The last bunch of the season!

Litchfield, ME

Just thought I'd share the last bunch of flowers I picked for the season. I hate to see it come to an end, but will keep this photo close by to remind me of what's in store for next season!

Thumbnail by zinniagirl
london England, United Kingdom

Beautiful!

Litchfield, ME

Thank you terriculture. If only we could keep them all year long! The first hard frost of the season is always the saddest day of the year for me.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

What a amazing variety of flowers you have for your last bunch of the season. I would be happy if that was the first bunch of my season. What are the fuzzy blue flower? Do they last long as cut flowers??

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

WOW! That is one lively looking variety you have there. If that is the end of the season you must have had a lovely garden all year.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

You must have a stunning garden to get all those at once *green with envy*

Litchfield, ME

The fuzzy blue flowers are ageratum. They do wonderfully in arrangements. Typically my arrangements last about 2 weeks. I start everything by purchased seed, although after reading about saving seeds I think I need to do that!

This picture has ageratum, bachelor buttons, orange scented marigolds and my favorite black pincushions.

Thumbnail by zinniagirl

A real treat to see your vases and flowers, Thank you!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

That is better than anything I had in my garden all season, what a way to wind down before the frost. That is stunning, the colors are really vivid. I'll have to try harder to get such a variety of color next season, that is fabulous.

Litchfield, ME

Here's another pic from a different angle - here you can see the celosia. I truly didn't do any arranging, just picked and plopped them in the buckets but thank you for the compliments. I haven't been successful in selling them and need to figure out why! I think it's because I live out in the boonies!

Thumbnail by zinniagirl
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

That is stunning, I'll buy them right now, just name the price. I haven't seen anything that pretty all season. Those colors are about as striking as you can get and it is just bursting outta that bucket.

So pleased to see the celosa, one of my favourites! I see the feathery type, is that the 'brains' one at the back?
Thanks again for sharing your beautiful display.
I take it the boonies means out in the country side?

Litchfield, ME

Thanks haighr...I appreciate that. It must be me and my poor lack of marketing!

Yes terriculture, those are the brains in the back! I wish I had taken a picture of the bouquet of brains I picked this summer. They were so big and vibrant! I had never grown celosa until this year and they are definitely on my list for next year. They were slow to get going but once they did it was well worth the wait.

Boonies do mean the country side! I maybe get 10 cars that drive by in a day. It's nice, but not for selling plants and flowers!

If anyone is interested in viewing my photo album, dmail me your email address and I'll send it to you. There's some beautiful pics!

Hi Zinniagirl, I am always amaised just how vibrant the colours of celosa are!
They will be on the top my list next year! I haven't grown any for a couple of years,
(been concentrating on vegetables). They are very hard to find at the florists here.
I'm sure I would be one of your best customers if I lived in the Boonies!!

Your Photo album is great! What a beautiful place to live and work.
Go Boonies! LoL

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Hey terri can you send me a link to the album, I never got it or I did something with it? Thanks.

NO can do, sorry . Lol!

Candee, did you get the link yet?

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Not yet, don't know if I keep missin it or if my program is doing an auto delete? Still trying. I asked if it could be dmailed and that may work better.

Happy New Year Zinniagirl in the Boonies!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.