Photo by Melody

Article: Under the Spreading Walnut Tree: Black Walnut: More plants to add to the list.....

Communities > Forums > Article: Under the Spreading Walnut Tree: Black Walnut
bookmark
Forum: Article: Under the Spreading Walnut Tree: Black WalnutReplies: 1, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 20, 2008
5:35 PM

Post #5812595

Zuzu, whose magnificent Walnut Tree you can see above, just mentioned more plants that she grows successfully under her tree. I will add the list here so that you can see:

pear tree
dogwood
mimosa
azaleas
rhododendron
camellias
kerrias
weigelas
fuchsias
hydrangea
lilacs
mandevillas
lapagerias
begonias
primulas
cannas
vireyas
iris
orchids

Thank you so much, Zuzu. This is a great help. (edited to correct my miserable spelling.)
Sharon

This message was edited Nov 22, 2008 10:42 AM
kasia_911
Mundelein, IL

August 28, 2014
7:20 PM

Post #9928416

Hi. I have two huge walnut trees in my back yard. Few years ago I planted 7 different hydrangeas under one of the trees. They were mature plants when I planted them. Four of them were 4 feet tall. First year the plants didn't do that well and I blamed it on the winter. Second year they did even worse so I blamed the hot summer. This year they look almost dead and maybe 8" tall. They never bloomed. I don't know what to do. I am so frustrated with the bw. I need help. Will the hydrangeas recover if I replant them far away for the trees or are they pretty much dead? Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated. Kasia

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Under the Spreading Walnut Tree: Black Walnut Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Black walnuts/tin roofs Hemophobic 7 Nov 21, 2008 5:01 AM
Work ahead... catmad 5 Nov 22, 2008 4:00 PM
Too funny postmandug 1 Nov 20, 2008 4:38 PM
Nice phicks 1 Nov 20, 2008 6:12 PM
a poem for your birthday Kathleen 12 Nov 22, 2008 3:48 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America