Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Hardy Mammillaria for pots and the landscape: your love for mammilarias is contagious

Communities > Forums > Article: Hardy Mammillaria for pots and the landscape
bookmark
Forum: Article: Hardy Mammillaria for pots and the landscapeReplies: 6, Views: 58
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2008
3:34 PM

Post #5773788

I love them and find them sooo low maint. But they are subject to abuse sometimes, I see them at WM with fake flowers glue-gunned to them.

I purchased one of those graft jobs with what I think was a cristate on top. The plant has grown out of being cristate and has long tendrils (?). I will post a pic later.

thank you for a beautiful article.
vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2008
5:35 PM

Post #5774222

here is one view of the plant. You can barely appreciate the "brainy" look to it. In a year's time, it envolved into long branches. believe me, it had the brainy look, which is why I had to have it.

Thumbnail by vossner
Click the image for an enlarged view.

vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2008
5:36 PM

Post #5774229

over one year, it has become this.

Thumbnail by vossner

vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2008
5:39 PM

Post #5774239

I think this pot was meant for orchids and I really liked it. I recently stuck the silvery looking plants in the holes, not really sure if they would survive, and to my delight, they did. They will eventually grow a long stem, but I will cut it and a new rosette will appear shortly.

Thumbnail by vossner

grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

November 11, 2008
12:44 AM

Post #5775826

Too cool. Do you keep this one indoors or out?
vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 11, 2008
12:47 AM

Post #5775838

outdoors. I'm pretty bad with indoor plants.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

November 11, 2008
3:13 AM

Post #5776404

that looks more like Cleistocactus winteri than a Mammillaria

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Hardy Mammillaria for pots and the landscape Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I love them grampapa 2 Nov 10, 2008 11:18 PM
Thanks. Lily_love 0 Nov 10, 2008 2:27 PM
Fascinating LouC 0 Nov 10, 2008 4:25 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America