FINALLY Lilacs for Zone 9

Goodyear, AZ(Zone 9a)

http://www.waysidegardens.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&mainPage=LGprodview&ItemId=47600&PrevMainPage=advsearchresults&scChannel=homeShrubs&SearchText=p13.Syringa&OfferCode=VH3

I'm going to buy one for myself as an early Christmas present from my DH!

Just read the disclaimer and it says they won't ship tp AZ! Heck I'll have my friend in CA order it for me then ship it here!

This message was edited Nov 9, 2008 3:30 PM

Phoenix, AZ

Good luck! Sure is pretty!

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Don't forget you also have a friend in Colorado... you can always ship here...

Goodyear, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks I may take you up on that!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

The first year I had one it bloomed. The second year it bloomed less. By the third year it didn't bloom at all. I think you still have to have just the right microclimate for them.

Goodyear, AZ(Zone 9a)

I am not going to plant it in full sun but I was thinking about planting it under one of palo verde trees near the drip line so that it gets filtered sun.

El Mirage, AZ(Zone 9b)

Microclimate? Let's get Fishie to try it! ;-)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I didn't have any luck with that one... I haven't killed my persian lilac yet (I think it's a persian)... keeping my fingers crossed for you :)
Brittany

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

I've tried this one too. It bloomed for me the first year, but went down hill from there. :( Lilac's are one of my favorite flowers. I was so depressed.

Alan

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

I have never had any luck w/plants from Wayside. The first year they seem to be ok and then it's downhill from there. Good luck!

Ann

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

I didn't get my blue skies from Wayside. I got it from Summerwinds or it may have been Tip Top. Blue Skies has been around for several years at least. I have several roses in my garden from Wayside, they have all done very well.

Alan

This message was edited Nov 11, 2008 6:42 AM

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I got my lilac locally. It was a nice 5 gallon plant. It just didn't like the hot dry air here. My Persian is thriving.

Goodyear, AZ(Zone 9a)

I'm going to try it but I won't buy it from Wayside (I know their record).

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.