Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: About Root Cellars: AHHHHHHHHHHHHH no,no,no

Communities > Forums > Article: About Root Cellars
bookmark
Forum: Article: About Root CellarsReplies: 2, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Aunt_A

November 19, 2008
4:29 AM

Post #5807629

Sharon,

My grandma in PA had a root cellar / canned good storage right under the house. It was dark and monsters lived in that cellar also.

If they sent me down there, I'd come back up gasping for air. If they sent me down for peaches, I might run back up with plums because the plums were closer to the door. Thankfully, I did not have to go down very often because I could cry very well.

LOL

Another memory re-lived thanks to your fine stories, Sharon.

Your friend,

April
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2008
4:36 AM

Post #5807652

Goodness, April, don't ever relive them, just remember them. If I had to relive that root celler, I wouldn't sleep for the next 10 years.

And as you well know, tears don't always work. Now I know I shoulda brought up those pears instead of the potatoes they asked for. That might have worked.

I also had monsters in my attic, witches too.
Sometimes I think they followed me here.

Nite, April, sweet dreams.
Thanks for writing!
sharon
Aunt_A

November 19, 2008
5:26 AM

Post #5807763

:-)

If I had a penny for every time I heard; "If you don't stop that crying, I'll GIVE you sumtin' to cry about", I wouldn't be rich, but I'd have quite a collection.

LOL

I'll dream of heavenly places and the wonderful good food that always followed those trips to the dark underworld. May good dreams float in your windows tonight.

April

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: About Root Cellars Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Root cellars: rooted in history Hemophobic 1 Nov 18, 2008 3:19 PM
Love that last line! gloriag 4 Nov 19, 2008 3:04 AM
Root phicks 5 Nov 19, 2008 7:21 PM
A face with the stories postmandug 3 Nov 18, 2008 10:03 PM
Store Tender Bulbs too! dahlianut 1 Nov 18, 2008 8:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America