Painting on Candles

(Cissy) San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

I just started this and have decided to paint a few of these with matching holder. I am giving them for Christmas. :)

Thumbnail by Sis_E
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I really love these! What a great idea!! Beautiful crafsmanship!

Boo

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

That is a great idea! Most everyone likes candles.

(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

Hi there girl...I still think you have lots of talent..
Their Beautiful...
I'll stop in occasionally to say Hi... : )
Off to bed now..Later

Thank you, Boo and Tuna! I have a lot of fun doing them. Goodnight, Phyllis! LOL

(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

Hello tonight..Busy Busy Busy...Do you make the candles yourself too..
I know you said your making soap..
My brother and his wife got into the candle making thing and had a ball..
They gave me some for X-mas one year...still have 2 in the wrapping paper on my shelf cause they were wrapped so pretty...LOL

Phyllis, no to making the candles. I am lucky to be painting on them! LOL. I make the soap, but that is pretty easy and fast. I have no desire to make the candles, but I love painiing on them. It's better to use unscented but you can use scented. Either way, you need to rub them down with rubbing alcohol before paint will adhere to them. Also, the alcohol get rid of the oily scents as well.

The paint I use is Enamel acrylic paint. Folkart, Liquitex make an enamel acrylic paint for glass and ceramic. Works perfect for candle surface. :D Regular oil and acrylic will not work. I know you didn't ask for all that LOL.

Lancaster, OH(Zone 6a)

Very Pretty.. What are you using for the bases may I ask?

Lady, thank you :) The bases are upside down white ceramic bowls I picked up at Target :D

Santa Fe, NM

I was going to ask what kind of paint but you already told me. Nice!

Thank you, roybird. I found it much easier than I thought it would be. They are "burnable" too :)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Those are very nice! Great job! You are a very talented artist!!!! I'm sure they were well received!!!!!!!! Great idea!!!

Jeanne

Thank you Texas! Yes, they were liked very much I am proud to say. What I suggested to them is if they don't want to destroy the painting by burning the candle, is to burn the top down some and then set a tea candle inside and burn that instead. Just replace the tea candle when it's gone. That should preserve the painted candle :)

Happy New Year!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Another great idea! I would definately want to preserve such a beautiful painting!
Very Nice!!!!!!

Happy New Year everyone!

Jeanne

Same to you, Jeanne! And to everyone, Happy New Year!!

Crossville, TN

Very beautiful!! And I love the idea of the tea lights. Jo

Thank you, Roadrunner :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.