Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

wanted orange coneflower

(Zone 5a)

hey friends,does anyone have these ,i saw them the other day there beautiful,i have snowdrops[3-4ft bush daisys] thats what i call them,or perennial wildflower mix,wanna trade,thank you

Carbondale, IL(Zone 6a)

I don't have orange, but I just acquired some "White Swan" coneflowers if your interested...

This message was edited Friday, Sep 7th 4:14 PM

I don't think there are orange coneflowers. Did you see them somewhere, or what?

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

they will surely be rudbeckia.. the two are related. are these what you want SEEDLADY?

Are these the ones you want? - http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Asteraceae/Rudbeckia_fulgida.html

This message was edited Saturday, Sep 8th 9:26 AM

Norlina, NC(Zone 7a)

Wow, these grow alongside the road here...the little writeup says the seeds would be inferior to the parent, are you wanting the seeds or would a plant be preferable? I will stop and see if I can dig up one of these. There are so many wildflowers that grow alongside the road here, but I am always afraid to get any because I figure they are probably endangered and we can't wild harvest them, like Asclepias.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Orange coneflower ... maybe echinacea paradoxa http://www.missouriplants.com/Yellowalt/Echinacea_paradoxa_page.html

Or perhaps rudbeckia fulgida http://www.hortpix.com/pc3764.htm

Or maybe ratibida pinnata http://www.ernstseed.com/objects/Ratibida%20pinnata.JPG

I'll have the rudbeckia and the ratibida seeds at some point... but they aren't ready yet. I'd be happy to share if you don't get any other offers.

(Zone 5a)

thank you all for your help and patients with us newbies,the one i saw was echinacea paradoxa[norton]thank you for the hyperlinks thats how i found it.

Seedlady, i would love some, they are so pretty, i havn't seen them before!

(Zone 5a)

LILITH,what did you want dear?

echinacea paradoxa please!

Hamilton, Canada

Seedlady,
I would love a couple of trades of the Echinacea paradoxa. I have a large inventory of seeds, let me know what you would like.

Poppysue,
When your ratibida are ready I would love a couple of trades of those as well....again I have a large inventory of seeds to select from.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I think this is getting a little confused!! Seedlady posted that she WANTS echinacea paradoxa. She doesn't HAVE it to share. Sorry seedlady. I didn't mean to twist your post around to confuse everyone.

joydie1 I'll be glad to share what I have when they're ready. Wish I had the echinacea paradoxa too ... but I don't.

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

typical!! write before reading LOL

I have seeds but VERY few maybe not enough to part with.

Mark

Well, if there are really orange ones, I WANT some!!! How about some Clematis, Nelly Moser? Elvis

(Zone 5a)

thank you poppy-sue i got on today and went what happened here[haha] thanks for clearing it up.im still looking for some

ooops, engage brain and all that, lol

Longview, TX

isnt the one you last posted seedlady a yellow coneflower? I have seeds for yellow clasping coneflower....I also have a yellow mexican hat....black eyed susan....and indian summer...havent seen an orange one yet.

hi i would love to have the orange flower seeds if anyone has any to spare
thanks
amanda
909 Charland Ave
Coquitlam BC
Canada
V3K 3K5

Frisco, TX

I think he means the "Tiki Torch" coneflower?? Also somewhat orange is "Sundown" and "Sunset".

If you want some paradoxa or palladia for a good price check out www.seedsofchange.com.

I got a good qty for a few dollars!! I can't wait to plant them and see what I get. I am a coneflower LOVER and I've not been happy with my Sundown plants at all. They've been pretty weak and I've lost almost all of them. My Harvest Moon are still rocking though.

Anyone else have issues with their new breed of Coneflowers??

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I have the sundown and it is doing pretty well for the first year. I think it will do better next year.

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

I have the echinacae paradoxa, we call them black eyed susan's here, so had to look at the picture, but I have a bunch of them if any one wants seeds, let me know. And I have some orange cone flower's or mexican hats, this is the name that they are called here. They have orange pedals that slant back wards toward the stem and the center is like a 10 gallon hat and black, they are a small flower. If any one would like some of the seeds off this I have a few. I'm new to knowing the naming of the flowers. I would put some pictures on but don't know how. Thanks Susan

Richmond Hill, GA

Susan, I would love some of your Mexican's Hats. I also have tons and I mean tons of Rudbeckia seeds (black eyed Susan's) if anyone would like some. I literally give away about 100 plants of this each year so if anyone want plants in the spring please send me a dmail and I can put you on the list. Susan, I have White Swan seeds I could send to you for the mexican hats.
Arlene

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

That would be great. Are you in the address exchange? I'll save you some seeds when they set them. I also have a yellow one that came up, if you would like some seeds from it I'll send them too. I also have New Mexico Sunflower's if you would like some seeds from them. Thanks Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.