Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: What looks like a Shmoo and is edible? A Cushaw!: Like minded

Communities > Forums > Article: What looks like a Shmoo and is edible? A Cushaw!
bookmark
Forum: Article: What looks like a Shmoo and is edible? A Cushaw!Replies: 1, Views: 24
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
PedricksCorner
Freedom, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 19, 2008
4:56 PM

Post #5808996

I am also serious about growing almost all of my own food and making sure I let at least some of everything produce seed for next year. I am allergic to wheat gluten and it's relatives, so varieties of squash are very important to me as a substitute. I am going to have to give Cushaw's a try! Have you ever tried Butternuts? I like to pick them when they are still so young they have not yet lost their light green skin with the green stripes. They almost look like your Cushaws then. The flesh is so dense and creamy, just wonderful. Now I need to look for some of those Cushaw seeds!

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

November 19, 2008
5:14 PM

Post #5809058

Thanks! I grow butternuts (Waltham) every year since just one will make enough for me for a meal or two. It's hard for me to use up a whole cushaw unless I can or freeze most of it.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: What looks like a Shmoo and is edible? A Cushaw! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
wonderful! Dutchlady1 1 Nov 19, 2008 3:12 PM
cushaw squash phicks 4 Nov 19, 2008 6:22 PM
Yum! Aunt_A 1 Nov 20, 2008 12:03 AM
love it taynors 4 Nov 24, 2008 6:28 PM
The Shmoo Elena 5 Nov 26, 2008 4:19 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America