Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: Hardy Mammillaria for pots and the landscape: I love them

Communities > Forums > Article: Hardy Mammillaria for pots and the landscape
bookmark
Forum: Article: Hardy Mammillaria for pots and the landscapeReplies: 2, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

November 10, 2008
11:52 AM

Post #5773147

But your hardy and my hardy are unfortunately quite different :-( Would any of them like zone 6? I am dreaming of a small garden of hardy cacti. So I am collecting names of varieties that might be hardy in our winters. If not, these seem like an ideal houseplant because of their mostly diminutive stature. If so, I could satisfy my craving almost immediately. Thoughts on this?

Great article and wonderful pics, Geoff. Thanks, jan.
herbs501
Hallettsville, TX
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2008
2:04 PM

Post #5773461

Great info! Thanks so much.

I live in TX where it's hot in the summer, can be very rainy in the spring and winter. So far I've kept all my mamms in the greenhouse so I can control the water. I'd love to put them outdoors, though. Now, if I can just ID which ones I have, I plan to do that. Bob's pics help a lot.

Cindy in TX
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 10, 2008
11:18 PM

Post #5775536

Neat stuff, and yes, I know about the error part. Mine are under the porch roof, so they don't get rained on (like it ever rains), but I have lost a few over the years from incorrect watering.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Hardy Mammillaria for pots and the landscape Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thanks. Lily_love 0 Nov 10, 2008 2:27 PM
your love for mammilarias is contagious vossner 6 Nov 11, 2008 3:13 AM
Fascinating LouC 0 Nov 10, 2008 4:25 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America