Photo by Melody

Article: Put Your Own Seasonal Harvest on Your Thanksgiving Table: New ideas!

Communities > Forums > Article: Put Your Own Seasonal Harvest on Your Thanksgiving Table
bookmark
Forum: Article: Put Your Own Seasonal Harvest on Your Thanksgiving TableReplies: 4, Views: 38
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Allwild
North, TX

November 24, 2008
2:17 PM

Post #5825653

I want to say that I really love your article. Lot's of great possibilities for preparing the seasonal harvest. How great! I'm not one to rely on specific recipes much, and usually change them up if I do use one.

Nice :)
LTilton
Glen Ellyn, IL
(Zone 5b)

November 24, 2008
2:27 PM

Post #5825700

Thanks!

I always like new ideas, but I prefer to think of recipes as guidelines or suggestions rather than strict instructions.
DonShirer
Westbrook, CT
(Zone 6a)

November 26, 2009
4:46 PM

Post #7311656

There's a great (and simple) recipe on www.Epicurious.com for "Carrots and Brussels Sprouts". Never thought of combining them before!
LTilton
Glen Ellyn, IL
(Zone 5b)

November 26, 2009
8:03 PM

Post #7311983

That's one of the most useful cooking sites on the web.
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

November 23, 2010
5:45 AM

Post #8226675

I planted a fall garden this August, and just last night I collected three cauliflower heads, a cabbage head and a big bowl full of loose leaf lettuce.

I always have the Thanksgiving meal at my house and yes I have plans for them.

We have been on a low carb diet, and in the place of mashed potatoes, I cook up cauliflower, put in the food processor and blend it up with cream cheese till it looks like mash potatoes.

For Thanksgiving this year: I am going to cheat and have mash potatoes, AND mix up in those mash potatoes cauliflower and cream cheese.

Found the recipe on the internet. I am very excited about it. I am even going to have the corn from the garden too - who needs turkey - right there is the only two things I want.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Put Your Own Seasonal Harvest on Your Thanksgiving Table Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
You forgot cranberries! carrielamont 4 Nov 27, 2009 3:40 PM
Hey phicks 3 Nov 19, 2008 10:11 PM
Frozen corn too Liquidambar2 0 Nov 27, 2009 3:36 AM
So surprised... pbtxlady 0 Nov 23, 2011 9:08 PM
nice! jmc1987 0 Nov 18, 2014 8:30 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America