Photo by Melody

Article: Lessons from a lavender farm: Growing, harvesting and using lavender blooms: Lavender lust

Communities > Forums > Article: Lessons from a lavender farm: Growing, harvesting and using lavender blooms
bookmark
Forum: Article: Lessons from a lavender farm: Growing, harvesting and using lavender bloomsReplies: 4, Views: 48
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

November 6, 2008
12:58 PM

Post #5758298

Jill:

Your article was thoroughly enjoyable! I love lavender and have Hidcote, Munsted and Provence growing in my gardens. I'm adding Grosso to my want list. I envy your trip to the farm.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 6, 2008
2:06 PM

Post #5758479

Thank you! You're going to like the 'Grosso' -- it gets huge! Tom DeBaggio says if he could grow only one lavender, it would be 'Grosso', which is also sometimes called 'Fat Spike'. That's the one in my driveway hedge, and I've got individual specimens of a few other varieties scattered around. :-)
dahlianut
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 6, 2008
3:37 PM

Post #5758786

Another fabby article! Thanks critter. Lavender Munsted is the best choice for my zone I've found.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 6, 2008
5:27 PM

Post #5759132

That makes sense... Munstead is an English lavender, and I think those are said to be quite hardy.

Thanks!
Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

November 6, 2008
6:50 PM

Post #5759338

Just had my bag lunch at the Memorial Garden here in Concord, NC, and they had some healthy lavender. Provence they had and it was properly marked and ID'd, but another specimen (totally different) was not marked or ID'd :-((( Brochure provided doesn't ID most of the flowers, only the trees and a few shrubs. I'll come back and take photos. Maybe someone can ID it for me. It was lovely, though. Don't think I've ever seen a lavender that wasn't.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Lessons from a lavender farm: Growing, harvesting and using lavender blooms Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Kudos LarryR 1 Nov 6, 2008 11:16 AM
Greart article! Abutilon 3 Nov 6, 2008 9:33 PM
Lavender phicks 5 Nov 10, 2008 10:35 PM
Growing tip DriftingDude 7 Nov 17, 2008 8:29 PM
Lavender Gardens ediesd 1 Nov 13, 2008 4:51 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America