Photo by Melody

Article: Lessons from a lavender farm: Growing, harvesting and using lavender blooms: Greart article!

Communities > Forums > Article: Lessons from a lavender farm: Growing, harvesting and using lavender blooms
bookmark
Forum: Article: Lessons from a lavender farm: Growing, harvesting and using lavender bloomsReplies: 3, Views: 36
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Abutilon
Coal Center, PA
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2008
7:21 PM

Post #5759414

I grow an number of different lavenders and one of my favourites.
I got introduced to lavender young due to my Grandma and her wonderful gardens.
It was her favourite fragrance and has been mine, also.
I enjoyed the article, info, and photos much.
Thanks!!!
Alice
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 6, 2008
8:02 PM

Post #5759520

My pleasure! Thanks for reading and taking the time to let me know you enjoyed it. My grandmother's main love was roses... and my mother-in-law recently put in lavender along the front border of her beautiful rose garden... it's a great combination!
Pamgarden
Central, VA
(Zone 7b)

November 6, 2008
9:05 PM

Post #5759996

Jill,

As always, you breathe life into an informative article. I had the pleasure of visiting the farm when they were just planting the circular garden. They didn't have nearly the number of plants back then, but it was still a lovely sight. Hope to get there again one day.

Pam
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 6, 2008
9:33 PM

Post #5760084

Thanks, Pam! How neat to know somebody else had a chance to see the farm in person. I'll try to find a photo of their maze (I think that might be the circular garden you mentioned)... might be on the other computer...

:-)

Thumbnail by critterologist
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Lessons from a lavender farm: Growing, harvesting and using lavender blooms Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Kudos LarryR 1 Nov 6, 2008 11:16 AM
Lavender lust Hemophobic 4 Nov 6, 2008 6:50 PM
Lavender phicks 5 Nov 10, 2008 10:35 PM
Growing tip DriftingDude 7 Nov 17, 2008 8:29 PM
Lavender Gardens ediesd 1 Nov 13, 2008 4:51 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America