Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Voting Booth: Election Week: Be sure to vote...for your favorite gardening stuff!

Communities > Forums > Voting Booth
bookmark
Forum: Voting BoothReplies: 23, Views: 329
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dave

November 3, 2008
9:50 AM

Post #5746500

There are a total of 199 votes:

I've touted my favorite mail order company(ies) in the Garden Watchdog
(29 votes, 14%)
Red dot

I've voted for my favorite plant(s) in PlantFiles by posting a comment
(14 votes, 7%)
Red dot

I've reviewed my favorite nursery/garden center(s) in Go Gardening
(15 votes, 7%)
Red dot

I've cast my ballot for my favorite botanical garden(s) or other local attraction(s) in Go Gardening
(2 votes, 1%)
Red dot

I've left a glowing review in the Garden Bookworm for my favorite gardening book(s)
(4 votes, 2%)
Red dot

All (or some) of the above
(94 votes, 47%)
Red dot

I haven't voiced my opinion in any of these features yet (why not?)
(41 votes, 20%)
Red dot

Previous Polls...No political commentary, please! But you can let the world know what you think about any and all things related to gardening with these DG exclusive features. Remember, sharing what YOU know will help others!

redchic01
southern willamette , OR
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2008
9:53 AM

Post #5746501

I actually didn't know about some of the rest of the votes going on. Made it easy to decide the answer on this one. I'll have to check out the others.
Dutchlady1
Naples, FL
(Zone 10a)

November 3, 2008
11:35 AM

Post #5746627

Ditto!!
I also wrote an article about my favorite nursery...
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 3, 2008
1:27 PM

Post #5746837

I havent left anything in any. I did just get a shovel that is just fantastic. Think Ill list it.
staceysmom
(GayLynn) Appleton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 3, 2008
3:01 PM

Post #5747143

All the above! All great features.
MiniPonyFarmer
Gilmer, TX
(Zone 8b)

November 3, 2008
4:10 PM

Post #5747397

I've commented on watchdog, plant comments, plant images, and added plants. I have not yet added any book reviews or commented on public gardens, but I will get that done soon!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 3, 2008
8:37 PM

Post #5748174

I actually don't know about any of these votes...
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 3, 2008
8:47 PM

Post #5748204

I selected "all".

I've uploaded pics to PF's, posted comments, added my zipcode report.

I've also added one book to the bookworm section.

So far I've not plunged ahead with the prospect of mail order plants so I can't yet review anything for GW.

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2008
9:11 PM

Post #5748280

Tallulah_B, you'll find links to about half of these features in the Products and Sources tab: http://davesgarden.com/products/ The Watchdog, Bookworm and Go Gardening are great for finding new mail order vendors, local places to visit,and books worth reading. Plus, by reviewing the vendors, businesses and books you're familiar with, you're helping future readers know who's a good bet, and who's not.

You'll find PlantFiles and BugFiles under the Guides and Information tab: http://davesgarden.com/guides/ - again, sharing what you know about plants or insects will help others.

Tir_Na_Nog, if you have some local garden centers or nurseies you purchase from, you can add a review for them in Go Gardening ;o)
SudieGoodman
Broaddus, TX
(Zone 8b)

November 4, 2008
1:42 AM

Post #5749312

Others in family use my pc...today is my turn. I'll do "catch up"; I have too many plants in pots. Must get then all into greenhouse before first average frost date of November 15 IN ZONE 8, LAKE SAM RAYBURN, DEEP EAST TEXAS.

I've been propagating many leggy potted plants; winterizing young trees and shrubs, roses, candle tree, hibiscus, Confederate rose tree, Grancy Grey Beard trees, and about 20 others. Phew!

I'll update my Dave Garden activities right away.

Blessings for success and pleasure as you grow beautiful plants.

trackinsand

trackinsand
mid central, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 4, 2008
1:51 AM

Post #5749365

i've done some or most of these.

This message was edited Nov 4, 2008 9:08 PM
klstuart
Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 4, 2008
1:44 PM

Post #5750591

I didn't know about a lot of these! I'll have to go back and add some others soon. For now, I've added my two favorite gardens in England, and comments on others in the US.
roybird
Santa Fe, NM

November 4, 2008
4:21 PM

Post #5751174

I put "some". I am more interested in images and plant and insect i.d. than in seed catalogs, for instance. There are lots of interesting areas here and I keep finding out more!
dahlianut
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 4, 2008
5:22 PM

Post #5751354

Sigh I put none (blushing in mortification) although I did put 2 notes in PlantFiles about federally prohibited plants. Mainly I haven't done anything because I'm just not techie and I'm afraid of blowing something up. One of my winter projects is to learn how to do PFs and put all my stuff in. I think once I learn how to do PFs the others will be easier to learn (I hope).

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2008
5:38 PM

Post #5751400

If you have any questions on how to contribute to these features...please ask! We are delighted to help folks learn the ropes.

Two forums specifically dedicated to PlantFiles and BugFiles are available. You can ask any question, and members will help you with the process..

Well the best I can do today is link to the general forums page: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/

Go to the section that is titled Dave's Garden Community You will see BugFiles How To and PlantFiles How To Those forums will take you to where you can find the answers to your questions

This message was edited Nov 4, 2008 3:34 PM

This message was edited Nov 4, 2008 3:34 PM
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

November 4, 2008
6:02 PM

Post #5751464

dahlianut, don't worry you won't blow anything up! LOL, uploading pictures to Plant Files is really easy ... if I can do it anyone can do it! I am Totally Technically Challenged! :-) If you have questions, d-mail me and I will try to help.

Lin
dahlianut
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 4, 2008
7:04 PM

Post #5751648

Thanks so much Melody and Lin! I feel better about it already. I will get over my 'freeze like a deer in the headlights' reaction to new techie challenges. I will.
roybird
Santa Fe, NM

November 4, 2008
7:07 PM

Post #5751657

I really appreciate that everything here is so accessible! I am like the least techie person in the universe (except for my M.I.L., who won't even do e.mail ). I can't believe I want to learn photoshop next year!

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2008
7:11 PM

Post #5751674

Are my links working? They don't seem to be going to the right location for me.
roybird
Santa Fe, NM

November 4, 2008
7:14 PM

Post #5751681

Nope. They take me back to the home page. That is something I don't know how to do is make a hyperlink! l.o.l.
dahlianut
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 4, 2008
7:23 PM

Post #5751710

Noper too. Links aren't working.
klstuart
Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 4, 2008
7:59 PM

Post #5751875

Roybird, Photoshop is a lifelong learning process. Just when you get almost where you know most of it, they come out with a new version! Love it though, I was self-taught almost 15 years ago...

I think to make a hyperlink you just copy and paste the whole address from the address window in the top of your browser, including the http, etc... looks like Melody's didn't catch the whole think in the link for some reason.
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

November 4, 2008
10:33 PM

Post #5752538

The original links worked for me when I clicked on the end of the link this morning ... can't remember what it was though.
gessiegail
Taft, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 8, 2008
8:28 PM

Post #5767238

I forget!!! I just upload photos on the av forum and forget to add to plant files. Will try to do better!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Voting Booth Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Type of lawn mower? dave 62 Nov 12, 2009 10:40 PM
Do you make compost? dave 52 Feb 22, 2010 8:05 PM
What's your one must-have gardening item? dave 195 Apr 6, 2012 2:46 PM
Botany Quiz: Monocarpic means dave 36 Sep 23, 2012 2:09 AM
How did you find out about DG? dave 149 Feb 9, 2011 12:48 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America