Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Snow Seeds: Seeds......

Communities > Forums > Article: Snow Seeds
bookmark
Forum: Article: Snow SeedsReplies: 1, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Ucabutrfly
Bristol, TN
(Zone 6b)

November 3, 2008
5:54 AM

Post #5746340

Sharran,

My Grandaughter and I did the clay balls with seeds in them today. I did the spring seeds, and the summer seeds separately.

I had SO many seeds, I hate to waste them. ( I too am an addict. :)

This year, even though we were in a drought, I had soo many seeds. God blessed us this year.

I'm sorta in a valley..(dip) in the landscape. We did alright, even my vegetable garden.

I thought that this would be a good project for us... McKenzie LOVED it!!!! She is much like I was when I was young, a tomboy, and a nature lover.

Now she asks every time we see a dying flower..."Can we get some seeds Mamaw?"

And another Gardner is born...

Thanks Sharron,

Gloria

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2008
6:11 AM

Post #5746360

Gloria! What a beautiful note. I love projects that can be done with little ones, and this is one of my favorites to do with my 4 year old grandson Ethan. It is great that McKenzie liked it.

I know all about Bristol, TN and VA also. I grew up not so far from there, but for a while the only TV signal came from Bristol. Lovely spot in this big world, I am glad the drought did not do much damage for you.

Thank you so much for writing, I hope we will eventually be surrounded by more little gardeners. Isn't that a nice sustainable legacy to leave?
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Snow Seeds Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Another article to make us smile! KyWoods 9 Nov 13, 2008 4:01 PM
lol Kathleen 1 Nov 2, 2008 6:11 PM
Kindered Souls..... Gitagal 7 Nov 3, 2008 3:46 PM
Seeds of friendship Hemophobic 2 Nov 2, 2008 11:47 PM
Great Article roserairie 2 Nov 2, 2008 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America