Photo by Melody
We want to hear from you! Please take this short, anonymous survey to help us improve the DG home page.

Crafts & Hobbies: Men who Scrap - show yourselves!

Communities > Forums > Crafts & Hobbies
Forum: Crafts & HobbiesReplies: 19, Views: 159
Add to Bookmarks
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 10, 2008
7:54 AM

Post #5773007

Yes, they exist! We know Tim Holtz is a scrappin' rockstar with his own awesome line of products!

And we know DG's very own dp72 here is a guy and a talented cardmaker. I know there have to be more. Come on out of the woodwork, you paper crafting men!

There are three men who post regularly on the Fiskateers boards at All three have their own blogs:

Calv wrote this on the Fiskateers board in a thread called "Guys scrappin' in a girl's world": The Maddy he speaks of is his girlfriend:

Yes i am indeed a male crafter, thoroughly enjoying my trip through a crafty world that appears at first to be primarily a "girl thing". However i am quickly finding that there are more male crafters than i first thought.

I've dabbled in most crafts at one time or another, and at times also struggle with the whole girly approach to the crafty tools lol. Actualy i'm not that fussed, i just like to have a moan once in a while and assert my manlyness amongst the world of pink!!!

As Maddy says, i've started a list of fellow male crafters on my blog, and have a lot more to add.

I'm also the only guy at the craft club that Maddy runs, but i really enjoy it lol. It's not even scary! Well not always lol.

As for "male orientated craft tools and embellishments, there are a lot out there if you look around, but also if theres something you cannot find, maybe thats an area you could look at changing? Suggest something to a manfacturer.

I sometimes feel there is very little in the way of crafty goodies than can entice young boys and teen boys into the world of crafting. I mean i know it's not exactly a cool thing to be doing at that age, but there are tons of "boy" orientated subjects that could do with being involved more in crafts.

I think the bottom line is that guys need to be secure in themselves not to worry about what anyone else thinks, and as long as you are happy...then just do it!

I was a military policeman in the British Army for 9 this is bit of a change for me lol.

This thread has 19 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Crafts & Hobbies Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the new forum! Trish 17 Oct 5, 2009 12:23 AM
What a find!!! justmeLisa 37 Feb 24, 2009 8:26 AM
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
My Dream Catchers....for Zanymuse, et al roadrunner 32 Aug 26, 2008 2:29 AM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America