Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Snow Seeds: seeds and fabric stash

Communities > Forums > Article: Snow Seeds
bookmark
Forum: Article: Snow SeedsReplies: 3, Views: 57
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
aulani61
Emporia, KS

November 3, 2008
12:46 PM

Post #5746746

What a delightful article. It made me think about all the fabric scraps that I save in zip bags according to color. As a quilter, I appreciate receiving a gift of a fat quarter, but a bag of fabric scraps arranged acccording to color is even better. Fabric scraps, seeds, they're like that famous box of chocolates we have all heard about, "you never know what you're gonna get."
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2008
3:58 PM

Post #5747362

So true! And I have enough fabric stashes to make several king sized quilts too. I keep the door closed on the extra bedroom where I hide the tubs of fabric. Quilting in the winter, seeds in the summer, I think that is a pretty balanced life!
Thanks for writing,
I hope you are having a great day, nothing like a sunshiny 70 degree fall day. (Here are a few of my quilts for you...)
Sharon

Thumbnail by Sharran
Click the image for an enlarged view.

aulani61
Emporia, KS

November 24, 2008
12:37 PM

Post #5825377

Oh Sharon, how beautiful!!! You've been a very busy gal. Also, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has tubs of fabric, the ones I have yet to arrange. Isn't it amazing how just arranging according to color will inspire you to another quilt?

I like what you said about quilting and gardening being a balanced life. Very true. Happy Thanksgiving!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 24, 2008
7:19 PM

Post #5826746

Aulani...
Have a really great Thanksgiving.
Be happy and well, with a mix of sunshine , too.
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Snow Seeds Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Another article to make us smile! KyWoods 9 Nov 13, 2008 4:01 PM
lol Kathleen 1 Nov 2, 2008 6:11 PM
Kindered Souls..... Gitagal 7 Nov 3, 2008 3:46 PM
Seeds of friendship Hemophobic 2 Nov 2, 2008 11:47 PM
Great Article roserairie 2 Nov 2, 2008 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America