Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Upper Midwest Gardening: A Warm Country Hello

Communities > Forums > Upper Midwest Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Upper Midwest GardeningReplies: 6, Views: 69
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ChinookCottage
smalltown, IL

November 24, 2008
2:58 AM

Post #5824542

Hello from the cold midwest..My name says alittle about myself-I love anything country from the music to the lifestyle.My favorite color is blue and I am a lady:))LOL
I just got a new computer and was looking for garden site and found Dave's.I love to bake and try new recipes even though it's just myself..
I recently got a little apartment and trying to make it feel like a home.I have never collected anything but enjoy going to antique shop and flea markets.
I hope to meet alot of nice folks here..
countrybluelady
pastime
Waterman, IL
(Zone 5a)

November 24, 2008
12:54 PM

Post #5825418

Welcome to Dave's Garden. You will find DG addicting and informative. Everyone here is friendly and very helpful.

Diana
Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL
(Zone 5a)

November 24, 2008
12:58 PM

Post #5825431

Hello Countrybluelady I am Dimmer(AKA) Kim Plus they also call me Flamingo Kim
I live in waukgan I do road construction and have the day off I love plants I have about 300 different African Violets and all different kinds of hopuse plants. I try and work on the yard before I start working in the spring as My job is seasonal. I love to bake but I live by myself so I take all my baked stuff towork and give it to the crew that I work with. So I keep some and they get the reat they love it when I make stuff for them. I myself just got a new computer and having a hard time trying to get it right But I have been working so ONce I get layed off I will have more time.
You Have found a great site here at Dave's people are so Nice and than there is all differnt kind of forms to vist what ever you like to do.
Well welcome and hope that you have a great time here on days
I will be on alot more once I get layed off when ever that will be Hopping soon the Tollway is Burnning me out
Take care and have a great day this is why I like Flamingo's
Dimmer(AKA) KIM

Thumbnail by Dimmer
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Maxine
Western, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 24, 2008
1:56 PM

Post #5825575

countrybluelady, welcome to Dave's.

Please watch for our upper mid west round up, where you can meet members, take home plants [people who attend bring excess plants and no amount is frowned on what you take home], excellent food and wonderful new friends that you can meet too. Forgot to say, the food part is bring a dish to pass. You will learn more details when Jody posted about it.

Maxine
motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 24, 2008
6:29 PM

Post #5826591

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Waving hi, from Madison area. Take some time and cruise through the forums. There is one for just about everything, meet wonderful folks etc. I have been here almost since the beginning and still finding out new things.
Welcome and enjoy.

cececoogan

cececoogan
Waukesha, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 24, 2008
11:20 PM

Post #5827474

Welcome to DG's. The people here are the friendliest you will ever get an honor to meet via cyber space or in person. No question is too dumb and you get all kinds of answers to one question in a very short space of time. I have learned so much here that I think the people here know more about plants than those who teach the Master Gardened programs. I know I've learned more here than the classes. Just pull up a chair and enjoy. We all love new faces and new prospectives.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

November 24, 2008
11:44 PM

Post #5827564

CountryBlueLady

Welcome to Daves!!

I'm sure before long it will be "home" to you too.

Terese
**out in the west burbs

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Upper Midwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Me Too! Great Forum idea! / Seed saving question caitlinsgarden 12 Jun 6, 2007 1:34 PM
Let's Plan a "TO-DO" Calendar! julie88 104 Jan 23, 2013 10:47 AM
Raggball ornaments raggedyann16142 8 Jun 6, 2007 1:39 PM
Organizing & Documenting *my* Seeds and Plant Info julie88 199 Mar 11, 2007 5:11 PM
ROAD TRIP to DUBUQUE and beyond ! Wandasflowers 93 Apr 8, 2007 12:17 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America