Photo by Melody

Article: Wheat - you can live without it!: Me too!

Communities > Forums > Article: Wheat - you can live without it!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Wheat - you can live without it!Replies: 3, Views: 12
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lortay
Navan
Ireland

November 5, 2008
4:59 PM

Post #5755390

Thanks for airing a subject dear to my heart (or more correctly: stomach). I was diagnosed as coeliac two years ago at 54 !! I envy you the range of alternative grains available. We do not have the same choice here in Ireland and I depend more on commercial gluten free breads, along with rice, vegetables and not forgetting the good old potato.
Yes, it can be a pain, especially eating out, but it can be done, as you have shown. Mind you, I still have a lot of stomach trouble from I.B.S. but that's another story!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Euless, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 5, 2008
6:46 PM

Post #5755776

lol, dear to your stomach! can you mail-order things from the states, or is that not worth the expense? good luck to you!!!
lortay
Navan
Ireland

January 22, 2009
2:44 PM

Post #6035817

We are getting better at the whole 'gluten free' industry as more people are diagnosed but finding ingredients for cooking is more difficult.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Euless, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 22, 2009
7:20 PM

Post #6037067

We made pancakes recently with 50% rice flour and 50% millet flour and baking powder and they tasted fine.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Wheat - you can live without it! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Very interesting! cathy4 9 Oct 31, 2008 2:27 AM
Article phicks 0 Oct 29, 2008 2:45 PM
excellent article! roybird 4 Nov 3, 2008 4:56 PM
celiac-sprue krfleet 1 Nov 4, 2008 9:27 AM
Complete recipe? Patriciajoy54 1 Nov 4, 2008 10:20 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America