ORVG COFFEE HOUSE # 131 - There go the Temps Again!!!

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

We are continued from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/917451/

Thumbnail by DustyDS
none of ur business, OK(Zone 5b)

MEMEMEMEMEMEME I M FIRST
Now what ?

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Congratulations Chele!!!!!!!!!!!
A Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pauletta

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks Pauletta!

No boys named Sue! Geesh. :)

We are looking at boys names that end with N of course. I like Jason, for my nephew and brother and Nolan because my maiden name was Noland. I also like Christian (from a dear sDG pal and her sweet boy). Many, many kids ago, Austin was our boy name but now we know too many of those. LOL

The kids have ruled out several names: Dustin, Mason, Ian, Tristan...I'm sure that list will grow.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

LOL... my cousin named his boy Christian... actually it was Christian Hunter, but his wife made him swap first and middle name positions to Hunter Christian.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I like the name Christian. I'm just afraid I'd call him Kristenne and Carlynne before I could get another C K C K out of my mouth. LOL

Pardon my butting in.....Congratulations to all of your family on the impending arrival...Might I suggest that you break the rules and name him Noland Christian??? My Middle name is my Maiden name which is Daniel...and I am certainly not male...

The meaning of the name Noland is: Descendent Of The Famous One

The origin of the name Noland is Irish

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks!

Yes, my Dad's Father's family was Irish and his Mother's family was French. My Father's middle name was my Grandma's maiden name-Fortney, which I always thought was pretty.

Nolan also translates to chariot fighter or champion. I just jokingly said we should call the new one Fortune. Hoping to change our luck? LOL

All of my kids names are significant to family names. Jazzi's middle name came from Mystic (Peggy's) daughter's middle name.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Congratulations Chele!!!!!!!!! I KNEW it was a boy!!! Just like Jo....these things come to me.....LOL!! I am so happy for you and your family.
Happy belated birthday Darius! Better you than me....lol..but my turn is coming!
Nothing going on here, except therapy...which is going well. I am doing well...except for sleeping at night. I mainly just cat nap as I can.
I drove today for the first time by myself. That felt good! My PT asked me if my dr said it was ok? I said...I didn't ask him!! I just did it.
Dave planted my rose that has been sitting all summer in a pot! So I think everything is in the ground now. I hope it lives.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Sue is the loft open to the living room? Better start wearing a helmet!!

Chele, when is your interview with KMart? Didn't you work there before? You will probably have that on your side. Sure hope it works out.

Dusty, what is going on in your world? Still packing? Any word on the house?

Paulette how is that baby doing?

Marcy, Hoorah, you got to drive. Wish you had checked with the Dr first, but if you had no problems, then guess it is okay. Have missed your daily check in.

Dispatcher, and Marcy, I don't have any feelings about impending events!! Well, only if it doesn't concern my DTS, and then that is another story.

Neal, and George, need to see you popping in more frequently. I am thinking that maybe a bon fire is in your futures, oh, I would love to do that.

Tomorrow I will get out and finish the fall clean up. I have had many days to get that done, but my energy level has been very low, due to being sick, so knowing that the weather is supposed to change, and I don't want to be out running around in the cold finishing the clean up, it is now or never.

Bonnie , He is doing great
Growing like a weed.
He is up to almost 8 lbs now.
I will put up a pic of him soon

I have been busy also.
Been munching leaves, raking leaves, mowing leaves
I think we have around 40 trees aroung our house
I love leaves yet I hate leaves
Just don't know how much longer we
will feel like doing all this yard work.

Pauletta

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Munching leaves, Pauletta? Tasty are they? ;) Roughage!

My Cricut still hasn't come in. Now they're in the middle of moving their store from the big unit to the new single unit next door. Aaargh.

On the plus side, Howie decided to upgrade our nerd phones to the new T-Mobile G1 phones. They're the ultimate nerd phones, with a Linux-based, open source operating system called Android. It was developed by Google, so the phone syncs up with all the Google services. Christmas shopping is done for us for the next two years now, I think.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Just a quick note and I gotta scoot...
No problems w/ the 6 Pack dressing him as a girl.
I can't ever remember seeing them dressed as girls..... LOL!

I think Bart Simpson would be a good name!
Ric

LOL GW, I should have said mulches leaves with a leaf blower/mulcher
Yes I expect they would be pretty rough!!!
Probably wouldn't taste very good either

Pauletta

RIC!!!! You are Awful!!!! Rotten lil Bros!!!! ;-P

Anyone have a cure for a puppy who loves your anklez??? Lily loves to lick mine....Every time I sit down, the brat comes and lays across my foot and licks the opposite foots ankle...That tickles dernitt!!!

Marcy !!! Finally!!! Glad to hear from you!! Don't ever think you have nothing to contribute...Just a wave from you makes all of our days!!
We Love you Lady!!!

Bons...Looks like we may have a place...Got a late call tonight from a homeowner we are working with...Negotiating the details now....Should know something by the end of tomorrow...If all goes well, we should be out of here by the first of Dec...That being the case, and barring my having to whiz over there this Saturday, the packing will resume in full force this weekend...I would love to be gone by 12/1 if at all possible...
I just want this to be over with so we can settle...A spring move to the farm will be a piece of cake, since I don't intend to unpack any more than needed to maintain over the winter...There is a spare room in that particular house that I can stuff the boxes, and a 2 car garage....so I wouldn't be lacking for space...

Lana.. Good Luck at the show this weekend!!! Your bunnies are lovely...

Off to my rack...Have a good night all...

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

LOL at Ric! You may have a point there!

I knew what you meant, Pauletta. That just tickled me. :D

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Dusty, wait a minute - did I miss something? Are you not moving into that house in Michigan now? What happened?

Good morning everyone
Well everyone is busy it looks .
I love the name Nolan !!! i pick that one . Sounds very fitting . :) IMHO
Dusty hoping the move goes well. Still have boxes for you , come and get them when you need too.
Ric !!!!! You sooooo bad.
Marcy HOOORAY FOR YOU so glad to see you posting
GW neat phones !! saw the commercial they look fun. Have you seen the new touch screen comp ? i think its an HP ? that looks totaly cool. I might switch over back to pc for that one ? maybe. I just love the Mac commercials LOL i crack up everytime. Dh thinks i m a weirdo ? go figure. Yeah for the nerds !!!! Nerds rock !!!
I have a mother deer who is visiting us everymorning and guess what ? she has twins !!!!! how cool is that ? I think its a sign ?
sheesh i took a fat burner and well..... i m jumping out of my skin "ack" i took a half does too . Won't be taking anymore of them things . Sheesh. oh mighty.
Paulette looking forward to seeing them cute babys pics ! glad things are going well for him .T&P for you and the family.
Ok got to go run on the ellipitcal machine thingy to get my skin back on body.
ttyl
sue

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Morning everyone. I haven't been avoiding you....I just didn't much feel like talking. When you don't get much sleep...you don't feel very good.
I did sleep pretty good last night...was only up 4 times. My PT says it will get better......WHEN????????
I guess today is supposed to be our last warm day for a while....so think I will go outside and walk....or something!
Sounds like you all have been really busy as usual.
Well...I have to figure out something for supper tonight. Do you all get tired of doing that???? I sure do! I know!! I have a frozen meatloaf in there...that's what we'll have!!! Well...solved that one....LOL!
Seems my life revolved around food...it's now lunch time! Better go help get it ready so Dave can go to work.!!
Waving~~~~~~~~~~~ to all!!!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Marcy, good to "see" ya! Figuring out what to fix for dinner gets so tiresome doesn't it. Sometimes I just stare into the freezer in a daze- nothing looks appealing.

Earlier this summer I posted some poppy pics, and seems like one or two of you wanted seeds. Joyce, weren't you one of 'em? I've been busy sorting and packing seeds, and putting names on those saved for someone, so speak up whoever wanted poppy seeds!

Neal, me, me, I got my hand up waving!!

Me, too, Neal. And, I've already forgotten what I promised to send you. I should write these danged things down!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Yes, Neal, you're right! I wanted poppy!!

Pauletta, great news on little Denzil. I bet Momma and Poppa are busting buttons as well as G-ma!

Of course, it's going to be cold and nasty this weekend, cause I'll have a chance to be outside. :O( Sure is pretty out today!

Hugs for all!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Got y'all (Bonnie, Darius, and Joyce) on the list for poppy seeds! I've got a little box of seeds to mail started- I'm rather enjoying the sorting and packing.

Oh, Darius, I had forgotten too, lol. I just remembered, it was leek seed!

This message was edited Nov 6, 2008 2:55 PM

Ahhh, yes. I'll make a note right now!

Hey gang ! :)
whew busy house day
Elliptical machine 2 miles
made pies 4 pumpkin and one coconut
Grocery store
laundry
pick up kids
dinner . Ok that one i cheated cuz its chilli in a crock pot i did this morning LOL :)
gave some pies to the neighbors
came home and decided not to fold laundry and sit and play on comp
whew not really exciting is it ? :P lollllll
ttyl
sue

Sue, my day hasn't been very exciting either. I did get some (actually a LOT) Beef Stroganoff started for dinner. I think I will freeze half before I add the sour cream. No one eating but me tonight. My sis and her kid both say they are sick... although I have some doubts. This makes the 4th time my sis has missed work, and she's only had this job ~3 months.

I had planned to make a huge pot of Vichyssoise, BUT... the leeks I put in the root cellar had mostly rotted. I could tell why after I got them all out of the bucket where they were standing... far too much moisture in the peat mix at the bottom. Good lesson for next year, bad for now as that was about $100 worth of leeks if store-bought. :(

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Sue, you go, girl!

Darius, bummer on the leeks! I wonder if the leeks themselves released some moisture?

Doubtful, Neal. The upper part was okay, just not enough of it to be worth a hoot.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Neal........MEEEEEEEEE....poppy seeds, please!!! What can I send you????
Meant to say earlier....Hi Pauletta!!!! Glad grandbaby is doing well!!!
Sue...you are a whirlwind!!!

Hi Marcy
Missed you...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ to everyone

Ok Here is a pic of Little Denzil
Taken on 10-01-08
Not recent, will get one more recent soon
Pauletta

This message was edited Nov 6, 2008 7:44 PM

Thumbnail by lilyhostaky

Ohhhh Pauletta!! He is beautiful....Welllll Handsome... LOL

Neal... If you have any Poppies left, I would love some...

Well it looks like we have a house to go to...I have to go over there Saturday to finalize everything...It is ours for as long as we want or need it, or buy it if we decided we want to stay rather than go to the farmhouse..
GW... The Farmhouse is occupied by a young couple with two very small babies.. The hubby was laid off several months ago, and they have no place to go, and very little money coming in...I refuse to be responsible for kicking them to the curb in the winter and right before the Holidays...
I told son to leave them be, and we will find a rental to do us until the weather breaks come spring...

This house was owned by a woman who passed away back in January... Her elderly Mother moved in to it, but she couldn't manage the upkeep...Her only child, a young daughter in her mid 20's inherited it, and it had to go through probate etc...The girl lives in an apartment in East Lansing, and will not move back to Kalamazoo area...I has been listed for several months and price reduced etc...They just put a new roof on it on Nov 1st...The girl, named Kyle, LOL just wants out from under the management of it, and agreed to lease it to us so she didn't have to have it winterized...The price is most assuredly right, for both sale and lease... It is less than half what we are paying here, and well worth every dime...
It needs some cosmetics, like paint etc. but you all know me by now...

Mind you, the pics you will see were taken in September and Oct before everything was moved out, and cleaned up...All appliances stay...
Needless to say, I will be packing and tossing like a mad fool this next 3 weeks...and giving my 2 week notice at work next Friday...After the day I had today, I almost gave it tonight... :-P Not one of the better days...

http://picasaweb.google.com/DustyDS/NewHomeInMI#

See what ya think...;-)

Dusty, looks good. Now you have a pool, but probably not many too warm days to put it to use.

Neil, did I have anything that you wanted in return for the poppy seeds?

Paulette, Little Denzil is a great looking baby. Handsome comes later.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Hey Dusty...it looks nice! I don't blame you...I wouldn't feel right putting those kids on the street either! Hopefully..he will find a job soon.
Soo many people out of work...or about to be...it's a very sad thing....and scary too.
How is Jim doing from his back surgery now?
Well..I am up later than usual for me. Guess it's cause I took a nap this afternoon. Seems all my sleeping habits are changing here!
But saying good night to all now. Sleep well.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Morning all!

Dusty, beautiful. You will call it home soon. How far away from your son?

I'd be glad to swap for those poppies too if you have an itch for anything of mine!
(I wouldn't say that to just anyone.... ;o)

Chele....this is what a boy baby looks like...... ^_^

Hey Marcy, glad you're back! Hi Darius, Sue, Bonnie, Kim, Pauletta and anyone else I missed! Oh yeah, hey to all you lurkers, too!!!!

Dusty do you remember the name of the Urbana Landfill i took Jim too ? i can't remember what road its on ? duh. You and Jim want a pumpkin pie ?
I m sad your leaving but happy for you that things took a different turn :) seems grandfather was looking in a different direction for you.
Let me know if there is anything i can help iwth for the family with the young ones. I could send stuff with you to give them ?
Darius bummer on the leeks :( i love leeks haven't made that soup in a long time. Oh i miss it.
well i m one pooped pup. Gonna get some things done today before it rains
so just a big ~~~~~~~ and big (((())))) to everyone
cute baby pics
ttyl
sue

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Marcy and Dusty, got ya on the list :-)

Marcy, I've got salmon pink doubled and frilled P.somniferum, and mixed Shirley poppes (P.rhoeas) as well as seed from the crimson doubles you sent me the seeds for. Do you still have the red ones? If not I can send you some of those too. On the packs I have ready I've labeled them "Marcy's Red Double" :-)

Otherwise, I'm sending some of all 3 to each of ya.

Bonnie, Marcy, and Cookie nothing in return is necessary, but if ya got something cool I might be interested, LOL. I've been gathering up heirloom and open pollinated veggie and herb seeds if you've got anything like that, and you know I'm a flower fiend so I've always got an eye out for anything I don't have.

LOL, Cookie!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

^_^ Glad you got that....

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey Goshsmom....if you're lurking....Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Goshsmom, hope it is a great one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.