with interveinous medication. I recovered just fine and never had it again.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2008
2:30 AM

Post #5757440

It's Dyson Dark and raining like crazy.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 6, 2008
10:41 AM

Post #5758098

Good Morning! I have a dentist appointment this morning; yep the 6-month cleaning is today. Im in the minority, I like to get my teeth cleaned and would do it monthly if I could.

Pepper What was your wind speed yesterday?
Celia How are you feeling today?
Marsue The thought for the day is so true! We must never give up hope.
Adina Your mums are very pretty.
Sally The dahlias made it through last winter. They are roots. I vaguely remember hearing the story of stone soup somewhere, maybe when I lived in England? Ill have to think about that.
Se_eds Im cracking up! Im glad you are feeling better, mind the Dr.s orders and enjoy the break. Ive never had it either.

Dyson Dark here.speaking ofwhere is Dyson?

59.0 F / 15.0 C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 54 F / 12 C
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 7.0 miles / 11.3 kilometers
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 100 ft / 30 m

Now
Areas of fog will continue to develop over the area and last through 8 am today. Patches of dense fog can be expected with visibilities less than half a mile especially in and around Alma... Brunswick...Lake City...Live Oak...Jacksonville and Gainesville. Motorists should be on the lookout for sudden changes in visibility as the patchy nature of the fog will drop visibilities quickly in a short distance.

Today
Partly cloudy. Areas of dense fog in the morning. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times in the morning. High 74. North winds 5 mph.

Sylvester couldn't figure out why the kitty wouldn't play with him :)

Thumbnail by MySharona

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 6, 2008
3:53 PM

Post #5758837

Kelli, it's a nicer name than dormant grass LOL! Do you pick the gourds for decorations?

Seeds, glad you will be getting over the pnemonia. I've never had it, but my Mom got it once, sometimes twice a year.

Pepper, it was just about the same here at the same time :o)

Sharon, I like teeth cleaning too. It's relaxing and they look great after. We do the 6 months too. Sylvester, you are too funny!!

60* and rain off and on since 4:00 am. Sun is almost out now.

A catnip moment :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 6, 2008
3:53 PM

Post #5758842

Sally, you are so funny...dead jellyfish!LOL I also brought a small glass of golden sand and I still have it too !
Kelli, the hills sure look wild ! I agree, the sand isn't the same like on the beach, but still I like to look at it sometimes.
Se_eds, soryy fr the pneumonia, but I'm glad you are already feeling better. When I did my flu vaccine, they said I have to watch out and not to get some flu within two weeks...I was lucky, but still did an easy one after the two weeks...yuck!
Sharon, it's great you have your teeth cleaned every six months ! Good luck today!
It's been a thick fog this morning, but the sun came up and it was sunny all day and warm too.
I just picked up most of my mums for a friend who's BD is tomorrow .
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 6, 2008
3:55 PM

Post #5758849

Partly cloudy. Dyson Dark;
24 ~ yes, where is Dyson?
Highs in the 20s.
Northeast wind 10 to 20 mph with local gusts to 35 mph in the morning
Se_eds; get well soon and please follow all orders for bed rest:)
kelli~sounds as if you had quite a time of it w/pneumonia.
pepper~hope the rain is a good thing-
MySharona~you are certainly not the "norm" when it comes to dental visit:)) Every 6 months is all I can handle.
Off to Anchorage this morning; Costco run.
9am sunup 2 days ago.

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 6, 2008
3:57 PM

Post #5758854

Adina~love your boquet; lucky friend to have them "in person". Thanks for sharing here, too.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 6, 2008
4:01 PM

Post #5758865

Sally, the kitties are so cute!
Sharon, I forgot to mention how funny is Sylvester with the nookitty!LOL
Someone is going to be so busted!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 6, 2008
4:07 PM

Post #5758893

Jackie, thanks, always glad to share! Is it starting to get dark ?
Sending another bloom , especially for you...a red hibiscus!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2008
4:14 PM

Post #5758918

Sunny, breezy and 59*.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 6, 2008
4:34 PM

Post #5758993

Thanks for your support everyone. I feel better today. I'm just glad Brooke had no children of her own.

Did Sylvester ever figure out why the kiity wouldn't play? LOL

BP, I think your kitties need rehab!

30F with 43 for later today.
Feels like: 23F

Barometer: 30.5 in ↓
Dewpoint: 24
Humidity: 78%
Wind: 7 mph SSE
Sunrise: 7:04 AM
Sunset: 5:17 PM

I've shared this before. Isis loves to be vacuumed. She will park herself in front of it until it's her turn.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 6, 2008
4:41 PM

Post #5759014

Adina, you have a beautiful assortment of Mums! My neighbor used to invite me to get as bouquet of hers before the freeze took them, but I have cats.

Kiska, I marvel that none of the mountain pictures are ever the same. I love the light on the backside!

Adina, ut oh!! Puppy teeth. I love flower close-ups. The hibiscus sure is pretty

Kwanjin, I think I used a crunched up plant for that reaction :o) Boy, I wish my sheddy cats like to be vacumed. They'll leap 10 feet when I get mine out.

Still 60* even tho the sun is out.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 6, 2008
5:42 PM

Post #5759167

BP: here's a link about the original story of Stone Soup. I first heard the story when my kids would watch Captain Kangaroo on tv. (many years ago).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_soup
Se-eds: sorry about the pneumonia--feel better soon!
Kiska: another great mountain photo! It would be hard for me to live in a place where the sun doesn't come up until 9 a.m. or after.
Adina: gorgeous mum bouquet. What a nice birthday gift for your friend! Poor puppy. Beautiful hibiscus.

All those kitties--so funny! Makes me want to get a cat but DH would say no! Cats belong in a barn, according to him. :o((
Celia; That's amazing that Isis actually likes to be vacuumed!

We had some rain this morning but not as much as we needed. However, I am thankful for waht we did get. It has already stopped raining and it looks as if the clouds are breaking up. The sun is trying to peek through.
Today: Mostly Sunny
High 69F
Precip 20%
Wind: W 12 mph
Max. Humidity: 47%
UV Index: 4 Moderate
Sunrise: 6:35 AM CT
Avg. High: 65F
Record High: 83F (1989)
Tonight: Mostly Clear
Overnight Low 40F
Precip 0%
Wind: W 7 mph
Max. Humidity: 68%
Sunset: 5:08 PM CT
Avg. Low: 41F
Record Low: 14F (1993)

I went outside just as it started raining this morning and cut these two blossoms from one of my roses. These are blooms from Peach Belle:

Thumbnail by marsue

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 6, 2008
10:59 PM

Post #5760355

Kind of windy today

Updated: 2:51 PM PST on November 06, 2008
82 F / 28 C
Clear
Humidity: 14%
Dew Point: 28 F / -2 C
Wind: 16 mph / 26 km/h / 7.2 m/s from the North
Wind Gust: 23 mph / 37 km/h / 10.3 m/s
Pressure: 30.07 in / 1018 hPa (Falling)
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Thumbnail by Kelli

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2008
11:21 PM

Post #5760422

We have had wind gusts up to 40 mph today and last night it was closer to 50 mph. Temps are dropping fast here. We are already down to 56*.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 6, 2008
11:32 PM

Post #5760454

Good news from the dentist no problems. Im so blessed to not have problems with my teeth. The last cavity I had was in 84.

Sally LOL at your kitties!
Adina Love the bouquet, its beautiful! Im sure your friend will be thrilled receiving them. LOL at the dog and the doormat!
Celia No, Sylvester decided to ignore the non-moving cat. My cats would tear me to shreds if I tried the vacuum trick!
Marsue- Thanks for the link now I remember the brothers Grimm! Peach Belle is a beauty
Kelli Windy, kind of like the windy we get here! More like Gusty! Like Peppers :) Is that a petrified tree? Cool picture!

63.5 F / 17.5 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 53 F / 12 C
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa (Rising)
Clouds: Few 4000 ft / 1219 m

Tonight
Mostly clear. Patchy dense fog after midnight. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times after midnight. Low 50. East winds 5 mph shifting to the west after midnight.

Here is our lovley moon tonight!

Thumbnail by MySharona

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 6, 2008
11:57 PM

Post #5760549

marsue, Peachbelle roses are lovely. Isn't this a beautiful time of year. We had temps in the high 60's, sunshine and light breezes. Wonderful working weather. However, the dr. tipped off my husband and the work I accomplished today was - bed rest - reheated pork and sauerkraut for lunch and unload the dryer. Sound exciting - Oh Yeah!!!
- I am feeling better
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 7, 2008
12:13 AM

Post #5760608

Sharon, it's just a run-of-the-mill rock, or you can call it petrified ancient sea bed if you want. (No, no fossils here.)
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 7, 2008
9:57 AM

Post #5762015

Good morning!

It's wet this morning and breezy with a temp. of 53F. Very warm for this time of year. Yesterday was around 50F, cloudy and fairly calm - very nice day :-)

Thanks everyone for you comments. I enjoyed all your posts and photos and "ditto" what everyone else has commented ;-) lol I don't have time for personal comments, I need to be at Selma's school in 5 min. They're having a collections day and the parents are invited to come take a look at everyone's collections.

Marylyn - glad to hear you had such a positive experience with your sponsor child - sorry you lost touch though. I'd imagine that's pretty common though since it's probably hard for many of them to stay in touch once they're graduated.

Celia and seeds - so glad you are gradually feeling better. Celia I'm so sorry you've lost so many close ones this year.

Rann
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2008
10:53 AM

Post #5762055

Se_eds Glad you are feeling better. Youll be out and about in no time : )
Kelli LOL! I prefer the petrified ancient seabed without fossils (because everyone already picked all the fossils out). Sounds more exotic : )
Rann - What is a collections day? Have fun!

56.5 F / 13.6 C
Fog
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 51 F / 10 C
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 0.5 miles / 0.8 kilometers
Clouds: Overcast 100 ft / 30 m

Now
Dense fog is expected over much of northeast Florida and portions of southeast Georgia through sunrise. A dense fog advisory is in effect for northeast Florida. Visibilities of a quarter of a mile or less are expected especially in open areas. Motorists should be on the lookout for sudden changes in visibility. Use low beam headlights and leave plenty of space between you and the car ahead of you. Fog conditions are expected to improve between 8 and 9 am.

Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 am EST this morning...

Today
Widespread dense fog in the morning. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times in the morning. Then mostly sunny. High 76. West winds 5 mph shifting to the southeast in the afternoon.

I've had a bloom every morning this week. Two more and it should be done for the season.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2008
2:14 PM

Post #5762496

Good morning! I'm so glad you're feeling better, se_eds! I'm glad your hubby is keeping you from doing too much. :-)

What kind of collection does Selma have, Rann?

Yikes, Pepper... I hope you have everything tied down!

That is a very cool hunk o' "petrified sea bed", Kelli! LOL

That's a beautiful epi bloom, Sharon. Our epi is just sitting here - well, flopping here, I should say - under the window... It looks healthy enough, but it sure doesn't bloom like yours! Do you have yours in the ground or in a pot?

It's a bit cooler today than it has been.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 5:54am CST (113 min ago)
Temperature 56 F 13 C
Dew Point 48 F 9 C
Humidity 74%
Pressure 30.06 in 1018.1 mb
Wind Speed 6 MPH 5 kts
Wind Dir NNE 20
Ceiling 8500 ft 2591 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Mostly Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 5:54am CST : 55.9F / 13.3C
6 hour max temperature ending 5:54am CST : 66.9F / 19.4C

Today Partly cloudy early in the morning then becoming mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight Clear. Lows in the upper 40s. Northeast winds around 5 mph.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2008
4:07 PM

Post #5762922

45.7*, cloudy and not quite as windy as it was yesterday. At least not yet.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2008
4:37 PM

Post #5763052

Well...rain, rain, and more rain. But not today. ☺And possibly some snow starting tomorrow. We have a heavy storm coming this weekend.

Great pics, everyone!

Ric, is that room done yet?

Mau, your rose is lovely.

Kelli, I love the hills above you.

41F with 50 for later today.
Feels like: 36F

Barometer: 30.5 in ↓
Dewpoint: 27
Humidity: 57%
Wind: 8 mph SE
Sunrise: 7:06 AM
Sunset: 5:16 PM

I found some very cute pics of my DD and mom. Crystal was about 2, I think.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2008
5:26 PM

Post #5763265

Marylyn - Its in a concrete pot. I put a tiny bit of Dynamite fertilizer on it this summer. I think thats the reason it has done so well this year.
Celia Thats a wonderful picture! Your DD is too cute. How old is she now?

75.0 F / 23.9 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 34%
Dew Point: 45 F / 7 C
Wind Gust: 4.4 mph / 7.1 km/h
Pressure: 30.01 in / 1016.1 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 77 F / 25 C
UV: 7 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3500 ft / 1066 m

It's a beautiful day!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2008
6:03 PM

Post #5763362

She's 30 this year. She's coming for a visit the day after Thanksgiving.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 7, 2008
6:11 PM

Post #5763388

Mostly cloudy. Highs in the 20s.
East wind 10 to 15 mph
kwanjin~ I love the "before and after". Have a great visit.
pepper~glad the winds have died down so far. Most unpleasant sounding.
kelli~the rock is great~love how the smaller one is balancing on it..
rann~certainly will make winter seem shorter when there's warmer weather this time of year. Thinking often of you/country. Collections day sounds like fun~do let us know more about it.
MySharona~how nice to have a couple more days of blooms left. They are just gorgeous.
Sunset at 4:30pm yesterday. The alpenglow was awesome and filled the area with it's pink glow.

Thumbnail by kiska

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2008
6:13 PM

Post #5763397

Oh, Kiska, how lovely!
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 7, 2008
11:31 PM

Post #5764383

Wow - Kiska that is one gorgeous sunset :-)

The kids brought something they are collecting to school with them yesterday. They put it on display and wrote a short description about their collection. Then today, parents were invited to come take a look. The kids baked muffins in Home ec. earlier this week and there was coffee and hot cocoa. It was really nice :-) Selma brought a fraction of her stone and shell collection.

There are no good news here, it's all looking very grim. Looks like there are forces trying to stop the IFS loan ... take a wild guess who that might be :-( It's been a month now that we've been in this sort of limbo state, not knowing what will happen, getting absolutely no information about what's going on and basically with our economy in a deep freeze. If we don't get that loan it's pretty much over for us ... it's the only lifeline we have.

Rann
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 7, 2008
11:34 PM

Post #5764391

I'm really sorry to hear that, Rann. :-(

A tad bit on the hot side, and windy

Updated: 2:51 PM PST on November 07, 2008
84 F / 29 C
Clear
Humidity: 15%
Dew Point: 32 F / 0 C
Wind: 21 mph / 33 km/h / 9.3 m/s from the North
Wind Gust: 28 mph / 44 km/h / 12.3 m/s
Pressure: 29.98 in / 1015 hPa (Falling)
UV: 2 out of 16
(Above Ground Level)

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 8, 2008
12:27 AM

Post #5764542

Kiska Thats a beautiful picture!
Rann That sounds like a lot of fun for everyone! Were still praying that everything gets straightened out soon for you. That is just horrible.

65.1 F / 18.4 C
Clear
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 54 F / 12 C
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 29.98 in / 1015.1 hPa (Rising)

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 52. Southwest winds 5 mph.

I'm tired. The yard sale is tomorrow, my friend the Queen of Clean LOL!, is bringing a bunch of stuff over as well. It begins at 8 and ends whenever we feel like ending it. I've got a pot of pulled pork slow cooking for lunch tomorrow. I still have enough stuff that I haven't been able to get to to have another next weekend, so does she.

Thumbnail by MySharona

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 8, 2008
1:28 AM

Post #5764804

We had another perfect day with highs of about 78 degrees. 3 MPH winds, sunshine spilt all over the place.
Kiska, your sunrise/sunset shots are gorgeous. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow.. Don't know when we have had such a beautiful first week in November.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 8, 2008
2:40 AM

Post #5765024

It's too cold for comfort and Dyson Dark.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 8, 2008
6:57 AM

Post #5765492

MySharona~ have a great sale; the crock pot meal sounds great. Pretty Prissy.
Thanks all, for the comments. Sharing out parts of the world is such fun.
se_eds~hope you're doing better; sounds like a beautiful day, too.
19* ~ 10pm.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 8, 2008
3:58 PM

Post #5766330

38* and cloudy. Not much wind either.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2008
4:05 PM

Post #5766358

37* misty, grey, breezy, snow flurry, gloomy. A perfect day to cocoon!

Marsue, thanks for the link to the original story. I copied it to notepad. I should look for the book. I could just eat Peach Belle!!

Kelli, 82* sounds good to me! I love the rolling look!

Wow Pepper! That's too windy for me!

Sharon, good for you! What a beautiful night!

Seeds, better rest!! I'm glad you are better. I hate being sick! Supper sounds good to me! Makes me hungry for kraut.

Rann, nice weather for a change.

Kwanjin, she is so cute! Mom is pretty too! My daughter is 31 :o) They do grow up! What are the patches on her coat?

Kiska, that is a beautiful sunset!

Rann, that is a good collection. It's a nice way for kids to enjoy their hobbies, when they get to share. Oh Rann, I hope everything gets better. Big prayers. Let us know when you do need something.

Sharon, looking forward to your ''profit'' report! Cute little Prissy!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2008
5:07 PM

Post #5766629

Rann, sending more happy thoughts for you and your country. Your girls and you deserve better than that.

BP, her coat is a Patriots coat.

Prissy! LOL She's the cutest little thing. And such energy. Makes me tired watching her.

It's 42 and sunny right now but...

"ANOTHER ROUND OF RAIN AND SNOW WILL MOVE INTO UTAH AND SOUTHWEST WYOMING LATE THIS WEEKEND. A STORM SYSTEM MOVING INTO THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST TODAY WILL TRACK ACROSS THE GREAT BASIN TONIGHT... BRINGING PRECIPITATION TO WESTERN UTAH BY TOMORROW MORNING. MORE INTENSE PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TOMORROW AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY MORNING ACROSS THE FORECAST AREA AS THE STORM AND ITS ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT MOVE THROUGH. SNOW SHOULD CONTINUE OVER THE HIGHER TERRAIN THROUGH AT LEAST MONDAY AFTERNOON."

So, we'll stick up and wait for it.

Sea Lion sunning on the Columbia River, June 2007.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 8, 2008
9:06 PM

Post #5767344

We had the best time today. It was the perfect day to have a yard sale. The high was 74*, got a little cloudy a couple of times, but cleared up. Prissy is always the meet & greet committee. Everyone loves her. Gary helped us move things around and load up vehicles hes a great pack mule LOL! I made $300, Mitzi made 400Ill have to out do her next Saturday!

Se_eds How are you feeling today? Want me to send up some pulled pork?
Sally Sounds like a nice day to curl up by a firenot that I would know anything about that!
Celia Prissy is a bundle of energykind of like the energizer bunny. We can play and play until we fall down and she looks at us like Get upwhats the problem? Throw the ball do it again! Ive never seen a sea lion in person. That is so cool!

70.3 F / 21 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 33%
Dew Point: 40 F / 4 C
Wind: 6.4 mph / 10 km/hfrom the WNW
Wind Gust: 12.2 mph / 19 km/h
Pressure: 29.86 in / 1011.1 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 76 F / 25 C
Clouds: Few 6000 ft / 1828 m

Tonight
Clear. Low 45. West winds 5 mph.
I have no new pictures...oh well...next time :)
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 8, 2008
9:25 PM

Post #5767404

Sharon, LOL. I don't have new ones either so don't feel bad.

Still cold and cloudy at 41*. Will get into the mid 20s tonight.

This message was edited Nov 8, 2008 8:30 PM
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 8, 2008
11:15 PM

Post #5767882

At the risk of boring you...

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on November 08, 2008
83 F / 28 C
Clear
Humidity: 17%
Dew Point: 34 F / 1 C
Wind: 8 mph / 13 km/h / 3.6 m/s from the SE
Pressure: 29.85 in / 1011 hPa (Falling)
(Above Ground Level)

The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 6 am to 9 PM PST Sunday.

Strong and gusty northerly winds are expected to develop early
Sunday morning behind a cold front passage... and continue through
Sunday evening. Sustained winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph are
likely.

From the Los Angeles Arboretum - I don't remember the name of this, but I think it is something like nephy-something. It is a carnivorous plant. It develops pitchers at the end of the leaves the hold water and catch insects. It is in a greenhouse where the mister comes on about every ten seconds. In other words, it isn't something I could grow in my yard.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 8, 2008
11:16 PM

Post #5767887

one of the pitchers - behind it is a young one that hasn't fully developed yet

This message was edited Nov 8, 2008 3:17 PM

Thumbnail by Kelli

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 8, 2008
11:24 PM

Post #5767931

39.7* and windy.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 8, 2008
11:42 PM

Post #5768011

Well, Pepper, if it's any consolation, at least your governor doesn't want to raise sales tax to 10%.
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 9, 2008
1:26 AM

Post #5768339

Wow, what a raise in sales tax. Would you rather have Rann's financial worries? Pa. sales tax is 6% - a bummer when you are buying a new vehicle - but we aren't buying any and from the crowds I've seen at the car dealerships in my area - no one else is either.

The year is winding down quickly here. I had a deposit of solid gold strewn about the back yard daylily garden. Large gold maple leaves. They lodge amongst the daylilys and provide a welcome mulch. We have a bit of rain today so it will help to hold them in place. FREE GOLD!!!!

I believe I am better, am doing deep breathing and am able to get air down into my lungs I have 5 of those pills to go. Just wonder why I am so weak. Colds never bother me- in fact I didn't have any for the past three years. Must be getting old. LOL

Thumbnail by se_eds

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2008
2:49 AM

Post #5768633

Seeds, lack of oxygen will make you weak. Glad you're feeling better, though. What a pretty lily!

I gathered some fallen leaves from my neighbors tree in our yard and spread them in the back bed. I love free mulch, too.

Kelli...Nepenthus?

This message was edited Nov 8, 2008 7:52 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 9, 2008
2:51 AM

Post #5768642

Kelli that's a Nepenthes.
VERY hard to grow well...and those are grown VERY well!

Sales tax here is 6.5% (the .5% is for the two new stadiums to which we have never been)

Cool and Mixed today,
Maybe 45 for a high.
Good weather for construction though!
We started trimming out the exterior of the FPR.
Most of today was spent at Lowes or HD so we didn't get much done.
But one set of window trim is up and ready for paint...

Ric

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2008
1:21 PM

Post #5769569

37 Bright and clear. Since I'll be wiring outdoors today it will be done in Carhartts.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2008
4:06 PM

Post #5770101

Barely 33* and a raw wind. I'm staying in!!!

Kwanjin, is that her telescope in the background? Love the sea lion!

Sharon ! What did you sell??? I'll bet Gary felt so good to be out doing something!

Kelli, you're never boring!! Carniverous plants are so pretty, and amazing! That's a nasty number for a sales tax!

Seeds, very good point. Rann has it bad. Deep breathing benifits everyone. I practice at least once every day. Free gold! I love that! Love the curls on the daylily!

Kwanjin, I hate to admit the pristine snow is beautiful, but... The green and gold is sure pretty!

Ric, can't wait to see the finished room!

Dyson, you're barely warmer than us!

Bloopy sunrise last week. I've never seen one like it before!

Thumbnail by billyporter

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2008
4:25 PM

Post #5770173

Almost done, Ric! Looks great.

BP, the telescope is ours. We don't use it as often as we would like, though.

51F This is as warm as it's going to get today.
Feels like: 51F

Barometer: 29.6 in
Dewpoint: 33
Humidity: 50%
Wind: 6 mph S
Sunrise: 7:08 AM
Sunset: 5:14 PM

8:15 am today.

This message was edited Nov 9, 2008 9:32 AM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2008
4:42 PM

Post #5770235

Kwanjin, I have one almost like it. We got it to look at Hally's Comet. It also sits in a corner, but pretty soon the grandkids will be old enough to look thru it.

That looks like a cold sky!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2008
4:53 PM

Post #5770283

Yes, it's cold but not as cold as I thought it was going to be. The scope gets pulled out when special events are coming. The last time was the lunar eclipse.

The sky about 15 minutes later.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2008
4:54 PM

Post #5770287

Oops!

Thumbnail by kwanjin

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2008
5:59 PM

Post #5770463

Good afternoon :-)

It's been a bit breezy today, but dry and a very decent 48F so no complaints here ;-)

Very nice photos everyone :-)

seeds - very pretty daylily. I'm so glad you are feeling better :-) The golden maple leaves sound so pretty - I can picture it in my mind :-)

Kelli - those carnivorous plants are really cool :-)

About sales tax - I think we have you all beat ;-) lol We pay 25%, except food is 14% and sales tax on "neccessary" food was lowered to 7% a while back. Complicated, huh?? lol And our loans are linked to the index number which basically means that the loans increase with inflation. And we're "looking forward too" crazy inflation rates in the coming months so our loans will be increasing horribly ... meanwhile house prices are predicted to go down 40%. This wonderful index link does not extend to open bank accounts, so we need to figure out what to do with our savings so they won't "burn up" in the inflation ... Accounts that are index linked are bound for at least 3 years ... which seems a pretty long time to tie up funds when things are so uncertain. But to be clear, I personally don't really have it all that bad, yet anyways. We've been very lucky. However there are a lot of people suffering here right now. The number of families relying on charities for food have doubled in a very short amount of time.

I haven't posted a photo in while, I really haven't felt much like picking up the camera for the past month. Here's a sunset photo from last week, sometime between 4:30 and 5:00 pm.

Have a good everning :-)

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2008
8:21 PM

Post #5770939

Bah our internet has been down since yesterday afternoon. Grrrrr

Kelli Thats a cool plant! I see youre temps are getting lower. I know youre happy about that! Whoa - 10%? Why? Were at 7%.
Se_eds Glad to hear you are felling better : ) That daylily is beautiful! Love the free gold
Celia- I like the green against the white.
Ric The FRP is looking good!
Dyson There you are!
Sally Gary had a great time! I paid him for helping us out. I had some furniture, clothes, dishes and things that have been piling up for awhile. Jeff does some clean up work for my job. If a tenant breaks their lease and leaves stuff behind (sometimes really good stuff) then he goes in and cleans up. Ill put the good stuff in a yard sale. Im going to go through more stuff this week to put out with what didnt sell yesterday. Mitzi is going to go in it with me again too. She had a lot of furniture. Neat sunrise!
Rann That is a complicated tax system. How do you keep it straight? The problem is house prices are going down, but no one can buy due to the economy same here. Our rental market is saturated now because people cant sell their homes so they want to rent them out. We dont have enough renters to pick up the slack. Its crazy. Foreclosures abound.

69.1 F / 20.6 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 24%
Dew Point: 31 F / -1 C
Wind: 6.4 mph / 10.3 km/h / 2.9 m/s from the WSW
Wind Gust: 13.5 mph / 21.7 km/h
Pressure: 29.95 in / 1014.1 hPa (Steady)
Clouds: Few 20000 ft / 6096 m

Tonight
Clear. Low 45. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Our high was 70* today - it has been the most wonderful weather weekend in a couple of weeks. My E. Hookeri finished blooming last night. The 2 last blooms are supposed to fade around 9am, but they are still in full bloom! Ican't figure out how to put the date/time stamp on my pictures. Ric, got any ideas?

Thumbnail by MySharona

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 9, 2008
8:58 PM

Post #5771039

They want to raise the sales tax because there is a budget shortage, I guess. (I didn't read the article. DH told me about it.) It is supposed to be temporary, but I don't trust them as far as I could throw them. The 8.25% we have now was originally supposed to be temporary. I guess it's temporary until it is raised. (I think the flat rate for the state is 7.5% and counties and cities can add to it if they want. If you buy a car, you pay the sales tax of the county you live in, not the county you buy the car in. If you buy a car in another state, you have to pay a fee to transfer it to CA registration. They get you coming or going.)

Rann, your sales tax is awful. I've heard that taxes are high in Europe, but I was of the impression that at least they got their moneys' worth, like good public transportation and low crime. My impression is the people over there are less likely to abuse the system, like you won't find families that have been on welfare for generations and think they are entitled to it and more. I could be totally wrong, so let me know how it really is.

The Weather Underground report for Van Nuys is not like it is at my house, so I'll tell you it's windy, sunny, and not hot.

Arboretum picture - floss-silk tree flower

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 9, 2008
8:59 PM

Post #5771044

floss-silk tree

Thumbnail by Kelli

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2008
9:11 PM

Post #5771081

Kwanjin, I love how the sky changes. I have learned that if I want a picture of a certain cloud, to got the camera NOW!

Rann, I think our taxes look pretty good. The sky is an interesting mix!

Sharon, what a great way to make extra money and get new things!

Yep Kelli, they always say temporary, or, this will lower property taxes. HA! Floss silk bloom is beautiful!! Especially against a blue sky!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 9, 2008
9:46 PM

Post #5771221

Kelli, beautiful flowers, but so dangerous the Nephentes!
Rann, sorry for such a difficult time...I hope things get settled soon. Wonderful sunset!
Celia, it's great your DD comes home ! Beautiful sky!
Kiska, wow, so beautiful!
Sharon, you should have a button for the menu and tehre you can set the date/time.
Ric, way to go ! You've worked so hard and the windows are looking great!

It's getting cold here too, 41 at night and 53 at noon tomorrow. It's been a very strong wind yesterday and cloudy, but today the sun came up.
We still had to do an insulation for the small basement where we are keeping the generator. DH was watching.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 9, 2008
9:48 PM

Post #5771226

And the worker who did the insulation.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2008
10:55 PM

Post #5771442

Kelli - Floss silk trees!! That's what they're called! I saw some in Spain and got so excited to see them "in person" since I remembered your photos you posted a while back of them ... just couldn't remember what they were called ;-) lol Very pretty! :-) About the high taxes ... it's true we have a more substantial "safety net" than in the US. Better health care and insurance ... I don't know about other countries but I've never heard of generations here living on welfare ... it's not a good life and you wouldn't live it if you'd have a choice. I have heard about such problems in Sweden where they have even higher taxes and much more extensive welfare system than here though.

Sharon - glad your yard sale went so well :-) I don't keep track of the sales tax ;-) lol But the amount you pay in tax is always listed on the receipt when you buy stuff ... it's always an annoyingly high number ;-) lol Originally it was a flat 25% sales tax on everything ... which was actually supposed to be a "temporary thing". That was about 20 years ago. Then they decided to lower the sales tax on food to 14% since food prices are high enough here (and books are 14% too for some reason) ... then it was lowered again on the most "essential" food products a while back - I forget when to 7% ... at least I think that's how it is now, as you can see it's hard to keep track ;-) lol

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 10, 2008
1:49 AM

Post #5772093

26* Nearly dark. 5pm
Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of snow.Northeast wind 15 to 25 mph with local gusts to 45 mph.
See you all in the morning:)

Thumbnail by kiska

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 10, 2008
1:58 AM

Post #5772136

I had to laugh about our Florida people gardening in "shorts" and Dyson wiring in "Carhartts"! Different strokes for different folks.

Weather changed here today from sunny and warm to part clouds and cold. I must be getting better as I could hardly resist going out to do some gardening today. The darn pills were $172.00 for 10 tablets but my insurance brought the cost down to about $40.00. I just cannot believe $17.00 per pill???

They do work good though. I know I am better as my appetite returned today. Darn shame as I have been losing weight all week. LOL I made two pounds of ground beef into home made hamburg bar-b-que in the crock pot and ate about 1/2 cup of it on bread. (My husband loves it so don't have to cook for two days and I will freeze leftovers).

For all you people needing money - I got a deposit of gold into my Daylily Bank. Never had much cash, but have been incredibly blessed with riches beyond compare.

Thumbnail by se_eds

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 10, 2008
2:10 AM

Post #5772190

Brrrrrrr!
Well the windows are done.
Just need a bit of warm so we can paint the trim.
I'm off to a hot tub!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2008
10:54 AM

Post #5773102

Kelli The Floss Silk tree flowers are beautiful!
Adina/Ric - I have been all over this camera looking for a date/time stamp. I have set the date and time, but cant get it on the pictures. I know you are glad to get the insulation in before it gets really cold.
Kiska Beautiful aspenglow!
Se_eds Glad to hear you are feeling much better! Nothing like being able to go outside to make me feel better. That is a beautiful gold flow you have!
Ric Awesome job on the FPR!

49.1 F / 9.5 C
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 49 F / 9 C
Humidity: 70%
Dew Point: 40 F / 4 C
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Rising)
Clouds: Few 20000 ft / 6096 m

Today
Mostly sunny. High 68. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

My newest acquisition, $3 at WalMart. I need to get an ID on it.

Thumbnail by MySharona

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 10, 2008
11:34 AM

Post #5773126

Good morning!

I woke up to howling winds this morning and just felt like not waking up for another 2 hours ;-) lol It's calmed a bit now, 45F and partly cloudy so it's not looking too bad :-)

Kiska - beautiful :-)

seeds - ahh, just as pretty as I pictured it ;-)

Sharon - gorgeous hibiscus :-)

Ric - looking good! Congratulations on a task almost complete :-)

I'm so ready for some good news right now ... I'm so sick of this knot in my stomach and shortness of breath I've had for the past two weeks at least ... :-(

The sun's low on the horizon now - taken at 11:30 am this morning.

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 10, 2008
12:06 PM

Post #5773164

This article is pretty accurate in describing the state of things here at the moment : http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/09/world/europe/09iceland.html?_r=3&oref=slogin&pagewanted=all&oref=slogin&oref=slogin
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2008
12:16 PM

Post #5773175

New thread here :)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/922311/
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 11, 2008
4:55 PM

Post #5778224

Having bad computer problems and hubby is sick, too. Please pray for him. I'll be back when computer gets fixed, hopefully, and when hubby is better.

Hugs to all!
Marilyn

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America