Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: Snow Seeds: Seeds......

Communities > Forums > Article: Snow Seeds
bookmark
Forum: Article: Snow SeedsReplies: 1, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Ucabutrfly
Bristol, TN
(Zone 6b)

November 3, 2008
5:54 AM

Post #5746340

Sharran,

My Grandaughter and I did the clay balls with seeds in them today. I did the spring seeds, and the summer seeds separately.

I had SO many seeds, I hate to waste them. ( I too am an addict. :)

This year, even though we were in a drought, I had soo many seeds. God blessed us this year.

I'm sorta in a valley..(dip) in the landscape. We did alright, even my vegetable garden.

I thought that this would be a good project for us... McKenzie LOVED it!!!! She is much like I was when I was young, a tomboy, and a nature lover.

Now she asks every time we see a dying flower..."Can we get some seeds Mamaw?"

And another Gardner is born...

Thanks Sharron,

Gloria

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2008
6:11 AM

Post #5746360

Gloria! What a beautiful note. I love projects that can be done with little ones, and this is one of my favorites to do with my 4 year old grandson Ethan. It is great that McKenzie liked it.

I know all about Bristol, TN and VA also. I grew up not so far from there, but for a while the only TV signal came from Bristol. Lovely spot in this big world, I am glad the drought did not do much damage for you.

Thank you so much for writing, I hope we will eventually be surrounded by more little gardeners. Isn't that a nice sustainable legacy to leave?
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Snow Seeds Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Another article to make us smile! KyWoods 9 Nov 13, 2008 4:01 PM
lol Kathleen 1 Nov 2, 2008 6:11 PM
Kindered Souls..... Gitagal 7 Nov 3, 2008 3:46 PM
Seeds of friendship Hemophobic 2 Nov 2, 2008 11:47 PM
Great Article roserairie 2 Nov 2, 2008 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America