Photo by Melody

Article: Hardy Mammillaria for pots and the landscape: I love them

Communities > Forums > Article: Hardy Mammillaria for pots and the landscape
bookmark
Forum: Article: Hardy Mammillaria for pots and the landscapeReplies: 2, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

November 10, 2008
11:52 AM

Post #5773147

But your hardy and my hardy are unfortunately quite different :-( Would any of them like zone 6? I am dreaming of a small garden of hardy cacti. So I am collecting names of varieties that might be hardy in our winters. If not, these seem like an ideal houseplant because of their mostly diminutive stature. If so, I could satisfy my craving almost immediately. Thoughts on this?

Great article and wonderful pics, Geoff. Thanks, jan.
herbs501
Hallettsville, TX
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2008
2:04 PM

Post #5773461

Great info! Thanks so much.

I live in TX where it's hot in the summer, can be very rainy in the spring and winter. So far I've kept all my mamms in the greenhouse so I can control the water. I'd love to put them outdoors, though. Now, if I can just ID which ones I have, I plan to do that. Bob's pics help a lot.

Cindy in TX
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 10, 2008
11:18 PM

Post #5775536

Neat stuff, and yes, I know about the error part. Mine are under the porch roof, so they don't get rained on (like it ever rains), but I have lost a few over the years from incorrect watering.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Hardy Mammillaria for pots and the landscape Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thanks. Lily_love 0 Nov 10, 2008 2:27 PM
your love for mammilarias is contagious vossner 6 Nov 11, 2008 3:13 AM
Fascinating LouC 0 Nov 10, 2008 4:25 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America