November Daily Weather - Season Changes Part II

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/919526/

Drop by often and let us know what's happening in your area. It's cool in my neck of the woods. I'm enjoying it :)

49.1 F / 9 C
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 49 F / 10 C
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 40 F / 5 C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 20000 ft / 6096 m

Kiska's picture

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning! I was at our church's women's retreat this weekend. We had a great time! I came back refreshed and re-energized (well, after a long nap and going to bed early last night... I didn't sleep very well on that bunk bed!) And it's amazing how much cuter the bunnies are after I've been away for a couple of days!! LOL

It's been raining off and on this morning, and the garden is very grateful. There's a 60% chance of rain the afternoon, and a 70% tomorrow.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 8:53am CST (4 min ago)
Temperature 68 F 20 C
Dew Point 62 F 17 C
Humidity 83%
Pressure 30.00 in 1016 mb
Wind Speed 6 MPH 5 kts
Wind Dir SE 140
Ceiling 4300 ft 1311 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Light Rain
Remarks Pressure rising rapidly.
0.10" of precipitation last hour.
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 66.9F / 19.4C
3 hour precipitation ending 8:53am CST : 0.25"

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
(Zone 7a)

Both those pics look very peaceful. Glad you had a good time, Marylyn.

Sharon, I'm glad Gary is doing so well. He has one more treatment?

Rann, we're all behind you. I hope things turn around for your country soon.

What are everyone's plans for the Holidays?

43F with 50 for later today. It's raining now and should continue for most of the day.
Feels like: 43F

Barometer: 29.8 in ↓
Dewpoint: 39
Humidity: 87%
Visibility: 9 miles
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 7:09 AM
Sunset: 5:13 PM
UV Index: 1 Low

Monty.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

I've never seen a hibiscus like that before. Walmart? $3?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Sharon, I want your Wal*Mart if they are gonna carry cool plants like that. LOL

It's still cold here though not as bad as yesterday. Cloudy and 43.5*. Windy too.

Marylyn that's a pretty park! Sounds like you had a really good time at the retreat.
Celia and Pepper - Yeah I was very surprised when I saw the hibiscus. I have to go back to Walmart tonight if you want me to pick one up for you (if there any more). There were about 5 of them left over yesterday. They were $3.86.

Yes please!!!!! LOL. I would love to have one of those Hibs. If you get one for us, thanks. :~)

(Zone 7a)

Yes, please!

I've been so busy this afternoon and just got on-line and missed your responses. I'll swing by at lunch tomorrow to see if they still have some. i'm sure they do. Ohhh, I wish I had checked earlier.

56.8 F / 13.8 C
Clear
Humidity: 52%
Dew Point: 39 F / 4 C
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa (Steady)

Tonight
Mostly clear. Low 49. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Shoot! I lost this thread again!!! It only took me a week to figure it out. :)
It's going to take forever to catch up, now.

Well... we've been having "seasonable" weather the past week or so. Days in the low 70s, nights around 50.
A touch of frost expected tonight, though, with a dip down to the upper 30s, they say.

I hope all have been well while I've been clueless! LOL.
Deb

(Zone 3b)

7pm; 26*
Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of rain and snow.
Lows in the lower to mid 20s. East wind 10 to 20 mph.
Gusts to 30 mph in the evening
Thanks for the new thread,MySharona. Thanks, too, for using the Chugach Sunrise pic; so nice to be able to share. Your wmart prize is beautiful.
Se_eds~so glad you're doing better and that your appetite is good again. Sounds like a wonderful crockpot meal.
rann~ I know your stomach must be in turmoil with stress. So sorry for all that's going on; please keep in mind there are so many here on DG keeping you in our thoughts/prayers.
Deb~keep warm:)
Marylyn~glad you had a nice weekend; always good to be home, though, isn't it>
4:30 pm a few days ago.

Thumbnail by kiska

Celia Monty killed the feather duster LOL!
Deb nice to see you! Glad all is well : )
Kiksa Your sky is always so beautiful this time of year with all the pinks and purples.
Rann You are still in our thoughts and prayers here too.

I made some taco soup yesterday. Its sooo good. No one talked during dinner LOL!

59.4 F / 15 C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 69%
Dew Point: 48 F / 9 C
Pressure: 30.15 in / 1020.9 hPa (Steady)
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 20000 ft / 6096 m

Today
Partly cloudy and breezy near the coast. High 70. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph.

Let's play!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

It's a beautiful sunny, fairly calm and rather cold (32F) day here today.

Thanks everyone for your support here .... I wish I wasn't so upset about all this.... I just have this sinking feeling that my government is totally blowing things so any chance of salvaging what's left is going out the window. I hate seeing my country crumbling to pieces. Maybe I'll just stay away and be quiet until I get over it ..... I hate being such a drag .....

Wonderful photos, I've enjoyed all your posts :-)

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Rann

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! Nope! I wasn't lost, just busy. :D Brrrrr...It's a lovely, but Dyson Dark, 24! I have been doing some more job hunting. I have applied for a Lab job at Va Tech in the Wild Life/Fisheries dept. for research on invertebrates (mussels). It pays more than the WV DNR job that I have applied for, which I won't here from for at least 2 more weeks. Not to mention that it's closer to home. :) Poor DH found out night before last that he will be getting a permanent furlough (he had already suspected) in 2 weeks. He has been job hunting as well. JW, is the only thing that's keeping us sane at the moment.
At Dublin...
Clear: 28F
Feels like: 28F
Barometer: 30.3 in
Dewpoint: 23
Humidity: 80%
Visibility: NA
Sunrise: 6:59 AM
Sunset: 5:15 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

I am hopelessly behind. :( But I did read a few of the posts.
LOL! Sharon!!! Prissy looks like she is getting ready to torment someone! :-O That's the look JW gets when poor Jack is in the picture! :D JW feeds Jack doggy treats & Jack is very gentle, but sometimes JW chases Jack around the house w/ one of his 'cooking utensils'. LOL!! Jack looks at me as if to say...'Save me!'! LOL It's just pittiful! :D
Celia! LOL!! Monty has the look...like..."Now where did that come from!?"
Kiska, Your aspen-glow is so Majestic! Is that the sun peaking thru the trees? Pretty! :D When will you & Frank be going to Hawaii? You'll need to get the shorts back out! ;D
Marylyn, The lake looks so serene! Glad that your time away was good! :D I know that you missed those little bunnies. I know the saying is true..."Absence makes the heart grow fonder". :) LOL! But it also gives you some much needed relaxation! :D
Deb, I see that you have been MIA as well. LOL! I'm always Clueless!!!! :D
Marsue, If the Amaryllis made it last night, it should make it the rest of the winter! ;) Your Roses! Are Gorgeous! :D
Se_eds, Sorry you have been sick! But I'm so glad that you are recovering well! I'm thankful that your wonderful DH kept you straight! :D I hope that he has a wonderful! Veterans Day! Thank him for me! :D
Rann, I think about you all the time & do hope that times get better for you soon. I thought of you yesterday when I went to get groceries. Food tax here (I shop in VA) is 2.5%. All non-food items (in Va) are around 5%. In WV things are at 6.5%. I need to go back & read the link that you posted. Hang in there honey, we love ya!
Kelli, Love the Floss-Silk blooms! I can't imagine having a tree blooming this time of year! :) And the pitcher plant! Wow!
Sally, Love your "bloopy' sunrise! :D
Ric, Hope that it's warmed up so you can work some more on your new addition! It's looking Great! :D

Well need to get a move on...

Have a Great Veterans Day! And "thank you" to all of the Vet's out there! :D

Joey
(not a good pic, but it's in full bloom now!)

Thumbnail by music2keep

Rann- Absolutely not! Don't stay away. You aren't making us miserable. We're here to support you during the good and bad times. I second Joey - We love you!

(Zone 7a)

Rann, if you stay away, who will give us such beautiful pictures of your country? Who will give us a tour? You feel like one of the family and families sticks together!

37F with 52 for later today. It is sunny out now but more rain is coming this afternoon. I get to go spend the day with my MIL. She is getting a new furnace, central air and a water heater. She was supposed to get it yesterday but there was a scheduling mistake.
Feels like: 37F

Barometer: 30.1 in ↑
Dewpoint: 35
Humidity: 92%
Visibility: 10 miles
Sunrise: 7:10 AM
Sunset: 5:12 PM
UV Index: 2 Low

(Zone 3b)

30~ sunrise in 2 hours at 9am.
Cloudy with a few flurries.
Highs in the lower to mid 30s.
Northeast wind 10 to 20 mph with local gusts to 30 mph.
rann~ please don't stay away~re-read and gain strength from the posts from those here.
Joey~nice to see you again; good luck to you both on the job front. Thank goodness for the little ones to give us joy.
We are going to Hawaii next week; can't wait:))

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 7a)

Kiska, do you have a trunk big enough for me to stowaway in?☺

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kiska: Love seeing the daily moose! Have a blast in Hawaii! Soak up some sun. :)
Joey: Sorry about the job situation. We have to take mandatory 2 week furloughs, but at least they are spreading the salary deductions over several paychecks. Good luck with your employment search!

Sharon: Prissy does have that look of pure mischief!
Rann: Thinking of you. Don't stay away!

Well, we didn't' get the frost. Only got down to 40, which is just fine with me! Sunny and blu now and 53. Supposed to get up to near 70 later on.
Deb

(Fallen Bradford Pear leaf)

Thumbnail by DebinSC

Cold and drippy.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 12:51 PM PST on November 11, 2008
72 F / 22 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 25%
Dew Point: 34 F / 1 C
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.08 in / 1018 hPa (Falling)
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Few 23000 ft / 7010 m
(Above Ground Level

I wanted to get a picture of the Nuttall's woodpecker but it flew away so you get a lesser goldfinch instead.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kelli: Not a bad swap, I'd say. :)
Pepper: Sorry you've got cold and drippy. :(
Deb

I like the woodpecker because I hardly ever see them and we see the goldfinches every day, but since you don't have either in SC, I guess it doesn't matter much.

They're little guys - smaller than American goldfinches.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kelli: Exactly right from my end. Never seen a Lesser G'finch, and the Americans haven't shown up yet. So I love both shots. Definitely looking forward to seeing that WP when you get him, though. :)

Joey Boo doesnt swat at Prissy, but she will hiss and grumble. Its really funny to watch. Prissy will suddenly stop and look around like la la la la Im not doing anything then starts running circles around Boo again! I bet its cute to watch JW chase Jack. I got tickled reading about it! Good Luck to you and your DH on the job searches.
Celia How did the install go today? Hopefully they showed up.
Kiska The moose are on the move! Do you have another bag that you could stow me in too? LOL!
Deb That is a beautiful leaf!
Kelli - The goldfinch will do just fine. So pretty and so many! I love it!

65.1 F / 18.4 C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 70%
Dew Point: 55 F / 13 C
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph / 8 km/h
Pressure: 30.15 in / 1020.9 hPa (Steady)
Clouds: Few 3200 ft / 975 m
Scattered Clouds 4500 ft / 1371 m
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft / 5 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. Not as cool. Low 56. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

The air seems to be a little cooler than predicted. Here is a picture of Prissy acting like she isn't playing with Boo. You can almost here her whistling LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 7a)

Such a classic show pose! LOL How cute is that? Boo is not fooled.

Well, the installs went very well today. I got there at 10am and they showed up shortly after. They pulled the swamp cooler off the roof and put an attic fan in. Removed and replaced the water heater and furnace. They put in a new central air cooler. Rheems all around! The really neat part was that, since she purchased the furnace and cooler, she got the water heater free! Those things are $1200!!!

The weather held for them which was also nice. Going to rain again tonight.

Kelli, your birdies are cute. All ours are gone. The flickers have moved in and so have the raptors.

Celia & Pepper - I have something for you! D-Mail me LOL!

We're going to have some Indian Summer for the next couple of days then another cooling trend moves through.

61.8 F / 16.6 C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 62 F / 17 C
Wind Gust: 3.0 mph / 4.8 km/h
Pressure: 30.04 in / 1017.2 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 7.0 miles / 11.3 kilometers
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 4000 ft / 1219 m

Today
Partly cloudy in the morning...then mostly cloudy with scattered showers in the afternoon. High 72. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

I'm so cute :)

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 7a)

ROTF What a character!

Sharon is awesome!!!

Mau, how is Pau today?

43F with 52 for later today. And rain, rain, rain!
Feels like: 37F

Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 36
Humidity: 75%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 10 mph ESE
Sunrise: 7:11 AM
Sunset: 5:11 PM
UV Index: 1 Low

Of course, I'm comfortable. Why do you ask?

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

The kitty (and Prissy) photos are wonderful! and, Kelli, the goldfinches are beautiful!

It's soggy here, and likely to get soggier. We've had over 2 inches of rain in the past 24 hours, and it's going to rain some more today. All of the places in town that usually flood are going to flood again between now and Friday. Ugh. Fortunately none of those places are very near our house.

Our good news of the week is about my dh's workplace moving. They've known they needed to move for a while, but have had a hard time finding the right sized warehouse with a big enough office area that was available to buy (rather than lease). They were looking in the same general area of town where they are now (just north of downtown Houston) because it's accessible to everyone and they have employees coming from quite a ways away from different directions, but lately they started branching out to other areas of town. This week they put an offer on a building that is less than 2 miles from our house! Yayy! Charles could walk or ride his bike to work... And come home for lunch. :-) That's basically a pay raise. The owners of the company are in negotiations with the owners of the building right now... We're praying it all goes through.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 7:53am CST (10 min ago)
Temperature 64 F 18 C
Dew Point 62 F 17 C
Humidity 93%
Pressure 29.93 in 1013.4 mb
Wind Speed 6 MPH 5 kts
Wind Dir N 360
Ceiling 400 ft 122 m
Visibility 5 mi 8.0 km
Current Conditions Mist
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 63.0F / 17.2C
Today Mostly cloudy. Showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall in the morning. Highs around 80. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent in the morning decreasing to 50 percent in the afternoon.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN HOUSTON/GALVESTON HAS ISSUED A

* FLOOD WARNING FOR
THE WEST FORK SAN JACINTO NEAR PORTER.
* THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON...OR UNTIL THE WARNING IS CANCELED.
* AT 100 AM WEDNESDAY THE STAGE WAS 20.2 FEET.
* MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST.
* FLOOD STAGE IS 24.0 FEET.
* FORECAST...THE RIVER WILL SLOWLY RISE ABOVE BANKS BY MID MORNING AND WILL RISE ABOVE FLOOD STAGE MID AFTERNOON. THE RIVER WILL CREST 24.0 TO 24.5 FEET THIS EVENING. THE RIVER WILL FALL BELOW FLOOD STAGE BY EARLY FRIDAY.
* AT 24.0 FEET...MINOR LOWLAND FLOODING BEGINS.

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX

The pets are always amusing. :-)

Marylyn, that's great that your husband's workplace is moving (Lord willing!) Having to drive a long way to work is a major pain. The reason why we live right where we do is because it is close to where we both were working at the time.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 11:51 AM PST on November 12, 2008
85 F / 29 C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 22%
Dew Point: 42 F / 6 C
Wind: 10 mph / 17 km/h / 4.6 m/s from the NNE
Wind Gust: 20 mph / 32 km/h / 8.7 m/s
Pressure: 30.04 in / 1017 hPa (Falling)
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 20000 ft / 6096 m
(Above Ground Level)

black phoebe (fee-bee)

Thumbnail by Kelli
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I just saw this.. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/923025/ Pray for Marilyn (Marsue) and her family.

This message was edited Nov 12, 2008 5:36 PM

Celia Isis looks a little squished in there!
Marylyn Your rain is heading this way so were putting off the yard sale until next weekend. No complaints we need it. Thats awesome about the location move. I work 5 miles from home. What kind of sunflower is that? Its very pretty : )
Kelli Fee-Bee I had to laughdid you watch Friends? If so do you remember the episode where Rachel introduced Phoebe to her sister? When Phoebe repeated her name Rachels sister asked why Phoebe kept making that sound fee-bee?! It was hysterical!

67.5 F / 19.7 C
Overcast
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 63 F / 17 C
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 5.0 miles / 8.0 kilometers
Clouds: Few 700 ft / 213 m
Mostly Cloudy 1700 ft / 518 m
Overcast 4600 ft / 1402 m
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft / 5 m

Now
Through 745 PM...scattered showers in the coastal waters will continue east of Jacksonville Beach...10 miles east of Saint Augustine and 20 to 40 miles east of Vilano Beach. The showers are moving northwest at 15 miles an hour.

Tonight
Mostly cloudy with chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows 67. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Callie

Thumbnail by MySharona

"did you watch Friends"

No, I didn't have a t.v. during that era.

Marylyn - My heart is breaking :(

(Zone 7a)

Mine, too. Too many tears this year.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

So sorry to read the news about Marsue. I will keep her in my thoughts.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Marilyn you are certainly in our Hearts here.

Ric and Robyn

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh, marsue, I felt that when you gave us that quick post that things were bad for your hubby. Please allow us to support you in this dire time. May God enfold you gently in his arms.

We're here for you Mau when you need us. :~)

Today was mostly cloudy but not bad temp wise. It was in the mid 50s and felt decent out.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.