Fresh seed for SASBE

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

I have a limited number of fruit available if someone would like to try one for fresh seeds. These seeds germinate well. I can send one ripe fruit for a SASBE with $1 postage as these are heavier than seeds without the fruit. Be sure the Bubble envelope is large enough to hold something slightly larger than a golf ball. LOL. Non-Bubble envelopes will be returned. This is an unknown passi that has done excellent for me and after 4 yrs in the ground has proven to be non-invasive, at least here.
The flower is solid white and very fragrant. It is self fertile and sets fruit well.
I will limit the offer to the first 12 responders and will extend it as more ripens. I would like a progress report in a couple years to see if the seedlings come true to the mother or revert back. I believe it may be an edulis cross.
Here is a link for more info.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/902589/
Jan...

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Jan, May I have some of your seeds for SABE
thank you Gale

Hi Gale
Yep, you're #3

Would it be OK if I mailed this weekend

Prattville, AL

Jan, do you have any of the fruit left? Is it 1 per person or can we get more and pay more postage?I'd like to try it for the lattice fence. I'd start it in the greenhouse though. Any instructions?
Let me know and I'll get it in the mail.
Lynn

Miss G - the weekend is fine

pfllh - each fruit has 20-30 seeds and have a good germination rate but I can send a couple if you like.

Prattville, AL

I didn't realize that many seeds and that good of germination. One would be fine unless you have extra.
Please dmail me your address and if 2 would be OK where I'd get one for me and one for a friend that would be fine.
Thanks
Lynn

When will be a good time to start to germina, and will there
be fruit this year.

You can start them indoors anytime. Germination has been running 3-6 weeks as long as it is warm enough. A heat pad would be best up north. I can't remember that far back but I don't believe I got fruit till the second year.

Thank you

Prattville, AL

Jan, I need your address to send the SASBE to.
Thanks
Lynn

Hello budgielover, SABE is on the way
Thank you Gale

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Jan, do you have any of these seed left? I would love to try a few. Thanks!

hi
The fruit are gone but I just cleaned and dried the seeds from the last of it. Please send a BUBBLE envelope with
3 first class stamps or $1.00 cash and I'll use a recycled bubbled envelope.
I also just harvested some solid yelllow Pride of Barbados or Dwarf Poinciana if you'd like to try a few of those too.

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Jan, I'll get your sase in the mail today. If your address isn't listed on DG can you email it to me? Yes, I'd love to try Pride of Bardados & Dwarf Poinciana.
Thanks for sharing with me!
Dollie

I'm in the addy exchange

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Jan, SASE went out yesterday. Thanks for sharing!

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Hi,
Any seeds left? I'd be glad to send you some seeds I have plus the postage for the seeds.
Not in my trade list yet, but have Beauty Berry, Mexican Sunflower, Red Salvia,(not a lot but some, and some Mealy Cup Sage, (with chaff..tiny seeds that are hard to seperate), I also will have some Pipevine.
Let me know,
Thanks
mj

Hi mj,
postage is fine.

Jan,
Got your addy from the addy exchange. Reg. envy or bubble envy for seeds ?
I could send a bubble w/ extra lable that you can just put over your address.
Thanks
mj

Bubble env please.

bubble envy going out in morning mail.
Thanks!!

Got my seeds today!! Thanks again and have a great Christmas!!

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Do you have any seeds left? I can send a SABE out plus postage today. Thanks either way! Jenn

I owe someone one pack and I'll see what I have left today or tomorrow.

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

stumbling across this thread, I see another missed opportunity. If you ever have more seeds, I would appreciate if you would let me know. Thanks either way.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.