Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: About Root Cellars: Love that last line!

Communities > Forums > Article: About Root Cellars
bookmark
Forum: Article: About Root CellarsReplies: 4, Views: 30
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gloriag
Floyd, VA
(Zone 6b)

November 18, 2008
3:00 PM

Post #5804783

Sharon, This was a fine article. You were a brave little girl to go into a dark root cellar. With the way things are becoming, your article is very timely. Many may be inspired to make one of their own.
msrobin
Caneyville, KY
(Zone 6b)

November 18, 2008
3:11 PM

Post #5804810

Sharon, this was an absolutely wonderful article! Thank you!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 18, 2008
3:25 PM

Post #5804858

Good Morning, Gloria...
I agree, root cellars just might need to be resurrected in our future, something that I would be willing to do if I weren't too old to be digging such a big hole. I am glad you caught the line about Ronald. Whenever I see him I remind him that payback comes creeping in at unexpected moments.
Thank you for your comment, I always love them.

Hi Robin,
Thank you for writing. I am glad you liked the article, and so glad to hear from you again. If your day is cold, as mine is, I hope it is filled with sunshine.

Thanks, Ladies
Sharon

pixie62560

pixie62560
South China, ME
(Zone 5a)

November 19, 2008
2:51 AM

Post #5807292

Sharron I hadn't thought of my Grandparents root cellar in years! I to was scared to death to go down there and I can still remember how it smelled!
Oh Roland sounds like my brother Francis, he's 6 years older than me and had a pair of horns on his head growing up. lol
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2008
3:04 AM

Post #5807351

Yep, horns, absolutely!!!! Amazing how well they can now keep them hidden.

You chicken, you...root cellars were great. Well, I have to say that because I was very well acquainted with my Gramma's.

So nice to hear from you. Thanks for writing.
sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: About Root Cellars Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Root cellars: rooted in history Hemophobic 1 Nov 18, 2008 3:19 PM
Root phicks 5 Nov 19, 2008 7:21 PM
A face with the stories postmandug 3 Nov 18, 2008 10:03 PM
Store Tender Bulbs too! dahlianut 1 Nov 18, 2008 8:37 PM
Fruit Cellar Kelli 1 Nov 18, 2008 9:48 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America