Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Cooking: Wheat Grinder

Communities > Forums > Cooking
bookmark
Forum: CookingReplies: 3, Views: 58
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 5, 2008
4:01 AM

Post #5753904

Any idea where to get a good price on one besides Ebay?
rtl850nomore
Glendale/Parks, AZ

November 6, 2008
4:20 PM

Post #5758932

I looked around for pricing on a wheat grinder and found that pricing didn't vary much on brands. There are several brands out there to choose from. I went with a Nutrimill because a friend of mine has one and it works great. It is quiet and doesn't spit the flour out when grinding like my old one did. I am very pleased with the Nutrimill. No association with the company, just a little ole bread maker who needs to grind wheat for flour.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

November 6, 2008
4:39 PM

Post #5759005

Thank you for the review!
Melissande
Chillicothe, OH

November 13, 2008
5:56 AM

Post #5785275

Another place to look is in beermaking supply places--if you can't find any near you in the phonebook, you can write down net addys and addresses from the back of magazines like BYO (Brew Your Own) and Zymurgy. The beermakers crack grains with them.

Also Lehman's carries a grain mill you can use to make your own breadflour from scratch. I think these mills both run around $40, but don't rely on that.

Melis

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cooking Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cooking Questions Answered MistyMeadows 385 Dec 3, 2009 5:25 AM
Classic Cooking Answers`& Advice TwinLakesChef 8 Mar 9, 2010 4:23 PM
Memorable kitchen mishaps McCool 81 Jul 25, 2007 4:28 AM
Kraft Food's "Food & Family" magazine... WUVIE 20 Apr 2, 2009 3:09 PM
Wanted: No Fail Sponge Recipe leelovespigs 45 Dec 2, 2009 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America