-
AuthorContent
Willow
Norwalk, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 12, 2008
12:59 AM

Post #5780138

Willow Brook Touch Of Midnight is a near black that looks like black velvet most of the day. It has a deep red undertone which makes taking a good photo of it nearly impossible. I captured this picture late in the day showing a deep near black, almost waxy look. The camera picks up the red but I think you can see the black in this image.

Thumbnail by Willow
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2008
2:08 AM

Post #5780523

Oh how beautiful...give me a minute, I might have one very similar, but not sure of its name. I have a photo around here somewhere, be right back.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2008
2:38 AM

Post #5780669

Willow, here are my darkest ones, along with one very dark iris. I have had them a long time, and are noids, so not sure of any of the names. This will take several posts, because you might be able to identify some of them.

this is not the same as yours, this on has more of a mint green center, don't you think?

Thumbnail by Sharran

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2008
2:39 AM

Post #5780670

And this is a rotten photo, but looks similar to yours

Thumbnail by Sharran

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2008
2:39 AM

Post #5780677

and the iris

Thumbnail by Sharran

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2008
2:40 AM

Post #5780680

Let me know if you can identify either of them, and thanks so much for writing. By next summer, I should have my garden all together.
Melissande
Chillicothe, OH

November 22, 2008
11:03 AM

Post #5818562

Sharran, I made the same mistake you did, paying little attention to the names of my dark red hemerocallis and now I regret it.

If it helps, I believe "VooDoo" was the name of one of them. Could be one of yours too.

Melis
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 22, 2008
3:55 PM

Post #5819248

Voodoo sounds familiar. Actually, my uncle was president of the Daylily Society for some time in Louisville, and he gave me lots of his daylily seedlings. The two above are from him, and if I ever had their names, they are long forgotten. I do need to make lists just like you do.
I love them all anyway.
Again, thanks.
Melissande
Chillicothe, OH

February 11, 2009
1:59 AM

Post #6122062

...and then there was the unforgettably named 'Bela Lugosi'.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2009
2:08 AM

Post #6122102

Hi Meli...Yes, I have been looking at it. And isn't it pretty?

How is your weather? We just dug out from an ice storm, first one of this magnitude ever in KY. Had no electricity for 9 days. Ugly.

I am so ready for spring.

Have you purchased Bela yet? It's on my list, but I have to find my gardens beneath the limbs and branches before I can think about planting anything, and too...it is going to need to dry up for a while, because now we have saturated ground and winds from Oklahoma. What a nightmare February has been.

Good to hear from you, keep in touch.
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Black Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Good Luck podster 1 May 20, 2008 2:43 PM
Can't wait to see the end product!!! Bettypauze 12 May 26, 2008 12:51 PM
My first mistake... Sharran 12 Jan 10, 2009 1:40 AM
Lovely doccat5 1 May 20, 2008 4:15 PM
The glam goth garden! jojoringer 3 May 21, 2008 3:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America